Origin...

Sarah Tintagyl

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lu Tai arrived at Yerushalayim and landed at the designated meeting area.

"I am Hear but where is the Chairman well this tells us that DE official's can be a little tardy ".

he said with a smirk.

OOC:lol ok waiten for you Mael.

Edited by lutai

Maelstrom was instantly aware that the missile had been destroyed as it had lost contact with the command center. "Damnit. Defenses like that.. already?" He muttered to himself. "Knowing the trio, it is probably well to late anyhow. For now the only course of action is diplomacy.. and letting the world know it is in imminent danger.."
An anonymous message is sent to militaries around the world bounced via a commercial communications satellite. It warns of an immediate threat to earth situated on the dark side of the moon, provides the co-ordinates of a lunar base which is alleged to be positioned there and details that the base is currently laser-defense equipped. A repeat of the message sent by those who have gone to the moon was replayed.
"To whoever sabotaged my warehouse:

You probably think yourself to be smart, trying to slow my work down, hm? Well, I'll tell you something: You didn't slow me down at all. You actually accelerated the speed at which I'll work.

You're digging your own grave. And yes, I know you're gonna find out who I may be.

Have fun waiting for your inevitable end. I'm going to enjoy the Empire that I'll carve from this sorry rock."

The entities are an immediate, viable threat to Earth based sovereigns.

Perhaps unfortunately for Maelstrom, the message was also received by the sole satellite in Terra's orbit that was capable of sending messages directly to the newly established base on the moon, being owned by the builders of this base.

So he's warning the world?

Looks like it. But it is no matter. We need to continue with our work.

Indeed we do.

Geolab, proceed with Projects 896, 517 and 1082.

"Acknowledged.

Project 517: Establishing an industrial base on and within the moon. As the crust of the moon is roughly 1,000 kilometers thick at any point, there will be incredible amounts of materials to be mined.

Project 896: Creating a body with which we can properly communicate with mankind. They tend to regard persons as more believable than unviewable entities. Recommended visuals:

rootingfordoomposter.jpg

drdoom.jpg

Project 1082: Advancing all available technology to a level where it is indistuingishable from magic for the common person.

All projects are being worked on. Project 896 is likely to be finished first, within 15 hours."

Excellent.

Sounds very good, Leclerc. That metal thing looks badass.

That's why we're making it.

And, of course, for SCIENCE.

Edited by Lynneth

OOC: Could storylines expanding off the beginning of your characters be done elsewhere in new threads? I'm looking to see if there are new people who are RPing in the USA and all I am seeing are one line posts by some.

OOC: Could storylines expanding off the beginning of your characters be done elsewhere in new threads? I'm looking to see if there are new people who are RPing in the USA and all I am seeing are one line posts by some.

OOC: Well I hadn't expected everyone to culminate in Jerusalem either. Though at the moment Acca, I think that most are RPing in either Asia or Africa. Though I'm hoping that as soon as this thread concludes with the coming fight that we'll be able to expand the community some more. I for one would like to try and keep a character timeline cause its something that I've been horrible with in CNRP, so reconciliation time. But yeah most are in Eurasia. Sorry...though after this thread winds up and I see where the story is going...I'm sure we could do something. :).

"Yes, we can maintain the charge until we ground. If the robot is aggressive, we intend to ground via it. It should generate the voltage of many compounded lightning strikes. Speaking of which..." The global hawks drove them into a storm where he continued to build charge at an even more escalated pace...

"If you are an elemental... I don't assume you could retrieve a giant chunk of iron and coal for us could you? We want to forge a weapon." The rain beat down on them heavily as they pierced the storm.

"I would be happy to," he replied, though he still displayed no hint of emotion. "But you'll have to bring me closer to the ground for that, so I can sense the materials you need." The rain didn't even seem to touch him, apparently simply sliding off an invisible wall around him, a wall composed of air.

"Will you want me to compress the coal into a diamond?"

"No, that will not be necessary, perhaps a portion of it for a cutting edge.." He dove, which actually helped build up the static.. skimming about 10 feet above the earth and dodging any trees taller than that height. "Rip the materials from the earth into two raw chunks, we cannot touch the ground directly or we will discharge. Our intent is to use nanobots to restructure the molecules into steel. The diamonds will line the cutting edge."

