Music For the Royal Fireworks

Sarah Tintagyl

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uberstein walks in, and looks for a place to put his gift down, "Amazing, not even a suspicious glance? I need to have a talk with them about security." He starts to wander around the party, he was never good at smalltalk.

"Hello there," Anthony said, striding over from where he'd been talking with his daughter and offering his hand. "Imagine seeing you here." For once the man was in good spirits. He wondered, privately, how long it would take people to begin noticing the similarity in appearance between the two, and thought the reactions should be amusing.

Zemunda stepped in through the extravagant doorway with Callin clutched around his burly arms. He glanced at the chandelier overlooking the entire ballroom. The glistening marble radiated in his eyes as amazement caught his tongue. Callin's gaze was focused elsewhere. Seemingly frantic, her eyes bounced back and forth looking for a certain something. There were so many people in the room though, and discouragement began to ring across her nose until a pathway cleared.

Eyes widened, she screamed in internal joy. There it is! her eager mind shouted as she looked into her romance's eyes. Childishly she flew her hand up and pointed at the object and Zemunda immediately sighed.

"The bar. You want to go to the bar already?" Zemunda chuckled as he could feel his throat lusting for something heavy and hard. His shoulders arched inward as he shrugged and tugged on Callin's back. "I guess I can try a Jack Daniels. Simond is always on the rage about it."

A smile ripped across the Grand Patriarch's face as she practically dragged the Lord Prefect over toward the bar.

Edited by SpacingOutMan

Ava was nothing more of shy in the room of adults, but she knew how to handle herself. Actually, her elegant stature was able to give the appearance of her almost gliding across the ballroom in her dress. She appeared in front of Sarah and promptly bowed.

"Sarah, I have longed to see you for awhile now. I have so many questions, but I feel this is not the time nor the place. Might you schedule a visit to my country some time or another?"

As Ava drifted away, Melissa's gaze was turned to Lucas. Before he had gone too far, she managed to intercept him. "Hello, I don't think I've met you before," she said, holding out a hand. "I'm Melissa Harlem."

"Why hello, I am Lucas Perry." He took her hand and kissed it. "A pleasure to meet you. Now, which country should I be thanking for gifting me with your presence?"

"Why hello, I am Lucas Perry." He took her hand and kissed it. "A pleasure to meet you. Now, which country should I be thanking for gifting me with your presence?"

Melissa smiled. "A real gentleman, you are," she stated. "I'm a native Australian, born and raised in Melbourne."

Privately she hoped he wouldn't make the connection in her name to Anthony Harlem, the Grand Duke, but if he'd heard of the man, there really was no stopping him from wondering.

As the odd couple slowly made their way into the ballroom, without fanfare, Nyani was slightly perturbed at Kat's demeanor- moreso than usual.

"Katrina, why are you walking like that?" Her tone was questioning and gave an air of warning. She was playing the part of mother today, it seemed.

Nyani, being the Foreign Diplomat that she was, had a somewhat shady past as an Assassin, similar to what Kat was today. Her training picked up a subtle difference in the way Kat strode about. Such attention to detail and nuances such as these were standard training given to all NoN Assassin's, be they part of a Fate team, or solitary hunters like Nyani was.

Turning to face Nyani, Kat said, "Well, I AM wearing a pair of six inch stilettos you know." Her slightly nasally voice contained a hint of mischief. Was it real, or feigned as part of her obnoxious school girl routine? Nyani couldn't say- Kat was an expert at her art.

"But those heels are nowhere near 6 in- oh my god... Katrina!" Nyani started, before realizing to her horror...

"Of course not!" Kat leaned in a looked both ways before continuing. "I've got Hannah and Kim strapped to both my thighs!" she exclaimed in a whisper that was more akin to a hysterical laugh.

Nyani was mortified. 'Hannah' and 'Kim' were both 6 inch, diamond-tipped, carbon-treated, stainless-steel stabbing weapons of horrific efficiency. Katrina had killed a fair share of her clients with these intimate tools of death.

"But I told you, we are NOT to harm ANYONE!"

The scene was comical from onlookers' vantage points. Here we had two beautiful women arguing in animated, but silent whispers that made them look like a mother berating her daughter over a 'choice' boyfriend, in the middle of her prom.

"Look, don't worry mom," Kat replied with a tone of sarcasm, "I've already scoped this place. Security is light, and there's already a few guests strutting about with friggin' swords strapped to their waists! I'm pretty sure all the heat will be on them, mine are under my dress! No one will notice a thing, don't worry. I'm a professional."

