How Not To Get Raided / Rolled

lamuella

Edit: fight back and make the raid unprofitable against the nation, then peace. Don't turn it into a war. You'll be clobbered as your enemy rebuilds.

Horrible recommendation. Fighting back will ensure that you DON'T get peace in most cases.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you have no idea what it says, but you know it will be helpful. How would you know it would be useful if you haven't read it? It could be a recipe for pie with a different title.

I skimmed through quickly and saw a few comments which said it was actually useful. To much reading for me to go through at the moment, although I'll admit my comments in this thread was pointless, which I think could accurately describe over 99% of the comments made on this forum in general.

Keep a standing airforce and 15 CMs. If you're 7,500 NS or below nobody will want to hit you if you're prepared.

Stay in defcon 1 and collect in defcon 5. Keep 40-50% soldiers rather than what nations in alliances do (25%).

Above 7,500 NS, nobody's worried about taking damage raiding; in fact, they want it that way.

Put yourself on a fake AA. It'll reduce the chances you'll be raided by 80%.

Once a tech raid is concluded, delete that war from your war screen. People do troll the 'wars across the globe' screen in search of a potential victim. Same with aid.

Try tech dealing with FOK; they'll protect you.

Edit: fight back and make the raid unprofitable against the nation, then peace. Don't turn it into a war. You'll be clobbered as your enemy rebuilds.

Edit: this advice is for 'nones'.

Good advice. Remain ready at all times, though I'd recommend keeping military even higher than 40-50%. One needs to remember to decom troops (down to 20%) before collecting if you're at the higher end of the NS mentioned (7500).

Please for the love of Admin and all things holy, do NOT keep cruise missiles on-hand. That just screams "RAID ME I'VE GOT NO IDEA WUT TO DO LAWL" to any raider with sense.

Cruise Missiles Cost Per Unit To Purchase: $17,657.68

Cruise Missiles Cost Per Unit to Maintain: $200.00

Sure it's chicken feed, but take into account that air attacks destroy cruise missiles. You'll wind up having some of your stock wasted before you even get to use them. Simply use the purchase screen to buy the cruise missiles as you need them. Buy two, fire two, rinse and repeat.

A full air force, just enough military to give you that "RAR I'm buff" look, without getting that "your people are terrified out of their nickers by your troops" message, plus sitting in Defcon 1 and Threat Level 1 should be more than enough to dissuade the raiders who are really just looking for an easy score.

I think a section of raiders you missed are those who don't want/care about the war or tech. They only want a reaction, and entertainment from said reaction. These are the ones who will still hit you with everything they can, but will try to go the extra mile in order to get you to say things/go to the owf. Being one of these people myself the war isn't going to be an easy one to deal with as giving into the bait generally gets the war to go on as well as potentially getting more people into it if the attacker has friends like themselves. Not doing anything at all is also a bit of a pain as the war will still go on, but have a greater chance to end then playing into the attackers hands. Best advice I can give is to make the raid as bland as possible, don't take their bait, and hope boredom causes them to accept peace.

I've always found that the best course of action was to do whatever was most likely to end in your own destruction. Still, this also seems like a reasonable plan.

this is why you're an an accepted anomaly. Keep up the good work, good sir.

I think a section of raiders you missed are those who don't want/care about the war or tech. They only want a reaction, and entertainment from said reaction. These are the ones who will still hit you with everything they can, but will try to go the extra mile in order to get you to say things/go to the owf. Being one of these people myself the war isn't going to be an easy one to deal with as giving into the bait generally gets the war to go on as well as potentially getting more people into it if the attacker has friends like themselves. Not doing anything at all is also a bit of a pain as the war will still go on, but have a greater chance to end then playing into the attackers hands. Best advice I can give is to make the raid as bland as possible, don't take their bait, and hope boredom causes them to accept peace.

I disagree; the first 3 people may suffer, but eventually someone will take notice and smack down whatever alliance is doing it.

I disagree; the first 3 people may suffer, but eventually someone will take notice and smack down whatever alliance is doing it.

Wasn't talking so much about alliances as a specific type of raider in general so I'm a bit unsure of what you're going for here. Any chance you could clarify?

Wasn't talking so much about alliances as a specific type of raider in general so I'm a bit unsure of what you're going for here. Any chance you could clarify?

I think he got this thread confused with the very similar one discussing how to go about the cessation of tech raiding altogether, not offering advice to new nations/alliances on their options in prevention and resolution of tech raids.

Edited by ktarthan

I think he got this thread confused with the very similar one discussing how to go about the cessation of tech raiding altogether, not offering advice to new nations/alliances on their options in prevention and resolution of tech raids.

Doh!

Yes, you are right... :blush:-_-

Although this topic is called How Not to Get Raided, I didn't see much about how not to get raided. Most of the content deals with what to do when you already have been raided. For example, in the topic of How Not to Get Raided it states:

You've been, or you're being, tech raided.

Maybe it should be called How Not to Get Raided Again, or How to Respond to a Raider. I think it's quite a good guide in the case of how to respond to a raider and how to recover following being raided. The biggest problem is that the newbies being raided don't use the forums until they have been raided.

In many cases it takes a few days for the diplomatic side of things to be done and by that time most of that damage has been done. That's if you're lucky enough they even want to do diplomacy. The big question is what do you do if they keep on attacking, regardless of your diplomatic attempts to seek peace? A lot of alliances will not accept nations at war, and even if they ask the raider's alliance to stop, what is stopping the raider? The raided nation is not at that time in an alliance and is generally considered 'fair game'.

Edited by Ch33kY

I think it might be worth it to mention that they attempt to look up the alliance's tech raiding policy. There's a thread somewhere around here that links to alliances' forums, and I know that a number of alliances have tech raiding encoded in their charters, if they don't have the tech raiding policy publicly stated somewhere. That information might help you decide to fight back; I know that IRON has a policy of not helping out a member who has bitten off more than they can chew - for the duration of the war, the member is on their own. In a case like that, chances are that you'll risk less fighting back. On the other hand, I'd imagine there are alliances that would help out a member being chewed apart by a tech raid target.