Great Lakes Provinces' classified and public actions

HHAYD

OOC: I gotta call foul on that tank. 3600 tech and you've got mobile X-ray imaging? Point defense anti-missile systems? 61 mph in a 24 ton vehicle - with room for 3 more tons of ammo? A HMMWV can do 65, unloaded, at 2.5 tons. The Alvis Stormer is 12.7 tons, 50mph. The M60 Patton had 15.5 cm of armor, and it was a MBT at 50 tons.

If this is what 3600 tech gets, then my 6500 gets grav tanks with plasma cannon. I *know* I don't get those, so I doubt you'd be able to have these babies. Or a lot of the other stuff you're claiming, now that I look it over.

If I'm out of line, let me know and I'll clam my n00b mouth up. If not, then this needs to be rescaled.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='zzzptm' date='23 July 2010 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1279935937' post='2386837']
OOC: I gotta call foul on that tank. 3600 tech and you've got mobile X-ray imaging? Point defense anti-missile systems? 61 mph in a 24 ton vehicle - with room for 3 more tons of ammo? A HMMWV can do 65, unloaded, at 2.5 tons. The Alvis Stormer is 12.7 tons, 50mph. The M60 Patton had 15.5 cm of armor, and it was a MBT at 50 tons.

If this is what 3600 tech gets, then my 6500 gets grav tanks with plasma cannon. I *know* I don't get those, so I doubt you'd be able to have these babies. Or a lot of the other stuff you're claiming, now that I look it over.

If I'm out of line, let me know and I'll clam my n00b mouth up. If not, then this needs to be rescaled.
[/quote]
OOC: Here are the mobile X-ray machines, currently it is only for infantry use, but I figured why not load a larger version of it on a tank?: http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2010-02/us-troops-get-wall-penetrating-sensors-afghanistan

As for the defensive turrets, they aren't 100% accurate or have 100% detection rate (especially with artillery shells or super-sonic missiles, maybe something close to a 4% accuracy/detection rate), but decent enough to make the vehicles last a little longer and to annoy the enemies.

All of the vehicles' armoring consist of mostly empty space, shock absorbent gel, and non-newtonic bullet-proof gel.

For the weight to speed ratio, I am inexperienced with that, so I only have a rough idea of what would be realistic. EDIT: I did RP the tanks having a low operational range since usually the faster the tank goes, the lower its fuel efficiency it is.

I can guarantee you that almost all of the time, the new tech stuff that I found are prototypes, seem to be plausible, and should be ready to be deployed before 2020.

Edited by HHAYD

OOC: The tank would have to be stationary or moving at very low speed for the imaging to be successful. If the armor is mostly empty space, then only quote the thickness of the plate. Also, a bulletproof gel would be of limited usability against a HEAP round. Several cm of regular armor is even more bulletproof, so the gel would be redundant.

The point defense systems would have to consume a huge amount of ammo to be effective.

I'd recommend comparison with similar AFVs for weight/speed realism.

Also, I'm at 6500 tech or so, and I'm just barely at this level of tech, so perhaps your tech should be scaled back somewhat to be realistic. I mean, I [i]just[/i] got GPS-guided artillery rounds...

[quote name='zzzptm' date='23 July 2010 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1279937361' post='2386858']
OOC: The tank would have to be stationary or moving at very low speed for the imaging to be successful. If the armor is mostly empty space, then only quote the thickness of the plate. Also, a bulletproof gel would be of limited usability against a HEAP round. Several cm of regular armor is even more bulletproof, so the gel would be redundant.

The point defense systems would have to consume a huge amount of ammo to be effective.

I'd recommend comparison with similar AFVs for weight/speed realism.

Also, I'm at 6500 tech or so, and I'm just barely at this level of tech, so perhaps your tech should be scaled back somewhat to be realistic. I mean, I [i]just[/i] got GPS-guided artillery rounds...
[/quote]
OOC: Tanks don't drive around at full speed in an urban environment, do they?

As for the armoring, I dropped the thickness of most tanks though still unsure about it. The bulletproof gel mixed with Kelvar are used as a light, cheap substitute for the metal armoring.

As for the point defense systems, the turrets only fire if they can predict the path of an incoming projectile. If an AT missile is flying towards the tank in a straight or curved path, it would get shot down easily. If the AT missile is flying around randomly before attacking the tank, it would not get shot at.

Readjusting the speed to weight ratio.

