Great Lakes Provinces' classified and public actions

HHAYD

[quote name='Ryan Milley' date='14 July 2010 - 10:50 AM' timestamp='1279122605' post='2371025']
[b]Private to GLP[/b]
Seeing as how you are looking for cash and are focusing on the economy, the AU is wondering if you are interested in selling any of your western land. That way you can avoid rebuilding costs.
[/quote]
Private reply:

GLP's selling law for established regions' stated that the selling price has to be at least 800% of the region's actual value, which consists of infrastructure, GDP, tapped and untapped resources, private property, and etc. For protectorates, it would be at least 200% of the region's actual value. Alberta and Saskatchewan are worth trillions of dollars, and would cost at least eight times more for you to buy, which would bankrupt your country.

I cannot sell the land without a 90% approval voting from the Legislative due to the selling law, and given the fact that some of the Senators and Representatives live in Alberta or Saskatchewan.

Plus it would be a political suicidal for any politicians who believe the region should be sold. That includes me.

So the answer would be a no.

Edited by HHAYD

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GLP National News:

Mays Billy's proposed bills after two weeks of debating:

[color="#FF0000"]Shot down[/color]
[color="#006400"]Accepted[/color]
[b]Pending [/b](aka, filibusters holding up the voting)

-[b]Shut down free healthcare, pensions, unemployment benefits, and other social programs.[/b]

-[b]Reduce taxes and remove all sales taxes.[/b]

-[b]Loosen the pollution regulations. Toxic wastes can not be dumped without special landfills though.
[/b]
-[b]Reduce all business and financial regulations.[/b]

-[b]Reduce the government size by nearly 30% which would reduce government's spending.[/b]

-[b]Halt the increasing money flow to the military and divert it toward tax cuts. The military will receive a slight budget cut instead.[/b]

-[b]Slow down the border fortifications’ constructions and leave out some of the defenses.[/b]

-[b]Increase spending in building up infrastructure and renewable energy power plants.[/b]

-[b]Sell off some of the unnecessary national parks.[/b]

-[b]Encourage business development by offering tax cuts to businesses that are younger than 5 years old.[/b]

And a new bill that Mays Billy proposed two days ago:

-[b]All speeches in the Legislative are limited by an hour and Legislative members cannot pass the turn to speak to someone else directly, it will be in a randomized order.[/b] (to stop the filibustering)

Note: The newest proposed bill is being held up by Homes Woodstock's continuing speech for the past 48 hours. He has been speaking for that long without any rest. An ambulance vehicle has been seen parking right next to the Legislative building.

Edited by HHAYD

[b]Private to the GLP leadership[/b]
[b]
[/b]
[i]Seeing as how our nations have agreed to a ceasefire, we need a full peace treaty to officially end the war. Here are the terms[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[quote]

[i]The Just Surrender Accords[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[i]1. The GLP and Blue Heaven governments agree to a cessation of all hostilities between one another.[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[i]2. The GLP government agrees to host a 500-man Blue Heaven garrison in their nation (Please note that the amount of troops to be stationed in your nation is negotiable)[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[i]3. GLP agrees to pay Blue Heaven $1.5 billion for damages incurred due to the GLP's aggressive actions.[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[/quote]

[i]If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[i]Sincerely,[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[i]Daisy King (Blue Heaven Minister of Defense)[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[i]
[/i]

[quote name='kitex' date='15 July 2010 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1279233947' post='2373651']
[b]Private to the GLP leadership[/b]
[b]
[/b]
[i]Seeing as how our nations have agreed to a ceasefire, we need a full peace treaty to officially end the war. Here are the terms[/i]
[i]
[/i]

[i]If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[i]Sincerely,[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[i]Daisy King (Blue Heaven Minister of Defense)[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[/quote]
Reply:

For term 2, what is the exact purpose of the 500 men stationed in our land?

[quote name='HHAYD' date='15 July 2010 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1279234174' post='2373658']
Reply:

For term 2, what is the exact purpose of the 500 men stationed in our land?
[/quote]

Reply: To act as a lookout force, so that we will have quite an early warning if your nation decides to invade us again.

[quote name='kitex' date='15 July 2010 - 05:51 PM' timestamp='1279234273' post='2373662']
Reply: To act as a lookout force, so that we will have quite an early warning if your nation decides to invade us again.
[/quote]
Reply: It wouldn't mind as long as they don't cause any trouble. You might have to buy the land to station the 500 men since most of the land that borders your country are privately owned.

