Papal Tour for World Peace

KingChris

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Just wanted to let you all know that I'm gonna be gone for two weeks starting Saturday. I'll catch back up when I get back.

And Zarzef, you should definitely try to steal it. If you're thinking about stealing it while I'm wearing it, you should consider stabbing me in the head :P.

Edited by KingChris

Perhaps you misunderstand. World peace, as defined by the Pope, is a concept in which countries do not disagree or struggle, but strive through diplomacy. War will be used only when it meets the circumstances of a just war.

Diplomacy is merely one tool a nation uses to promote its own conception of how the world ought to be. Your own trip is an example of this. You believe that war is wrong, and as such you have embarked on a world tour to inspire and garner support among your followers to bring an end to war. Here is an excerpt from "Peace and Politics" from Theory and Practice of Neutral Pragmatism the treatise which establishes our governing ideology.

"On the matter of peace as a cause. There are two distinctly different notions of peace the first is the peace that comes when the political ceases to exist. This occurs when one party has vanquished all competition and is left to assert its will over all. Intermediary periods in between war could not accurately be called times of peace as they are simply periods of struggle within the political realm where war remains a possibility and there is still the near certainty that war will eventually come. The second is the notion of peace as a cause. This form of peace is itself a lie; as it betrays its own nature. The cause of peace is not really pursuing peace for it is making peace the subject of struggle. By participating within the political the promoters of peace have missed the point, and have decided to make peace a concept of form to be imposed upon the world. However in doing so they must simultaneously challenge all other conceptions of form as in order to truly achieve peace one conception (In the case of peace as a cause it must eliminate those who would utilize war or are capable of doing so) must vanquish all others. For peace is not in it of itself a conception of truth but rather it is as I said the absence of struggle. As peace must challenge the right of all others to struggle for their own cause it therefore must by its nature subjugate all others. While some groups may do so voluntarily many would never agree to remove their ability to ever struggle for what they advocate, as such the promoters of peace must hypocritically utilize the most direct form of political struggle, war. In this way those who promote peace as a cause must in doing so initiate the single greatest war in human history, that being a war against all those who would ever utilize war for any reason. Moreover it must thereafter maintain total and absolute dominance over the whole of the international arena; this is the only way war can truly be ended. In this regard war must be accepted for as long as there is struggle there will always be times that mere words are not enough and direct confrontation is required to either support words and agreements, or to repel the forces of aggressors."

In doing so, the Pope would like to speak with you after hs tour so that relations may be improved significantly between the two groups. The same goes to the Dragon Empire and anyone else who opposes the Pope and/or the Church, in case they have not seen the message yet.

It is not a so much that we have bad relations with you or do not like you; it is merely that we fundamentally disagree with what you represent and promote.

Edited by iamthey

You are mistaken. Again, we don't want to end war, we just want to push it to the point where the only wars are just wars as defined by St. Augustine of Hippo, St. Thomas Aquinas, and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. An excerpt from the Catechism of the Catholic Church:

"Just War (2307-17)

All citizens and all governments are obliged to work for the avoidance of war. Despite this admonition of the Church, it sometimes becomes necessary to use force to obtain the end of justice. This is the right, and the duty, of those who have responsibilities for others, such as civil leaders and police forces. While individuals may renounce all violence those who must preserve justice may not do so, though it should be the last resort, "once all peace efforts have failed." [Cf. Vatican II, Gaudium et spes 79, 4]

As with all moral acts the use of force to obtain justice must comply with three conditions to be morally good. First, the act must be good in itself. The use of force to obtain justice is morally licit in itself. Second, it must be done with a good intention, which as noted earlier must be to correct vice, to restore justice or to restrain evil, and not to inflict evil for its own sake. Thirdly, it must be appropriate in the circumstances. An act which may otherwise be good and well motivated can be sinful by reason of imprudent judgment and execution.