With a wink at her least statement, Kat left and promptly walked over to a group of people that she deemed interesting enough to talk to. (OOC: Anyone can pick this up, I don't care who it is)

Nyani watched Kat leave and crossed her arms. *Hmph, maybe I am taking this all a bit too seriously. Ugh, I've always hated all this Bourgeoisie-crap, but if the Executive Ministry deems my attendance here to be something it wants...*

Looking over and noticing the open bar, Nyani sighed. *Maybe I DO take my job too seriously... I need a drink. Jack will do just fine.*

As she strode over to the bar, she couldn't help but fight the creeping thought that maybe she was being the wall flower.

Edited by Executive Minister

Melissa smiled. "A real gentleman, you are," she stated. "I'm a native Australian, born and raised in Melbourne."

Privately she hoped he wouldn't make the connection in her name to Anthony Harlem, the Grand Duke, but if he'd heard of the man, there really was no stopping him from wondering.

"A lovely country you have here. It suits such a lovely woman such as yourself. What brings you to this ball?"

OOC: Mr. Subtle, I know, but Lucas isnt 'uptodate' on topics as he has been gone for over a year.

Cor's usual modus operandi for international events is to find the nearest source of alcohol and drink his time away not talking to anyone. Here he didn't want to even risk the possible outcomes of what alcohol might cause. Instead he leaned against a pillar and watched the river, and, while not drinking, he indulged another habit, smoking. Smoking, and thinking about, if everything goes nice and quiet tonight, he can be done with this and back home in no time.

When he had first got to the celebration he had immediately gone the opposite direction he saw most of the guests heading. Guessing that they were all going off to see the Queen, and he was loathe to run into her. He was likely safe to socialize with anyone else except the Australians. However he wasn't about to break his streak of no-interaction with politicians if he could help it.

There was a quiet splash in the river that made him look at the water, he had been drifting off into his thoughts, "Huh, fish." he said to himself and threw out his spent cigarette, and lit another one.

"Hello there," Anthony said, striding over from where he'd been talking with his daughter and offering his hand. "Imagine seeing you here." For once the man was in good spirits. He wondered, privately, how long it would take people to begin noticing the similarity in appearance between the two, and thought the reactions should be amusing.

Uberstein returns with a firm handshake, "What can I say, things clear up when you retire. Now, who do I give this too?" He holds up the gift, it still wasn't clear what was in it. "Don't worry, it isn't explosive in any way, though it does have a very high alcohol content." He looks around, "One thing, you need more security." He holds up his fairly low-profile cane, "This thing has a shotgun built in, 12 gauge, I wasn't even frisked before I came in and look at all the trouble I went too to arm myself."

Edited by BaronUberstein

As Atkinson walked back towards Hannah and Sarah after his brief meeting, he did his best to hide the bit of anxiety that he had on his face after meeting with the President. "Everything okay David?" Hannah asked smiling after he returned. "You seemed a bit distraught over there, so I'm hoping that there isn't a problem with the President, with our countries cooperating and all."

Sarah smiled and looked down at a ring on her finger and in a voice that ran along the border of being en passe. "No Hannah, President Dobbs would not even think of forgoing the Hansa. He is the strongest ally we have, I assure you. Loyal to the last."

"I guess I owe that a bit to you don't I David." Hannah smiled back at the Colonel.

The tone of Sarah's voice put David slightly on guard, though he did his best not to show it. A slight straightening of posture and tightening of back muscles is all that would be apparent on the outside. Tom had said that the Hansa weren't to be trusted... was it possible he meant just Sarah and not Hannah? David wanted to believe that, but Hannah was Hansa as well, and he knew Tom long enough that if he had meant to exclude someone from something, he would have.

"There's no problem, Your Majesty." His voice finally worked again and he flashed his trademark grin to Hannah. "Nothing is wrong at all. And you don't owe me a thing. Like I said, it was a chance for me to evaluate the job I've done as a teacher so far, somewhere outside the simulators." His gaze drifted from Hannah to Sarah, studying her eyes, looking for some tidbit of meaning in what Tom had said earlier.

Twenty feet away, Tom watched David and slowly shook his head. He had never seen the boy like this before, but was certain that there was something afoot. A growing dread was forming in the pit of his stomach, but he knew not what was causing it... yet.

