Veritas Aequitas Announcement

JWConner

Glad this could be resolved, although like my rap friend AJ I must say the restriction on movement is weird. If they pay the reps and comply then why can't they go as they please?

Also, and take this as advice but not only are you telling the individual not to apply at the listed alliances but you are also telling the alliances listed not to accept them either. And lets not kid ourselves here JW...you know where that goes etc.

So

A: you set yourself up to do nothing when one of these people joins an alliance you 'forbid'

B: You get stomped if you attack any of the alliances you mentioned

Edited by NorthernLights

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voldorish isn't being ZI'd for nuke roguing our alliance.

Voldorish joined VA under false pretenses. As the Sec of AF (2nd in command in military) he was promoted with the current Lord of AF stepping down due to RL issues. With our chain of command, Voldorish was promoted to Lord of AF. I have known Voldorish since our days in CON and we'd never had issues, so to me he was trustworthy.

Now, as Brother Kane has confirmed, Voldorish had planned on attacking VA well before he joined us. Before he was added into the Armed Forces staff and before he was promoted. He joined VA with full intention of attacking our alliance. He messaged our members, gained information and used some of it to his advantage when attacking us. Along with that, he sent messages to VA members so that they would leave the alliance.

This is why NationReaper was originally given higher reps. Instead he chose self-imposed ZI. Considering his warchest was near 300 million, he could rebuild rather quickly. So, to accept his self-imposed ZI, we accepted 15 million per attacked VA member (5).

Glad this could be resolved, although like my rap friend AJ I must say the restriction on movement is weird. If they pay the reps and comply then why can't they go as they please?

Also, and take this as advice but not only are you telling the individual not to apply at the listed alliances but you are also telling the alliances listed not to accept them either. And lets not kid ourselves here JW...you know where that goes etc.

So

A: you set yourself up to do nothing when one of these people joins an alliance you 'forbid'

Heres your chance to lose some of those stats :P

Voldorish joined VA under false pretenses. As the Sec of AF (2nd in command in military) he was promoted with the current Lord of AF stepping down due to RL issues. With our chain of command, Voldorish was promoted to Lord of AF. I have known Voldorish since our days in CON and we'd never had issues, so to me he was trustworthy.

Now, as Brother Kane has confirmed, Voldorish had planned on attacking VA well before he joined us. Before he was added into the Armed Forces staff and before he was promoted. He joined VA with full intention of attacking our alliance. He messaged our members, gained information and used some of it to his advantage when attacking us. Along with that, he sent messages to VA members so that they would leave the alliance.

This is why NationReaper was originally given higher reps. Instead he chose self-imposed ZI. Considering his warchest was near 300 million, he could rebuild rather quickly. So, to accept his self-imposed ZI, we accepted 15 million per attacked VA member (5).

I'm sure he would have attacked you whether you made him gov or not. It's not his fault VA is apparently so devoid of military leadership that a new member can just walk into gov.

So

I can see your point in that portion. To be honest, I didn't see any issue with the part of restricting alliances to join. Brother Kane didn't make a huge issue out of it. If it were such an issue, I would have expected that to have been brought up.

Brother Kane and I share a rather long past, and he doesn't pull punches when we chat. So if he had had an issue with that part, then it would have been dealt with. He made mention of one alliance, we agreed to remove it if he agreed to pay 45 mill in reps, and he chose to leave that alliance on the restricted list.

I guess my question would be to all of you who are jumping down my throat on that 1 stipulation, if it was so horrible, why didn't they object?

Wow, thanks for clearing up nothing. How about you clear up why you think you can unnecessarily restrict their movement, and why you think you can dictate to other alliances who they can and cannot accept as members?

Wow, thanks for clearing up nothing. How about you clear up why you think you can unnecessarily restrict their movement, and why you think you can dictate to other alliances who they can and cannot accept as members?

All members of RIA are given a +50% bonus on nuclear attack damages. We have shared the wealth and our allies get a +25% bonus on nuclear attack damages. It is imperative that neither member join RIA or an ally or they will become a threat to the security of Veritas Aequitas.