Nevertheless, I will sign it, after I submit to the Legislative for approval. It might take a while due to the possibility of a couple of Nationalist Party members attempting to delay it using the annoying filibuster tactic.

[quote name='HHAYD' date='15 July 2010 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1279234539' post='2373670']
Reply: It wouldn't mind as long as they don't cause any trouble. You might have to buy the land to station the 500 men since most of the land that borders your country are privately owned.

Nevertheless, I will sign it, after I submit to the Legislative for approval. It might take a while due to the possibility of a couple of Nationalist Party members attempting to delay it using the annoying filibuster tactic.
[/quote]

Reply:

Alright. That seems entirely fit.

GLP National News: Hank has been spotted in Toronto!

In Toronto Pearson International Airport, Hank went under the identity of "Mr. Reedenka" and had his face bandaged heavily to avoid being caught. However, the airport security noticed something was odd about his passport, identification papers, border pass, and medical papers and had him sit in the medical station while the problems are being investigated. However, Hank revealed himself and killed the guard, along with two other that rushed into the room to investigate the gunshot. Several airport security personals were killed or injured while trying to stop Hank.

He was pinned down in a bathroom and it seemed that the police and airport security had a chance to arrest him, until the notorious Lighting Thieves Gang showed up in three armored vans equipped with two .50 caliber machine guns. During the chaos, one of the vans rammed into the airport, parked in front of the bathroom, and drove off with Hank riding in side. The other two vans also joined the fleeing.

One of the vans flew off a highway overpass and into an oncoming train while the other one was destroyed by a heat seeking missile. The last one was wedged between two police vehicles and was quickly surrounded. However, Hank and two remaining LG members bolted for one of the emptied police cars (the driver was shot out of it) and drove off. Police are still trying to stop Hank and the two LG members. Several dozen of civilians and police officers were killed or injured and it is expected that more will be injured or killed as the chase continues.

OOC: Link to the Rping thread: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=89146

President Mays Billy had proposed another bill regarding national defense to the Legislative yesterday. The bill calls for mandatory three months of military training for all citizens who are older than 18 years old but do not wish to join the military (which would be one year of training).

The 3 month of training will mostly deal with operating weapons, surviving the wilderness, and dealing with emergencies such as treating major wounds while hours away from the closest hospital.

So far, this bill is being filibustered by the democrats. Many stated that it would be a poor choice by forcing all 18 year old and up to experience intense violence. The nationalists fired back, replying that if GLP was ever occupied, they would be able to inflict harm and discourage the occupiers from holding GLP.

The peace treaty between Great Lakes Provinces and Blue Heavens has been approved by the Legislative after a week long of filibustering.
[color="#FF0000"]
Shot down[/color]
[color="#006400"]Accepted[/color]
[b]Pending[/b] (aka, filibusters holding up the voting)

For other bills:

-[color="#FF0000"]Shut down free healthcare, pensions, unemployment benefits, and other social programs.[/color]

[color="#008000"]-Reduce taxes and remove all sales taxes.[/color]

-[color="#FF0000"]Loosen the pollution regulations. Toxic wastes can not be dumped without special landfills though.[/color]

-[color="#008000"]Reduce all business and financial regulations.[/color]

-[color="#008000"]Reduce the government size by nearly 30% which would reduce government's spending.[/color]

-[color="#008000"]Halt the increasing money flow to the military and divert it toward tax cuts. The military will receive a slight budget cut instead.[/color]

-[color="#008000"]Slow down the border fortifications’ constructions and leave out some of the defenses.[/color]

-[color="#008000"]Increase spending in building up infrastructure and renewable energy power plants.[/color]

-[color="#FF0000"]Sell off some of the unnecessary national parks.[/color]

-[color="#008000"]Encourage business development by offering tax cuts to businesses that are younger than 5 years old.[/color]

-[b]All speeches in the Legislative are limited by an hour and Legislative members cannot pass the turn to speak to someone else directly, it will be in a randomized order.[/b] (to stop the filibustering)

-[b]Require 3 month mandatory military training.[/b]

***Private to GLP leadership***

We will send in soldiers to build and occupy our base at a later date, however, we expect the first installment of the $1.5 billion within the next 3 months.

Sincerely

Jose Vieques (Blue Heaven MoFA)

Classified message from GLP to Imperial Hudson Reich:

We are requesting for the land marked in red: [img]http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/3488/mapq.png[/img]

In return, we will deliver 500 Advanced Power-Suits and 6k of Basic Power-Suits. We will provide free maintenance for a year and offer training for your technicians to be able to operate maintenance on the suits without our assistance. Reverse engineering the suits might be tempting, but don't try it.