Kintober nodded understanding. "S'all right. I'll be around when your ready. Have a nice evening until then." He bowed politely, and turned to find someone else. He was bored now; incredibly so. Kintober hated politics, and ruled his country because his people needed his guidance and control. He felt his place was in a lab somewhere, dealing with formulas and tinkering with lab equipment. So in order to fend off his boredom, he began prowling for interesting folks to chat with. He noticed the two representatives from NoN and their split. One female headed to the bar and the other in his general direction. The woman walking near him caught his attention. She had an air of mystic around her that Kintober recognized. He figured "screw it," and took a chance.

Walking up to her, he cleared his throat and stuck out a hand. "Greetings, I'm Emperor Sammy Kintober, might I have a moment of your time?"

Walking up to her, he cleared his throat and stuck out a hand. "Greetings, I'm Emperor Sammy Kintober, might I have a moment of your time?"

"Emperor, huh," If Kat was amused at all by the Emperor's clothing, she didn't show it, accepting the man's hand gracefully. "Sure take two. Anything beats hanging out with the resident wall flower. My name's Kat, cat with a K."

Kintober raised an eyebrow. "Pleased to meet you 'Kat.' I take it you're not known for diplomacy?" Before Kat could take it as an insult, Kintober chuckled. "Relax. I'd much rather have someone of your occupation talk to me then most here. I honestly hate politics. Still, someone with a brain has to rule Eggman Empire." He said with a shrug" So..." Kintober lowered his voice and leaned forward "How many people you've killed?"

OOC:Keep in mind Kintober's spent a good portion of his life creating homicidal nutjobs, so he can pick up on these things.

Edited by DrKintobor

Kintober raised an eyebrow. "Pleased to meet you 'Kat.' I take it you're not known for diplomacy?" Before Kat could take it as an insult, Kintober chuckled. "Relax. I'd much rather have someone of your occupation talk to me then most here. I honestly hate politics. Still, someone with a brain has to rule Eggman Empire." He said with a shrug" So..." Kintober lowered his voice and leaned forward "How many people you've killed?"

Kat instinctively reached for her thighs at Kintober's advances, only to hear "How many people you've killed?"

Leaning back with a tilt of her chin downward she looked up at the man with the air of a girl just hearing the worst pick-up line ever at a club, "Umm... that's probably the most interesting pick-up line I've ever heard. I'll give you that."

Suddenly, a thought came to her head. Nyani DID say I should talk to foreign nationals, maybe I shouldn't COMPLETELY shoot him down...

With her hand still in his, she continued. "I mean, even if I WAS some kind of foreign assassin bent on killing everyone here at the party, don't you think you'd be in danger being this close to me?" Noticing a guard nearby and remembering that not everyone shared her morbid sense of humour, she said, "Kidding! I was just kidding!"

OOC: Playing hard to get. So hawt.

"Sarah, I have longed to see you for awhile now. I have so many questions, but I feel this is not the time nor the place. Might you schedule a visit to my country some time or another?"

"It would be a pleasure Queen Ava, you simply name the time and place and I promise I'd be happy to come to Acca Dacca and answer as many questions as you have. I have a lot of faith in Acca Dacca for the future and I know you're not one to disappoint."

Amidst the almost sound of talking and noise from the growing party on the pavilion things seemed to be going perfectly. People were talking joyfully with one another, the orchestra's chamber music softly took the evening from hour to hour, while the servants moved like bees around the crowd and nearly everyone had some small food in their hand or a glass of wine, champagne, or a mug of beer. Hannah smiled, Sarah always knew how to through the best parties, she couldn't remember a time when she had not been invited to Solidor Manor and had not enjoyed herself.

"You should be a little less modest, Your Majesty." Sarah said with a chuckle. "You're as big of a part of this as I am. As I said Hannah, I can't even begin to describe how happy I am to see what has become of the nation. To be honest, when I left that night I had no idea that we would be able to achieve such glory again. I doubted my people and most importantly, and most damning to myself. I doubted you Hannah." Sarah looked at her with both hands planted firmly on her shoulders. "I couldn't be more proud of the woman that I chose to be the First Knight of the Commonwealth."

"Thank you Ladyship."

