SNAFU's True Colours

Lord Exodus

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, he does not have permission to continue to use the name SNAFU as an alliance name in other games such as Tribal Wars, so please disengage from him as soon as possible.

Just have him pay royalties.

Edited by Kodiak

What you did LE was wrong! and if SNAFU's posts here is to be take on their word (and I have no reason not to) then the best you can do is to leave them alone and get on with your CN-life. I saw that some one (Invicta, I think) offered you a new home. I too, belive in secound chances and would like offer you a new home because (despite this post) it seems to me like you want to play the game. So feel free to PM me or visit me in #CIA

What you did LE was wrong! and if SNAFU's posts here is to be take on their word (and I have no reason not to) then the best you can do is to leave them alone and get on with your CN-life. I saw that some one (Invicta, I think) offered you a new home. I too, belive in secound chances and would like offer you a new home because (despite this post) it seems to me like you want to play the game. So feel free to PM me or visit me in #CIA

Eh...we did no such thing. :P We have taken in troublemakers to give them second chances before (baseballer comes to mind), but LE here was not one of them. We've stood behind SNAFU's decisions the whole way. :)

Goddess, I have no desire to bar Exodus from a second chance but you realize it goes deeper than this post right?

Eh...we did no such thing. :P We have taken in troublemakers to give them second chances before (baseballer comes to mind), but LE here was not one of them. We've stood behind SNAFU's decisions the whole way. :)

Well, to be fair, LE didn't apply to us. Had he done so with his new nation, we would have given him the same hearing which we give other nations who people aren't trying to destroy. Whether we'd have accepted him, I don't know, but given this thread, I think an application is not something we're likely to see.

Your replies seem to be based on the premise that I'm guilty of some terrible crime, probably because you mistakenly accept SNAFU accusations as fact.

Endlessly it seems to be ignored that I only removed my own guides from the SNAFU forums and that this fact is being challenged by the very alliance which stood to lose from my resignation.

Stetson76 launched his campaign (quite successfully) to defame me by utilising the support of his alliance and personal allies who would also join in, adding derogatory commentary about my character alongside laughable fabrications. In his campaign he managed not once to provide evidence of his case, playing it out much like an ordinary real world 'smear campaign'.

For me the agony is not that there seem to be many opinionated members on this forum readily supporting baseless campaigns, but rather that rational judgement and inquiry seem to have been wiped out here.

Sure some people have persisted with the argument that it's "common sense" that an alliance naturally owns that produced of its members, however herein lies several flaws to this method of thought.

Firstly, the most obvious being, what is "common sense" and what is not? The definition of what is, or is not common sense will vary between individuals. Stetson76 made an assumption that was unknown to me, then expected me to be capable of abiding by his assumed understanding.

Secondly, I would like to indicate that simply because an alliance feels that it is "common sense" that it may keep guides produced by its members without direct consent, does not make this proposition true, nor does it trump real world law protecting intellectual properties. As an Australian citizen I am afforded this understanding, and I did think that Americans (as I believe Stetson76 claims to be) are also of such an understanding and enforce very similar intellectual property laws as Australia. If anything, "common sense" would have dictated that your values assimilated with the intellectual property laws; a product of democratic governing.

Furthermore, Stetson76 could have prevented such a grievous misunderstanding by directly disclosing his position on the matter earlier and making an agreement with myself. He did not do this. Instead he chose to later ambush me with this "common sense" argument.

I would have thought that his knowledge of my political leanings would further have discouraged him from making the assumption that I sympathised with his "common sense" ideal whereby property ownership is forfeited without consent or agreement, or any kind of contract.

As Stetson76's campaign evolved it seems he realised the support he'd garnered from his proficient rhetoric, resultantly demanding the public availability of my guides in order to appease the very situation he had created. This move was a well calculated one; lending SNAFU the admiration of the community for proposing the public provisioning of an arsenal of free guides and belittling the apparent villainous Lord Exodus all while returning SNAFU the opportunity to obtain copies of the guides they'd lost in my resignation.

Quite rightly, I refused these terms. Accepting these terms would have implied my guilt, and supplied SNAFU the opportunity to regain the guides. Considering their vicious allegations, I was hardly going to reward them in such a manner.

This topic was initiated with the intent to try to reveal the nature of SNAFU more honestly than when SNAFU attempted to portray me. Unfortunately it seems there are many who wish to endlessly regurgitate unsupported SNAFU claims, expecting some kind of explanation to grossly misrepresented acts. However, as I cannot complete the fairytale Stetson76 started to tell, I have instead above explained what I believe to be the pivotal points in understanding the campaign led against me.

I find it entertaining that one of their members said this:

LE's response in OWF is one of life's perfect examples of a person who is both shallow and callow.

le is a mendacious, sanctimonious !@#$%^& and he is a doodoo-head.

Calling me callow, then later calling me a "doodoo-head"?

In fact, I believe SNAFU members have resorted to name calling on several occasions if I recall correctly, which is hardly the behaviour of "mature" and morally upstanding persons I would have thought. Then again, it is one of the few tactics at their disposal given their baseless argument.

Some of you also argue that I should "just move on". No doubt that argument is easy to make when you are not the target of such a campaign, but unfortunately for me, I was. As such I think it's fair I clear my name of this gross injustice, something I think anyone in my position would do.

So, exactly what was unsupported?

The only thing I can think that you might be disagreeing with is my assertion that you edited our existing guides and that you didn't create them out of your own knowledge and experience.

To this I would ask did you, or did you not put your "stamp" on every guide you deleted that said "Compiled by Lord Exodus"? Think hard, because despite your assertions that our goal in offering you the deal we did, was to get your guides back, we have backups of the forums on a weekly basis since before you joined. We COULD recover them if we wanted, but decided to redo them it' s not like you added anything important to the existing guides.

So back to "compiled"...when you posted your versions of our guides you (who has a sufficient vocabulary to know the difference) put that stamp on them to indicate that you were not the original author and just re-did or compiled the information our existing guides to the version you posted.

The only other comment I will address is the idea that we could have just spoken to you and all would have been resolved. A man of your mental acuity should surely realize that when you tell someone that the clandestine act you just pulled is an "act of impertinance" you've pretty much indicated that further discussion would be fruitless.

Anyway, if you actually have any "unfounded claims" that I've made and you'd like me to answer I will.

Other than that, have fun. :D

Endlessly it seems to be ignored that I only removed my own guides from the SNAFU forums

Significant circumstancial evidence has been provided that you only edited existing guides, and that does not make them yours. That makes the rest of your post completely irrelevant, although I would say that material produced for an alliance while a government member at least entitles that alliance to keep using it after you leave.

(OOC: RL intellectual property laws are not relevant to CN. And anyway, if you read the disclaimer when you sign up to a forum, you're usually signing away your rights in that regard by posting it.)

Guides shmides. Most are the same anyway. I'm sure a few alliances have a little extra secret here and there but on a fundamental level most would look like carbon copies. I think I speak for everyone when I say get over it and move on because nobody really carers about your plight in this case.

Your replies seem to be based on the premise that I'm guilty of some terrible crime, probably because you mistakenly accept SNAFU accusations as fact.

*snip*

No, my reply was not. I suggest you read it again, with your full attention this time.