Papal Tour for World Peace

KingChris

OOC: My Step-Father is currently in ICU after Triple-A surgery (Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm). I just got back tonight with a stomach virus and worries now that my Step-Father has pneumonia. Not a pleasant time in my family. Lemme get my head on straight with this RP. Thanx! :)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"MI hotline, this is Neidhart."

"It's Zenigma, I'm with Clutario. I've just tried to cancel an order from the king to terminate a suspect under Bull IPTIII3. We need you to talk to His Royal Highness about this."

"Got it."

Minutes later, the Cardinal arrived at the King's Residence, showed the guards there official documents allowing his entry, and rushed into the dining hall where the Roayl Family was having a peaceful lunch.

"Your Royal Highness, this is urgent!" Pulling the King aside, the Cardinal said, "A Catholic official just tried to abort an order given by you to terminate those involved in trying to assassinate the Pope. Now before you make a decision to keep this, first let me share with you this: firstly, the suspect has not been put under trial, so we don't know if he's guilty or not. Secondly, You pledged allegiance to the Church, which may put representatives of the Church such as myself above you. Thirdly, the Church is strictly against capital punishment. Fourthly, the suspect committed no crime in your country, so therefore it is our responsibility. Fifthly, the late Pope issued a bull not to kill those guilty. Disobeying the Pope after pledging allegiance risks excommunication from the Church, depending on what exactly was ignored. Please choose wisely, Your Highness."

OOC: Alright, hope everything goes well. Too bad you'll miss the funeral though.

OOC: Man, you really put words into Neidhart's mouth. Well, here goes:

After hearing what Neidhart had to say, King Raymond looked stunned at the tone of his longtime ally and friend. He patted Neidhart on the back and walked into the Royal study with Neidhart in tow. King Raymond goes to the cooler and pulls out a bottle of Palm Cola. He offers the Cardinal a bottle. The Cardinal takes the bottle and drinks from it. The King goes behind his desk, takes a gulp from the bottle, and then gestures to the Cardinal.

-

HRH King Raymond II: Informally?

-

Neidhart: [stupefied] Of course.

-

HRH King Raymond II: James, who presided over my First Communion?

-

The Cardinal's eyes raise at the question.

-

Neidhart: Monsignor Cummings

-

HRH King Raymond II: And?

-

Neidhart: Myself.

-

HRH King Raymond II: That's right. Two weeks out of the Seminary, you are concelebrating at my First Communion. Who did my Confirmation?

-

Neidhart: Monsignor, now Cardinal, Romano and myself.

-

Neidhart starts to look sheepishly as King Raymond makes hand gestures

-

HRH King Raymond II: Who presided at my wedding?

-

Neidhart: I did.

-

King Raymond looks a bit shocked. Cardinal Neidhart looks a bit ashamed.

-

HRH King Raymond II: After all these years that you have been in my life, all the years that you have known me, are you telling me that you still do not know how I operate? (Shakes head and shrugs) I am stunned.

-

Neidhart makes a gesture towards King Raymond.

-

Neidhart: Raymond, you need to understand that there was a direct order not to execute anyone. The Holy Father...

-

King Raymond cuts off Neidhart.

-

HRH King Raymond II: ...is dead, James. He's gone. He was murdered by a cabal. In fact, we have info that Moretti was defrocked after Arctica threw out the Church. Those people wanted the Holy Father dead. This is for justice.

-

Neidhart shakes his head

-

Neidhart: No, Raymond, this is for revenge. (King Raymond's eyes rise) Raymond, nobody is as angry as I am as to the assassination of the Holy Father. The 44 million people of this nation are angry. But you know and I know that revenge will do little to advance the cause of justice. And, the order was to leave Popic alone.

-

The phone rings. King Raymond picks up the phone

-

HRH King Raymond II: One sec. (Grabs phone) Yeah. (Silence until King Raymond facepalms) Wonderful. Thank you.

-

King Raymond puts phone down. Then motions to Neidhart.

-

HRH King Raymond II: Well, I guess I am not giving the order to return. Promised Land took care of that for me. The Orange turned back when Moretti scampered into Promised Land's hands.

