Help for a small alliance?

Drugnut

[quote name='Haflinger' date='23 June 2010 - 05:42 PM' timestamp='1277340129' post='2348243']
This argument is not entirely compatible with your desire to claim that Vilien doesn't have the right to sign a protectorate with the alliance that is the subject of this thread.
[/quote]
Signing a one-way protectorate does not encourage friendship or enrich the politics of Bob, because the protected alliance does not even have to be aware of its existence. The statement in my argument is only superseded by our interest in not ceasing raids on account of unilateral treaties. We obviously must keep our own interests first, but our raid victims are a close second.

However, the treaty in question in this thread is [i]not[/i] unilateral, so we actually have no problem with it and asked our nation to peace out.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Haflinger' date='24 June 2010 - 01:42 AM' timestamp='1277340129' post='2348243']
This argument is not entirely compatible with your desire to claim that Vilien doesn't have the right to sign a protectorate with the alliance that is the subject of this thread.
[/quote]

They never made that claim, the issue appears to be some sort of ex post facto application of the protectorate to a raid that began before it was signed.

Either way, seems pretty stupid and like something both that parties could easily iron out in private, as both Vilien and GOONS leadership are clearly not retarded. Much more difficult here though.

[quote name='Mayzie' date='24 June 2010 - 10:11 AM' timestamp='1277388653' post='2348716']
I'm sure I checked you guys out not long back and on Wiki it said you were protected by NSO.
[/quote]

It does indeed say that on their wiki but I'm fairly certain NSO doesn't currently hold a protectorate with them.

[quote name='Mayzie' date='24 June 2010 - 07:11 AM' timestamp='1277388653' post='2348716']
I'm sure I checked you guys out not long back and on Wiki it said you were protected by NSO.
[/quote]
I'm sure had this been correct not only would this post not have been made. Also NSO would have commented on the situation by now.

Edited by Jakome

[quote name='Jakome' date='24 June 2010 - 10:32 AM' timestamp='1277393539' post='2348761']
I'm sure had this been correct not only would this post not have been made. Also NSO would have commented on the situation by now.
[/quote]
I think you're giving NSO a bit too much credit, but you're probably right.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='23 June 2010 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1277325470' post='2347990']
Or "Methrage" right?
[/quote]
I'm not sure what my name has to with this thread or why you mentioned it here, as I don't think I know you and I hadn't posted in this thread previously. Are you insinuating something about my name or do you just admire me so much you can't help but mention me whenever possible. :ehm:

[quote name='Methrage' date='24 June 2010 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1277405498' post='2348921']
I'm not sure what my name has to with this thread or why you mentioned it here, as I don't think I know you and I hadn't posted in this thread previously. Are you insinuating something about my name or do you just admire me so much you can't help but mention me whenever possible. :ehm:
[/quote]

He was mentioning names based on drug use, so it makes sense that your name came up. He knows of you since Geralde Meane, whom took part in raiding you at the beginning of your little rogue adventure, is a member of \m/, the alliance that he runs.

Edited by nippy

[quote name='Jakome' date='24 June 2010 - 04:32 PM' timestamp='1277393539' post='2348761']
[/quote]

If I remember right, this is the alliance founded over a year ago by Kyle Smith, the NSO treaty on wiki probably just means it wasn't updated/removed when the alliance pretty much fell apart, it just wasn't a risk I was going to take.

I wasn't bashing you guys or anything like that, just saying why I didn't raid them. :P

Looks like most have fled the aa now anyway.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' date='23 June 2010 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1277327513' post='2348025']
In moralism land, when someone commits an act and it is later made illegal, do you arrest them?
[/quote]

So say Person A starts bashing person B's head in with a tire iron. Then in this moralist land, it's made illegal, but Person A is still in the process of the initial bashing and aware that it's now illegal. I'd arrest Person A.

(Replace person A with that GOONS guy, person B with the tech raid guy, bashing in with a tire iron with raiding and made illegal with given protection and it's the same thing)

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='23 June 2010 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1277328666' post='2348057']
I guess they get away by the original version remark.

