So, uh, Penkala

Neo Uruk

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can raid whoever you want.

You just have to deal with the consequences of that decision. No one FORCED you to stop raiding Knights of Ni. Admin didn't reach down from on high and cancel the wars.

They stopped because people were not amused and offered to take up the many calls of "do something about it" that were made.

You just have to deal with the consequences of that decision. No one FORCED you to stop raiding Knights of Ni. Admin didn't reach down from on high and cancel the wars.

They stopped because people were not amused and offered to take up the many calls of "do something about it" that were made.

Then should people not be able to raid whoever they want with that philosophy, rishnokof?

Also please Janax, go read through the other thread and point out a Athens or FoB government member that used the phrase, "Do something about it."

Edited by Tick1

This^ sums up what I believe as well.

Then should people not be able to raid whoever they want with that philosophy, rishnokof?

Also please Janax, go read through the other thread and point out a Athens or FoB government member that used the phrase, "Do something about it."

I've read the thread. All 69 stupid pages of it.

Please point out where I said "government" member's were egging on the peanut gallery. FoB members and Athens members were defending their decision, some with calls of bring it, some trumpeting their "right" to tech raid.

Some people just wanted to expand and help you push the bundries of acceptable raiding. Is that so wrong?

Bottom line, no one FORCED you to stop. You still have the right to tech raid whomever you want, but you also know what may happen. (Hence the backtracking and apologies)

Hey look! Athen and co. trying to divert the bad PR somewhere else. It's almost as though they are trying to make a scapegoat out of Penkala. :rolleyes:

It's almost like it's hypocritical to bash someone for ignoring standard raiding practice, only to ignore them yourself.

And last I checked, UC is in neither Athens nor FoB.

It's almost like it's hypocritical to bash someone for ignoring standard raiding practice, only to ignore them yourself.

And last I checked, UC is in neither Athens nor FoB.

UC joined FoB after the incident. He left from SLCB.

Athens yes but why CnG? Is FoB no longer a member?

Well as you can blatantly see, we've not criticized RIA for Penkala's actions regarding this thread. Why, should anyone criticize CnG for our actions? Simple enough, right?

I'm going to have to agree with this post.

In fact, if I remember correctly, the arguments made for the justification of the raid were that it was a small alliance, and that it had no treaties. If anything, he's only using that standard, but on a much smaller alliance of just one member.

I see how he could be faulted, but if Penkala is wrong, then Athens and FoB were certainly wrong.

Whether they both were wrong in techraiding wasn't taht important.

The point was that he (and others) condemned Athens/FoB for it, while at the same time they're doing it themselves.

Therefore the moral outrage as we've seen the past week was opportunistic in nature at best, and hypocritical at worst.

It's as simple as that, Penkala had no intentions of nuking this person and when Penkala knew he wouldn't profit from the raid he resorted to nuclear tactics.

-clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap-

oh wait, there's a thing called IRC.

The point was that he (and others) condemned Athens/FoB for it, while at the same time they're doing it themselves.

Therefore the moral outrage as we've seen the past week was opportunistic in nature at best, and hypocritical at worst.

Nice try at the revionism there darlin, but that's not what Penkala's thread was about. It was about Athen's attacking another alliance claiming it was a "tech raid", because they didn't have the balls to just issue a declaration of war with a half-assed CB. At its core, this argument has never been about tech-raiding, but about inter-alliance war standards.

Nice try at the revionism there darlin, but that's not what Penkala's thread was about. It was about Athen's attacking another alliance claiming it was a "tech raid", because they didn't have the balls to just issue a declaration of war with a half-assed CB. At its core, this argument has never been about tech-raiding, but about inter-alliance war standards.

Orly?

Who is revisioning now?

Because it was, in fact, just a mass techraid. The amount of raids doesn't make it an alliance declaration of war.

Once again this thread is not about Athens, please resort to the other thread if you'd like to discuss Athens.

For all intensive purposes. Please look at how logical that statement.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/Balougahfitz/r1.jpg

The first picture is the most important one. If anyone impersonated Penkala would he not have nuked them on the first day (24 hours)? Quite simply this proves that he was not impersonated. If Penkala was indeed going to nuke Baloughahfitz he would have not sent peace. It's as simple as that, Penkala had no intentions of nuking this person and when Penkala knew he wouldn't profit from the raid he resorted to nuclear tactics.

-clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap-

oh wait, there's a thing called IRC.

Way to remove the most important part of the statement.

Edited by Tick1

I was going to post in this topic seriously, but you basically did my work for me. Thanks. :D

That's not what he said at all. He said that mass-raiding an alliance isn't going to war with an alliance. Which is wrong, because it is.

Some dude raiding one nation is annoying and I don't particularly like it but is it not comparable to an alliance government sanctioning mass attacks on another alliance.