Earth RP Map Thread and Rules

loannes

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As war GM I'm instating a few new rules to avoid future arguments:

- Any defensive or offensive equipment produced, soldiers recruited, or any other kind of military-related... anything, will take 2 real-life days before it can come into effect. This will stop people god-modding by for example building a full nuclear arsenal just before or as a war begins.

- As a reminder, you can at most employ 10% of your nation's population into your forces, and that is with full conscription in effect. Remember though, if for example China recruited 100 million soldiers, it would be considered far too large to cater for and mobilise, so don't fret.

- You may NOT RP the damages of the defending nation on which you are assaulting. However, they must make sensible damage RPs and these will be monitored by the GMs.

- No lasers. :rolleyes:

- Any defensive or offensive equipment produced, soldiers recruited, or any other kind of military-related... anything, will take 2 real-life days before it can come into effect. This will stop people god-modding by for example building a full nuclear arsenal just before or as a war begins.

There has to be a limit. I won't stand for 100,000 tanks and 1,000,000 elite troops being built/trained in 30 RP days.

There has to be a limit. I won't stand for 100,000 tanks and 1,000,000 elite troops being built/trained in 30 RP days.

100,000 tanks is pushing it, obviously.

1,000,000 troops could be conscripted in 30 days, but even the most basic of training would surely take at least three months for each of them. Let alone becoming 'elite'.

This makes me question one thing. Am i allowed to tally up the forces of the nations I currently occupy, to get a total count?

That being, Japan, Korea (North and South), Phillipines, and the South Pacific Mandate.

As for my estimates, i'd total upwards to almost 2.5 million troops in active duty, and almost 9 million in reserve.

This makes me question one thing. Am i allowed to tally up the forces of the nations I currently occupy, to get a total count?

That being, Japan, Korea (North and South), Phillipines, and the South Pacific Mandate.

As for my estimates, i'd total upwards to almost 2.5 million troops in active duty, and almost 9 million in reserve.

Providing that is within the 10% boundary, yes that is acceptable.

100,000 tanks is pushing it, obviously.

1,000,000 troops could be conscripted in 30 days, but even the most basic of training would surely take at least three months for each of them. Let alone becoming 'elite'.

It seems to me that we ought to make some rules regarding logistics. Logistics are an enormous part of warfare and the reason why nations win or lose. It is why Germany decimated France over and over in the 19th and 20th centuries, despite France's military superiority to Germany. It also is the reason why the United States' military budget is so high, despite the military being less than 1% of the population.

Logistical rules need to be created for the simple fact that it takes so, so much money to support an Amry like every nation had in World War II, especially the USSR or the US, and you simply cannot have that without reasonable logistic preparation that also makes logical sense based on your nation's size, infrastructure, population, GDP, and Industrial Capacity. This also leads to the need for a factbook for all nations as a reference tool for all nations, specifically for GDP and Population.

The idea of industrial capacity leads me to another thought, that we need some equations to calculate this, though what they could be I have no idea, and thus must simply put out a call for those who would know what they are doing to try and invent something...

i claim the lands known as Mozambique and Swaziland (that white area to the left of madagascar on the african coast and that small annoying dot) and hereby name it as The Republic of Mozambique

sorry if im doing anything wrong, by the way. im new (obviously) and not completely sure how this works. i read that giant guide (or at least most of it) by Zarfef, so i think i know what im doing. however, if im doing something wrong, just tell me XD

ill role play my existence tomorrow, its late right now :\

i claim the lands known as Mozambique and Swaziland (that white area to the left of madagascar on the african coast and that small annoying dot) and hereby name it as The Republic of Mozambique

sorry if im doing anything wrong, by the way. im new (obviously) and not completely sure how this works. i read that giant guide (or at least most of it) by Zarfef, so i think i know what im doing. however, if im doing something wrong, just tell me XD

Tip for Not Getting Lol'd At: Use proper grammar. Everyone hates reading RPs without punctuation and grammar.

I too claim those same lands under the name Mozambique Confederacy (in conflict).

Edit: Grammar

Edited by thenb