BPS:
[quote]Weight: 120 pounds
Combat equipments: Radar, night vision, thermal vision, heart-beat sensors, micro-microphones, and EARS.
Support equipments: blood pressure sensors, heartbeat sensors, heating/cooling system, breathing rate sensors, NBC air filters, automated water/food tube (that way the wearer doesn't become hungry/dehydrated), and impact sensors (detects all of the severe impacts).
Armoring: .5 cm of tungsten carbine, 2 cm of LBA (Liquid Body Armor), 1 cm of shock-absorbent gel, and carbon fiber mesh.

Max weight carrying (not including the wearer's strength): 600 pounds

The basic power-suits greatly improve soldiers' speed, strength, and endurance along with survivability. It uses drive-by-wire system instead of the bulky and vulnerable hydraulic systems.[/quote]

APS:
[quote]Weight: 180 pounds
Combat equipments: Radar, night vision, thermal vision, heart-beat sensors, micro-microphones, EARS, Acoustic vector sensor, Smart armor system, and Combat wristwatch.
Support equipments: blood pressure sensors, heartbeat sensors, heating/cooling system, breathing rate sensors, NBC air filters, automated water/food tube (that way the wearer doesn't become hungry/dehydrated), and impact sensors (detects all of the severe impacts).
Armoring: .75 cm of tungsten carbine, 3 cm of LBA (Liquid Body Armor), 1 cm of shock-absorbent gel, and carbon fiber mesh.

Max weight carrying (not including the wearer's strength): 900 pounds

The advanced power-suits greatly improve soldiers' speed, strength, and endurance along with survivability more than the basic ones. It uses drive-by-wire system. It also has more larger pockets than the basic power-suits, allowing the wearer to carry more items such as ammunition.[/quote]

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='Jordosaur94' date='20 July 2010 - 06:52 PM' timestamp='1279669938' post='2381513']
Private to GLP: We accept the offer.
[/quote]
Reply: The shipment of the power-suits will be sent. It will take about a month for all of them to be shipped. We will also send technicians to train your soldiers on how to operate and take of them and your maintenance workers on repairing the suits.

We will also send 5 million barrels of oil that will take about six months for the shipment to be fully completed.

Edited by HHAYD

To Blue Heavens, from Great Lakes Provinces, CLASSIFIED:

We are requesting if we can purchase this small strip of land marked in blue:
[img]http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8139/mapio.png[/img]
Here are the military items were are offering to send to you in return for the land:
-100 HT-99B Mobile Fortress tanks with production blueprints:

[quote]
Armoring type:

NERA plates (Tungsten carbine and rubber)
Empty space with a few nickel steel beams connecting the NERA plates with the rest of the armoring
Overlapping Tungsten carbine plates (size for each plate is 9 square cm) attached together with UHMWPE
Kelvar mixed with bullet-resistant liquid
Rolled homogeneous Nickle-Steel alloy plates welded together

The entire covering of the tank is extremely sloped.

Body and turret's average armoring thickness: 20 cm

Bottom side's average armoring: 10 cm, bent slightly in a V shape to funnel explosions outward.

Tracks' front, back, and side armoring: 20 cm

(Note: Extra armoring are used around the aluminum oxynitride tempered windows.)

Max speed: 32 mph (without ammo)

Operational range: Up to 98 miles at max speed

Weight: About 32 tons (without ammo)

Ammo storage: 28 tons

Engine system: 2 rear located gas/diesel and electricity hybrid engines. It gets some of its electricity by converting heat (from exhaust/engine/cooling systems) into electricity with thermoelectric generators.

Weapons: 190mm cannon that is 8 meters long, two 40mm cannons (one on right and left side), four missile launchers, and an anti-low flying aircraft missile launcher and all have automatic loaders and computers to correctly point the weapons toward the direction where the tank operators want to target. Multiple circular saws are attached to the front, powered by their own separate batteries (only equipped when the tank will engage enemy infantry). Weapons can be replaced but it would require rewiring and reprogramming of the tank with the expectation of the circular saws since they only need to be glued onto the armoring. There are also dual automated 40mm turrets that target any incoming shells, rockets, bombs, and missiles equipped.

Firing rate of the cannon: one shell per 7 seconds.