[quote name='HHAYD' date='23 July 2010 - 05:42 PM' timestamp='1279924931' post='2386643']
Max speed: 61 mph (without ammo)
[/quote]
OOC: This is my main issue. Looking at the tanks that are used today, the Abrams, Leopard 2, Challanger 2, Merkava 4, etc., none of them go faster than 45 mph. Unless you meant kph, that number is unrealistic.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' date='23 July 2010 - 09:17 PM' timestamp='1279937857' post='2386865']
OOC: This is my main issue. Looking at the tanks that are used today, the Abrams, Leopard 2, Challanger 2, Merkava 4, etc., none of them go faster than 45 mph. Unless you meant kph, that number is unrealistic.
[/quote]
OOC: Adjusted it down to 50 mph, though it is still light and has small operational range (if operated at max speed) compared to a MBT.

Edited by HHAYD

GLP National News:

Many Democratic GLP Party's and Communist Party of GLP's high ranking members had been arrested for various charges, ranging from embezzlement, fraud, and etc. The Communist Part of GLP's leader, Todd Banker, was also charged with high treason. He had attempted to fund the FLQ, a communist terrorist organization in Disparu.

The Department of Intelligence and Department of Justice had intercepted messages between the charged party members and other suspects, discovering a massive network crime. It eventually lead both departments discovering Todd Banker's involvement with the FLQ.

More updates to come.

OOC, link to what happened: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=89628&view=findpost&p=2388507

"We condemn Mr. Banker for attempting to fund the FLQ. By doing so, you are helping them destabilize and topple over the Disparuean Government. We do not look kindly upon those who attempt to do this."

[b]PRIVATE[/b]

In a lodge somewhere in Disparu, Giles read the latest news from the Great Lakes Provinces. He found it odd, considering that they had never asked for [i]any[/i] financial help from an external party, much less a foreign one. Unless the High Commander did this himself or a subordinate did this illicit move, he had a feeling that something wasn't right in the report.

GLP National News:

The Communist Party of GLP had disbanded and the Democratic GLP Party's memberships had dropped down to the Nationalist Party ever since the legal fallout hit. Almost half of their representatives and all of their senators resigned.

An emergency Legislative election had been held to fill the empty seats.

In Toronto and several other cities, protests and riots had broke out. Many Communist Party of GLP's and Democratic GLP Party's supporters claimed that it was all set up by political enemies. The National Police Agency and Department of Justice had denied any corruption and that the charged suspects were guilty.

Election results:

-Communist Party of GLP: R:10, S: None
-Nationalist Party: R: 15, S: 1
-Democratic GLP Party: R:13, S: 1
-Republic Party: R:40, S: 3
-Economic Party of GLP: R:64, S: 7
---------------------------------------
Proposed bills:

-Shut down free healthcare, pensions, unemployment benefits, and other social programs.

-Loosen the pollution regulations. Toxic wastes can not be dumped without special landfills though.

-Sell off some of the unnecessary national parks.

-Double the number of high speed rail in GLP, build additional high speed rail lines stretching from northern and southerh part of Alberta to the new strip of land bough from Blue Heavens and gifted by Louisiana that connects Alberta and Saskatchewan to Hudson Bay. An additional high speed rail will connect Ontario to the Hudson Bay through the new strip of land purchased from Imperial Hudson Reich. Two harbors will be built that allows the connection to the Hudson Bay.

-Add funding to GLP's new navy to help protect our harbors and civilian ships, not to mention for national security purpose.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1280260676' post='2391522']
-Double the number of high speed rail in GLP, build additional high speed rail lines stretching from northern and southerh part of Alberta to the new strip of land bough from Blue Heavens and gifted by Louisiana that connects Alberta and Saskatchewan to Hudson Bay. An additional high speed rail will connect Ontario to the Hudson Bay through the new strip of land purchased from Imperial Hudson Reich. Two harbors will be built that allows the connection to the Hudson Bay.
[/quote]

"We would like to remind the GLP that you will most likely have to go through Disparuean waters to get from your western lands to your eastern lands. Just saying."

[quote name='Pikachurin' timestamp='1280263225' post='2391569']
"We would like to remind the GLP that you will most likely have to go through Disparuean waters to get from your western lands to your eastern lands. Just saying."
[/quote]
OOC: Can I see a map of your territorial waters?

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1280263625' post='2391583']
OOC: Can I see a map of your territorial waters?
[/quote]
OoC:
[img]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii55/LT_imageserver/DisparueanWaters-1.png[/img]

Keep in mind that the portion bordering the Atlantic Ocean has been modified to this:

[img]http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1996/border1.png[/img]

OOC: Eh, your territorial water is parking right up to my new strip of land that I purchased from Imperial Hudson Reich. It's going to be a problem when I get my blue water navy in five days.

