The Unjust War

Essenia

Unjust War  

760 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~, Norden Verein. I remember it well; the only alliances on our side facing more fronts were NpO and GGA, and even though we had vastly sub-par war reserves, we managed to bring RnR to surrender without any help on that front. It was when I dished out my first nuke on a GOONS opponent, and I was awarded the alliance's highest distinction for coordinating our war aid efforts single-handedly and spearheading peace negotiations. It was pretty much the most fun I've ever had in this game.

I was in ICON, a NATO protectorate. We hit some low to mid range GOONS and decimated them pretty well.

I'm happy ~ won and I still think the world was a better place because of that. IMO, some prominent members of the UJP alliances and the practices that they advanced were a plague on the game that needed to be eradicated.

Edit: Just found this:

Whoops. I meant ICON. ICON was Duncan King's first allianec attempt. I got my first ZI-for-OWF comments threats from IRON for saying that ICON fought better than IRON it was fun times as I developed my early posting attitude :D Some months later DK told me he felt really cool bc ICON was being trolled on the OWF (so they "must have hit the big time"). UjW and the few months after were a lot of fun for a troll. All that you can take my infra but not my keyboard taunting.

Yep, we loved that Schatt trolled us. He'd had a special place in my heart since then. :D

Edited by Duncan King

Why would I joke about a true statement? What's the point?

\m/ was amazing and we are awesome enough to be able to see that.

As a former member I'll say it was massively inferior to any alliance I'd been in before or since. Terrible organisation, terrible community, terrible attitude, and only a couple of decent leaders who got themselves banned before quitting. I really don't get the players who cling to the belief its worth remembering.

As a former member I'll say it was massively inferior to any alliance I'd been in before or since. Terrible organisation, terrible community, terrible attitude, and only a couple of decent leaders who got themselves banned before quitting. I really don't get the players who cling to the belief its worth remembering.

Quoting this because it is factually correct, although i am not a former member (thank god)

As a former member who joined when it was a baby alliance and was there until it disbanded, I'll say it was massively superior to any other alliance I've been in since (not before, it was my first alliance). I'm sure it boosted my opinion of the alliance being there to deal with all the hard times and all the crap we faced before the sanction, but I don't feel that was the only reason I loved the alliance and still do.

In my opinion, it was a great community, had good goals, was well organized, knew how to fight, played the game well, had good programs in all areas, and most importantly, was fun. There are lots of other reasons I believe it was a great alliance besides that.

\m/ - greatest alliance ever in CN. Hataz will be hataz.

Oh hello, I just remembered that I was a member too actually, when Lyon S. Kennedy convinced me to join some time in ... February 2007? Between GW2 and GW3 at least.

Except in actual fact I am pretty sure that it was still squintyface then (and not yet \m/), and I was any way only member for a day before Ninja R let me leave intact. Does that count at all?

:hakai:

Oh hello, I just remembered that I was a member too actually, when Lyon S. Kennedy convinced me to join some time in ... February 2007? Between GW2 and GW3 at least.

Except in actual fact I am pretty sure that it was still squintyface then (and not yet \m/), and I was any way only member for a day before Ninja R let me leave intact. Does that count at all?

:hakai:

Yeah I remember when you were in there for like one second. That was so boss.

Polar at the time, I can't say I wanted GOONS and the UJP to go. I had actually written my resignation post for Polaris in order to join GOONS about a month before the UJP !@#$storm, and ended up keeping it to myself because I knew GOONS was about to trip and bite it. Still, having them and the awesome GOONS leadership around, along with all the \m/ and gay[m]en members would certainly make CN a more interesting place.

In fact, what CN truly needs right now is more 404, banned member, mpol, and lulz to stir the pot. The Karma war certainly set it up for such shenanigans to take place; now all we need is the leadership with experience in such unjust ways.

I do not mind a little light-hearted shenanigans provided it is all in fun.

But it must not go too far this time.

The occasional semi-serious/semi-joke topic or alliance war surrender terms with a funny clause like post a picture of three lamps in your surrender post for example were some of the good lulz.

I like lulz when they are good clean fun that everyone can have a good laugh about and it enhances the game for all.

All things are good in moderation and lulz are no exception.

Quoting this because aside from the former member thing everything stated represents my opinion pretty much accurately.

I -especially- hated trying to work with \m/ during the UJW.

Quoting this because aside from the former member thing everything stated represents my opinion pretty much accurately.

Sad that most opinions now seem to be based on \m/ last 2 months alive, when most of its original leadership was gone (myself included). It is also sad that those opinions are blown so far out of proportion, but that's beside the point. \m/ was going through a transition period where it was very vulnerable, which just happened to be when the UJW struck. The timing was awful. Given another month, I believe things would have been a lot different. But that's what people remember, and one short period in \m/'s history is what dozens of people base their entire opinion of the alliance on. Ridiculous.

Honestly if you aren't a former member how can you know for sure? You may not like the attitude, but when \m/ was at its height it was run just as well as any other alliance, if not better.

Honestly if you aren't a former member how can you know for sure? You may not like the attitude, but when \m/ was at its height it was run just as well as any other alliance, if not better.

When was \m/ at it's height?

When was \m/ at it's height?

In my opinion, it was from the time LE and Zam joined, through LE/R's bannings. That was an epic period.

Before then, we were a struggling small alliance with an epic name; afterward, we were s massive sanctioned alliance with no clear direction or solid leadership.