Origin...

Sarah Tintagyl

Kotka International Airport

"Right this way, Child of the Prophet." Said the Nod Agent, bringing the Now powered Katrina to a waiting Concorde Jet. Knowing that the world abandoned them, the Brotherhood uses them to bring agents into hotzones quickly, but still comfortable. Of course, The Brotherhood has made many modifications to this jet, increasing its speed...

Katrina opens her orders as she takes a seat....

Daughter of Mol,

You are being given emergency orders. Intel reports that a massive robot is destroying the Pyramids at Giza. It is unknown who controls this robot, but it is deemed a threat by the Council. You are hereby asked to investigate the situation, but engage ONLY if attacked.

We have a feeling Procinta may be involved, as we have caught them sending spies into our land. We do not know where a few of them are....so after reading this, destroy it. You will receive request from me either personally or written with...special techniques. This is to prevent fake orders from being given.

You are my right hand child. I trust you will handle this accordingly.

PTP!

-Grandmaster Kane

Katrina torches the note, then straps in for the ride. This Concord fires up its engines a short time later and takes off. Its Destination: Cairo.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Priority change: engage.

N-17 quickly twisted around, produced the flaming blade again and with precision rammed the blade into the middle of the boulder. The boulder split cleanly in half, but it was not over. With grace, he twisted his body around again and caught both halves of the boulder before they hit the ground. He easily picked up the incoming woman on his visual sensors - after all, she was flying oh so fast. N-17 leaned back ever so slightly, then heaved one of the sides facing up. She'd have to go slightly up to avoid the rocky underside of the boulder, so he heaved the second one, this time facing her - when she looked up after dodging the first one, she would come face to face with this one.

However, he still had twenty-two seconds. The left arm-cannon whirred again and fired directly into the pit of the destroyed pyramid, this time sending up a pillar of green dust and ash larger than the pyramid itself. Another vacuum. At this point, the tourists and scientists were being swept in by the advancing sand. Their screams delighted his audio sensors, and his red eye lit up like never before. Soon after, he started switching through voices. Radio, like Bumblebee from Transformers, was the only way to communicate. It would be a disaster for him.

But disasters were always fun.

Priority change: engage.

N-17 quickly twisted around, produced the flaming blade again and with precision rammed the blade into the middle of the boulder. The boulder split cleanly in half, but it was not over. With grace, he twisted his body around again and caught both halves of the boulder before they hit the ground. He easily picked up the incoming woman on his visual sensors - after all, she was flying oh so fast. N-17 leaned back ever so slightly, then heaved one of the sides facing up. She'd have to go slightly up to avoid the rocky underside of the boulder, so he heaved the second one, this time facing her - when she looked up after dodging the first one, she would come face to face with this one.

However, he still had twenty-two seconds. The left arm-cannon whirred again and fired directly into the pit of the destroyed pyramid, this time sending up a pillar of green dust and ash larger than the pyramid itself. Another vacuum. At this point, the tourists and scientists were being swept in by the advancing sand. Their screams delighted his audio sensors, and his red eye lit up like never before. Soon after, he started switching through voices. Radio, like Bumblebee from Transformers, was the only way to communicate. It would be a disaster for him.

But disasters were always fun.

She was just happy that he didn't try to cut her in half with the fire blade. Sarah watched as her entire plan essentially exploded into to thin air, literally. The rock burst apart, but it wasn't like the robot was done, oh no, far from it. She watched as it immediately took the two halves of the rock and blocked her from hitting him head on. The first rock was a bit easier to dodge, as she adjusted her body to fly above the rock, slowly down slightly in the process. Sarah smiled at first, happy that she had avoided injury so well. "Awesome." She said brushing the top of the rocky surface. "Now, what happened to---...Aw, sh--" There it was, the second piece of the boulder, directly in front of her, not more than a few feet away at this point. Sarah tried to stop, but she was moving too fast and the rock was too close. At the last second she changed position and rammed her shoulder hard into the side of the rock.

A sudden explosion rocked the desertscape in addition to all the commotion N-17 was making by destroying the pyramid. The boulder was solid on moment, and then was blow apart into dozens of little pieces. If people were watching from down below, the hundreds of little stones falling from the explosion were followed by a blue and red streak falling from the sky as well. Tossing and turning, nearly unconscious, towards the ground at the robot's feet.

Sarah hit the ground with a hard thud and after lying for about a minute or so, pulled her head out from the sand and looked up at the dust cloud above her. The entire area was filled with the sound of explosion after explosion, followed by a few robotic beeps and the ear-piercing screams of the civilians finally realizing how dangerous the situation was. Sitting up to catch her break, she was trying to think, she looked around and could see nothing. Except a piercing red eye a distance away. She could try to blow the sandstorm away to make it easier for the people to escape, but that would destroy the advantage she had, with his sight sensors impaired. Sarah snapped her fingers and smile, if she could just push him away from the pyramids, just away from the crowd, it would be okay and the fight could be fought without worry.

She stood back up, readied herself and took off into the sand storm, the red light guiding her way. But she said underneath it's direct line of sight. She aimed a bit below and if it all worked out Sarah would be be pushing every bit of her strength and speed directly into the robot's chest.

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

"You would do best to hold off your assault, child."

N-17 had a line of sight in several visions. Thankfully, he could switch between them. What a foolish girl. The green sandstorm had a temperature of near freezing - this was a design he specifically made for his thermal vision. It was much enhanced - millions of years of improvements in technology made it possible to pinpoint something on the other side of the Earth if he needed it. He wasn't finished, though. He was activated early.

His vision illuminated Sarah brighter than the sun, and he would strike as she tried to attack his chest. His shield knee went up, the cross-laden shield detaching from the leg and popping up in the air. With pinpoint accuracy (as always), he pressed his fist into a hole and it latched onto his fist just as it aimed itself as Sarah. The shield itself was many times larger than she was and it was coming at her as she came directly at it.

