Aid Flotilla to Cuba

zzzptm

Private to Emperor Bonaparte I:

Louisiana would be grateful for your Navy's assistance in keeping Cuba safe from the Latin American and Dominican aggressors.

Your friend,

Michael Croix
Chancellor of Louisiana

[quote name='Yawoo' date='08 June 2010 - 08:44 PM' timestamp='1276055064' post='2329640']
Private to Emperor Bonaparte I:

Louisiana would be grateful for your Navy's assistance in keeping Cuba safe from the Latin American and Dominican aggressors.

Your friend,

Michael Croix
Chancellor of Louisiana
[/quote]

EDIT: NVM :blush:

Edited by Bull Run

[quote name='Bull Run' date='08 June 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1276055187' post='2329642']
Dominican aggression? It surprises us how easily the Imperialist so called "powers" are so easily frightened.
[/quote]
OOC:

That was a private letter - so you can't RP a reaction to it.

[b]Classified with Louisiana[/b]

The Royal Navy in inbound for Cuba

Three Corvettes - HMS Thunderchild HMS Sheffield HMS Bolton
three landing ships - HMS Colossus HMS Anchorage HMS Imperium
two battleships - HMS Belfast HMS Vanguard
two cruisers - HMS Tundra HMS New London
two frigates - HMS Preston HMS Blackburn
one hospital ship - HMS Savior

Soldier count, one division (15,000) to be used at Louisianas descretion.

Signed
Emperor Bonaparte I
Your Ally

OOC im buying up IG to make this all legal, until then they wont be used apart from movements.

Edited by Zoot Zoot

"We ask Himynamistan to stop undermining Louisiana's sovereignty over Cuba. If the Cuban people are content under Louisianan rule, so be it. You have the right to make whatever claim you may make - as ridiculous as they are - but you have no right to contest Louisiana's sovereignity and jurisdiction over Cuba and its people. As Louisiana have repeatedly stated, over and over, if the Cuban people are not satisfied with Louisiana, all they have to do is petition Louisiana. Otherwise, drop this matter."

Edited by JEDCJT

OOC: How about some REVOLUTIONARY IC where I RP other nations' citiz-... no? OK... is there a list of do's and don't's for CNRP? http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=69224 and http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=69861 seem to cover a lot of stuff, so I suppose I should do everyone a favor and read them... A-HA! [i]Incremental actions...[/i] OK, I'm sorry for getting so far out of line. I'll bring it back in, canonically...

IC: First Speaker Zzzptm felt uncommonly nervous in the seconds prior to his televised message to the people of Himynamistan. [i]Things have gone far enough... let's hope this can bring them back, or we're all dead... don't let the Enemy of Both Sides destroy us all...[/i]

The producer counted down and then pointed silently as the message began.

"Good evening, people of my nation and interested audiences abroad. In the past few days, tensions have escalated over the status of Cuba, which was once part of the Tahoe Republic. As part of the Tahoe Republic, citizens were denied basic linguistic rights and were forced to speak the national languages of Tahoe. While it is indispensable for any nation to require its citizens to be literate and conversant in its national language, it is inexcusable to do so at the expense of its citizens' language of birth.

"Louisiana has inherited Cuba from the dissolute and dissolved Tahoe Republic. We of Himynamistan, in conjunction with La Liga Indigena, sought to correct the course of misrule under Tahoe. We wanted to see a voice for the Spanish-speaking minority of Cuba - a minority which Louisiana acknowledges to exist, however small - and to see that minority able to educate itself in its own language and thereby preserve its culture and identity.

"We were not satisfied with the Louisiana response.

"I shall pass over that response in that my purpose tonight is to calm the drums of conflict and to preserve a peace in this region. Shame on Louisiana for being chauvinistic, perhaps, but shame on us for losing our tempers so quickly. We of Himynamistan are better than that. I am proud of our existing [i]Medicos sin Fronteras[/i] program and the impact it has begun to have in our region in treating diseases that once claimed thousands of lives each year. I am proud of our health care system that deals with hepatitis, malaria, malnourishment, and parasitic infections on a daily basis, but nevertheless provides an average lifespan only three years behind fully-developed nations without similar challenges, all at an extremely low cost to the nation. I am proud of the way we do not forget our poor.

"Let us, then, be proud of the way we go forward in regards to Cuba. If we were to, right now, grab our arms and go to war over Cuba, what would we achieve? It could very well result in the liquidation or expulsion of the existing minority community there - not because of Louisiana oppression, but because of the simple fact that war destroys homes in the lands where it is fought, and it would be fought in those parts of Cuba where Spanish is spoken. Is that what we desire? Never mind the other consequences. Never mind the casualties of our own nation, for we give those freely to Huitzilopochtli. Never mind the cost to our own nation, for we work together as one. Never mind our own personal struggles as we fight a war, for we're ready for all challenges, no question at all. But think instead of the possible destruction of that which we seek to preserve, all because of the evils of war. Is that what we desire?