But: Original Version in any form? how does that make sense. Karma needs better writers :P

Back on topic NNK is despicable and evil for nuking a small defenseless writers
[/quote]

It's almost vague enough for an NPOticide, amirite?

also. I agree about NNK

Edited by Pomiel

GOONS, you guys want a one man alliance that ruined the beloved Tiger Lad's tech deal? Over there lies a new paradise, take it it's yours(well only if youuu dudes want it, he did say no one could beat him,) toooohooo!

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=376333

Edited by Proximo

[quote name='Proximo' date='25 June 2010 - 03:48 PM' timestamp='1277473674' post='2349969']
GOONS, you guys want a one man alliance that ruined the beloved Tiger Lad's tech deal? Over there lies a new paradise, take it it's yours(well only if youuu dudes want it, he did say no one could beat him,) toooohooo!

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=376333
[/quote]

Thanks for the tip! :awesome:

[quote name='Mayzie' date='25 June 2010 - 05:48 AM' timestamp='1277470101' post='2349943']
If I remember right, this is the alliance founded over a year ago by Kyle Smith, the NSO treaty on wiki probably just means it wasn't updated/removed when the alliance pretty much fell apart, it just wasn't a risk I was going to take.

I wasn't bashing you guys or anything like that, just saying why I didn't raid them. :P

Looks like most have fled the aa now anyway.
[/quote]
I would have bashed my quote for terrible English. I need to not change my mind on what I'm going to say then not

[quote name='Pomiel' date='25 June 2010 - 07:10 AM' timestamp='1277471387' post='2349951']
So say Person A starts bashing person B's head in with a tire iron. Then in this moralist land, it's made illegal, but Person A is still in the process of the initial bashing and aware that it's now illegal. I'd arrest Person A.

(Replace person A with that GOONS guy, person B with the tech raid guy, bashing in with a tire iron with raiding and made illegal with given protection and it's the same thing)

[/quote]
Except that if we compare the situation to your analogy, then as soon as it was made illegal, the person stops beating the other person.

[quote name='General Scipio' date='25 June 2010 - 03:00 PM' timestamp='1277492420' post='2350223']
Except that if we compare the situation to your analogy, then as soon as it was made illegal, the person stops beating the other person.
[/quote]

Moar like the person yells IF YOU WANT ME TOO STOP YOU HAVE TO TALK TO MY MOMMY

[quote name='General Scipio' date='23 June 2010 - 03:29 PM' timestamp='1277321361' post='2347902']
I declared war at 2:14 pm CST, and your protectorate was signed at 2:23 CST. If you wish to get me to stop my attacks on your protectorate you may take your complaint up with GOONS government. Thank you and have a nice day :)
[/quote]

[quote name='Pomiel' date='25 June 2010 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1277500557' post='2350335']
Moar like the person yells IF YOU WANT ME TOO STOP YOU HAVE TO TALK TO MY MOMMY
[/quote]

Pointing out that GOONS is made up of whiny children with bad spelling is like pointing out that water is wet...

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='ktarthan' date='25 June 2010 - 05:41 PM' timestamp='1277502065' post='2350367']
Pointing out that GOONS is made up of whiny children with bad spelling is like pointing out that water is wet...
[/quote]

lol

Amen.

[quote name='Pomiel' date='25 June 2010 - 08:10 AM' timestamp='1277471387' post='2349951']

[quote]Back on topic NNK is despicable and evil for nuking a small defenseless writers[/quote]

also. I agree about NNK
[/quote]

This isn't even about NNK, this is about GOONS! Just ignore the OP and you'll be fine.

NNK loves small alliances and would never do anything to harm them, GOONS on the other hand...

[quote name='Alistair Thorrington' date='25 June 2010 - 02:51 PM' timestamp='1277502674' post='2350379']
This isn't even about NNK, this is about GOONS! Just ignore the OP and you'll be fine.

NNK loves small alliances and would never do anything to harm them, GOONS on the other hand...
[/quote]
still waiting on that Justin Beiber concert....