[quote name='Jordosaur94' timestamp='1280265487' post='2391616']
OOC: I guess you're gonna have to find a way to bypass that, DOW'ing Disparu comes to mind but that won't work out well for you. DOW'ing me also comes to mined, but again that will not work out very well for you, so yeah...
[/quote]
OOC: I wouldn't DOW, I would apply diplomatic pressure on Disparu to give me some territorial waters, just enough for a passage to international waters. If that fails, I would have to use a little more "persuasive" measures.

If all else fails, I would simply order one of my naval ships to sail through his waters to the northern Hudson Bay.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1280265670' post='2391623']
OOC: I wouldn't DOW, I would apply diplomatic pressure on Disparu to give me some territorial waters, just enough for a passage to international waters. If that fails, I would have to use a little more "persuasive" measures.

If all else fails, I would simply order one of my naval ships to sail through his waters to the northern Hudson Bay.
[/quote]
OoC: Instead of being aggressive every time, you can try negotiating some sort of deal with the Government instead. :v:

[quote name='Pikachurin' timestamp='1280268539' post='2391682']
OoC: Instead of being aggressive every time, you can try negotiating some sort of deal with the Government instead. :v:
[/quote]
OOC: Which is why I mentioned, "Diplomatic pressure". I was thinking of the worst if you decided to be an IC jerk.

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1280270472' post='2391702']
OOC: Which is why I mentioned, "Diplomatic pressure". I was thinking of the worst if you decided to be an IC jerk.
[/quote]
OoC: I'm usually not an IC jerk. :P But, for the sake of continuity, my IC persona will usually be one until it reforms. :v:

Proposed bills:
[color="#008000"]
-Shut down free healthcare, pensions, unemployment benefits, and other social programs.[/color]

[color="#008000"]-Loosen the pollution regulations. Toxic wastes can not be dumped without special landfills though.[/color]

[color="#008000"]-Sell off some of the unnecessary national parks.[/color]
[color="#008000"]
-Double the number of high speed rail in GLP, build additional high speed rail lines stretching from northern and southerh part of Alberta to the new strip of land bough from Blue Heavens and gifted by Louisiana that connects Alberta and Saskatchewan to Hudson Bay. An additional high speed rail will connect Ontario to the Hudson Bay through the new strip of land purchased from Imperial Hudson Reich. Two harbors will be built that allows the connection to the Hudson Bay.[/color]

[color="#008000"]-Build defensive structures to protect the Hudson Bay's harbors.[/color]

All have passed, however, large amount of citizens had gone into an uproar over it, especially environmentalists, the poor, and the elderly.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1280265670' post='2391623']

[b]If all else fails, I would simply order one of my naval ships to sail through his waters to the northern Hudson Bay[/b].
[/quote]

OOC: That will be treated as a declaration of war against J Andres. Disparu is a beloved ally of J Andres, and J Andres will treat any violation in its ally's lands, waters, and airspace as violations against J Andres, and will respond appropriately. Unless Disparu requests J Andres not to intervene. :wub:

Just sayin', of course. :v:

Classified message to Disparu from President Mays:

We are requesting that you give us a territorial water strip (wide enough that all of our coastline is within in it) that connects our eastern province to international waters in the Hudson Bay. We do not feel comfortable with your territorial Hudson Bay water sitting right next to our coastline and harbor.
--------------------------
GLP National News:

President Mays had signed a new bill which creates Great Lakes Provinces' Navy, GLPN and the construction of several blue-water ships. He openly stated that he felt GLP needed a navy to protect civilian ships and the coastlines. Without a navy, he warned, "If an enemy launches blockading ships against us, we would have no defense against them and suffer economically."

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1280765193' post='2398453']
Classified message to Disparu from President Mays:

We are requesting that you give us a territorial water strip (wide enough that all of our coastline is within in it) that connects our eastern province to international waters in the Hudson Bay. We do not feel comfortable with your territorial Hudson Bay water sitting right next to our coastline and harbor.
[/quote]

[b]PRIVATE[/b]

[quote][center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091230220739/cybernations/images/thumb/2/29/DisparuGovernmentSeal.png/250px-DisparuGovernmentSeal.png[/img][/center]

[b]Date/Date:[/b] 16 July 2011 / 16 juillet 2011

[b]TO/À:[/b] Mays Billy, President of the Great Lakes Provinces
[b]FROM/DE:[/b] Lilian Meridian, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Disparu

Greetings President,

Please provide a map detailing your claims. The Government will need a visual reference before giving you anything.

Regards,
[i]/s/[/i]
Lilian Meridian
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Member of the Empire Party[/quote]