Request to the CNRP-community

Lynneth

Option clarifications at the end of the post  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Option clarifications at the end of the post

Please read this carefully, or don't vote at all.

Okay, so I'm planning to build prototype walkers, 2-legged machines.

Hexapod robots (6-legged) and 4-legged walkers have been built more than once, working quite well.

4-legged walkers are even planned to be used in the US military. LSSS

The japanese have gone completely insane, building a human-sized android that can walk like a human. Pic01, Pic02

There's also the Land Walker. IRL, it can't walk, but that's easily changed, by implementing joints as used in the japanese Asimo, up-scaled.

There's also this table tennis playing robot.

More info about the Land Walker; Have the T-52 exoskeleton, also wiki.

There's also a goddamned tree-felling robot.

Now, as said, I want to build 2-legged robots, about 3.5 to 4 meters tall, capable of walking like a human, using weapons with their arms. It would have a 30mm autocannon as armament and be piloted by 1 man, like the Land Walker. Each would be goddamned expensive.

Click 1

Click 2

"The result, when you throw in flexible aluminum alloys, seven engines, thirty helicopter motors and a computer fast-thinking enough to keep it upright, is $750m a piece. That would get you half a dozen Eurofighters, a trio of Raptors, or about 125,000,000 copies of Peggle."

Excepting the computer, this would be about as much as one of these prototypes costs. Most of you know that I'm one of the people trying to keep to a budget based on the GDP-calculations. The walker would at MOST be as powerful as a tank (most likely less, due to various problems) and mostly be used for propaganda and morale.

I would thus ask the community to approve of me building ten such prototypes. Please vote for the corresponding option in the poll, and post what you voted for.

Option 1 - No, walkers are mechs and that only leads to "lolGundam".

Option 2 - No, unless something major/minor is changed (Please post what would need to be changed)

Option 3 - Yes, but only for Character RPs, and not in wars.

Option 4 - Yes. Also usable in wars provided all participants agree to their use.

No option 5 that would allow unrestricted walkers.

I don't intend for this to be a discussion thread, just something so I know if the community would let me build walkers or not. If you intend to discuss, though, feel free to do so. I won't stop you.

Edited by Lynneth

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted three, my logic on this being the following: allowing them in wars and means we now need to make the distinction between how many tanks (I'm assuming they'd count as tanks) are actually tracked vehicles and how many are walkers. If all the participants do not agree, it is entirely possible that Nation A, who invested heavily in walker systems, now has an unusable 50% of their tank force. I feel this would be unfair to the nations who invest in them, but I'm not opposed to everyone who wants their walkers to have them in character RPs that don't affect others.

Just keep it sane.

I voted three, my logic on this being the following: allowing them in wars and means we now need to make the distinction between how many tanks (I'm assuming they'd count as tanks) are actually tracked vehicles and how many are walkers. If all the participants do not agree, it is entirely possible that Nation A, who invested heavily in walker systems, now has an unusable 50% of their tank force. I feel this would be unfair to the nations who invest in them, but I'm not opposed to everyone who wants their walkers to have them in character RPs that don't affect others.

Just keep it sane.

Possible solutions could be:

A) If not all agree, the walkers simply are 'turned' into tanks (magically), or

B ) It's not allowed to build more than, say, 1% of your tank count as walkers. For me, that would be 155, and each costing a very low 500 million, this would result in this walker "army" costing 77.5 billion.

Edit: And of course, as ITDA said, realism and sanity would need to be applied.

Edited by Lynneth

Uhhh, walkers already exist in CNRP. I've been using them since before the current CNRP "generation" (aka. Scramble Threads) existed. Edit: And to be precise, I was the first (or one of) to use AT-ST style walkers. Edit 2: Lynneth, that's no walker, that's a bloody Gundam/mech. Although I voted 4, when taking into account what Lyn actually wants and not what a walker actually is, I'm going for 3.

Edited by Lavo_2

Option four.

I'd say as long as the mechs/walkers/lolGundams don't use beam weapons or !@#$ like that and both parties accept it, there should be no problem. I would rather like to have a few mechs for like an "Honor Guard" or deep desert combat (like 15 overall) but even then I wouldn't use them unless the other party accepted it.

Edited by Sargun

I voted Option 4, if it makes sense that he can develop them, he should be able to use them in wars. Even then, he could restrict them to police use or just a "for fun" thing his people have.

You seemed to miss reading the part that said the entire CNRP community would have them, not just lynneth. Would that change your vote knowing that everyone gets them? :v:

I think and important fact to note is that Lynneth's request is for something that is more a mech than a walker. Walkers have and do exist in CNRP (see myself and Martens for examples). Mechs on the other hand, even if short, have been shot down/retconned out of CNRP (see Mercy's Knightmares for example). As such, I do not believe that walkers are a problem, but mechs/Gundams/Knightmares are.

Edited by Lavo_2

To clear up, I'll show pictures of what I'd want to have prototypes of eventually, though most likely not mass-production models.

And its description would probably be somewhat different from the actual pictures here.

th_AMP01.jpg - th_AMP02.jpg - th_AMP03.jpg - th_AMP04.jpg

th_AMP05.png - th_AMP06.jpg - th_AMP07.jpg - th_AMP08.jpg

For me, it's a walker, because it walks on 2 legs and has nowhere the capabilities of animu-mech or lolgundam.

Edit: Also, lolAvatar-movie, because that's where I stole this from

Edited by Lynneth