GOONS Declaration of War

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 April 2010 - 03:48 AM' timestamp='1271299671' post='2260807']
And your terms you offered me involved writing an essay, much more work than sending some cash. I've received several surrender terms from you guys yet you still won't have anyone attack, I might as well be at war with GOONS forever and it doesn't matter much. I'm tempted to post quotes of all the name calling and immature PMs I've gotten from GOONS throughout now.
[/quote]

So how many of those members are actual government? That's generally important in determining if an alliance is at war with someone.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gerald Meane' date='14 April 2010 - 10:59 PM' timestamp='1271300348' post='2260822']
So how many of those members are actual government? That's generally important in determining if an alliance is at war with someone.
[/quote]
Surrender terms came from JamezBfod each time. I'm not going to both posting insults as I have a pretty think skin anyways and lost interest in peace at all for now after some further discussions, it has been made clear enough they consider me at war but won't attack, so I'm basically free to tech raid their smaller members once my wars clear without consequence.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='14 April 2010 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1271300662' post='2260824']
Surrender terms came from JamezBfod each time. [b]I'm not going to both posting insults as I have a pretty think skin anyways[/b] and lost interest in peace at all for now after some further discussions, it has been made clear enough they consider me at war but won't attack, so I'm basically free to tech raid their smaller members once my wars clear without consequence.
[/quote]

I knew you were bluffing.

[quote name='Methrage' date='14 April 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1271299671' post='2260807']
GOONS are lucky I'm not the type to try using mods as a weapon trying to opponents banned like some people, but I'll remember your attempt here and what GOONS will stoop to despite being guilty of the same and provoking that member.
[/quote]

I don't remember anyone provoking him more than sending attacks his way and sending generic "I'm going to smash you yarr!" messages. I remember I just sent a PM to him asking him to calm down or something. He was rather rude in response. A couple goons were worried about his mental health. They received similar messages. I've been in quite a few wars and have always tried to maintain the level of politeness that is almost stereotypically British. Your fellow earned his ban.

I posted no insults. At least immature ones, there may have been some dry humor but I tend to do that. I take offense at you insinuating, even unintentionally, that the insults came from me, if they came from GOONS at all. All legitimate attempts at dialogue have come from me, and yet you have forsaken reason for madness.

Edited by JamezBfod

[quote name='JamezBfod' date='14 April 2010 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1271300836' post='2260830']
I don't remember anyone provoking him more than sending attacks his way and sending generic "I'm going to smash you yarr!" messages. I remember I just sent a PM to him asking him to calm down or something. He was rather rude in response. A couple goons were worried about his mental health. They received similar messages. I've been in quite a few wars and have always tried to maintain the level of politeness that is almost stereotypically British. Your fellow earned his ban.
[/quote]
You guys seem real proud of getting someone banned that you guys pushed his button, whenever I see GOONS get banned from now rather than think "that's messed up", now I'll be more of the opinion "they deserved and would pull the same stuff on others given the chance".

Those who tend to disregard the rules or portray that image, yet they try getting people banned for the same type of stuff I have no respect for.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='14 April 2010 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1271301231' post='2260837']
You guys seem real proud of getting someone banned that you guys pushed his button, whenever I see GOONS get banned from now rather than think "that's messed up", now I'll be more of the opinion "they deserved and would pull the same stuff on others given the chance".

Those who tend to disregard the rules or portray that image, yet they try getting people banned for the same type of stuff I have no respect for.
[/quote]

How could we take any pride in something that has nothing to do with us?

It's unfortunate that he lacked self restraint but for society to exist there must be rules and we all must follow them. I'm afraid your friend was a victim of his own actions. If you insult me and I shoot you down I'm still a murderer, or are you saying you deserve to be shot in that situation?

[quote name='magicmountain' date='14 April 2010 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1271301473' post='2260844']
How could we take any pride in something that has nothing to do with us?

It's unfortunate that he lacked self restraint but for society to exist there must be rules and we all must follow them. I'm afraid your friend was a victim of his own actions. If you insult me and I shoot you down I'm still a murderer, or are you saying you deserve to be shot in that situation?
[/quote]
You guys posted PM's which got him banned, it would be a similar scenario to I find out someone is breaking a rule and I make a thread reporting him. Are you really comparing being shot to some words said in a game when he was angry that you guys were attacking him?

Good job showing yourselves to being rats and unable to back threats in this thread though.

