Official Announcement from La Cosa Nostra

[quote name='Zikawe' date='26 February 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1267246429' post='2205859']
You should merge with OTS. :awesome:
[/quote]
Legio XXX(Exxxtra Dirty) coming straight out of the black team

[quote name='Mathias' date='27 February 2010 - 12:25 AM' timestamp='1267248525' post='2205915']
Mafia is an overdone theme, and Cosa Nostra was already an alliance. Good luck with this though.
[/quote]
But, CN was nothing without OTS :smug:

Will Reagan be joining you guys? Also you guys have a good future ahead of you.

[quote name='Iosif Moldov' date='27 February 2010 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1267300273' post='2206818']
It's almost like I've seen a Mafia-related DoE or two before but it could be just me though. Oh well.

:U
[/quote]

Your point? Oh, you were trying to be funny? Ohhhhh :lol1: That was a great one!

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='27 February 2010 - 02:31 PM' timestamp='1267302895' post='2206870']
hasn't this exact alliance been done before?
[/quote]

We get it. Cosa Nostra was a name used before,they merged with OTS for form Legio X, who then merged with another set of alliance to form DE, who then merged into Athens.

This is a new LCN, we have nothin to do with the past CN, and do not plan to follow the route they took.

Edited by Blind Murder v2

[quote name='Believland' date='27 February 2010 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1267302955' post='2206871']
Legio XXX(Exxxtra Dirty) coming straight out of the black team

But, CN was nothing without OTS :smug:

Will Reagan be joining you guys? Also you guys have a good future ahead of you.
[/quote]

No, I'm merely a cheerleader. I'm home in GUN where I belong.

[quote name='Blind Murder v2' date='27 February 2010 - 04:23 PM' timestamp='1267306048' post='2206922']
This is a new LCN, we have nothin to do with the past CN, and do not plan to follow the route they took.
[/quote]
Oh man :( We haven't even met yet. I promise I don't bite :(

In all seriousness though, if you're looking for CN 2.0 look at MI or PC. LCN is completely different.

LCN, I'm sure you'll do great. You already have an awesome ally

[quote name='Blind Murder v2' date='27 February 2010 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1267306048' post='2206922']
Your point? Oh, you were trying to be funny? Ohhhhh :lol1: That was a great one!

We get it. Cosa Nostra was a name used before,they merged with OTS for form Legio X, who then merged with another set of alliance to form DE, who then merged into Athens.

[/quote]

All I asked was if this alliance had been done before. I didn't ask, nor did I !@#$@#$ care for, a history lesson. Simple "yes, but we're not the same" would have sufficed.

I had also confirmed that this new group was not affiliated with the previous one when we first started talking. Not that I'm familiar with the previous group at all, it was just out of curiosity. And curiosity is understandable, so the questions are not out of line. ;)

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='27 February 2010 - 10:19 PM' timestamp='1267330950' post='2207471']
All I asked was if this alliance had been done before. I didn't ask, nor did I !@#$@#$ care for, a history lesson. Simple "yes, but we're not the same" would have sufficed.
[/quote]

I apologize if I came off a little cranky earlier.

[quote name='Blind Murder v2' date='27 February 2010 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1267306048' post='2206922']
[/quote]

I'm merely pointing out your theme is [i]horribly[/i] overused in CN which is mainly going to result in people going "oh another one of these" and you won't stand out.

[quote name='Iosif Moldov' date='28 February 2010 - 01:26 PM' timestamp='1267381823' post='2208568']
I'm merely pointing out your theme is [i]horribly[/i] overused in CN which is mainly going to result in people going "oh another one of these" and you won't stand out.
[/quote]

How many other mafia alliances are currently in existence? One, two?

[quote name='Reagan' date='28 February 2010 - 07:46 PM' timestamp='1267382983' post='2208599']
How many other mafia alliances are currently in existence? One, two?
[/quote]

I'm not sure how many are currently in existence, but we've seen plenty. The Family, Cosa Nostra (the other one) and The Mafia come immediately to mind due to them all being somewhat visible, there's been couple of more as well but I really can't recall their names. Anyways, this is more than enough to make a theme seem rather worn-out because the only actual function of a theme is to make the alliance seem a tad more unique and stand out from all the dozens of other new alliances. Just my personal opinion though.

Edited by Iosif Moldov

[quote name='Believland' date='28 February 2010 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1267390198' post='2208765']
Don't take crap about a theme if you're has been used before. Hasn't there also been a bunch of nationality based alliances? See what I did thar? LCN are some cool folks. And at least they have a theme. There are plenty of alliances who don't
[/quote]

Yeah, I see, but it doesn't really work. Language community is quite not the same thing as a random whatever theme alliance but that's hardly the point. The point is that my former alliance was founded three years ago and has a solid membership basis and La Cosa Nostra is just founded. They have a more dire need to appealing to rest of folks in CN and if that was my goal, I'd definitely aim for something that screams "this alliance woop" than "one of these alliances woop", at least my thoughts upon seeing this announcement were among the lines of "Another one?"

Not my alliance though etc.

Edited by Iosif Moldov

[quote name='Believland' date='28 February 2010 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1267390198' post='2208765']
Don't take crap about a theme if you're has been used before. Hasn't there also been a bunch of nationality based alliances? See what I did thar? LCN are some cool folks. And at least they have a theme. There are plenty of alliances who don't
[/quote]

Thanks Beazy.

[quote name='Iosif Moldov' date='28 February 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1267396223' post='2208888']
Yeah, I see, but it doesn't really work. Language community is quite not the same thing as a random whatever theme alliance but that's hardly the point. The point is that my former alliance was founded three years ago and has a solid membership basis and La Cosa Nostra is just founded. They have a more dire need to appealing to rest of folks in CN and if that was my goal, I'd definitely aim for something that screams "this alliance woop" than "one of these alliances woop", at least my thoughts upon seeing this announcement were among the lines of "Another one?"

Not my alliance though etc.
[/quote]

You're correct it is ours. So it is our problem to worry about appealing to the recruits. Thanks for your interest, but we'll be just fine.

[quote name='Blind Murder v2' date='27 February 2010 - 04:23 PM' timestamp='1267306048' post='2206922']
Cosa Nostra was a name used before,they merged with OTS for form Legio X, who then merged with another set of alliance to form DE, who then merged into Athens.

[/quote]

So you will be merging into Athens directly? :smug: