An announcement

Lynneth

Unfortunately that is not how the Dragon Empire started, they expanded just as any Empire does, perhaps not through war, but expansion nonetheless. They control Asia through peaceful means and give promises of independence to the countries around them. Holy Rome is doing the same thing at yet the countries of Asia did not need to join Dragonisia, they chose to. Just as the countries of Europe do not need to join Holy Rome unless they choose to. Just as nations do not need to join your Eurasian Union unless they want to. Do not hold one Empire to one standard and another Empire to another, it only causes tension. Member states of the Eurasian Union should be just as friendly to Holy Rome as they are to the Dragons. All three blocs want peace, why not work together?

"The Eurasian Union's not a comparison. It's invite-only. And the EU doesn't work with the HRE because we don't like their intentions. The DE is also different from the HRE because they didn't set their borders on their declaration of existence. HRE's opening statement blatantly said that they wanted that land."

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Oates released the following statement to the press after hearing of the scheme to reunite Europe, "I do not feel that any power should control 100% of Germany's industrial power house, let alone control half of Europe! I implore the nations of Europe to use their better judgement and put an end to this maniac before he tries to achieve his plan. Diplomatically or otherwise."

Sverige is not seeing any claims, only someone striving for something.

So by your logic it would be just dandy for me or my Polish comrade to strive for uniting either of the following empires?

Poland-Lithuania

IRP_1466.PNG

or perhaps Greater Moravia?

Great_moravia_svatopluk.png

or maybe Samo's Kingdom?

Samovo_kraljevstvo.png

or perhaps even the Austrian Empire! After all, it did such a fantastic job of linking together the many cultures of it, just as the Bavarian said!

Austrian_empire.png

"The Eurasian Union's not a comparison. It's invite-only. And the EU doesn't work with the HRE because we don't like their intentions. The DE is also different from the HRE because they didn't set their borders on their declaration of existence. HRE's opening statement blatantly said that they wanted that land."

Actions speak louder than words. If Holy Rome invades Lubeck, or the Netherlands, or Rhienmark, or Prussia, or Dalmatia, or the Commonwealth, or Rebel Army, etc. then you can expect Hanseatic troops to help out to push back this demon. However, until that time comes to past, those were the past claims of the Holy Roman Empire. If they have a goal, who cares if they say it. Just because you have a goal, doesn't mean it will be reached. But considering you said that you have no intention of trusting the HRE, your largest neighbor at the time. I guess it doesn't really matter.

So by your logic it would be just dandy for me or my Polish comrade to strive for uniting either of the following empires?

Poland-Lithuania

IRP_1466.PNG

or perhaps Greater Moravia?

Great_moravia_svatopluk.png

or maybe Samo's Kingdom?

Samovo_kraljevstvo.png

or perhaps even the Austrian Empire! After all, it did such a fantastic job of linking together the many cultures of it, just as the Bavarian said!

Austrian_empire.png

You can wish for it...fine...but its up to you if you want to invade the sovereign nations that occupy those lands. Holy Rome has yet move troops. I am positive that the world will not just sit back at a nation openly invading another sovereign nation for no good reason, whether a grudge, or manifest destiny, and so on. Though with the addition to Hungary, the greatest of the past is coming closer. If we forgot to give the Commonwealth our congratulations, the Magyars will prosper under your rule.

Actions speak louder than words. If Holy Rome invades Lubeck, or the Netherlands, or Rhienmark, or Prussia, or Dalmatia, or the Commonwealth, or Rebel Army, etc. then you can expect Hanseatic troops to help out to push back this demon. However, until that time comes to past, those were the past claims of the Holy Roman Empire. If they have a goal, who cares if they say it. Just because you have a goal, doesn't mean it will be reached. But considering you said that you have no intention of trusting the HRE, your largest neighbor at the time. I guess it doesn't really matter.

"Hanseatic troops wouldn't be necessary. I daresay Europe can hold back a Holy Roman attack without their help."

"Overreaction is a common theme in European politics.

Do note that Bavaria is but a part of the Empire now, as are Austria and Slovenia."

"Yes, that statement seems to be most unfortunately true. sEven some of the so-called 'neutral' nations are condemning you."

'We also apologize for misnaming you. Our records will need to be updated."

"Yes, that statement seems to be most unfortunately true. sEven some of the so-called 'neutral' nations are condemning you."

That's because the neutral countries will be the the first to be threatened. Our independence is at stake here and so is the independence of others.