In this regard Just War doctrine gives certain conditions for the legitimate exercise of force, all of which must be met:

"1. the damage inflicted by the aggressor on the nation or community of nations must be lasting, grave, and certain;

2. all other means of putting an end to it must have been shown to be impractical or ineffective;

3. there must be serious prospects of success;

4. the use of arms must not produce evils and disorders graver than the evil to be eliminated. The power of modern means of destruction weighs very heavily in evaluating this condition" [CCC 2309].

The responsibility for determining whether these conditions are met belongs to "the prudential judgment of those who have responsibility for the common good." The Church's role consists in enunciating clearly the principles, in forming the consciences of men and in insisting on the moral exercise of just war.

The Church greatly respects those who have dedicated their lives to the defense of their nation. "If they carry out their duty honorably, they truly contribute to the common good of the nation and the maintenance of peace. [Cf. Gaudium et spes 79, 5]" However, she cautions combatants that not everything is licit in war. Actions which are forbidden, and which constitute morally unlawful orders that may not be followed, include:

- attacks against, and mistreatment of, non-combatants, wounded soldiers, and prisoners;

- genocide, whether of a people, nation or ethnic minorities;

- indiscriminate destruction of whole cities or vast areas with their inhabitants.

Given the modern means of warfare, especially nuclear, biological and chemical, these crimes against humanity must be especially guarded against.

In the end it is not enough to wage war to achieve justice without treating the underlying causes. "Injustice, excessive economic or social inequalities, envy, distrust, and pride raging among men and nations constantly threaten peace and cause wars. Everything done to overcome these disorders contributes to building up peace and avoiding war" [CCC 2317]. The Church has no illusions that true justice and peace can be attained before the Coming of the Lord. It is the duty of men of good will to work towards it, nonetheless. In the words of the spiritual dictum, we should work as if everything depended upon our efforts, and pray as if everything depended upon God.

"

OOC: If this gets thrown in the trash, then I'll just start another topic and pick up where I left off. I'm not going to continue it right now because I don't know how often I can get on, and I know how frustrating it is when someone drops in mid-RP, but I should definitely be back by the 14th or 15th.

OOC: If this gets thrown in the trash, then I'll just start another topic and pick up where I left off. I'm not going to continue it right now because I don't know how often I can get on, and I know how frustrating it is when someone drops in mid-RP, but I should definitely be back by the 14th or 15th.

OOC: OK, just so we know for certain. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

OOC: No Problem. Here is my RP explaining my absence.

IC: The Pope is dying.

Before boarding his plane, Shepard One, flying from New England to Palintine, the Pope had difficulties getting through a massive crowd primarily consisting of admirers and media. While security guards were trying to clear the way for the Pope to enter the plane, a man fired several shots from the handgun in his possession. Four bullets struck the Pope's lungs and intestines. A nun and several other spectators grabbed him before he could fire anymore shots or escape from the scene. The Pope was rushed to Boston Medical Center, where it is reported that he is under critical condition. Doctors, guards, and Vatican officials have declined to report on his state.

The suspect is currently in custody, but as of yet, no interrogations or investigations have begun in the interests of saving the Pope's life.

All help is appreciated. As of yet no investigations are being held or scheduled. We don't care who leads the investigations, but in the interests of protecting anyone involved from capital punishment, as condemned by the Church, we request that the Vatican take charge in any trials.

OOC: If anyone feels like RPing the assassin side of this, go ahead. I really don't have enough time to RP that part.

OOC: If anyone feels like RPing the assassin side of this, go ahead. I really don't have enough time to RP that part.

OOC: All too easy. I was going to try something like this anyways.

IC:

**A GREEN FLAG STATEMENT**

Once again we have shown the world that no person is safe from the Green Flag. In a mob of people, with security all around, one of our agents has managed to shoot the Pope and get away. This so-called "Holy Man" now lies on his deathbed, and we ask, "Where is his God now?" There is no God for him, nor for anyone else. The Green Flag is your God. Those who do not bow before our might will be cast aside and destroyed, much like this Pope.