Edited by Methrage

Are you white knighting the guy who suggested that I act out Oedipal fantasies? Because if I found out any GOONS were saying anything on that level then I would have to chew them out and review the situation with the rest of gov. We don't take OOC insults lightly.

[quote name='Methrage' date='14 April 2010 - 11:21 PM' timestamp='1271301651' post='2260847']
Good job showing yourselves to being rats and unable to back threats in this thread though.
[/quote]

If any GOONS pm has seriously offended you in an OOC manner you should report them and send me a copy of it to review for disciplinary action with gov if they aren't made to disappear first. Nobody should have to tolerate OOC insults.

We can attack you at any time. It is you who cannot yet back up threats made in this thread.

Edited by JamezBfod

[quote name='Methrage' date='14 April 2010 - 09:21 PM' timestamp='1271301651' post='2260847']
You guys posted PM's which got him banned, it would be a similar scenario to I find out someone is breaking a rule and I make a thread reporting him. Are you really comparing being shot to some words said in a game when he was angry that you guys were attacking him?

[/quote]

Sir, I was hoping to have a civil discussion with you regarding this matter. Unfortunately, you seem to continue to resort to threats and empty rhetoric. Since you are either willfully misinterpreting the things I say or incapable of understanding the arguments I present I'm afraid I must consider this conversation to be over. Good day to you.

[quote name='JamezBfod' date='14 April 2010 - 11:25 PM' timestamp='1271301927' post='2260854']
Are you white knighting the guy who suggested that I act out Oedipal fantasies? Because if I found out any GOONS were saying anything on that level then I would have to chew them out and review the situation with the rest of gov. We don't take OOC insults lightly.
[/quote]

You guys already got him deleted, although here is the immature name calling that even caused me to get involved here. Once he told me to call his bluff, well I had to show him I knew he was bluffing and it was a dare.

[quote]
<fw> Methrage:
<fw> accepting members of CSA will be considered an act of war
<fw> and will get your stupid $@! stomped.
<Methrage> lol
<fw> Call my bluff, I dare you.
<Methrage> Not up to me if they accept
<fw> The only reason the declaration of war wasn't on a bigger alliance was because FEAR hasn't given me a CB yet
<Methrage> also who needs someone to give them a CB
<Methrage> >.>
<fw> sardonic won't go for it if i dont have one
<fw> whatever you suck fyi
[/quote]

I felt deeply insulted when he called me a stupid $@!, as well as saying I suck. Although whats more interesting is this guy is making threats, acting immature, and makes it clear how un-independent GOONS are in their thinking (FEAR needs to give you a CB to hit anyone beyond a micro alliance?)

[quote name='Methrage' date='14 April 2010 - 09:34 PM' timestamp='1271302426' post='2260863'](FEAR needs to give you a CB to hit anyone beyond a micro alliance?)
[/quote]

In one breath you say we don't respect the rules, in the next you claim we follow the rules too tightly.

Sir, you make a very convincing point.

[quote name='magicmountain' date='14 April 2010 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1271302533' post='2260867']
In one breath you say we don't respect the rules, in the next you claim we follow the rules too tightly.

Sir, you make a very convincing point.
[/quote]
I said you were hypocrites because you don't respect the rules yourselves, but will try getting political enemies banned if you can. I never said you follow the rules to tightly, just that you guys try getting people banned for the same stuff you guys do often.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='14 April 2010 - 11:34 PM' timestamp='1271302426' post='2260863']
You guys already got him deleted, although here is the immature name calling that even caused me to get involved here. Once he told me to call his bluff, well I had to show him I knew he was bluffing and it was a dare.

I felt deeply insulted when he called me a stupid $@!, as well as saying I suck. Although whats more interesting is this guy is making threats, acting immature, and makes it clear how un-independent GOONS are in their thinking (FEAR needs to give you a CB to hit anyone beyond a micro alliance?)
[/quote]

That was irc sir. And fw. He was pretty nice to you, actually. He has this grudge against FEAR, I don't quite understand it myself but I've come to accept it. I also completely agree with everything he said.

I want to clarify something: I left the old GOONS AA the last time they decided to make a major OOC attack. One of the things I promised ODN when I left for GOONS is that I would not allow such a thing to happen again on my watch. So I tell you that fw's response to you was completely in character(his and yours). He just didn't take you seriously and we still have no reason to.

Edited by JamezBfod

[quote name='JamezBfod' date='14 April 2010 - 11:37 PM' timestamp='1271302653' post='2260871']
That was irc sir. And fw. He was pretty nice to you, actually. He has this grudge against FEAR, I don't quite understand it myself but I've come to accept it. I also completely agree with everything he said.
[/quote]
Good to know you encourage name calling of your diplomats.

