Announcement from the desk of the custodial engineer third class

Reachwind

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lookie there! RLMMO fell into a trap.

Have fun, I know your opponents will.

RLMMO will nuke everyone allied with the asshats attacking us. Our information states it clearly.

We're defending ourselves after being attacked. That's the #1 rule in CN. You are always allowed to retaliate an attack.

RLMMO will nuke everyone allied with the asshats attacking us. Our information states it clearly.

We're defending ourselves after being attacked. That's the #1 rule in CN. You are always allowed to retaliate an attack.

You're also allowed to handle the situation with tact and diplomacy rather than vulgarities in hopes of swaying popular opinion in your favor. Best of luck with your retaliation as well as your diplomacy.

Edited by Eden Taylor

If anyone wants to support tech raiders getting smote by nuclear weapons, there's many aid slots open :D

Yes, panhandle your way into legitimacy. Make sure you put a few rocks in your cup so it makes enough sound to draw attention.

e: that being said, if these boys decide they actually do have the balls to declare on us, anyone aiding them to support the cause will be noted.

e:fb

Edited by nippy

I don't believe they declared war. A Kronos member was given implicit permission to attack, and RLMMO is defending itself. What thread have you been reading?

Yet another person ignoring our involvement in this.

Where's your proof that a Kronos member was given implicit permission to attack? How do you justify RLMMO's apparent lack of diplomatic methods? Would The Jedi Order call all-out war on an alliance for raiding a single TJO member?

I don't believe they declared war.... What thread have you been reading?

I'll offer you some quotes for where my opinions are formed:

Surrender terms are simple, once we hurt your alliance we'll get bored and leave you alone again.

Surrender terms are usually only a matter of war.

We will respond with force against the attackers on us, however. As OP stated, we will let you run after we've beaten you. However, in the sense of a declaration of war.
And we are only attacking those who attacks us. Im just curiouse about the alliance standard on this issues, good to know. Woulden't you all agree?
Yeah well, You seem to be missunderstanding my intentions. I don't mean go to war with you, just those few nations that attacked us.

They are not only attacking those who attacked them.

edit:

Sorry to say, but maybe GOONS just don't have the edge that they used to. I mean, Kronos is all the buzz lately.

Edited by Eden Taylor

Where's your proof that a Kronos member was given implicit permission to attack? How do you justify RLMMO's apparent lack of diplomatic methods? Would The Jedi Order call all-out war on an alliance for raiding a single TJO member?

All Kronos members are given implicit permission to attack any alliance with less than 15 members.

I'm not sure what TJO has to do with this. No we wouldn't. We have our policies, RLMMO has theirs. We aren't related in any way, and I don't think we've ever spoken with anyone in RLMMO. I don't know why you would assume we have the same policies.

As far as diplomacy goes, adding a 'tech raid' tag into your war screen does not amount to diplomacy. RLMMO is not required to negotiate with aggressors. That's just silly.

-snip-

They are responding to what they consider a declaration of war from Kronos/edit= and GOONS, sorry nippy/. No one is in a position to tell RLMMO what they are allowed to consider a DoW, and what they are not. They are able to make their own decisions, and deal with the consequences, which they seem to be prepared to do.

Edited by Erich Ludendorff

All Kronos members are given implicit permission to attack any alliance with less than 15 members.

Yeah, somehow I don't believe you have a full grasp of their techraiding policies. Call me crazy.

I'm not sure what TJO has to do with this. No we wouldn't. We have our policies, RLMMO has theirs. We aren't related in any way, and I don't think we've ever spoken with anyone in RLMMO. I don't know why you would assume we have the same policies.

So you're stating you consider it completely reasonable to declare all-out war in the event of one of your members becoming the target of a tech raid? Your swerving around my question was a bit too obvious. I was asking you to compare this outrageous policy to your own alliance's policy in order for you to be able to grasp the differences and compare them.

As far as diplomacy goes, adding a 'tech raid' tag into your war screen does not amount to diplomacy. RLMMO is not required to negotiate with aggressors. That's just silly.

True. It would, perhaps, be in their best interest to do so, however.

They are responding to what they consider a declaration of war from Kronos/edit= and GOONS, sorry nippy/. No one is in a position to tell RLMMO what they are allowed to consider a DoW, and what they are not. They are able to make their own decisions, and deal with the consequences, which they seem to be prepared to do.

I'm not telling them what to consider a DoW and what not to; they have said multiple times both directly and indirectly that they are declaring war on Kronos and the GOONS for what were initially raids. You rather vaguely said you didn't believe they declared war (which, I realize now could mean either Kronos/GOONS or ROFL), and I was simply pointing out that at least ROFL does believe they have; possibly GOONS and/or Kronos consider this a DoW also, not sure. You'd have to ask them or read their posts.

What damn diplomacy do we need? They attack us for no obviouse reasns, of course we will attack the !@#$%^&* back.

"Oh hello sir, came for some thé did you?"

I mean really, you all seem to take this a bit to seriouse than it actually is.

Tomorrow will be a more interessting day anyway.

One the war part: I was more or less asking if this was a declaration of war from your part, which i guess it's not then. Just "tech raiding", weird way to tech raid though, anyways...

Edited by Trubish

What damn diplomacy do we need? They attack us for no obviouse reasns, of course we will attack the !@#$%^&* back.

"Oh hello sir, came for some thé did you?"

Tomorrow will be a more interessting day anyway.

To extend this from talking about this particular instance to talking about single attacks in general, it's always a good idea to find out what's going on first. Not doing so can turn this:

A attacks B

B goes to A's alliance and asks why

A gets reprimanded by his alliance and pays reps

into this:

A attacks B

B's alliance attacks back against A's alliance

A's alliance turns B's alliance into a parking lot

was this how it would have gone in this case? You'll never know now.

I personally am just bored and wish any of you had a nation within my range so I could join in with Kronos and GOONS.

One the war part: I was more or less asking if this was a declaration of war from your part, which i guess it's not then. Just "tech raiding", weird way to tech raid though, anyways...

You want to play part of the game of politics here with us by trying to argue the nature of tech raiding but refuse to play along and argue the definition of war or retaliation. Please indulge us in your presence here in the political spotlight that your announcement of "I was really just asking a question about us being tech raided (though it sounded like a statement of retaliation and was followed by subsequent actual war declarations on nations not remotely involved in the initial raids)" has created.