Sarah smiled across at the young Queen, only five years her junior, yet it felt like a true mother, daughter moment. "And whatever was done to you in the Eggman Empire, or whatever will be done to you in the future does not matter in the slightest. So long as you always remain true to yourself and remember what is important." The Former Lady Protector touched Hannah's heart. "This, more important than politics, more important than anything. All right." She turned to David. "Now, you see the Colonel over there, he likes you and from the way I see you looking at him, you like him as well. So I'll be right back, we can't stand around all night talking to people about the weather and how happy they are for us after all."

"Sarah?"

"Don't worry, its easy, everything comes into line." Sarah walked graciously away from the crowd and towards the orchestra. "Gentlemen, no one is dancing. A waltz please."

"Of course Ladyship right away." The Maestro said and then turned back to the orchestra behind him as a soft waltz began to play that only would gain in speed as the dance continued. Aristocrats and leaders slowly began to head towards the dance floor, embracing their couples. Hannah herself stood outside the pavilion still looking inside for David, while Sarah moved right over to Dobbs still wandering the center of the floor and grabbed him by the shoulders as she put his hands on her waist and looked up into his eyes.

"Now Thomas. There is no need to make David mistrust Hannah, he can mistrust me all he wants, hell half the world distrusts me. But so help me God if you ruin their relationship." She glared at him before a smile crept over her face again. "Look, I know that you don't like me all that much, but I know you like me deep down, I like you deep down too. I was just a woman pushed to the brink of insanity, try having your greatest city stolen away from you not once, not twice, but three times. I understand you've been through a lot, every leader has, but let me tell you something, I think I've trumped a lot of the world goons that consider themselves good leaders." She said swaying back and forth to the music. "So how can I make it so that Thomas Dobbs and Sarah Tintagyl are good friends again? Like we once were." Her pink ribbon tied around her right wrist.

Kintober chuckled at her humor. "It wouldn't surprise me if you did. Although I doubt you could kill everyone here. I on the other hand-" Kintober's face twisted into a sick grin. "-am more then capable of liquidating everyone here." Kintober said in a low voice. He opened his overcoat and pulled a vial with sky blue liquid out of a hidden pouch. He waved it in front of her face for a few moments before tucking it back into the secret pouch. "A modified strand of Yersinia pestis aka the black death. Whipped it up myself. When the liquid is released from the vial, it becomes a vapor which will be breathed in by everyone. Symptoms set in after 4-6 hours after exposure, death happens after 8. Half-life is less then a day though." He giggled oddly. "So what death bringers are you packing?"

"Of course Ladyship right away." The Maestro said and then turned back to the orchestra behind him as a soft waltz began to play that only would gain in speed as the dance continued. Aristocrats and leaders slowly began to head towards the dance floor, embracing their couples. Hannah herself stood outside the pavilion still looking inside for David, while Sarah moved right over to Dobbs still wandering the center of the floor and grabbed him by the shoulders as she put his hands on her waist and looked up into his eyes.

"Now Thomas. There is no need to make David mistrust Hannah, he can mistrust me all he wants, hell half the world distrusts me. But so help me God if you ruin their relationship." She glared at him before a smile crept over her face again. "Look, I know that you don't like me all that much, but I know you like me deep down, I like you deep down too. I was just a woman pushed to the brink of insanity, try having your greatest city stolen away from you not once, not twice, but three times. I understand you've been through a lot, every leader has, but let me tell you something, I think I've trumped a lot of the world goons that consider themselves good leaders." She said swaying back and forth to the music. "So how can I make it so that Thomas Dobbs and Sarah Tintagyl are good friends again? Like we once were." Her pink ribbon tied around her right wrist.

The move by Sarah caught Dobbs by surprise, but before he could open his mouth, she began talking. Sarah Tintagyl was the one one in the world who called him Thomas. Check that, Sarah Tintagyl was the only person in the world he allowed to call him Thomas. That was only because she knew his secret. After she finished her little speech, Dobbs looked her square in the eyes.

"I liked Sarah Tintagyl. I liked the girl who was thrust into the role of Lady Protector when she still should have been in school. I respected her grace when faced with adversity, from being cast out from one end of the world to thrive in another." Dobbs brushed a strand of hair back from her face. "But that Sarah Tintagyl is gone, dead. And you know that as well as I do. The girl standing before me here today is not the Sarah Tintagyl I loved and respected. You are a killer. You... lead, but not as you led before. Knowing what I know now, seeing what you have done, I don't see how we can be good friends again. You have blackmailed my silence... you cannot blackmail my respect."

