More peace

Salmia

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='28 February 2010 - 04:36 AM' timestamp='1267331999' post='2207525']
I'm quite glad they requested reps. Someone had to~

I love how you don't blame anyone else as well, kudos.
[/quote]

:huh:

Who else am I supposed to blame for Nemisis and MA taking reps? you feeling allright? I hope you try to defend these reps as well. I'd love to see you try.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Pearl' date='27 February 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1267332300' post='2207535']
Who does that? :P

EDIT: I fail at typing
[/quote]
Well..me. And those who are willing to sacrifice for their alliance. If you hit active targets, then you are preventing others from taking damage.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='27 February 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1267332245' post='2207534']
And for some reason you didn't engage people who you knew would be active.

:rolleyes:
[/quote]
This is truly a response? That I engaged people I knew would not be active? Like I would even attempt to keep tabs on that. I was told to attack a nation, I attacked them. No questions asked. Look at my nation. I've declared wars every round, and some of them could fight back. Don't accuse me of cowardice.

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='27 February 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1267332160' post='2207531']
Good fight TOOL. And Gamemaster, it's too bad that after 3 weeks of war, my nation was still too high in strength to hit any of the TOOL nations that needed hitting. If you guys didn't drop like flies, maybe you could have seen my warchest ;-)
[/quote]
I'm sure it would have been impressive, Sethly. There are good nuts in every alliance. And I'll admit, I dropped fast. But it wasn't Sparta. It was LoSS. Also, what would you define as needing hitting? Nations that had all 3 slots covered?

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='27 February 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1267332160' post='2207531']
Good fight TOOL. And Gamemaster, it's too bad that after 3 weeks of war, my nation was still too high in strength to hit any of the TOOL nations that needed hitting. If you guys didn't drop like flies, maybe you could have seen my warchest ;-)
[/quote]

You know your in Sparta right? You know that big inactive alliance that once again has shown that the only thing it is worse at then war is diplomacy? Looks to me like TOOL beat you all down and you got saved by others. And now your talking smack? Sorry nobody is buying it.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='27 February 2010 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1267332366' post='2207537']
:huh:

Who else am I supposed to blame for Nemisis and MA taking reps? you feeling allright? I hope you try to defend these reps as well. I'd love to see you try.
[/quote]
Ok. They took damage, requested reparations. Done. I don't really think reparations are bad, in any way shape or form unless they exceed a certain amount (probably 40% of an alliance's tech in this case). You lost a war, thats what happens to get peace. If Nemesis and MA were requesting they destroy wonders, or limiting them in other ways, then I would be upset.

[quote name='Velocity111' date='28 February 2010 - 06:29 AM' timestamp='1267331561' post='2207497']
Reps are cool and all, but what exactly did TOOL do to warrant 1.775 billion worth of reps? >_>
[/quote]

They stood up for their friends and allies in IRON so they should be punished!

[quote name='Gamemaster1' date='27 February 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1267332509' post='2207542']
This is truly a response? That I engaged people I knew would not be active? Like I would even attempt to keep tabs on that. I was told to attack a nation, I attacked them. No questions asked. Look at my nation. I've declared wars every round, and some of them could fight back. Don't accuse me of cowardice.

[/quote]
...seriously? You wouldn't? Engaging active people is one of the most important parts of a war. If you hit the active people, then they can't hit your alliance later. Inactive people can't hurt you for !@#$.

What an odd balance to the reps.......congrats on peace but....meh not worth it. I don't think the alliance that is getting 22.5 k tech deserves it...but w/e.

Some might want to keep in mind that some hold the opinion that TOOL got off too easy in the Karma war so there might be a little payback there.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='28 February 2010 - 04:46 AM' timestamp='1267332588' post='2207545']
Ok. They took damage, requested reparations. Done. I don't really think reparations are bad, in any way shape or form unless [b]the other side is requesting it[/b]. You lost a war, thats what happens to get peace. If Nemesis and MA were requesting they destroy wonders, or limiting them in other ways, then I would be upset.
[/quote]

Fixed that for you.

I love how the acceptability of reps changes every day, first alliances using Oa clauses need to pay reps, now alliances that do damage need to pay reps. I wonder whats next :rolleyes:

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='27 February 2010 - 10:42 PM' timestamp='1267332385' post='2207539']
Well..me. And those who are willing to sacrifice for their alliance. If you hit active targets, then you are preventing others from taking damage.
[/quote]

Idk man, I'd rather attack some nub that I know isnt going to attack back, so I can brag about in front of everybody because I am cool like that. :P

I fought a TOOL guy that wasnt too bad btw.

[quote name='Weirdgus' date='27 February 2010 - 11:47 PM' timestamp='1267332681' post='2207550']
They stood up for their friends and allies in IRON so they should be punished!
[/quote]
Who had declared an offensive war on an alliances supposedly in support of a conflict that said alliances were not in.