"We are a young nation with an ancient culture and we are finding our way in the world. If Louisiana follows policies that further erode the Spanish population in Cuba, we will be willing to accept all who come here as immigrants and welcome them to Himynamistan. If they cannot get here and somehow lose their culture, we shall write of that as a tragedy of history - but we can do nothing more, for in war we lose any chance of positive engagement with Louisiana and we lose any hope of preserving that cultural treasure. It will sadden us like a father watching a son go astray, but we all know that there are times the father must watch with love as his children make mistakes... he watches with love and hopes they will learn from those mistakes and then do better. People suffer, yes. But we do not want to cause them to suffer more, even unto death of the spirit.

"I will introduce a resolution in the Congress tomorrow that will recognize the current political status of Cuba in the hopes that we will be able to engage Louisiana in a positive way and thereby preserve Cuba's [i]herencia latina.[/i] Thank you, my people, my brothers. Let us pray on this and do as the gods have taught us. Queztalcoatl, guide us to righteousness and peace and help us find our ability to forgive our enemies, that they be enemies no more. Remember peace and good night."

[quote]PRIVATE MESSAGE TO LOUISIANA HEAD OF STATE FROM ZZZPTM NEZAHUALCOYOTL

I hope you have been able to view or read a transcript of my recent speech. There is no need for further conflict or posturing on my nation's part, and I am sure you would be the first to agree in this matter. I have recalled my diplomatic staff to discuss this issue with them and to instruct them that we of Himynamistan are not going to fan the flames of conflict. We are firm on that issue, regardless of any action on the part of Louisiana.

What will help my message of peace go down well at home and abroad would be a simple statement from Louisiana regarding linguistic freedom of the remaining Spanish-speaking population. If Spanish is simply tolerated, we would be fine with that. It need not be a language of state or government, simply allowed to be spoken and used in daily commerce in the ethnic neighborhoods. That alone would be better than the Tahoean practice.

Please also do accept our open-source medicines. Produce them yourselves, as they truly are a gift to the whole world and we withhold them from no nation in the hopes that they will be withheld from no person.

All decisions regarding Cuba are yours and your government's to make. We of Himynamistan do not question that, nor do we presume to dictate what you should do. We apologize for the affronts you have suffered. Feel free to make any part of this communication public: in its proper wording and context is all we ask. But also please do consider what a few words you could offer regarding a small group of people could do. It could truly go a great distance to calming tempers in many places, and that would be to the benefit of one and all.

We will do what we can for peace and we hope the day tomorrow brings us is one we all use to continue to walk in the paths of peace.

Z.N.
[/quote]

A man appeared on the television screen and began to speak,

“This is Alexandria News Corporation bringing you a message from Vice-Chancellor Gabriel Valcoste - speaking from Louisiana’s base in Port International, Carthage. We will now transfer over to a live feed of the Vice-Chancellor as he begins his remarks in regards to the nation of Himynamistan’s latest message to the world.”

“Friends, countrymen, allies and enemies across the world; as you are no doubt aware, my name is Gabriel Valcoste, I am the Vice-Chancellor of Louisiana. Recent events surrounding Louisiana’s new territory of Cuba have caused much alarm in the Caribbean. It is pleasing to see the nation of Himynamistan tone down their words of aggression in regards to Louisianan sovereignty over Cuba. I must address First Speaker Zzzptm’s remarks in regards to the Spanish-speaking minority in Cuba. First, Louisiana is a country made of many people from many origins, the most prominent being French, Spanish, First Nation Americans, Freed slaves, and Germans. The national languages of Louisiana are French, English, and Creole. With that said, German and Spanish are quite the popular languages that Louisianan students choose to pursue in school beyond the required English, French and Creole because of their prominence in various regions across Louisiana. So, to say that Louisiana would ever squash a country’s native language is an insult to all Louisianans. I say this not to fan more flames of hatred and dissent from our Latin American and Caribbean neighbors, but to make sure you truly understand Louisiana as it seems there are quite a few misconceptions from the new nations in Latin America and the Caribbean in regards to Louisianan and Cuban history. Louisiana has never and will never destroy the Cuban minority’s rights to speak their native Spanish tongue. On the contrary, Louisiana will be sending in Professors of English, Spanish, French, Creole, and German in addition to Louisianan Armed Forces cryptologists who will help to establish a language program to bring all of Cuba up to Louisianan language standards – this includes promoting the Spanish language across all of Cuba.

In regards to First Speaker Zzzptm’s second remarks, Louisiana can guarantee the nation of Himynamistan that should war erupt over Louisiana’s acquisition of Cuba, the majority of fighting will not happen in Cuba nor Louisiana but war will come to Latin America, and the hammer of Louisianan’s military will not cease until the threat to Louisiana sovereignty is distinguished. Again, I say this not to further fan the flames of hatred, dissent or mistrust, but once more, to educate the nation of Himynamistan and the La Liga Indigena. The La Liga Indigena, especially the nation of the Dominican Republic have begun to tread down on a very dangerous path, it is best for all parties involved that La Liga Indigena and the Dominican Republic take a very long look at their recent actions before they continue to pursue hostile actions against Louisianan sovereignty. Louisiana does not stand alone, should we call, nations will answer, I guarantee this.