Seeing Hannah standing alone, David handed off his hat to a passing server before walking over, lighting tapping her on the shoulder. "I wasn't able to tell you earlier because there were other people around, but you look simply gorgeous tonight, Hannah." He smiled warmly at her and held out his hand. "May I have this dance?"

"I liked Sarah Tintagyl. I liked the girl who was thrust into the role of Lady Protector when she still should have been in school. I respected her grace when faced with adversity, from being cast out from one end of the world to thrive in another." Dobbs brushed a strand of hair back from her face. "But that Sarah Tintagyl is gone, dead. And you know that as well as I do. The girl standing before me here today is not the Sarah Tintagyl I loved and respected. You are a killer. You... lead, but not as you led before. Knowing what I know now, seeing what you have done, I don't see how we can be good friends again. You have blackmailed my silence... you cannot blackmail my respect."

Sarah looked away from him as two icy tears formed in her eyes. "You have no idea what I've gone through." She said through her teeth. "You think I wanted to do these things. Egon destroyed Brisbane Thomas, you know that. You know that! What was I supposed to do, be the goody-two shoes that I always am and ask for him to go to court and stand trial? No, you know as well as I do that he needed to die and before you go on and call me some coldblooded killer, even though I may be one, know this." She stopped dancing for a moment and looked at him dead on. "I will never kill an innocent person for the evils of this world. You might think me as evil, but my evil will follow the law and it will deliver those who need to be delivered for the good of humanity. I may not me the little girl in Helsinki, but she's been beaten down in this world so many times." She closed her eyes. "Maybe I'm weak for changing, but I'm tired of getting beat up for believing in myself. Not that I don't believe in myself, but I gave up on peace a long time ago. But I did not give up on humanity."

---

Seeing Hannah standing alone, David handed off his hat to a passing server before walking over, lighting tapping her on the shoulder. "I wasn't able to tell you earlier because there were other people around, but you look simply gorgeous tonight, Hannah." He smiled warmly at her and held out his hand. "May I have this dance?"

Hannah turned and looked up at the Colonel as he laid his hands on her shoulder and met him with a wide smile, her pale features giving into a rosy blush, one of the rarities that the Warrior-Queen possessed. "You complement me too much David." She extended a fair thin hand out to his own as the couple lead themselves to the dance floor, joining arms, waists, and looks with each other. Hannah blushed again as they moved gently back and forth to the waltz. "You know, we're in public now, they're not going to let you alone for awhile if you're seen dancing with the Queen of Australia. Especially a military man like yourself. The public doesn't understand people like us David." She chuckled. "They never will."

---

"You see Thomas." Sarah turned back to where David and Hannah were dancing. "I want to protect things like that. Even if I have to play dirty to make sure that people like Hannah and David are always going to be happy. They've both been through a lot, they don't need to go through what either me or you went through." She stopped and smiled. "You know what's funny, is here we are, you and I, both leaders of the older generation. Atkinson saved you from the first collapse of Pravus Inguro and Hannah saved the Hansa from collapse. They're the hero and heroine of the future Thomas. I want to protect that dream and I know deep down, you want to as well." She turned back to him. "So please, try to be a bit less damning of me. Especially when I don't plan to do anything that will miserable people any more miserable."

Dobbs had to work to hold back a short bark of a laugh. "Innocents, Sarah? What did Bill Worthington do to deserve death? Or Francis McCutcheon? Or Zoey Lawerance? Nothing, save knowing Louis. We were going to get him, Sarah. We were going to bring him in, and then hand him over to you, to a court of law, for justice, even if that was death. But to be murdered on a beach... that wasn't justice. At least not my brand of justice. My brand of justice doesn't end with a body being delivered to an office with a pink ribbon beside it." Tom hesitated for a moment, looking at the pink ribbon tied around her wrist, and then over at David and Hannah. "You don't think I want to protect that as well? Why do you think I worked for so long to make North America stable? For that, right there. I didn't do it for a terrorist organization, my own ego, or my own brand of justice. I did it for the future generations." As he finished his sentence, a hand tapped him on the shoulder. Turning, he saw one of his aides, ashen-faced. "Excuse me, something important must have come up. I will return in a minute."

------

David could not keep the grin off his face. This was the life he loved. He was a hero back home, and now courting a Queen halfway across the world. The spotlight had never bothered him, and the sideways glances and hushed whispers around them only caused him to smile more. "Let them talk, Hannah. We are who we are. And, personally, I don't care what they all say. Right now, I'm happy just being here with you. Honestly... this beats flying." The last line was delivered almost in a whisper and was followed with a wink.