Brilliant friends and allies. The beatdown they took + the reparations should convince them to choose their allies more carefully (Hint: Competence is good). If not, well, they probably deserve what they got.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='28 February 2010 - 04:51 AM' timestamp='1267332872' post='2207558']
Who had declared an offensive war on an alliances supposedly in support of a conflict that said alliances were not in.

Brilliant friends and allies. The beatdown they took + the reparations should convince them to choose their allies more carefully (Hint: Competence is good). If not, well, they probably deserve what they got.
[/quote]

Translation: honouring treaties is only cool when we do it!!, If the other side does it they suck at choosing friends and deserve paying reps. Thanks for sharing your opinion with us.

Its only 300 mill. Come on we are a small nearly dead alliance who barely fought in this war.
Oh right.. there is 30 of us and we fought well over 100 wars. Hell I hit 9 guys and we had members who were in 15 wars.
This was off the back of the war with ARES, off the back of the 57th war, off the back of the No DoW war.
And we are not nearly dead! hmph! :(

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='27 February 2010 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1267332726' post='2207551']
...seriously? You wouldn't? Engaging active people is one of the most important parts of a war. If you hit the active people, then they can't hit your alliance later. Inactive people can't hurt you for !@#$.
[/quote]
I have hit who my alliance told me to hit, and also hit nations attacking TOOL. I would consider those actives, I suppose. Are they active enough for your standards?

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='27 February 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1267332872' post='2207558']

[/quote]

Before you go off on how the reps were light....remember our past Bob. TOOL wasn't part of the original 5. No alliance should be crippled with reps.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='27 February 2010 - 11:49 PM' timestamp='1267332792' post='2207555']
Fixed that for you.

I love how the acceptability of reps changes every day, first alliances using Oa clauses need to pay reps, now alliances that do damage need to pay reps. I wonder whats next :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Actually, I've never complained unless it was far more then an alliance could produce. Please try to understand that some of us aren't obvious hypocrites.

[quote name='daggarz' date='28 February 2010 - 04:52 AM' timestamp='1267332972' post='2207561']
Its only 300 mill. Come on we are a small nearly dead alliance who barely fought in this war.
Oh right.. there is 30 of us and we fought well over 100 wars. Hell I hit 9 guys and we had members who were in 15 wars.
This was off the back of the war with ARES, off the back of the 57th war, off the back of the No DoW war.
And we are not nearly dead! hmph! :(
[/quote]

Hey maybe you'll avoid hitting alliances next time

:wub: infra and tech

Edited by silentkiller

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' date='27 February 2010 - 09:26 PM' timestamp='1267331405' post='2207488']
Thank you to RIA, LoSS, VE and LOUD for not pursuing monetary reparations.
[/quote]

Its been said before, but IRON we would gladly do it again. There's much love for you in our members, if you haven't heard about the vote to stand and defend you, you should ask.

The reparations are pretty much as I expected them. Those with honor showed it.

asaywer, Arkarian, Sam Winters and others you made it very fun. To bad that last nuke couldn't get thrown. Maybe we can get a variance.

o/ TOOL
o/ IRON
o/ Peace

OH I almost forgot D-Dolla............... ITs MaH COOOKIE. heh, but I'll share.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='27 February 2010 - 11:52 PM' timestamp='1267332970' post='2207560']
Translation: honouring treaties is only cool when we do it!!, If the other side does it they suck at choosing friends and deserve paying reps. Thanks for sharing your opinion with us.
[/quote]
Translation: you are trying to be cool!

[quote name='Gamemaster1' date='27 February 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1267332999' post='2207562']
I have hit who my alliance told me to hit, and also hit nations attacking TOOL. I would consider those actives, I suppose. Are they active enough for your standards?
[/quote]
I put way too much effort into choosing my targets.

[quote name='AirMe' date='27 February 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1267333000' post='2207563']
Before you go off on how the reps were light....remember our past Bob. TOOL wasn't part of the original 5. No alliance should be crippled with reps.
[/quote]
I agree. There is a limit to it being acceptable. This is /nowhere/ nearby that.

White peace is a terrible thing, but that's for another discussion~

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='28 February 2010 - 04:55 AM' timestamp='1267333157' post='2207568']
[b]Translation: you are trying to be cool![/b]

I put way too much effort into choosing my targets.

I agree. There is a limit to it being acceptable. This is /nowhere/ nearby that.
[/quote]

Thanks for the brilliant rebuttal, we are all more intelligent for it.

[quote]Actually, I've never complained unless it was far more then an alliance could produce. Please try to understand that some of us aren't obvious hypocrites. [/quote]

Who decides what an alliance is capable of paying? Mk paid their 82k tech relatively easily, so they were justified? Good to know.

Edited by silentkiller

I'm glad TOOL was able to achieve peace though it is unfortunate some of their opponent's could not be classy at the negotiation table. Then again, some of them were so I guess we just walk away from this with clearer views on some alliances.