"Very well." The being known as the Elementalist to some, and simply as Carl Standish to others, rolled up his sleeves, reached with his mind, and ripped a generous chunk of coal from the ground. The miners below would be horrified when, the next morning, they found their mine half-collapsed and most of the coal gone.

Similarly, he ripped up a chunk of iron from another place. Unfortunately, it was directly under a village, and its passage out of the earth destroyed much, though fortunately no lives were lost.

'What do you want me to do with them?"

ooc: Yes. HHAYD and Maelstrom Vortex have already done so.

OOC: HAD A POST EPIC RAGE D: /OOC

Jerusalem.

N-17 wasn't a very easy man to spot. You'd think, 'hey, giant robot, sandstorms, path of destruction: easy to see' right? Wrong. For one, satellites can't see through sandstorms. And those silly infra-red satellites can't see through a giant mass of sand the exact same temperature. Oh, and the sandstorm was like thirteen miles wide. Nothing went in, nothing went out.

They only knew one thing - where it was headed. Jerusalem. How? The direction. There was only one major city in its path, as done by computers, and it was easily Jerusalem. The city was being evacuated after what had been done at Giza. News channels across the world were blaring headlines of missiles firing off, giant robots, electric dragons and very sexy women in superhero costumes, possibly contributing to the chaos. Today was not a good day to be a mass media servant.

The sandstorm cleared thirty two miles from Jerusalem. Emerging from the cloud of sand, draping off the earth like water, was N-17. His red beam of light was centered on one thing and one thing only: the Dome of the Rock.

OOC: You know Sargun...sometimes...

IC:

Technology, satellites, infra-red, all things that took away from the thing that one really only needed to spot a gigantic robot heading towards one of the world's holiest cities. The center of Christianity, Judaism, and even parts of Islam called Jerusalem their home and if Giza was any representation of the damage that N-17 could do. Religious populations around the world would cry in despair if such damage was done to this city. It wouldn't be shocking either if a lot more forces were at work here, political, social, and with Sarah's recent encounter with Katrina at Giza, perhaps even meta-human as well.

Jerusalem was a large city, it was an enormous city really, which gave Sarah plenty of room and time to survey the situation after she landed on the outskirts of the city. It was a ghost town, which really made sense. News traveled fast, no doubt that most of the world had already found out about the destruction of Giza and if it was one film, well then they knew about her as well. "Damn it." She said as her feet touched the ground. "This doesn't even make !@#$@#$ sense anymore." Sarah looked down at her arm and closed her eyes as the onyx shard slid out from her wrist. She looked in the distance, the lone woman on the cobblestone street looking at the robot towering stories above her head at the center of the city. "And you're supposed to reason with him." Sarah shook her head, she could barely believe the words that were coming out of her mouth. "The same monstrosity that flung you into a pyramid, you're going to try and help. Yeah. This is going to go perfect."

Flying would be a mistake until she was ready to actually face N-17 and she still needed to concoct a plan on how she was actually going to approach him without being absolutely annihilated in the process. Clasping her hands behind her back, Sarah walked slowly down the abandoned streets towards the Dome of the Rock. The daunting of clanging metal sounding from the sky up above.

Kevin took the time to observe his surroundings after he stepped out of the Dark Passage and into a dusky shack located in a side-alleyway. The run down hovel appeared to be abandoned, which was a good sign. He wouldn't have to explain just how he came and went through the darkness like the spawn of Shaitan.

'You know, that's technically what we are.' Dark Side chose to break his silence.

'Yeah, no. That might be what YOU are, but not me.'

'We're the same being!'

'Shut up.'

Kevin mentally ignored his Doppelganger and, after brushing a few nonexistent flecks of dust from the shoulders of his uniform, stepped out into the open-aired alleyway. The street was populated by deserted stands advertising to sell all sorts of goods, from food to First-World knick-nacks. Bazaars were popular in the Imperium as well, and Kevin was struck by a sense of home-sickness.

'I need to visit back home, see how everything's going.' He thought to himself.

The wistful thoughts were forgotten when he heard the sound of shoes striking pavement from one end of the alleyway. It connected to a major boulevard into the heart of the city. If the city was deserted by its' normal occupants, exactly who or what would be up and about?

