Aid Flotilla to Cuba

zzzptm

Himynamistan does not recognize the Louisianian military occupation of Cuba and recognizes a state of aggression between Louisiana and the people of Cuba. We will not send arms to the people of Cuba, but we will send medicines, foods, building materials, doctors, teachers, and journalists.

Several boats are en route from Tampico to Habana at this hour. They will either arrive safely in Habana or become additional targets of Louisiana aggression.

- Himynamistan Minister of State Madero

Edited by zzzptm

Any shipping from Himynamistan to Cuba will be seized by the Louisianan navy, turned around and sent back to Himynamistan. Continued shipping, violating Louisianan waters, will be seen as an act of war. Cuba does not need nor want supplies from an enemy of Louisiana.

The vessels themselves are owned and operated by civilians: are we to understand that Louisiana is closing its borders to Himynamistan traffic? Will it be all traffic, or will it permit trans-shipment of traffic if it debarks from an intermediary port?

But the most important message is this: why does Louisiana want the people of Cuba to suffer and die from preventable and treatable diseases? Why does it want the people of Cuba to die?

We of Himynamistan also note that the voting seems to favor either freedom or jackbooted oppression. We wonder what the people of Cuba would choose if they were allowed to vote.

Edited by zzzptm

The Imperium of Canada finds this situation quite...thrilling, absurd as it is.
Himynamistan is interfering with an Island that has long held American culture.. for decades under Tahoan rule, and has been taken over by a respectable Nation who has no record of human rights abuse like its previous owners.

The Emperor urges Himynamistan to back down.

Our people should be free to travel where they will, and charity should know no borders. The people of Cuba speak Spanish and have more in common with America Latina than with the imperialists that came before them.

-- Minister of State Madero

You know, I'd like to say something to the Emperor of Can- say, why is it no surprise to see an Emperor supporting imperialism?

-- Canal TeleSur commentator Cristina Saralegui on the show, "La Vista."

[quote name='Vince Sixx' date='08 June 2010 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1276045788' post='2329414']
We find the propaganda and fake news put out by the Himynamistan government to be a threat to peace in America, if you want a real vote, get a plebiscite of the area.
[/quote]

Doctors carrying a boatload of medical supplies is a threat to peace? What kind of world is this?

-- La Prensa editorialist Octavio Paz

As one of the most advanced nations on the planet, Louisiana is quite capable of treating preventable diseases on Cuba. Your propaganda is tiring. Cubans are quite happy to be a part of Louisiana, and your propaganda will not change that.

All Himynamistan traffic to Cuba is closed. Any vessel with Himynamistan registration, or originating from Himynamistan will not be allowed to dock in Cuba.

Himynamistan needs to watch it words, not only to you dis respect our sovreign, but you dishonour us by not having the courtsey to repeat our name.

The Imperium respectfully suggests Louisiana place blockade on all Himynamistani shipping, and does NOT return its vessels, only the crews.
People should know their place, and somebody so new on the world stage, and isnt aware of the regional history should attend some classes.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='08 June 2010 - 08:16 PM' timestamp='1276046196' post='2329424']
Himynamistan needs to watch it words, not only to you dis respect our sovreign, but you dishonour us by not having the courtsey to repeat our name.

The Imperium respectfully suggests Louisiana place blockade on all Himynamistani shipping, and does NOT return its vessels, only the crews.
People should know their place, and somebody so new on the world stage, and isnt aware of the regional history should attend some classes.
[/quote]
Kuutsmil will be placing a blockade on all Imperium vessels designated anywhere. Any ships caught in international waters will be seized. Crews will not be returned.

The Empire of Can - well, not so much of an empire...

The Canadian response privately got alot of laughs, but was none the less taken seriously.

[quote]Private to Kuutsmil

TO -Whomever it concerns

Emperor Bonaparte would like to host a diplomatic meeting between our two nations over the recent shipping proclamation issued by Kuutsmill.

Sincerley
Emperor Bonaparte[/quote]

[quote name='zzzptm' date='08 June 2010 - 08:14 PM' timestamp='1276046049' post='2329418']
Our people should be free to travel where they will, and charity should know no borders. The people of Cuba speak Spanish and have more in common with America Latina than with the imperialists that came before them.

