Name this War

Locke

469 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: was aiming for relation to that ;)

Though... Vikings Fan.

IC: "Iced Out Bling" War

I've already decreed to my nation that the people of Bourbon shall spend the next two weeks painting their bodies black and gold and they must spend four hours a day streaking.

/I didn't want to be the only one.

Sorry Vilien but your micro alliance fighting some random rogue doesn't really count as a war in my book. And it certainly isn't a war that deserves its own name.

IMO if a war is comprised of less than 10% of the planet's total strength, it isn't significant enough to deserve a name, and should simply be referred to by the names of the combatants (TMF-Attica War).

Edited by Lord Brendan

Sorry Vilien but your micro alliance fighting some random rogue doesn't really count as a war in my book. And it certainly isn't a war that deserves its own name.

IMO if a war is comprised of less than 10% of the planet's total strength, it isn't significant enough to deserve a name, and should simply be referred to by the names of the combatants (TMF-Attica War).

Thanks for your opinion, arbiter of all things wiki.

Edited by Vilien

I wasn't speaking about the wiki, I meant in general. Nobody would know what you meant if you ever referred to "the Moral War".

Just like no one would have any idea what the Eight Minute War is. There are an infinite number of potential war names, your not being able to falsely label this as a war about morality isn't going to harm any innocent wiki browsers.

That's actually my job, but you already know that my opinion on the matter is virtually the same as Lord Brendan's :)

The last time I checked a wiki is not analogous to an autocracy.

Edited by Vilien

The last time I checked a wiki is not analogous to an autocracy.

Arbiter: Noun

A person appointed, or chosen, by parties to determine a controversy between them; an arbitrator.

Funny, that sounds exactly like a wiki administrator's job description.

Arbiter: Noun

A person appointed, or chosen, by parties to determine a controversy between them; an arbitrator.

Funny, that sounds exactly like a wiki administrator's job description.

Communal consensus determines the wiki's standards.

Communal consensus determines the wiki's standards.

Indeed. When a policy is needed, there are votes. Interpretation of those standards is up to the administrators.

Also, currently both Brendan and I agree on the matter. That's more consensus right there than just you.

That said, I still like Winter War more than Moral War anyway.

Edited by Michael von Prussia

Indeed. When a policy is needed, there are votes. Interpretation of those standards is up to the administrators.

Also, currently both Brendan and I agree on the matter. That's more consensus right there than just you.

That said, I still like Winter War more than Moral War anyway.

Glad that you agree on leaving my war page alone. That's all I needed.

I'm no expert on the wiki, but it looks as if you created and named that page yourself. The fact that nobody cared enough to contradict you doesn't make it a consensus.

You've shown yourself not to be an expert on the wiki by not understanding how to look at the History page. Feel free to try again when you demonstrate sufficient understanding of the topic at hand.

Along a similar vein of "The Second Unjust War": The Unjustified War.

Edit: I am not only referring to the initial CB, but there have been some contended declarations on both sides. Not attempting to be bias.

Edited by ktarthan

You've shown yourself not to be an expert on the wiki by not understanding how to look at the History page. Feel free to try again when you demonstrate sufficient understanding of the topic at hand.

Actually that's exactly what I did.

23:29, November 14, 2009 Vilien (Talk | contribs) (1,896 bytes) (Page Creation)