As to First Speaker Zzzptm’s resolution to his nation’s Congress, it is welcomed by Louisiana, and perhaps, the first steps to reconciling our differences will begin with this resolution. Louisiana is a nation of peace, and we do not take up arms lightly, but should it become necessary we will not hesitate to protect Cuba. Peace is always the better path than war, so once more, I encourage the nations of La Liga Indigena to take a very long look at their recent actions before pursuing more of the same.
Thank you and have good day.”

Transmission is cut off and the Alexandria News Corporation anchor reappears. “That was Vice-Chancellor Valcoste speaking in response to Himynamistan’s First Speaker Zzzptm’s remarks on Louisiana’s new territory of Cuba. We’ll be back after a sixty second commercial break to bring you continued coverage of the rising tensions in the Caribbean.”

[quote]Classified to Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte I
From: Louisianan Department of War c/o Field Marshal de Moure

Greetings Your Majesty,

Your navy and soldiers may dock in Santa Marta. After refueling in Santa Marta, if at all possible, please have your navy begin patrols around Cuba, coordinating with the Louisianan Navy - the Hospital ship may remain docked in Santa Marta until it is needed elsewhere on the island. Your division will be temporarily housed in Santa Marta's barracks until they're needed in another part of Cuba.

Thank you for your assistance,

Marine Field Marshal Lawrence de Moure
Commander of Louisianan Armed Forces in Cuba[/quote]

Edited by Yawoo

[quote]Classified to Louisianan Department of War c/o Field Marshal de Moure

The fleet is currently holding its station in the North Atlantic, due to recent... plans imerging, we cant send any naval assets.

how else can we serve?
I am sincerley sorry for the drastic change of forces being deployed, but due to the nature of plans, it requires the bulk of our navy in home waters.[/quote]

Edited by Zoot Zoot

[quote]Classified to Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte I
From: Louisianan Department of War c/o Field Marshal Lawrence de Moure

Your vocal support is all that Louisiana needs, we appreciate you sending your forces down to Cuba, but we understand defense of the homeland comes first.

Best of Regards,

Field Marshal de Moure[/quote]

[quote name='The Disco Commandant' date='08 June 2010 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1276049055' post='2329505']
The funky funky Republic would like to note that while it finds the sudden take over rather unfunky, there is, in fact, very little of our Spanish roots left on the funky island. We take no sides
[/quote]
OOC: Aside from all the other stuff going on in the thread, just wanted to let you know that if you're talking about Puerto Rico, then you're mistaken; Puerto Rico was RP'd as a major spanish nation, when I RP'd it. It was more Spanish than any part of america, aside from HAE. There's still predominantly spanish being spoken there, unless you've RP'd otherwise.

The Tiministan military will be keeping a close eye one any naval encounters. Should any acts of piracy occur in international waters, we will demand an inquest into what happened and demand those responsible be held accountable for their actions.

However, should anything occur in Louisiana territorial waters we will side with the forces of Louisiana and demand the Himynamistanian ships be destroyed for their foolish publicity stunt.

Edited by KingTimmy

[quote name='Biohazard' date='09 June 2010 - 12:08 PM' timestamp='1276103285' post='2330304']
OOC: Aside from all the other stuff going on in the thread, just wanted to let you know that if you're talking about Puerto Rico, then you're mistaken; Puerto Rico was RP'd as a major spanish nation, when I RP'd it. It was more Spanish than any part of america, aside from HAE. There's still predominantly spanish being spoken there, unless you've RP'd otherwise.
[/quote]

OOC: hey my funky friend, this DJ was talking about Cuba and about its Spanish roots being apparantly eliminated. Don't worry though, I roleplay my little island paradise as very proud of it's European ancestry. Just felt like letting you know that you weren't catching on to my vibe about cuba

"Well, Louisiana offered an olive branch wrapped in a joint naval maneuver in the Gulf..." Minister of State Madero led off the Himynamistan cabinet meeting.

"That's a good thing." First Speaker Zzzptm noted agreement in his cabinet. "I say we take it, endure a few weeks of their maneuvers, and sell our silver at just below market rates for a month."

The Minister of the Military Obregon followed in the discussion. "We've also seen the measure of resolve in the region. I'm sure that our forces are technologically superior, but any conflict would have been very hard-fought. Civilian casualties would be very high, and the potential for nuclear exchange I would rate as very high. We are dealing with some very militaristic and reactionary regimes."

Zzzptm nodded. "Just be sure to have our carrier group off Cuba return to Tampico."