Speaking about comparing bullets to words, if words have wounded you this deeply it's a good thing we haven't attacked you yet. I'd hate to see how you react to bullets.

[quote name='magicmountain' date='14 April 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1271302783' post='2260875']
Speaking about comparing bullets to words, if words have wounded you this deeply it's a good thing we haven't attacked you yet. I'd hate to see how you react to bullets.
[/quote]
I think attacks might be the only way fix the wounds of the heart from all your harsh words.

[quote name='Methrage' date='14 April 2010 - 11:34 PM' timestamp='1271302426' post='2260863']
I felt deeply insulted when he called me a stupid $@!, as well as saying I suck.
[/quote]

Ahahaha. That's quite the stretch.

Also please keep posting.

Edited by Biazt

[quote name='Biazt' date='14 April 2010 - 11:43 PM' timestamp='1271302964' post='2260880']
Ahahaha. That's quite the stretch.

Also please keep posting.
[/quote]
If apparently any PM conversation with GOONS Gov will be posted here and the thread will be bumped continuously regardless, I see no reason not to post and defend myself against accusations.

Maybe someone will lock the thread as this thread is way off topic, but it keeps getting bumped over discussion regarding me regardless of whether I stop posting or not, so until its locked I'll post as much as I want now that the situation changed.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='14 April 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1271303067' post='2260883']
If apparently any PM conversation with GOONS Gov will be posted here and the thread will be bumped continuously regardless, I see no reason not to post and defend myself against accusations.
[/quote]

Sir, the only thing you've defended yourself from here today is a good reputation.

[quote name='magicmountain' date='14 April 2010 - 11:47 PM' timestamp='1271303219' post='2260885']
Sir, the only thing you've defended yourself from here today is a good reputation.
[/quote]
If GOONS had a reputation, I think you lost here by showing you can't back threats, can't declare on who you want, and I've seen lots of whining in this thread by GOONS over the prospect that their might be consequences for their actions. No one will declare on me from GOONS, yet I'm an enemy of GOONS. Are you guys waiting for me to stock up on nukes and blow your lower tier to dust before we engage in combat or is everyone in range just scared to declare an offensive on me?

Edit: Your surrender terms are unacceptable and have been rejected btw.

Edited by Methrage

It's fairly rare that I post honest, diplomatic dialogue to either the GOONS tears collection or elsewhere, but your pseudo-extortionist messages to me needed to be shown-if only so that others would corroborate that they said what I thought they did and I had no reason to doubt my sanity.

Why do you want to be attacked so badly?

Edited by JamezBfod

[quote name='Methrage' date='14 April 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1271303067' post='2260883']

Maybe someone will lock the thread as this thread is way off topic, but it keeps getting bumped over discussion regarding me regardless of whether I stop posting or not, so until its locked I'll post as much as I want now that the situation changed.
[/quote]

Keep posting.

[quote name='JamezBfod' date='14 April 2010 - 11:55 PM' timestamp='1271303725' post='2260890']
It's fairly rare that I post honest, diplomatic dialogue to either the GOONS tears collection or elsewhere, but your pseudo-extortionist messages to me needed to be shown-if only so that others would corroborate that they said what I thought they did and I had no reason to doubt my sanity.

Why do you want to be attacked so badly?
[/quote]
Your terms are unacceptable, you rejected the peace offer I offered involving no reps. Now that its clear peace isn't an option I'm just amazed how scared everyone in GOONS is declare on someone you are demanding surrender from and that I'm rejecting. You guys would have a better chance fighting me while I have these other 5 wars going with Gremlins and \m/, as they're nuke capable and have stronger nations than those that will be in range of me. If you guys really want me to stock up on nukes first and wait until my wars clear so I can easily declare on your tinier tech raiders with no resistance, that is cool as well.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 April 2010 - 12:05 AM' timestamp='1271304290' post='2260905']
Your terms are unacceptable, you rejected the peace offer I offered involving no reps. Now that its clear peace isn't an option I'm just amazed how scared everyone in GOONS is declare on someone you are demanding surrender from and that I'm rejecting. You guys would have a better chance fighting me while I have these other 5 wars going with Gremlins and \m/, as they're nuke capable and have stronger nations than those that will be in range of me. If you guys really want me to stock up on nukes first and wait until my wars clear so I can easily declare on your tinier tech raiders with no resistance, that is cool as well.
[/quote]

Thanks bro