------

"What is it?" Dobbs asked the aide when they were a few yards away from Sarah.

"Sir, we just got a communique... the Federation is gone."

"Gone? What the hell do you mean gone?"

"The World Party, sir. Immediately after we left, they staged a take over and cut off communication. The 1st Army, the Navy and Air Force fought against them and their supporters, but they were forced to retreat from Florida. They... destroyed everything on their way out. They enacted Executive Order One, sir. Scorched Earth." The aide paused for a moment. "All defenses destroyed, mines detonated... as much military hardware as they could grab was taken out with them... as many civilians as they could fit onto a convoy of cruise ships as well... they are steaming across the Atlantic now, sir."

"How the $%&@ did this happen... how the $%&@ did this happen!" The volume of Dobbs' voice caused a few heads to turn. "Was there anything else?"

"We got a message from the Sicilian League... offering sanctuary."

"Sicily? Not New England or Tahoe? !@#$%^&*." Dobbs thought for a long minute. "Tell Sicily we accept. If they don't want us in America we will move somewhere else and start over. Ready the plane to fly to Sicily. We leave in a half hour." Dobbs turned and walked back towards Sarah, stopping to tap David on the shoulder as he went.

"Big happenings. Executive Order One enacted on the homeland. Be ready to leave when you get the orders... but you won't be going home. Plans look like Sicily at the moment." He kept walking to Sarah.

"Well, Duchess. You lost your beloved city three times? I just lost my country... for the second time. And this time, I won't be getting it back. If you'll excuse me, I have some pressing matters to attend to. Please give the Queen my best." As Tom bowed slightly and walked away, he marched right past someone who looked very out of place. His bald head shone under the lights, and he wore a black shirt, black pants and military boots and a long black trenchcoat. The man walked right towards Sarah.

"Well... that was interesting wasn't it?"

He was on his fourth smoke when the music started. Finally something to draw people's attentions away while he looked around. So he did just that.

Looking around at the guests that hadn't moved to the dance floor. He recognized some from other balls, and others, like Kintober, from diplomatic talks. He still laughed about sending that clerk over and over again to them.

He lit his fifth smoke. He hoped he didn't run out by the end of this.

"Let them talk, Hannah. We are who we are. And, personally, I don't care what they all say. Right now, I'm happy just being here with you. Honestly... this beats flying."

Hannah looked down at again at the ground, normally she kept shush a hard demeanor with everyone she talked to. Never softening, never allowing herself to change for anyone. She had been the woman that had gone to the west and had descended into Hell and yet here she was moving back and forth on a dance floor in the middle of the Brisbane River. Here she was literally melting in the young pilot's arms, his arms against her back and his right hand graciously holding her own as he led her across the dance floor. "Its strange, just thinking about it David. I don't know why I'm not as cold to you as everyone else." She looked away for a moment. "I mean I tried to be, but you really did a spectacular thing, breaking this stone shell of mine." Hannah turned back and looked at him. "I really do enjoy you being here, it gives me something to think about, besides all this political !@#$." Releasing her hands from his own, she wrapped her arms around his head and leaned across kissing him lightly on the lips. "I'm happy too David, just as happy to be here with you too."

---

There wasn't much Sarah could say as Dobbs talked about the loss of Pravus Inguro, but she had listened to him from across the ballroom about the refugee movement. Finally he left with only words of spite to her, only leaving her to cross her arms over her chest and stare at him with narrow eyes as he walked towards the edge of the pavilion and hailed for the dockworkers to take him off of the island. As she sat there, Dunstan in his black garb walked near her.

"Well... that was interesting wasn't it?"

She grabbed a glass of champagne and threw back the liquid as hard as she could and looked over at the bald man. "You could have at least dressed up for this you know. Instead of sticking out like a demon of hell in a court of angels." Sarah thought of the words for a moment. "Then again you work for Lilith so I guess it makes sense." She looked back at Dobbs disembarking from the pavilion and turned back to Dunstan. "I want you to order that all operatives are to keep an eye out in Europe from now on. I think with the arrival of your people in Europe, we might finally be able to monitor a continent that has been grief stricken for far too long. Dobbs may not want my help, but he'll need it eventually, and I think having a strong base in Europe is exactly what we need right now. Though Dunstan, I will be focusing on organization in the future. Keep that in mind. Understood?"