Zrinko Popić stood in the throng of waving admirers gathered by the Pope's plane. He was a member of the Catholic Church of Arctica who had traveled to Boston at around the time of the Pope's visit using false documents claiming he was a citizen from another nation. He had been sent on a mission by Cardinal Moretti, the head of the Church in Arctica. Cardinal Moretti was a staunch supporter of the mad Pope Bubba XIII of Rebel Virginia and strongly opposed all other popes, even going so far as to call the Papal Conclave which elected John Paul a "sham".

Held close to his body was a 9mm pistol. He could see the security guards trying to clear the way for the Pope to board the plane, and that was when the crowd cleared. That was when the Pope became exposed, apart from his admirers, and that was when he struck.

Zrinko was able to raise his weapon and fire off four shots into the Pope's torso before the weapon was knocked from his hand and he was apprehended. "The false Pope is fallen! Truth reigns supreme!" was all he could utter before security dragged him away.

Later, in his cell, Zrinko searched frantically through his clothing for the cyanide capsule he had been issued when he was inevitably captured. "No...no! It must have fallen out!"

OOC: I'll let kingchris decide whether he wants to do green flag or crazy dude when he comes back.

All help is appreciated. As of yet no investigations are being held or scheduled. We don't care who leads the investigations, but in the interests of protecting anyone involved from capital punishment, as condemned by the Church, we request that the Vatican take charge in any trials.

"We will be sending an investigative team right away. Where should they land?"

Zrinko Popić stood in the throng of waving admirers gathered by the Pope's plane. He was a member of the Catholic Church of Arctica who had traveled to Boston at around the time of the Pope's visit using false documents claiming he was a citizen from another nation. He had been sent on a mission by Cardinal Moretti, the head of the Church in Arctica. Cardinal Moretti was a staunch supporter of the mad Pope Bubba XIII of Rebel Virginia and strongly opposed all other popes, even going so far as to call the Papal Conclave which elected John Paul a "sham".

Held close to his body was a 9mm pistol. He could see the security guards trying to clear the way for the Pope to board the plane, and that was when the crowd cleared. That was when the Pope became exposed, apart from his admirers, and that was when he struck.

Zrinko was able to raise his weapon and fire off four shots into the Pope's torso before the weapon was knocked from his hand and he was apprehended. "The false Pope is fallen! Truth reigns supreme!" was all he could utter before security dragged him away.

Later, in his cell, Zrinko searched frantically through his clothing for the cyanide capsule he had been issued when he was inevitably captured. "No...no! It must have fallen out!"

OOC: I'll let kingchris decide whether he wants to do green flag or crazy dude when he comes back.

OOC: Not necessarily mutually exclusive. Green Flag could have made a false claim...

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: I don't know, maybe Zrinko and the Cardinal could also be a member of the Green Flag?

IC: The most recent comments made about the Pope's status were "We will not release the condition of the Pope until the time is right, which is not now due to the certain circumstances that have prevented us from yet revealing his condition.

We would also like to encourage all Catholics to be careful about revealing your faith, as it may cause them extra harm. However, do not give in to Green Flag worship, and if you are killed because of your strong faith in Christ, you will have a special place in heaven as a martyr for Christ.

As to investigations, we suggest Boston, but anywhere is fine.

We would also like to encourage all Catholics to be careful about revealing your faith, as it may cause them extra harm. However, do not give in to Green Flag worship, and if you are killed because of your strong faith in Christ, you will have a special place in heaven as a martyr for Christ.

As to investigations, we suggest Boston, but anywhere is fine.

"Confirmed. Boston is as good a place as any to start."

OOC: I can see the Cardinal being a contact for them or something, but that's really up to Pravus.

OOC: It's basically what the Green Flag does. They hire people to do stuff for them... cuts down on what people know. Money would have been passed through multiple accounts until it is untraceable, the Cardinal would have been contacted from a disposable cell phone with a restricted number, he wouldn't have any names, etc. Based on your post, he didn't even know he was working for the Green Flag.

tl;dr - The Cardinal can be hired by the Green Flag, but didn't know it and doesn't know anything about the Green Flag.