Edited by Minilla Island

Henning captures the message on the radio. The hunters have strayed on the line of airspace between Promised Land and open water. But, it has become apparent that Promised Land has captured the enemy Moretti. He responds to the request from Promised Land's squadron leader

-

Henning: This is His Majesty's Naval Air Corps from Minilla Island. We are in pursuit of a criminal wanted by our Security Forces for Murder and Crimes against the Church.

-

PL's squad leader returns the transmission

-

PL Squad Leader: You have no business in Promised Land airspace. The plane and person you are referring to is in Promised Land airspace. You are to leave this area immediately or we shall have no choice but to fire.

-

Henning: That is a roger. We have orders not to go into your airspace from our commanders. We apologize for the intrusion. All Orange squadron turn back to your respective carriers.

-

The planes make a 40 degree turn and start heading back to their ships.

Neidhart: So it's settled between us. I apologize for disturbing your lunch, Your Highness. I'll let you get back to it now. Anyway, I have to get to Rome for the Conclave, and I appreciate it if you put in your prayers for me as I'll be running for Pope."

The plane, complying with its orders, was forceds to return to the Airport it had taken off from.

Upon landing, Moretti would be taken into custody by four armed troopers in full fatiigues, including helmets.

One last transmission from the squadron leader was given to Orange Squadron.

"Thank you. Rest assured, this criminal will be dealt with appropriately."

***Classified to the Vatican***

We have the rogue responsible for the first assassination attempt. We will repect your wishes on how he is to be tried and punished, but we will hold him until the next pope is firmly instated.

Moretti went peacefully with the Promised Land troopers. He was docile and resigned, knowing that there was no one to bail him out. He had no allies left, and when his own government found out about it he knew he could expect no support from there. More than likely they would strip him of his citizenship.

Moretti went peacefully with the Promised Land troopers. He was docile and resigned, knowing that there was no one to bail him out. He had no allies left, and when his own government found out about it he knew he could expect no support from there. More than likely they would strip him of his citizenship.

While he was imprisoned, he would be kept isolated, left alone with nothing but his thoughts.

He would not be mistreated, but neither would the guards that brought him water and his meals talk with him.

***To Promised Land***

We thank you for your assistance. THe Pope will take possession of his chair in two days. Is there anything we can do to return the great favor you've done for us?

***To Promised Land***

Pope Alexis I has been inaugurated.

***Public***

Pope Alexis I ill continue the World Tour where John Paul III left it, except the Kreig Empire will be removed from the list.

***Classified to The Vatican***

We ask for nothing in return, only that you continue the legacy of peace your predecessor set up.

Just tell us where to send the prisoner, and we will ship him there.

OOC: Wasn't the assassination done by a bomber? Like, a plane? Moretti doesn't have that much power. If you want him to be involved, we could say he was in contact with some Bubba supporters who had access to a bomber. I dunno though.

Promised Land would still be glad to welcome the Pope in his tour for World Peace.

OOC: In other words, I'm still on the list. :D

***Classified to Promised Land***

"Then please send him to Rome. He will be kept ini maximum security during the trial. Again, thank you very much."

OOC: Vedran, should Moretti be responsible for the assassination too?

***Classified to the Vatican***

Confirmed.

OOC: I thought that was under Italian control, though...?

OOC: Yeah, but I have permission to RP there! :D

(OOC: I don't think so KingChris, you never asked me that. Anyway i will RP it because i'm bored in these days /OOC)

ROMA, Roma-Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci International Airport - Control Tower

"Sir, unidentified flying object on the radar"

"Establish a radio contact, alert the anti-air positions"

"Ricevuto"

searchlightsj.jpg

*ghzzzghzzz* .. This is FCO Control Tower to unidentified flying object, you are entering the airspace of the Italian Republic, i repeat. This is FCO Control Tower to unidentified flying object, you are violating the national airspace of the Italian Republic, change direction or state your intentions, over .. *ghzzzghzzz*

Edited by Junio Borghese