Nexus Announcement

[quote name='Jrenster' date='29 April 2010 - 03:50 PM' timestamp='1272581415' post='2280411']
Thanks.
[/quote]
You're welcome.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='29 April 2010 - 03:50 PM' timestamp='1272581415' post='2280411']
And have you considered that Lennox may have decided to research more on the issue after he asked that question? So no, he's not misleading anyone.
[/quote]
What he did after the question has no bearing on the context under which he asked the question. I fail to see how this is relevant.

The fact that he said "if I recall correctly" only shows that he had cursory knowledge of this situation.
[/quote]
I disagree. It shows that he was confident enough in his familiarity with the topic to make an informative statement about it. It is the equivalent of saying "If my memory is correct", which means he acknowledges that at one point he would have known the answer for certain, implying a prior working knowledge of the situation.

[b]Regardless, I don't speak for Lennox[/b]. I speak for myself. I haven't researched it, and whatever I know of this situation comes from skimming some of your posts.
[/quote]
Then why did you answer a question for him, saying "we"? I guess that could have been just so you could say derogatory things about GOONS.

And I am also aware that the rest of NSO isn't really giving a crap about this. They only care that they obtained a new protectorate in Nexus and that we aren't going to defend Methrage because that's a separate issue. Lennox is aware about it to. So for Lennox, it's just a personal thing.
[/quote]
Okay, I'll remember that in the future that as a "personal thing", Lennox either A) Posts about things he doesn't know about as if he did, or B) Spins facts to misrepresent the truth.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='29 April 2010 - 04:07 PM' timestamp='1272582433' post='2280442']
[color="#0000FF"]Now, shall we continue to digress and talk about how much GOONS hates Methrage, or shall we get on with it? By that I mean talk about Nexus. They are what this is about, and what I still don't get is why GOONS seems so eager to make an unnecessary show. Do you not have enough enemies already? Is that it? Are you eager to make more? With this kind of behavior I can assure you that you will.[/color]
[/quote]
What about how Methrage managed to speak out against GOONS twice on the first page with absolutely no provocation. Then after the protectorate was brought up, he decided to switch the topic to GOONS's mercy board process, which he then further derailed into yet another discussion of how terrible GOONS is. Are we simply supposed to stay silent while he bad mouths our alliance, and misrepresents the facts in order to garner support in an effort to further damage GOONS?

[quote]What he did after the question has no bearing on the context under which he asked the question. I fail to see how this is relevant.[/quote]

[quote name='Lennox' date='29 April 2010 - 03:20 PM' timestamp='1272568831' post='2280143']
No, which is why I'm asking in this thread. Your ability to see past the obvious is exceptional.
[/quote]

You talking about this? This is completely relevant because that's just what he did. Your question was asked in response to the "if I recall correctly" statement. Start using logic and stop talking !@#$.

[quote]I disagree. It shows that he was confident enough in his familiarity with the topic to make an informative statement about it. It is the equivalent of saying "If my memory is correct", which means he acknowledges that at one point he would have known the answer for certain, implying a prior working knowledge of the situation.
[/quote]

I don't deal with irrelevant semantics. The issue at hand is that you're making a snide remark to what is quite obvious. Stop trying to analyze every word that Lennox puts out of his mouth as a metaphor or a symbol.

[quote]Then why did you answer a question for him, saying "we"? I guess that could have been just so you could say derogatory things about GOONS.[/quote]

I don't deal with semantics. And where did I answer this question with a "we" remark? Are you talking about how I said that we don't care? It's obvious that I was talking about NSO. Stop playing this semantics game with me because it's getting utterly idiotic. I'm losing brain cells as I am writing this post. And I don't think not giving a !@#$ about your alliance is derogatory. It's a fact of life.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='29 April 2010 - 05:34 PM' timestamp='1272584068' post='2280485']
-- long, angry response edited for space --
[/quote]

Sir, if you don't wish to deal in semantics, might I suggest a career in something other than politics?

[quote name='ktarthan' date='29 April 2010 - 07:31 PM' timestamp='1272583868' post='2280482']
What about how Methrage managed to speak out against GOONS twice on the first page with absolutely no provocation. Then after the protectorate was brought up, he decided to switch the topic to GOONS's mercy board process, which he then further derailed into yet another discussion of how terrible GOONS is. Are we simply supposed to stay silent while he bad mouths our alliance, and misrepresents the facts in order to garner support in an effort to further damage GOONS?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]He merely stated the despite GOONS considering him a rogue he would ensure that Nexus is not treated that way by the rest of the world. I fail to see how that is a shot at your alliance.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='29 April 2010 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1272584236' post='2280491']
[color="#0000FF"]He merely stated the despite GOONS considering him a rogue he would ensure that Nexus is not treated that way by the rest of the world. I fail to see how that is a shot at your alliance.[/color]
[/quote]

Come now, this is a discussion about Nexus, not about GOONS or Methrage. Try to stay on topic, please.

[quote name='magicmountain' date='29 April 2010 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1272584442' post='2280493']
Come now, this is a discussion about Nexus, not about GOONS or Methrage. Try to stay on topic, please.
[/quote]
Its on topic if its relating to actions GOONS take towards Nexus, considering I'm the leader of Nexus and made the topic, I don't see how he's off topic.

