RE TPC Announcement

shwypn

[CENTER][IMG]http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss315/Folger_Soldier/EagleSPQR-1.jpg[/IMG] [img]http://i44.tinypic.com/2r4n4lc.jpg[/img][/CENTER]

[SIZE=7]Citizens of Steve,[/SIZE]

Today at high noon the Roman Empire and The Phoenix Cobras shall enter into a state of warfare.

This war is not one of aggression or world domination, but a friendly competition between peers and friends. Both parties have agreed to a set of rules which will govern this war and its prosecution.

In the spirit of this war we ask that all other parties refrain from entering into the war on either side and wish to make it known that [I]any attack on either the Roman Empire or The Phoenix Cobras by ANY outside Alliances will be considered an attack on both.[/I] We wish to sharpen our blades against each other, but if provoked will take the opportunity to practice inter-alliance coordination upon the unfortunate soul who tests this point.

That said and done, I look forward to this battle and wish the best of luck to the Cobras, who ferocity is certainly not to be underestimated.

/s/ for the Empire
[I]Tired Tyrant[/I], Emperor
[I]Rand alThor[/I], Dread Regent

/s/ for the Cobras
[I]The Wizard of Oz[/I], King Cobra
[I]Dolemite[/I], Cobra Commander

Edited by shwypn

[quote name='Aaron J' date='27 March 2010 - 12:03 PM' timestamp='1269705783' post='2238335']
This is sure to be interesting.
[/quote]

Thees are the rules (obviously at this point rule #4 doesn't apply anymore).

#1 NO NUKES & no spying nukes. Don't Nuke!

#2 Once a nation is in Anarchy, all attacks cease and peace is to be sent. If you are the one in anarchy: accept peace ASAP. If you put your target in Anarchy send peace and find a new target.

#3 No nation in Anarchy may be attacked.

#4 First attacks may commence no earlier than "high noon" Saturday 12:00 pm (1200 hours) server time.

Edit: Whups quoted the wrong person here. This is in reply to Titus Pullo

Edited by Mikeyrox

[quote name='Mikeyrox' date='27 March 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1269716850' post='2238471']
Thees are the rules (obviously at this point rule #4 doesn't apply anymore).

#1 NO NUKES & no spying nukes. Don't Nuke!

#2 Once a nation is in Anarchy, all attacks cease and peace is to be sent. If you are the one in anarchy: accept peace ASAP. If you put your target in Anarchy send peace and find a new target.

#3 No nation in Anarchy may be attacked.

#4 First attacks may commence no earlier than "high noon" Saturday 12:00 pm (1200 hours) server time.

Edit: Whups quoted the wrong person here. This is in reply to Titus Pullo
[/quote]

Ok... I take back what I said.

What a boring fight, no nukes and you stop once anarchied? Are you guys trying to "play nice" or something?

You can have a staged war, and be friendly... but dang.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='28 March 2010 - 07:46 AM' timestamp='1269726343' post='2238556']
Ok... I take back what I said.

What a boring fight, no nukes and you stop once anarchied? Are you guys trying to "play nice" or something?

You can have a staged war, and be friendly... but dang.
[/quote]

Yes, it's a nice war.
Nothing honourable in kicking barely alive opponent.
May it be the new beginning..

[quote name='kong' date='27 March 2010 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1269727561' post='2238564']
Yes, it's a nice war.
Nothing honourable in kicking barely alive opponent.
May it be the new beginning..
[/quote]

Actually, being in anarchy has nothing to do with being alive or not... I consider fighting from anarchy a sign of your skill.

It means "Hey, I prepared for war and built a warchest, all anarchy is doing is stopping me from declaring on your friends" and the nukes you get hit with signify just how big of a threat you are to your enemy.

TPC withholding nukes is a blessing in disguise for RE who is not going to be prepared for this war.

I have no problem with this gentlemen-like approach, but holding back aspects of fighting and expecting people to peace once anarchied is rather lame, it defeats the purpose of going to war in the first place.

This should be a fun fight. I always enjoy fighting with RE. That's a pretty classy group of guys (and gals) over there.

also, it wouldn't be right to have a TE round where #1 and #2 don't battle each other anyway ;)

o/ RE
o/ TPC!

[quote name='Steve McQueen' date='27 March 2010 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1269724172' post='2238546']
This is fun for all involved!!!

Edited for link that didn't work
[/quote]

Well it was never meant as a real war anyway. It was more of a training exercise, meant to test our skills and level of coordination.

Think of it more as a game of dodge ball, where getting thrown into anarchy is like getting hit by the ball. The war is only going to last until like Wednesday or something I believe anyway, so its not like those thrown into anarchy are going to miss much.

Edit: and again I quote the wrong post :wacko:

Edited by Mikeyrox

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='27 March 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1269727711' post='2238565']
Actually, being in anarchy has nothing to do with being alive or not... I consider fighting from anarchy a sign of your skill.

It means "Hey, I prepared for war and built a warchest, all anarchy is doing is stopping me from declaring on your friends" and the nukes you get hit with signify just how big of a threat you are to your enemy.

TPC withholding nukes is a blessing in disguise for RE who is not going to be prepared for this war.

I have no problem with this gentlemen-like approach, but holding back aspects of fighting and expecting people to peace once anarchied is rather lame, it defeats the purpose of going to war in the first place.
[/quote]
Its a sad day when to find a good fight in te you have to plan a war with a friend. but the rest of you cant muster a fight, so we are forced to fight a war with rules.

[quote name='dogbite' date='28 March 2010 - 03:41 AM' timestamp='1269762062' post='2239043']
Its a sad day when to find a good fight in te you have to plan a war with a friend. but the rest of you cant muster a fight, so we are forced to fight a war with rules.
[/quote]

Fair enough, I just don't think you need to hold back when fighting friends in my opinion. I once tried to organize a war with TPF when I was MHA's leader and we were on good terms, because everyone else was dead. Burning Glory never got back to me.

My point is, it doesn't matter if you're an enemy or friend or neutral, if you fight eachother, you can use all your military might and still be considered buddies at the end because if you're actually good friends then what you do in-game will not change that.

[quote name='dogbite' date='28 March 2010 - 03:41 AM' timestamp='1269762062' post='2239043']
[/quote]

We can't muster a fight? We just had a great 1v1 with OP. So I will ask this one time... What are you talking about?