-- Minister of State Madero[/quote]

"I don't know where you are getting your facts from, but Tahoe forced all Cubans to speak either English or Irish. The amount of Spanish still spoken in Cuba is minimal at best. I suggest you fire whoever researched Cuba for you."

[quote name='the Zapatistas' date='09 June 2010 - 02:52 AM' timestamp='1276048345' post='2329489']
The government of Chiapas is curious to why the Empire of Can - um, well, that country - is so interested in affairs of another part of the world thousands of miles away.
[/quote]

Because it involves a Nation, although not official, which the Empire considers an ally, and fought alongside the blood war which ridded America of a tyrannical regime.

And some upstart Nation is spreading lies and slander about them.
Thats why.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='08 June 2010 - 08:16 PM' timestamp='1276046196' post='2329424']

[/quote]

Not all voices in Himynamistan are official. I, for example, am a journalist that works for this paper. And now the Empire of Canada wishes to muzzle the free press of Himynamistan? Then extend that to outright seizure of shipping?

Thus we see the violence inherent in the system.

-- Octavio Paz, [i]La Prensa[/i]

[quote name='Yawoo' date='08 June 2010 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1276047400' post='2329454']
All Himynamistan traffic to Cuba is closed. Any vessel with Himynamistan registration, or originating from Himynamistan will not be allowed to dock in Cuba.

'''

"I don't know where you are getting your facts from, but Tahoe forced all Cubans to speak either English or Irish. The amount of Spanish still spoken in Cuba is minimal at best. I suggest you fire whoever researched Cuba for you."
[/quote]

Louisiana is free to refuse medical aid the likes of which it cannot develop on its own, but its people will be the poorer for it. - Himynamistan Minister of Health Carranza

Spanish is still spoken there, and perhaps in greater numbers than the Tahoe cultural war could exterminate. To our fellow Spanish speakers: [i]¡Si se puedo![/i] - Special Envoy Sepulveda

The Himynamistan navy stood off the Louisiana navy... H. in international waters, L. in its territorial waters. As the flotilla approached L. waters, a Louisiana cutter moved out to intercept them. Cameras whirred and recorded the officer's statement that the ships were not allowed to enter Louisiana waters and any attempt to do so would be illegal and punishable by Louisiana law. Protesters on the boats booed the officer, but the leader of the convoy turned his boats aside and made his way toward an Atlantis port, not too far away. He stated to the press, "There were too many guns pointed in our direction. I did not want to be responsible for putting my passengers in jeopardy. The cruelty of the Louisiana regime will stand as a condemnation against it."

Not all the interested parties came to Cuba by way of a PR-spewing flotilla. Many entered Cuba the old-fashioned way, by fishing boat or tramp cargo vessel. Some were doctors with the open source medicines for jungle cures. They worked without fanfare and did bring some help to poor villages on the southern coast. Others were journalists. One even had a satellite phone and wrote for a major paper: he made no end of critical reports from all over Cuba. Louisiana and its allies decried the reports as lies, while La Liga Indigena and its proponents demanded more investigation and openness regarding the Cuban Question - or La Pregunta Cubana, as they called it.

One thing was certain: popularity for the leaders of all involved parties increased dramatically. That fact led to masses of conspiracy theories, including one that the whole thing was orchestrated by Louisiana and LLI for their mutual gain. When leaders from both factions denied that rumor, it only gave it more credence among the credulous members of the public, which meant nearly everyone thought there may be something to it...

[quote name='zzzptm' date='08 June 2010 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1276054033' post='2329619']
Louisiana is free to refuse medical aid the likes of which it cannot develop on its own, but its people will be the poorer for it. - Himynamistan Minister of Health Carranza

Spanish is still spoken there, and perhaps in greater numbers than the Tahoe cultural war could exterminate. To our fellow Spanish speakers: [i]¡Si se puedo![/i] - Special Envoy Sepulveda

The Himynamistan navy stood off the Louisiana navy... H. in international waters, L. in its territorial waters. As the flotilla approached L. waters, a Louisiana cutter moved out to intercept them. Cameras whirred and recorded the officer's statement that the ships were not allowed to enter Louisiana waters and any attempt to do so would be illegal and punishable by Louisiana law. Protesters on the boats booed the officer, but the leader of the convoy turned his boats aside and made his way toward an Atlantis port, not too far away. He stated to the press, "There were too many guns pointed in our direction. I did not want to be responsible for putting my passengers in jeopardy. The cruelty of the Louisiana regime will stand as a condemnation against it."