"Understood, m'lady." Dunstan inclined his head slightly. He never called her by one of her vast number of titles. He was a terrorist, a rogue... and he reflected that in his dress and in his speech. "I will not be going personally, for my presence would raise suspicion with Dobbs. However, we will work to recruit some new blood in the area. I heard that Italy has recently opened, perhaps that is where they are headed. We will need new people in any government over there, after the blasted World Party killed off all our government operatives today." Dunstan turned silent for a moment before speaking again. "Is there anything else, m'lady, or am I off to give the orders?"

------

The kiss was... perfect. And perfect was not a word David used very often. He'd kissed his fair share of girls before, of course, but nothing had ever felt this way to him. It was better than he imagined it would be or could be. And what a time and place. Here, at a royal ball, Hannah looking stunning and him in his dress grays. It was... perfect.

And yet underneath this joy was an undercut of worry. Not just for the current situation, for David was sure he'd just jumped to the top of some crazed maniac's hit list who wanted the Queen for himself, but for the situation back home. The full impact of what Dobbs had said hadn't hit him yet, and when he looked down at Hannah's face again, he couldn't help but smile.

"If you thought they were staring before, they are really staring now." He whispered to her. "But I like it." He slid his head to the side and kissed her again, letting the music continue to weave them through the crowd.

------

Dobbs' plane took off from the Brisbane airport, and he picked up a phone. Pravus Ingruo was gone. His hands were shaking with rage at the moment. He dialed in the number for the Sicilian League.

"This is Tom Dobbs... I am on my way." Dobbs hung up the phone and then did something he had not done in a long, long time.

He wept.

Kintober chuckled at her humor. "It wouldn't surprise me if you did. Although I doubt you could kill everyone here. I on the other hand-" Kintober's face twisted into a sick grin. "-am more then capable of liquidating everyone here." Kintober said in a low voice. He opened his overcoat and pulled a vial with sky blue liquid out of a hidden pouch. He waved it in front of her face for a few moments before tucking it back into the secret pouch. "A modified strand of Yersinia pestis aka the black death. Whipped it up myself. When the liquid is released from the vial, it becomes a vapor which will be breathed in by everyone. Symptoms set in after 4-6 hours after exposure, death happens after 8. Half-life is less then a day though." He giggled oddly. "So what death bringers are you packing?"

Kat decided that the man was thoroughly mad, but that was fine. Eyeing the blue vial with disdain she said, "Hmph... I was never a fan of poisons. Disease... if you're sloppy you'll get infected yourself, or worse, create tons of collateral."

The man must have thoroughly trusted her, she mused, since he was way too far now. Divulging a secret like that made her feel compelled to tell him some in kind.

"Ohh, alright." She sighed, she decided that she'd play along for a while. "I'm under strict orders from mom over there that this is purely a diplomatic mission, R&R. If anything, I'm to be the her personal security detail," she said, nodding her head towards Nyani's position.

"As for what I'm packing, I went extremely light. I've got a pair of 6 inch stilettos, but I really can't say whether or not I have anything else... trade secret, sorry. For your first question, it depends what you meant. For individual 'assignments' I've completed 103, so far. For actual bodycounts, that depends. 139 in total, I pride myself in a relatively low collateral rate, 146 if you count the pregnant cat and its kittens I had to off during training." She said such a gruesome sentence in such a nonchalant way, a normal person would have been revolted.

"By the way, how'd you tell that I do what I do? I make it by business that people don't know whats coming until its too late... Whats you're secret?"

Haruhi Suzumiya arrived at Brisbane and stepped out for a light walk. She wasn't familiar with the capital, but remembered the Hanseatic Commonwealth from her past and her childhood. As such, after a light walk not far from the place where the events were being held, she proceeded to where the events were being held. Her mind had been cluttered as of late, with various disturbing thoughts and pre-emptive beliefs of people holding power over her and controlling the strings for their own goals in her domain. Maybe she would need to sit down and seriously think sometime during this.

She walked near Hannah, but simply ignored any attention. Her mind as of lately hadn't been in as good condition as when she started the endeavour of running the nation. She was still perfectly sane and eccentric, but didn't seem to 'glow' anymore. Maybe the stress and the unnerving thoughts and reports she'd received from those loyal to her lately had caused her to feel gloomy and emotionless in form.

As she walked past Hannah and decided to sit down, the only word she could sneak out was this:

"Hello, your majesty."