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 05:48 PM' timestamp='1272584921' post='2280507']
Its on topic if its relating to actions GOONS take towards Nexus, considering I'm the leader of Nexus and made the topic, I don't see how he's off topic.
[/quote]
Methrage, I wish you would try. It pains me so to see you quit at something before it's even begun. I only hope you have a little more drive when it comes to leading your alliance.

[quote name='magicmountain' date='29 April 2010 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1272584213' post='2280490']
Sir, if you don't wish to deal in semantics, might I suggest a career in something other than politics?
[/quote]

Politics has nothing to do with semantics. I don't know where you people get that from.

[quote name='magicmountain' date='29 April 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1272585007' post='2280510']
Methrage, I wish you would try. It pains me so to see you quit at something before it's even begun. I only hope you have a little more drive when it comes to leading your alliance.
[/quote]
I don't know what you can expect beyond what I posted on your forum as far intentions towards peace from me, next time maybe if the discussion was just with gov rather than being flooded with spam it would be more productive.

I already stated my reasons in the thread, although it seemed like you guys were wasting my time on purpose trying to have me do pointless stuff. We'll see what comes of it, but I have drive to lead an alliances, not keep a bunch of GOONS entertained.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='29 April 2010 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1272584068' post='2280485']
-snip-
[/quote]
I'll stop doing the reply-to-everything-you-say thing, because my time is short.

I think the first point has reached some sort of miscommunication between us. I don't think we're debating about the same thing.

I have not made any snide remarks towards Lennox or yourself - I have tried to make all of my posts to both of you either informative or inquisitive.

Thank you for clarifying the "We" in that sentence. Errant pronouns can lead to much confusion, especially when you reply to a question asked of someone else.

Not caring about my alliance is not derogatory, but you expressed it in a very derogatory fashion.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue against any more. If you consider semantics irrelevant, and are unwilling to form any rebuttal regarding semantics, then we have nothing left to debate.

[quote name='2burnt2eat' date='29 April 2010 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1272586291' post='2280534']
Methrage has been sanctioned on numerous teams for being attacked by GOONS, and that makes him a rogue?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's retarded.
[/quote]
Incorrect. Methrage has been sanctioned on numerous teams for intending to cause harm to GOONS for no reason, most specifically, but not limited to, aiding and abetting a nation we were at war with.

But, welcome to the party.

PS: This is exactly why I took exception to Lennox's remark. This kind of misinformation is not tolerable.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='30 April 2010 - 01:15 AM' timestamp='1272586516' post='2280540']
Incorrect. Methrage has been sanctioned on numerous teams for intending to cause harm to GOONS for no reason, most specifically, but not limited to, aiding and abetting a nation we were at war with.

But, welcome to the party.
[/quote]

I would love to know what nation this is, and what he did that constitutes as "aiding and abetting".

Because, from what I've learned from the first 3 pages, your terminology is pretty poor.

[quote name='2burnt2eat' date='29 April 2010 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1272586828' post='2280548']
I would love to know what nation this is, and what he did that constitutes as "aiding and abetting".

Because, from what I've learned from the first 3 pages, your terminology is pretty poor.
[/quote]

I thought that aid means send money/tech/soldiers. May be I'm wrong though. :v:

[quote name='D34th' date='30 April 2010 - 01:30 AM' timestamp='1272587393' post='2280564']
[/quote]

I wouldn't count on it from the guy that differentiates between "perpetual war" and "PZI."

Besides, you can aid someone militarily, financially, diplomatically, etc. The more I read what he posted, the less it says.

[quote name='D34th' date='29 April 2010 - 06:30 PM' timestamp='1272587393' post='2280564']
[/quote]

Correct. In addition to this, he was abetting that he would be more than capable of handling himself in a conflict with us. We were abetting otherwise :v:

[quote name='2burnt2eat' date='29 April 2010 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1272587559' post='2280568']
I wouldn't count on it from the guy that differentiates between "perpetual war" and "PZI."

Besides, you can aid someone militarily, financially, diplomatically, etc. The more I read what he posted, the less it says.
[/quote]

in other words, you're jumping into this discussion with a head full of opinions but empty of facts. All of this has previously been established in earlier threads, and you're expecting us to do your homework for you.

Methrage used the aid system to send financial aid to a nation in an alliance we were at war with. And then bragged about it.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='30 April 2010 - 01:39 AM' timestamp='1272587968' post='2280579']
in other words, you're jumping into this discussion with a head full of opinions but empty of facts. All of this has previously been established in earlier threads, and you're expecting us to do your homework for you.

Methrage used the aid system to send financial aid to a nation in an alliance we were at war with. And then bragged about it.
[/quote]

In other words, the postings of your alliance chastise people for commenting on an issue of which [b]you[/b] withhold information of, and then barely giving any, continue to chastise the same people for not knowing.

At best, you've only [i]partially[/i] answered the question not directed at you, but whatever, you work.

Now tell me the nation. And the alliance name would be lovely, is it another one of the micros you love picking on so much? The amount and date too. I am now doing here the research your alliance so desires of people of my type to do, which was my original intention for posting here. Enlighten me.

Come to think of it, you're being just as vague by saying [b]that[/b] nation, and [b]that[/b] alliance. It's a step up with clarifying that it's financial aid, anyway.