Not all the interested parties came to Cuba by way of a PR-spewing flotilla. Many entered Cuba the old-fashioned way, by fishing boat or tramp cargo vessel. Some were doctors with the open source medicines for jungle cures. They worked without fanfare and did bring some help to poor villages on the southern coast. Others were journalists. One even had a satellite phone and wrote for a major paper: he made no end of critical reports from all over Cuba. Louisiana and its allies decried the reports as lies, while La Liga Indigena and its proponents demanded more investigation and openness regarding the Cuban Question - or La Pregunta Cubana, as they called it.

One thing was certain: popularity for the leaders of all involved parties increased dramatically. That fact led to masses of conspiracy theories, including one that the whole thing was orchestrated by Louisiana and LLI for their mutual gain. When leaders from both factions denied that rumor, it only gave it more credence among the credulous members of the public, which meant nearly everyone thought there may be something to it...
[/quote]

OOC: This whole post is going to be OOC as I know that you're new to CNRP after being gone for awhile so I need to point out some extremely important things for you. That you will need to fix when you re-write the above post.

First,
[quote]Louisiana is free to refuse medical aid the likes of which it cannot develop on its own, but its people will be the poorer for it. - Himynamistan Minister of Health Carranza

[b]Spanish is still spoken there, and perhaps in greater numbers than the Tahoe cultural war could exterminate.[/b] To our fellow Spanish speakers: [i]¡Si se puedo![/i] - Special Envoy Sepulveda
[/quote]

Cubans are citizens of my country, therefore saying that the bolded part is RPing my citizens which is against the rules. Only I can determine what is spoken in Cuba.

Second,
[quote]The Himynamistan navy stood off the Louisiana navy... H. in international waters, L. in its territorial waters. As the flotilla approached L. waters, a Louisiana cutter moved out to intercept them. Cameras whirred and recorded the officer's statement that the ships were not allowed to enter Louisiana waters and any attempt to do so would be illegal and punishable by Louisiana law. Protesters on the boats booed the officer, but the leader of the convoy turned his boats aside and made his way toward an Atlantis port, not too far away. He stated to the press, "There were too many guns pointed in our direction. I did not want to be responsible for putting my passengers in jeopardy. The cruelty of the Louisiana regime will stand as a condemnation against it."[/quote]

You can not RP my citizens as you have done in this post. I will RP my navy's actions, you can only RP your navy's actions.

Third,
[quote]Not all the interested parties came to Cuba by way of a PR-spewing flotilla. Many entered Cuba the old-fashioned way, by fishing boat or tramp cargo vessel. Some were doctors with the open source medicines for jungle cures. They worked without fanfare and did bring some help to poor villages on the southern coast. Others were journalists. One even had a satellite phone and wrote for a major paper: he made no end of critical reports from all over Cuba. Louisiana and its allies decried the reports as lies, while La Liga Indigena and its proponents demanded more investigation and openness regarding the Cuban Question - or La Pregunta Cubana, as they called it.
[/quote]

You can not say what Louisiana or her allies decry. Nor, can you say that your interested parties entered Cuba without giving me a chance to respond before they enter Cuba since I have placed a blockade against all Himynamistan vessels. I have a navy and border/harbor patrols which will stop these vessels from entering.

Everybody is responsible for their wording reporter.
A free press does not create slanderous lies, a free press reports unbiased news, reporting both sides of the story...in theory.

The Imperium will not "Muzzle the free press of Himynamistan" and is not doing, we are merely commenting on a reporter spreading untruths, and inflating a situation, easily solved through diplomatic and anti inflamitory means.

[b]Private to Louisiana[/b]

May the Royal Navy send a taskforce to aid in Cubas defence in return for the kindness you showed us once.
It would also lessen the load of your Navy. You are liberators, not oppressors, and we find the disrespect shown towards you is intolerable.

Sincerley
Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte I

Edited by Zoot Zoot