Edited by DeRaadspensionaris

Unfortunately that is not how the Dragon Empire started, they expanded just as any Empire does, perhaps not through war, but expansion nonetheless. They control Asia through peaceful means and give promises of independence to the countries around them. Holy Rome is doing the same thing at yet the countries of Asia did not need to join Dragonisia, they chose to. Just as the countries of Europe do not need to join Holy Rome unless they choose to. Just as nations do not need to join your Eurasian Union unless they want to. Do not hold one Empire to one standard and another Empire to another, it only causes tension. Member states of the Eurasian Union should be just as friendly to Holy Rome as they are to the Dragons. All three blocs want peace, why not work together?

"The difference, as some have pointed out.. I didn't come up with a map with existing states and lay it out in front of the world and say...'Hey, these are the people we'd love to have join the empire or to annex.. lets get them to join or roll them.' There was no pressure, no map, no claim based on any form of pretense. It was an invitation. This.. is a mixed bag. It is an invitation crossed with a declaration with a little bit of pretense mixed in based on what some could call a historically based claim to land which might border on a CB against unwilling states. That's dangerous."

That's because the neutral countries will be the the first to be threatened. Our independence is at stake here and so is the independence of others.

"The government of Kitex would like to state that the Austrian Empire has promised to use peaceful means and also they have not even done anything yet, so every one needs to calm down and just wait until you have a good amount of information before getting militaries ready to fight."

"The difference, as some have pointed out.. I didn't come up with a map with existing states and lay it out in front of the world and say...'Hey, these are the people we'd love to have join the empire or to annex.. lets get them to join or roll them.' There was no pressure, no map, no claim based on any form of pretense. It was an invitation. This.. is a mixed bag. It is an invitation crossed with a declaration with a little bit of pretense mixed in based on what some could call a historically based claim to land which might border on a CB against unwilling states. That's dangerous."

"The Empire will not invade anyone.

We will defend ourselves if attacked, yes. But we will not attack others.

Those who join the Empire shall do so willingly, without being forced into it."

"You're absolutely right Mr. Chairman." Said the representative. "And if they invade they will be utterly destroyed by the power of Eurasia. Though I would hope that you would wait for that time."

EDITED: Grammar...

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

"The government of Kitex would like to state that the Austrian Empire has promised to use peaceful means and also they have not even done anything yet, so every one needs to calm down and just wait until you have a good amount of information before getting militaries ready to fight."

So you say that because they have not yet done anything, that they shouldn't be prevented from doing anything in the future? Do you not brush your teeth because they have not yet obtained a cavity?

The United Netherlands disagrees because history has shown that behind the velvet there is usually an iron fist.

So you say that because they have not yet done anything, that they shouldn't be prevented from doing anything in the future? Do you not brush your teeth because they have not yet obtained a cavity?

"So just because we could, theoretically, break our promise and attack another nation, you are already planning to attack us?

Is this what you're saying?"

We believe the opening statements of the new HRE was in fact an invitation to the various countries in the region, not a threat, or a dark omen. Similarly to the RUSSIAN pact which outlined the territories of the Soviet Union and Russian Empire. We didn’t force anyone to join who didn’t want to, but if they did they were welcome. To be honest we perceive this to be and ridiculous fear of German unity, even by many who consider themselves German, and that pattern needs to be broken.

"You are aware of the simple, effective battlefield tactic, the ambuscade, yes? It is possible to do that with large-scale tactics. Blitzkrieg. A nation can show a facade of peace and neutrality, and once their neighbors are duped, strike hard. The strength of the HRE makes this just so much easier."

"So just because we could, theoretically, break our promise and attack another nation, you are already planning to attack us?

Is this what you're saying?"

You complain and moan about my allies and me mincing your words, then you go and do the exact same thing to us? Truly, you are the face of hypocrisy in this new world without FOX.

"You are aware of the simple, effective battlefield tactic, the ambuscade, yes? It is possible to do that with large-scale tactics. Blitzkrieg. A nation can show a facade of peace and neutrality, and once their neighbors are duped, strike hard. The strength of the HRE makes this just so much easier."

"Yes, but if they do attack, then the world will condemn them and many nations, including Kitex, will send soldiers to Europe to help fight Empire forces."

"It's not me you have to worry about.." He chuckled.

The representative smiled. "Oh good I'm glad that at least one country isn't already planning the destruction of a nation that really hasn't done anything besides muttering a few words." Cocking his head at the chuckling, he only grinned back. "Though by your chuckling, I would expect that plans are already underway for the virtuous nations of Europe to wipe out this devil. Shame really, say a few words and the world goes insane. But there was just a way and no one played a bit of attention to it. Oh well, I guess that's how the world works nowadays."

You complain and moan about my allies and me mincing your words, then you go and do the exact same thing to us? Truly, you are the face of hypocrisy in this new world without FOX.

"I asked for a clarification, because your comment did make it seem that you were planning to invade us.

That is all, no more, no less."