Perhaps they could tell him something about what had taken place in Egypt and what seemed to be underway here. That certainly warranted investigation of the source of sound. Kevin drew up his hood and stepped briskly out of the Bazaar.

To come face-to-face with Sarah Tintagyl.

Edited by Shadowsage

Kevin took the time to observe his surroundings after he stepped out of the Dark Passage and into a dusky shack located in a side-alleyway. The run down hovel appeared to be abandoned, which was a good sign. He wouldn't have to explain just how he came and went through the darkness like the spawn of Shaitan.

'You know, that's technically what we are.' Dark Side chose to break his silence.

'Yeah, no. That might be what YOU are, but not me.'

'We're the same being!'

'Shut up.'

Kevin mentally ignored his Doppelganger and, after brushing a few nonexistent flecks of dust from the shoulders of his uniform, stepped out into the open-aired alleyway. The street was populated by deserted stands advertising to sell all sorts of goods, from food to First-World knick-nacks. Bazaars were popular in the Imperium as well, and Kevin was struck by a sense of home-sickness.

'I need to visit back home, see how everything's going.' He thought to himself.

The wistful thoughts were forgotten when he heard the sound of shoes striking pavement from one end of the alleyway. It connected to a major boulevard into the heart of the city. If the city was deserted by its' normal occupants, exactly who or what would be up and about?

Perhaps they could tell him something about what had taken place in Egypt and what seemed to be underway here. That certainly warranted investigation of the source of sound. Kevin drew up his hood and stepped briskly out of the Bazaar.

To come face-to-face with Sarah Tintagyl.

She came face to face with the cloaked man as soon as she looked up and sidestepped so she would avoid hitting him. "Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't see you there. I should have been paying more attention." Sarah said with an awkward smile. She sighed looked down at her own feet. The man must think her an absolute piece of work. Much like the scientist in Giza had thought. There she was, bright red boots, red skirt, cape, the whole works, looking like some kind of idiot. She wasn't supposed to be interacting with people.

Looking back up at him, she took a deep breath. The man had a menacing look to him. Most people would have evacuated by now, but he was still here? That alone warranted some curiosity.

"I'm sorry for asking your business, but you realize that there is a giant robot in the city right now that just came from destroying Giza." Here came the line, cliche at its most dominant end. "If you want, I could help you get out before it gets too dangerous."

She also hoped that he woudln't recognize her, but she had been pretty good with identity problems thus far.

"Please, excuse me Ms. Tintagyl. The fault was mine." He offered a deep bow before straightening. As he did so, the hood of his uniform came off. Tendrils of Dark energy began running off of his form, swirling in the air before disappearing into whatever dimension Darkness originally resided in. The light coming off of Sarah was enough to provoke a serious reaction with the Dark energy stored within Kevin.

"I believe we both have a bit of explaining to do, Champion of Light." He specifically used one of her titles as a means of emphasis. "Of course, I do believe I'll be providing most of the answers. Ah, but I forget myself. Imperator Kevin Holihan, at your service."

"Please, excuse me Ms. Tintagyl. The fault was mine." He offered a deep bow before straightening. As he did so, the hood of his uniform came off. Tendrils of Dark energy began running off of his form, swirling in the air before disappearing into whatever dimension Darkness originally resided in. The light coming off of Sarah was enough to provoke a serious reaction with the Dark energy stored within Kevin.

"I believe we both have a bit of explaining to do, Champion of Light." He specifically used one of her titles as a means of emphasis. "Of course, I do believe I'll be providing most of the answers. Ah, but I forget myself. Imperator Kevin Holihan, at your service."

She stepped back in fear as the dark energy began running across his body and then disappeared and almost at the same time, the sun in the sky seemed to shine brighter on the ground she was walking on, however Sarah paid no attention to this phenomenon, continuing to look at the Imperator with curious eyes.

"Champion of Light Imperator? I have no idea what you're talking about I assure you." Though with the strange happening goes on with him, it would only make sense that these two meta-humans would meet. "I actually would hope that you could provide answers, because I've been skipping stones since the incident at the chemical plant." Sarah looked down at her arms and the rest of her body. "I guess neither of us are the same person we were a few years ago, unless you've been hiding that secret from the world longer than I have mine." She said pointing to where the Energy had disappeared to.

"But Champion of Light? I'm not sure I follow."

