Manhattan Project

Ephriam Grey

http://www.cybernations.net/about_topics.asp#Wonders

In reference to this - will players who currently have nukes have them destroyed?

Of course not, even when a players falls out of the top 5% he still keeps his nukes.

The Manhatten Project enables younger nations to develop nukes, not have the ability to own them.

Of course not, even when a players falls out of the top 5% he still keeps his nukes.

The Manhatten Project enables younger nations to develop nukes, not have the ability to own them.

Actually, yes, you would gain the ability to own them.

Oh yea, I worded it wrong. But you get what I'm saying, :P

and hello back to chicken

EDIT:

Another MH Project question, (don't want to open another topic)

Manhattan Project - $100,000,000 - The Manhattan Project allows nations below 5% of the top nations in the game to develop nuclear weapons. The Manhattan Project cannot be destroyed once it is created. The wonder requires 3,000 infrastructure, 300 technology, and a uranium resource.

Do these requirements also have to be met after they are bought for the wonder to be active?

I'm thinking no, but just making sure.

Edited by thedestro

It also means that players in the top 5% can buy it so that if a war forces them to lose NS then they still can fight with nukes as the war progresses, giving them a big advantage over ppl who do not have the wonder in the top 5%

To be honest I don't see many nations if any that are not in the top 5% being able to just plop $100 m on the counter so they can start buying nukes. Indeed the $100 m would be better spent on things that will assure of getting into the top 5% instead.

Catch meet 22. <_<

Overall the new Wonders are like a Neiman Marcus catalog...cool stuff for rich people. Maybe some day I'll be one of them.

EDIT: As for the requirements also having to be met after the wonder is bought to buy more nukes, so long as you have Uranium as a resource and meet the other basic MP requirements you should be ok.

Edited by ChairmanHal

To be honest I don't see many nations if any that are not in the top 5% being able to just plop $100 m on the counter so they can start buying nukes. Indeed the $100 m would be better spent on things that will assure of getting into the top 5% instead.

Catch meet 22. <_<

Overall the new Wonders are like a Neiman Marcus catalog...cool stuff for rich people. Maybe some day I'll be one of them.

EDIT: As for the requirements also having to be met after the wonder is bought to buy more nukes, so long as you have Uranium as a resource and meet the other basic MP requirements you should be ok.

I hope that 3000 infra/300 tech will always be required for the MP to be active... it's scary to think that some rich nation could live eternally able to launch nukes sitting at ZI. :mellow: