Hegemony Era Stagnancy and the Modern Age: Startling Continuities

heggo

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel free to attack us or any of our allies and see how neutral we really are, then. Yes, this is a call out.

Do it.

Yes, you'll shoot back if I attack you. You sure proved me wrong when I was saying you're all a bunch of dirty isolationists. Oh wait.

Have you read your own charter? Or my prior response to this argument, for that matter? Your policies hamstring you from taking power of any sort, as seen by your lack of members, with the final impact being that you sit around and spout lots of rhetoric, without actually taking a stake in the system.

It's ironic that you post this in a thread in which you are spouting rhetoric and ignoring the fact that you are taking no more of a stake in the system than anyone else. We don't mean to take power. We promote peace, that is our stake. What's yours?

Don't slander me sir. It was your very own alliance mate who said that your sole ambition is to rule the world of stats.

You made the intellectual (or perhaps, non-intellectual) leap from this statement that statistics were more important than allies:

I guess our ambitions are political stability for ourselves and our allies and continued statistical dominance in game.
Wait, so now you're ambition is to ... sit around stat collect? Well mission accomplished then, for whatever that's worth. Let's just hope your allies never ask you to do something that my jeopardize your precious stats.

Read it again and try to understand why your inference is silly.  Anyways, no problem, happy to correct your misunderstandings.

Edited by Dr. Dan

Right that is our sole ambition. Did you miss the part about political stability for us and our allies?

Political stability is a means, not an end. A mean was mentioned and it was associated only with the end of stat collection. In your own post.

Yes, you'll shoot back if I attack you. You sure proved me wrong when I was saying you're all a bunch of dirty isolationists. Oh wait.

So you baawwwed when people told you what to do, and now you're baawwwing when they aren't?

Perhaps I do this because my political philosophy is better than your political philosophy. Better at attaining glory, better at galvanizing Planet Bob to action, better at creating conflict (the driver of all progress), and better for [ooc] keeping cybernations healthy as a whole.[/ooc]
Then why don't you have NSO and Frosbite lead by example and start issuing decrees and ultimatums against other alliances/blocs? Edited by Jinnai

Don't slander me sir. It was your very own alliance mate who said that your sole ambition is to rule the world of stats.
I guess our ambitions are political stability for ourselves and our allies and continued statistical dominance in game. And trust me our diplomatic team is hard at work meeting with other alliances. We are also striving to develop our nations at a faster rate than any other alliance in CN. Just because we aren't making wacky decrees on the OWF or beating down small alliances doesn't mean we are idle.

I emphasized the relavant parts since you conveniently skim parts of posts in order to spin things. Not to mention that TOP is a democracy. You preach to others to read their own charter, maybe you should read TOP's to realize that we are a democracy. That means that individuals hold their own opinions. That also means that no one person can speak on behalf of TOP, excluding maybe the GM, GH, or GC. You cry slander, yet you speak it as well. This thread reeks of hypocrisy.

Any alliance that truly threatens us will see how "neutral" we are. We aren't just going to go out and pick a fight because we are stronger than everyone.

Granted, you don't want to be that, but that is the point. Stagnant and boring. Someone has to be the villain-by-perspective or this is just one bad TV show.

It's ironic that you post this in a thread in which you are spouting rhetoric and ignoring the fact that you are taking no more of a stake in the system than anyone else. We don't mean to take power. We promote peace, that is our stake. What's yours?

I'd say we have a stake roughly 14 times your size. And peace is a lie.

So you baawwwed when people told you what to do, and now you're baawwwing when they aren't?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Then why don't you have NSO and Frosbite lead by example and start issuing decrees and ultimatums?

I said try, not fail.

I emphasized the relavant parts since you conveniently skim parts of posts in order to spin things. Not to mention that TOP is a democracy. You preach to others to read their own charter, maybe you should read TOP's to realize that we are a democracy. That means that individuals hold their own opinions.

I already answered that by pointing out that political stability is only a means to an end, yet your lack of ambition means that there isn't actually an end involved at all. So I guess TOP's policies are like one long road to nowhere?

Oh, and I don't care that you're a democracy- in fact, it's all the worse that so many of you are so misled.

You haven't done anything more noteworthy than the other alliances your size.

Keep telling yourself that.

You and yours keep preaching this same old hymn over and over. What have you done? Put up, or shut up.

We've given the world our resume in the past, but everytime we do y'all just accuse us of showing off. Sheesh. Make up your minds about what you want us to do.

You and yours keep preaching this same old hymn over and over. What have you done? Put up, or shut up.

We've made white peace popular again, pioneered the practice of allowing people currently on ZI lists to join our ranks, challenged the notion that you needed a silly piece of paper to assist your friends in war, challenged the idea of outdated idea of "poaching" and finally, won every war we've been involved in. And all in the first 5 months of our existence! That's all I could think of off the top of my head.....

I think you meant to quote someone else. Your reply has nothing to do with what I said. Just saying.

But anyway,

This thread openly challenges the meaningless existence that is your poor alliance and the philosophy by which it and others exist.

Again, just saying.. URemicons-SpongeBob-012.gif

Edited by SpoiL

Ah ha, I take it by your silence that this system does not exist and that we should not have a stake in it.

+1 Paradise

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but the system is the international system and that you should take a stake in it is self evident- it stems from your existence, after all. Does that clarify enough for you?

snip

Truth is, you ditched tC knowing the war would come. Maybe you didn't know what the precise CB would be, but surely you saw the writing on the wall. And if you didn't see the writing on the wall, that in many ways speaks worse of you than if you had merely ditched them. It implies ignorant blundering, rather than mere cowardice. In any case, that you want us to believe that so many coincidences occurred is absurd.