Nuke Kobiashiy, Y/N

Sakura

Nuke Poll  

229 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you have anything to base this on or are you just talking out of your $@!?

Do you have anything to base your statement on? Of course Vox was outspoken about NPO and made life at least somewhat difficult on them. But at its peak they had maybe 250 members (most of which where there cause it was the "cool" thing to do) only maybe 100 were true to the cause (if that many). There are far more than that outspoken against the ills of NPO now that they are soundly defeated.

disclamer: If my numbers for Vox numbers are far off base, I welcome any former Vox member that was in the know to correct me.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have anything to base your statement on? Of course Vox was outspoken about NPO and made life at least somewhat difficult on them. But at its peak they had maybe 250 members (most of which where there cause it was the "cool" thing to do) only maybe 100 were true to the cause (if that many). There are far more than that outspoken against the ills of NPO now that they are soundly defeated.

disclamer: If my numbers for Vox numbers are far off base, I welcome any former Vox member that was in the know to correct me.

It is only common sense strategy that if you oppose the oppressive leadership, and if making the opposition would only serve to get you killed, then your goal is to bide your time. Put yourself in a position to put an end to it. Do not mistake the lack of vocal opposition towards Pacificas policies as a weakness in those opposed. Waiting for the right time is simply the best option. You even notice the funny thing about martyrs? They are dead. So many people act as though everyone who opposed Pacifica should have stood up 1 by 1 and said "Hey, my goal is to kill Pacifica." That would have ended well.

Edited by Rush Sykes

So, now that NPO is on peace terms it's ok to do what they "supposedly" got rolled for?

Ohh cool.

To be fair, not necessarily everyone participated in the crucifixion of the New Pacific Order... likewise, people only followed the teachings of Christ after murdering him.

There's (IMO) a difference between someone deciding to raid someone, and realizing that they aren't particularly liked, and offering to nuke that person for tech -- and NPO.

Among the reasons mentioned on IRC include him applying to another alliance, and then *TWO* days later, creating his 'new' alliance.

I am interested in what NSO has to say on the subject -- seeing as Kobiashiy did copy/heavily emulate their theme.

There's (IMO) a difference between someone deciding to raid someone, and realizing that they aren't particularly liked, and offering to nuke that person for tech -- and NPO.

Among the reasons mentioned on IRC include him applying to another alliance, and then *TWO* days later, creating his 'new' alliance.

I am interested in what NSO has to say on the subject -- seeing as Kobiashiy did copy/heavily emulate their theme.

I have talked to a lot of NSO government..

lol. this is funny sakura. when i said yeah you should make a poll i didnt think u were actually gonna do it. haha. we already know what my answer is. I didnt read the whole thread, but im sure GDA has been brought up already cuz its 5 pages already. Sakura attacked before GDA "kind of officially" said they were gonna protect Kobis alliance. So GDA cant say anything since Kobi was unprotected at the time the war was declared\

The real question is what will GDA do? If they don't stand up for Kobiashiy then I'll lose any respect for them. Are you going to hold up your end of the bargain, GDA?

there was no "their end of the bargain" at the time the war was decalred. just a "we are still figuring out if we wanna protect them and will let you know if/when we sign anything"

Edited by Newhotness

WHAT A HEINOUS CRIME! Making his own alliance after applying to another alloiance! THE HORROR! Did he not think of the children?

lol. this is funny sakura. when i said yeah you should make a poll i didnt think u were actually gonna do it. haha. we already know what my answer is. I didnt read the whole thread, but im sure GDA has been brought up already cuz its 5 pages already. Sakura attacked before GDA "kind of officially" said they were gonna protect Kobis alliance. So GDA cant say anything since Kobi was unprotected at the time the war was declared\

there was no "their end of the bargain" at the time the war was decalred. just a "we are still figuring out if we wanna protect them and will let you know if/when we sign anything"

Actually they posted saying they would protect us, and she attacked after..

If you could provide us with evidence both of an announced treaty and the time of war declaration that would be fantastic.

Until then, :P

Contrary to popular belief, a treaty does not need announced to be real. The announcement only serve as a hailfest and photo op for the protector and protectee. They publicly announced in the 1st post of the DoE thread for his new alliance, that they protected him, and were only waiting to finalize signatures. But you go ahead, keep trying to make the fail case that he was unprotected at the time of the attack.

Hmm, interesting. Unless I was told incorrectly, Internet Superheroes is a signatory of The Bus Doctrine, which states:

Section 1- The Use of Military

Stipulation i - In particular, the signatories of PWN will be looking at instances of excessive force and extortion during tech raids against pink nations. In this situation, the signatories reserve the right to militaristic response.

This seems to be excessive force, so I'm a little thrown off by the fact that a government member would be doing this.

EDIT: Yes I realize that that is only about protecting IS, but this seems like it's like "Do as we say, not as we do."

Edited by Poobah

Contrary to popular belief, a treaty does not need announced to be real. The announcement only serve as a hailfest and photo op for the protector and protectee. They publicly announced in the 1st post of the DoE thread for his new alliance, that they protected him, and were only waiting to finalize signatures. But you go ahead, keep trying to make the fail case that he was unprotected at the time of the attack.

He was unprotected, as the treaty was not announced. I've been raided under similar circumstance trying to form alliances before, raiders do not accept "THEY'LL ANNOUNCE IT TOMORROW" as an answer.

He was unprotected, as the treaty was not announced. I've been raided under similar circumstance trying to form alliances before, raiders do not accept "THEY'LL ANNOUNCE IT TOMORROW" as an answer.

Doesn't matter it says I am protected and that is all that matters, it says it will be posted in coming days but it says I'm protected and I am protected as GDA has said.