Other equipments on board: Thermal, night vision, heartbeat sensors, Eagle Scanners (x-ray machines that can spot anything hiding, including landmines), fire-retardant foam sprays, and radar.[/quote]

-4,000 LATNTs with production blueprints:

[quote]
Class: Light anti-tank missile launcher:

Ammunition type: 15 cm diameter, 90cm long missiles

Firing mode: Semi-automatic

Firing rate: Depends on the reloading rate

Clip size: 1

Removeable attachment: Tripod and computerized lock-on system camera device (locks onto the preferred part of the target using data stored in memory chips by displaying transparent flashing green box in the camera's display screen around the suggested targeted area, indicating the operator to fire). It has holographic sight, thermal sight, and scope built in. It can also identify vehicles based on shape of it using the data from the memory chips.

Uses: Unable to penetrate through heavily armored vehicles' strongest armor spots, often the front side. However, it can punch through weak spots, often located in the rear, bottom, or top. A single elite soldier can operate the weapon hand held, and for regular soldiers, it takes two to operate the weapon hand held but only one regular soldier needed if the tripod is used. It can also be used to target aircraft.

Issues: Slow reloading rate and weight. The weapon will be even heavier if a heavy missile is used.

[/quote]
-2,000 HATNTs with production blueprints:

[quote]
Class: heavy anti-tank missile launcher:

Ammunition type: 15 cm diameter, 90cm long missiles

Firing mode: Semi-automatic

Firing rate: Depends on the reloading rate

Clip size: 5

Removeable attachment: Same as the LATNT

Uses: Same penetration power as the LATNT but can attack five vehicles within seconds without having to reload in the middle of firing. Plus, if there is a vehicle that requires multiple missile impacts for it to be defeated, the operator can fire all of the missiles (split second in between each firing of a missile) at the same spot. 5 missiles slamming into a small area within 2.5 seconds is a lot more damaging than 5 missiles targeting the same area with a few seconds between firing). It can only be operated using a tripod. It can also be used to target aircraft.

Issues: Slow reloading rate (although less time is spent in reloading compared to the LATNT) and transporting it. The transporting issue can be solved if the weapon is moved while empty.[/quote]

As optional, we could also sign a NAP and a free trade treaty. Both treaties would benefit us.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='kitex' date='21 July 2010 - 08:24 PM' timestamp='1279761823' post='2383719']
OOC: How can the heavy AT launcher fire 5 missiles at once? o_O

IC:

Blue Heaven accepts the items except for the heavy AT launcher, instead, we'd like $100 million.
[/quote]
OOC: Oops, I worded it wrong, but it is faster to to reload and fire than the LATNT though heavier.

IC: It will take about six months for us to wire the money. Everything else will be sent within a month. We will also send instructors to train your soldiers on operating the tanks and missile launchers and technicians to train your maintenance workers on maintaining the equipments.

Also, words on about the offered treaties?

Edited by HHAYD

GLP Department of Defense:

GLP military had received several new equipment, though a few of their existing ones have been declared retired.

Retired (OOC: 2k tech :OOC):

HT-99B Mobile Fortress tanks (none for sale, except production plans can be purchased)
LATNTs (Light Anti-Tank N00btube) (20,000)
HATNTs (Heavy Anti-Tank N00bstube, 6 barreled) (9,500)

Note: To other countries that had purchased/gifted any of the listed ones above, free maintenance will be provided up to a year. The three items above are also for sale, including their production plans. Museum versions will also be sold, but the equipments and vehicle will be fully disabled. All of the wires removed, software hard-wiped, microchip sets laser cut disabled, etc.

However, they will be only sold to countries that GLP can trust and they can not be sold to other buyers once purchased (except for the museum version), including the production plans. Customer countries that have not purchased the production plans may not reverse engineer the items and/or mass produce them. Museum version can be brought back to service, but they must show very little resemblance of the actual versions. Violations of the ToS will be dealt accordingly depending on how severe the crime was and if the charged country cooperated. Violations vary from fines to DoWs.
-----------------------
Mothballed:

Standard Body Armor (SBA)
Basic Power-Suits (BPS)
Advanced Power-Suits (APS)

Not for sale
------------------------
Newly introduced:

MV-69A Artillery self-propelled guns
LV-56A LAAMBRVs (Light Anti-Aircraft, Missile, Bomb, and Rocket Vehicle)
Light Universal Missile Launcher (LUML)
Heavy Universal Missile Launcher (HUML)
2G Standard Body Armor (SBA)
2G Basic Power-Suits (BPS)
2G Advanced Power-Suits (APS)

Not for sale

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='JEDCJT' date='21 July 2010 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1279772953' post='2384011']
[b]CLASSIFIED TO BLUE HEAVEN[/b]

"We are wondering why you haven't contacted J Andres about the military equipment. We have basically the same equipment that the GLP offers you, albeitly of a different variant, that are much more effective and practical, that we can sell you for low prices. You do not need to give up any land, like the GLP seems to inquire of you, and you receive everything that you would need for your military. Yes, it is true that our military has been using the same tanks, aircrafts, and equipments for years, but they had been tested and work well. After all, as the old saying goes: 'don't fix it if it ain't broke'.