I'm sure he would have attacked you whether you made him gov or not. It's not his fault VA is apparently so devoid of military leadership that a new member can just walk into gov.

You can judge from the outside all you wish, but that's not the case. Voldorish was a trusted friend. He was once a VA member. It's not like we took in someone off the streets. We shared a past and had no reason to believe he'd betray us. Thats why he was allowed to come in as the secretary to our Lord of AF. When that Lord had to step down due to other issues [ooc]RL[/ooc], then the successor happened to be NR.

So saying a new member can just walk into gov is ridiculous to say the least. He was a former member and friend of the alliance, or at least thats how he presented himself.

I can see your point in that portion. To be honest, I didn't see any issue with the part of restricting alliances to join. Brother Kane didn't make a huge issue out of it. If it were such an issue, I would have expected that to have been brought up.

Brother Kane and I share a rather long past, and he doesn't pull punches when we chat. So if he had had an issue with that part, then it would have been dealt with. He made mention of one alliance, we agreed to remove it if he agreed to pay 45 mill in reps, and he chose to leave that alliance on the restricted list.

I guess my question would be to all of you who are jumping down my throat on that 1 stipulation, if it was so horrible, why didn't they object?

so Brother Kane agreed to this, what of the other three? and what of the other alliances?

so Brother Kane agreed to this, what of the other three? and what of the other alliances?

He agreed because they were going to ask like $250m in reps to join any alliance he wanted to join... at least that'd be my guess.

Edited by Penkala

You can judge from the outside all you wish, but that's not the case. Voldorish was a trusted friend. He was once a VA member. It's not like we took in someone off the streets. We shared a past and had no reason to believe he'd betray us. Thats why he was allowed to come in as the secretary to our Lord of AF. When that Lord had to step down due to other issues [ooc]RL[/ooc], then the successor happened to be NR.

So saying a new member can just walk into gov is ridiculous to say the least. He was a former member and friend of the alliance, or at least thats how he presented himself.

Wasn't VA one of the alliances that FAN infiltrated back in the day, and had members just walk into government positions? I know it happened to DefCon, but didn't it happen to you guys, too?

So since apparently restricting movement amongst other alliances is considered taboo and looked down upon (unfortunately I was unaware of this previously) Brother Kane and I have come to an agreement.

The restrictions portion of the agreement will be removed once Voldorish posts his apology for his actions. Once that's done, they'll be able to move where they so choose.

He agreed because they were going to ask like $250m in reps to join any alliance he wanted to join... at least that'd be my guess.

well, he knew how big his warchest was, he reported it as being $300m, so my guess is you're right, or very close to being right. They probably would have asked for all of it, or a big chunk of it.

But, then it wouldn't have been made public if that were the case. Harsh reps and all.

Um, no. $45 mill was asked of Brother Kane.

$30 mill and 200 tech to each nation he attacked (90 million and 600 tech) was offered to Voldorish before he chose ZI and 45 mill.

Edited by JWConner

well, he knew how big his warchest was, he reported it as being $300m, so my guess is you're right, or very close to being right. They probably would have asked for all of it, or a big chunk of it.

But, then it wouldn't have been made public if that were the case. Harsh reps and all.

Brother Kane's warchest was $1.6 Billion and he started with $1.8 Billion, they probably would have asked for 300m or so of that. Reaper started with $400m and is down around $300m right now.

To get ONE alliance off the black list. To get ALL of them off you probably would have charged what, $45m each?

Edited by Penkala

$30 mill and 200 tech to each nation he attacked (90 million and 600 tech) was offered to Voldorish before he chose ZI and 45 mill.

Wasn't it to all nations he was at war with? Pretty sure that's why he chose ZI.

Brother Kane's warchest was $1.6 Billion and he started with $1.8 Billion, they probably would have asked for 300m or so of that. Reaper started with $400m and is down around $300m right now.

To get ONE alliance off the black list. To get ALL of them off you probably would have charged what, $45m each?

Thanks for the spy op and sharing it with the world.

Edited by Brother Kane