In response to the Elementalist's actions the entity responded itself. It reached out, grabbing the coal and iron.. the nanobots deconstructed the raw ore and reforged a steel blade with a diamond edge in its hands constructed to its size.. meaning approximately 30 feet from haft to tip. It was in a curved blade scimitar format.

Not much later they arrived in Jerusalem.. and it had begun circling the city at 5000 feet along with the 12 global hawk drones and their payloads. The Dragon's eyes adapted to the distance to the ground by adding additional lenses resulting in perfect clarity of events it wanted to focus on. "There's the robot... there's my cloaked friend.. there's a lady in a comic book outfit.. wait a second." A few more lenses fell in place for more magnification. "The Lady Protector? What is SHE doing here?"

The instant desire was to go down and lift her from the ground, but it occurred to him he'd fry her with the electrostatic discharge he had been building. He looked for ways to get a message to her and could find none. Til he saw a public telephone boot a few feet away from her with the number written on the front. His neural net accessed public telephone services via satellite and he dialed the number to that phone booth. It began to ring.

"Of course. Allow me to explain. As you may have guessed," Kevin indicated the Dark-Energy runoff from his own form, "I'm what you might call an Avatar of Darkness. Pretty apt description, in my opinion. But I haven't always had these powers; if you would be so kind as to recall your own incident with chemicals? That was the opportunity the forces of light needed to raise you in status as their Champion."

He paused, searching for the correct words.

"Nature always seeks a balance of forces, if you will. So once the Light had named you as its' champion on this plane of existence, and several others though they are irrelevant, the forces of Darkness have basically done the same thing with myself."

He gave her a grin. "Meta-human does not BEGIN to describe the things I can do. You might have the physical attributes of your powers down, but I'll bet you haven even begun to use the elemental portion of your powers."

"Of course. Allow me to explain. As you may have guessed," Kevin indicated the Dark-Energy runoff from his own form, "I'm what you might call an Avatar of Darkness. Pretty apt description, in my opinion. But I haven't always had these powers; if you would be so kind as to recall your own incident with chemicals? That was the opportunity the forces of light needed to raise you in status as their Champion."

He paused, searching for the correct words.

"Nature always seeks a balance of forces, if you will. So once the Light had named you as its' champion on this plane of existence, and several others though they are irrelevant, the forces of Darkness have basically done the same thing with myself."

He gave her a grin. "Meta-human does not BEGIN to describe the things I can do. You might have the physical attributes of your powers down, but I'll bet you haven even begun to use the elemental portion of your powers."

"Avatar of Darkness? Champion of Light?" Everything was getting so confusing now, but what Kevin was telling her was that everything that had happened had been destined? That she was destined to inherit these powers, this strength, this speed. Everything.

"So you and I balance each other out, you Dark and I the Light?" Sarah couldn't help but chuckle for a bit. It really made a lot of sense, her being a servant of the Light and all, whatever the Light was, but it made sense.

"Elemental portion? I don't understand, I didn't know that these went deeper than just strength and flight." She also eyed him with an air of suspicion. "And if you and I are balancing these two forces, wouldn't that put us into conflict? You didn't come to find me with a malicious purpose did you?"

OOC: Will get to Mael's call after me and Shadow work out this story more. :)

Kevin chuckled a bit sadly. "Light and Dark are like two sides of the same coin. We don't HAVE to come into conflict; certainly I'd prefer that we didn't. Even if my world-views are basically opposite to yours, I wish no ill-will upon you."

He returned her suspicious gaze with a cool, collected air of calm. "I suppose you have the right to be suspicious of me and my motives, but I am here primarily to track down some sort of destructive being which has ravaged the pyramids of Cairo. My OTHER reason," Kevin grinned savagely, "is to both test your powers and help you expose more of them."

Shadows from the buildings and other protrusions gathered around him, pulsating with power. The Darkness ran up his right arm and swirled around in his right hand. It shaped itself with dreadful power into a wicked blade that looked to be a cross between an axe and shortsword. A wicked cutting edge was topped with a heavier blade for hacking foes apart. (OOC: Oblivion)

He gripped the blade in an expert stance and waited to see if Sarah would care to test her powers.

"I must warn you; elemental powers are stronger than just the physical aspect you have explored."

Edited by Shadowsage