Just saying."
[/quote]
OOC: How did you know? That was classified.

[quote name='HHAYD' date='22 July 2010 - 07:48 AM' timestamp='1279813674' post='2384467']
OOC: How did you know? That was classified.
[/quote]

OOC: Mah spiez knows everything and everything! :awesome:

On a serious note, your post wasn't marked classified, so I assumed it was public so J Andres would reply. But if I'm wrong, I will edit my post.

Edited by JEDCJT

[quote name='JEDCJT' date='22 July 2010 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1279821746' post='2384591']
OOC: Mah spiez knows everything and everything! :awesome:

On a serious note, your post wasn't marked classified, so I assumed it was public so J Andres would reply. But if I'm wrong, I will edit my post.
[/quote]
OOC: Now it is marked classified. I completely forgot about it until now.

Bills:

-[color="#008000"]All speeches in the Legislative are limited by an hour and Legislative members cannot pass the turn to speak to someone else directly, it will be in a randomized order. (to stop the filibustering)[/color]

-[color="#008000"]Require 3 month mandatory military training. [b]All trained civilians may purchase pistols, semi-automatic pistols, machine pistols, hunting rifles, and pump-action shotguns, proven that the user had no criminal history, mental illness, and any other factors that might influence the user to use the weapon illegally. Civilians are restricted to purchasing one clip every three months except during times of war. Any weapon use violation will result in permanent banning from using any firearms with other charges depending on the crime.[/b]

[/color]

Edited by HHAYD

Classified:

New tank development, LT-1A Utility Tank:

Armoring type:

NERA plates (Tungsten carbine and rubber)
Empty space with a few nickel steel beams connecting the NERA plates with the rest of the armoring
Overlapping Tungsten carbine plates (size for each plates is 9 square cm) attached together with UHMWPE
Rolled homogeneous Nickle-Steel alloy plates welded together

The entire covering of the tank is extremely sloped.

Body's average armoring thickness: 8 cm

Bottom side's average armoring: 4 cm, bent slightly in a V shape to funnel explosions outward.

Tracks' front, back, and side armoring: 8 cm

(Note: Extra armoring are used around the aluminum oxynitride windows. Armor plates can be clipped on)

Max speed: 50 mph (without ammo)

Operational range: Up to 240 miles at max speed

Weight: About 19-22 tons (without ammo, base), total weight depends on what the tank is equipped with.

Ammo storage: 0-3 tons

Engine system: Rear located dual gas/diesel and electricity hybrid engines. It gets some of its electricity by converting heat (from exhaust/engine/cooling systems) into electricity with thermoelectric generators.

Weapons: A single medium AT missile launcher and a single .50 caliber machine gun. There are also dual automated 40mm turrets that target any incoming shells, rockets, bombs, and missiles equipped. There are also light anti-aircraft missile launchers.

Firing rate of the cannon: None

Other equipments on board: Thermal, night vision, heartbeat sensors, Eagle Scanners (x-ray machines that can spot anything hiding, including landmines), fire-retardant foam sprays, and radar.

Uses: Basically an armored vehicle that mimics an engineer on a larger scale. Equip it with a gigantic chainsaw and a wood chipper and our vehicles can easily plow through forests. Equip it with a massive motor operated foldaway bridge and we can cross over rivers. Equip it with a large carpet unroller loaded with steel sheets and our heavy vehicles can easily cross over soft ground. It can be equipped with a flamethrower to roast zombies (if there was a zombie outbreak...). It can be converted into an actual combat tank though it would be less efficient than the other tanks. There are more ideas on how the Utility tank can be used thanks to its extreme tolerance for rough terrains and high structural flexibility.

Disadvantage: Do not use it for frontal combat, unless if there is no choice left.
-----------------------
EMP-proofing project:

Some of our defenses and vital systems are EMP proofed since they were modernized GLS's stuff. However, not all of our vital systems and defenses have been EMP proofed, which poses a risk to us if an enemy uses an EMP weapon.

Priority list:

1. Power grid, plants, and other structures
2. Communication systems
3. Transportation systems
4. Government computers and electronic systems
5. Equipments and vehicles
6. Static defense systems
7. Major industries
8. Minor industries
9. All other structures and infrastructure

Edited by HHAYD