Monthly STA Press Conference

pezstar

Whats the opinion of STA on the excess of opinion polling recently? Do you find any value in these polls?

Also hows the league going, I forget where things were with the last update. I just missed promotion to the top of the Mason's league.

/me shakes fist at Kuhini and his flukiness

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the opinion of STA on the excess of opinion polling recently? Do you find any value in these polls?

People are bored and/or want to drum up some friction between blocs. I don't really find any value in the polls other than entertainment value.

Also hows the league going, I forget where things were with the last update. I just missed promotion to the top of the Mason's league.

The Siberian Trophy is going along nicely. Just past the halfway point of the season.

Who would win? Snow leopard vs Tiger

A tiger, of course.

How are the treaty-less white trade forums coming along compared with how you hoped?

They are going along as I expected. People will only sign up to them if they lose a trade or are new players looking for a trade circle.

How can I get better at xpert11 :( ?

I might leave this for someone else to answer as my team has played 13 seasons without winning the title. :(

Which alliance do you currently dislike the most?

I don't hate any alliance personally right now, although I've had enough with a few members from WAPA, either really immature, or just plain annoying.

I really don't like what TSO did to MCXA, but thats based on the alliance, not individuals, as I haven't had any dealing with them.

Valhalla, now I haven't done much with them. I wasn't in STA during the time of that incident, but I've seen some things done by them that have been poorly handled. But they have some really great guys in there. Lucas Perry is probably my favourite Valhalla member.

Do you love me?

Are you playin' your love games with me?

(I saw Ol' Greg again today when bored at work)

A ) Yes

B ) Those games were supposed to be a secret <.<

Edited by Skippy

I have two questions for you.

Why are you guys the most self-important alliance in CN history? And why should anyone give a damn about you, knowing that whatever any of your members say is probably met with a few behind the scenes "yeah! we showed him how awesome we really are! We're so important, everyone loves what we have to say! Burned! Wait.. dissed? Do people say burned or dissed now? Who cares! We're totally the best thing ever" ?

Why are you guys the most self-important alliance in CN history? And why should anyone give a damn about you, knowing that whatever any of your members say is probably met with a few behind the scenes "yeah! we showed him how awesome we really are! We're so important, everyone loves what we have to say! Burned! Wait.. dissed? Do people say burned or dissed now? Who cares! We're totally the best thing ever" ?

To us, we are the most important. That's the very definition of self-importance. I'd hope that all alliances find themselves important enough to do what they think is best for themselves. But you didn't mean it that way, did you? No, no. You've come to insult us. If you'd like to provide a few examples of what you deem as self-importance, I'd be happy to answer as to our thought processes on each one.

As for behind the scenes, it honestly isn't like that at all. We've always been a bit of an isolationist alliance, vastly preferring to stick to ourselves and our few close allies. Because we're relatively close like that, it tends to be a fair amount of OOC conversation mixed with mocking each other for playing horribly in Diplomacy or the Siberian Cup.

That said, we totally are the best thing ever.

Last I heard, you were a pacifist, I knew your new meek and calm persona wouldn't last long. Yes this is OOC, but you haven't changed. I'll let some STA gov answer your question, as I'm too tired now. I should of been asleep ages ago (as Rebel will remind me <.<)

Edit: Ah thank you Pezstar

Edited by Skippy

Last I heard, you were a pacifist, I knew your new meek and calm persona wouldn't last long. Yes this is OOC, but you haven't changed. I'll let some STA gov answer your question, as I'm too tired now. I should of been asleep ages ago (as Rebel will remind me <.<)

Edit: Ah thank you Pezstar

I don't know what you're getting at, good sir. Did I offend you in some way? I am sorry if I did, I truly am a pacifist, so I'm not sure what you're getting at, but we can work things out if I did manage to upset you in some manner.

Because we're relatively close like that, it tends to be a fair amount of OOC conversation mixed with mocking each other for playing horribly in Diplomacy or the Siberian Cup.

Speaking of this, the STA does a decent number of diplomacy games. If you start one at webdiplomacy.net with 24 hour turns and then post in our Ice Bar, you'll almost certainly get a lot of interest.

And if you don't know what Diplomacy is, go learn about it. It's like a fusion of chess and risk, except with no dice rolling (and thus no luck) and heavy emphasis on strategy and (surprise) diplomacy.

Oh right, and never trust anything Uhtred says in Diplomacy. :P

Why are you guys the most self-important alliance in CN history?

It is not my job to provide evidence of your allegations. As far as the STA is concerned our decisions or comments on matters are not focussed on anything other than providing our honest opinion based on the information presented. If that irritates you then I see that as your problem, not mine.

And why should anyone give a damn about you, knowing that whatever any of your members say is probably met with a few behind the scenes "yeah! we showed him how awesome we really are! We're so important, everyone loves what we have to say! Burned! Wait.. dissed? Do people say burned or dissed now? Who cares! We're totally the best thing ever" ?

I have no idea why you give a damn about the STA. You seem fixated. Time to go meditate and let go off all that bitterness, Mr. Jones. Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

It is not my job to provide evidence of your allegations. As far as the STA is concerned our decisions or comments on matters are not focussed on anything other than providing our honest opinion based on the information presented. If that irritates you then I see that as your problem, not mine.

I have no idea why you give a damn about the STA. You seem fixated. Time to go meditate and let go off all that bitterness, Mr. Jones. Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

I do believe I'm not sure what you're talking about, sir. Did you accidentally attribute something someone else said to myself? I do not recall saying those words, especially considering that they are most harsh and go against my pacifist nature.