"You can talk?!" Sarah looked up at the red eye as she pushed her hands out onto the shield to stop her for a minute. The sand was freezing, though not as cold as when she had been in the upper atmosphere. She latched onto the shield as best she could and tried to dig her hands into the metal, with no such luck. It was now that she was essentially face-to-face with the metallic beast that she realized just how small she was, and how large the robot was. She looked away, scowling. "Damn...what'd I get myself into."

Turning back to the eye, she stared up dauntingly. "If you can talk, and you're a attacking these pyramids. You're doing it for a reason rather than to just cause destruction. What's going on? What are you? Who are you?"

All ready she was trying to think of another plan, but she just needed time and somehow to get past all these defenses. She might have strength and speed, but his size alone dominated that. Sarah knew now that she had vastly underestimated the robot and now it was time to play catch up.

"Of course I can talk. I can broadcast radio waves - I am self-aware."

N-17 raised the shield up with Sarah on it, face-to-face. Or, eye-to-head.

"What is going on? You are attempting to attack me. What am I? I am Bree. Who am I? My name is.. data insufficient, substitution: N-17."

N-17 used several different vision types to map out her body accurately. Precise measurements (not those, perverts) were made and compared to data collected from her brief fight with him, compiling a small profile. Not that he needed it - she'd be gone soon. It's always good to keep records.

"And now it is time for you to be off."

He flipped the shield over with inhuman speed and swatted Sarah like a fly directly into the pit of the destroyed pyramid. A metallic laugh echoed across the desert as the sandstorm finished the job it was meant to do. As it cleared, the bodies of several hundred tourists and scientists were briefly exposed to the elements before being covered with sand. He started off to the north-east.

Jerusalem.

Cairo, Egypt

Katrina steps off the plane with haste as she runs for the nearby truck waiting for her. The Truck speeds off for the nearby Pyramids...or whats left of them.

-----

Katrina spits out her soda as the SUV gets within sight of the Pyramids. She hops out and starts taking video for Kane, as a being of some sort speeds off. She tosses the camera to another agent and makes a beeline for the disater area.

Sarah screamed as she felt her hands slip from the shield as the air around her whistled, quickly falling towards the ground. She only watched as the red eye turned from her and the sounds of screaming, once again filled her ears, she wanted to try and move, try to stop herself from falling, but the speed of his throw was too much. The sand encased her body as she fell, deeper and deeper, soon even the light from the sun, faded and the cold of the green light engulfed the walls around her. She was in the ruins of the pyramid that N-17 had tried to blow up in the first place.

She hit the ground with the full force of the robot's throw, creating a nice little hole where she hit the ground and almost immediately the sand began filling in from the top, slowly burying Sarah in the past tombs of the Egyptian rulers. Everything was foggy, everything was dark, and she felt horrible. A massive headache and her body was bruised all over. "Definitely, should not have underestimated him. Definitely." Looking down at her slumped over body, sitting in the sandy hold, Sarah didn't feel near as powerful as when she had first put on the super suit. Now she just felt stupid. Shaking her head and trying to rid herself from the stench of absolute failure, Sarah struggled to climb out of the hole and onto the sandy floor of the pyramid. It was dark except for the glowing green light coming from somewhere along the pyramid walls.

Looking up at the sky, the sand was still swirling above her and given her present state, there was no real reason to chase after the robot. Her next engagement would probably kill her anyways. Finally getting out of the hole, she slumped on the ground again and took a deep breath. She just had to get out of her now, probably head back to Brisbane and let the professionals deal with something like N-17. But, there was that feeling in her chest still.

"Sarah. C'mon, you picked up a five ton boulder probably and flew from Brisbane to Giza." She started to argue with herself. "Are you really just going to give up cause you lost one fight. Your war record is still like dismal." She groaned. "God I could just be at the beach right now." Walking over to the near wall, she punched it with everything she had behind it and the entire stone wall began to collapse. Sarah couldn't help but smile. "Well, that never gets old at least." But as the wall collapsed, it revealed another dark tunnel, where the green light was radiating from with a few green glowing crystals on the floor.

"What the hell? In the pyramids." Sarah began to step through when she heard something nearby.

"Hey little girl, dont get close to that stuff!" Katrina yells, running tword Sarah.

She pushes her backward andaway from the Green stuff.

"If thats what I think it is....Let me check it out. Go back to your mother or something...." she says, turning to face the crystals. She then walks, slowly, tword them, lighting a fireball in her hand incase its not what she thinks....

The little kid stuff was really starting to irk her. Sarah had always been called a little girl throughout her entire life and one would think that after gaining the ability to fly and lift huge amounts of weight above her head that those insults would stop. No. not a chance. This woman, looked the same age, if not younger than Sarah was and she was treating her like a baby. "Oh yeah. This is the last thing I need right now."She mumbled to herself.

"Look I don't know who you are. But you realize that this is a goddamn disaster zone. If you didn't perchance see the robot on the surface. Also I would recommend getting out of here before you get hurt. This isn't the place for people, just showing up out of the blue. If you can't tell the pyramid is collapsing. So if you're a scientist..." Then she saw the fireball. Sarah stopped, sighed and took a few steps back. "So I'm guessing you're not a scientist? What is that stuff?"

"I dont know...if you want to follow...its your problem." Katrina says, walking into the tunnel. She increases the size of the Fireball to light the way.

She enters the room to find a large crystal, glowing green.

"You wanted to know what this is? Its Tiberium, my crazy friend." she says with a sick smile.

She approachs the crystal and touches it. Instantly, it begins to shrink as she absorbs some of it. After a few seconds, she tears her hand away, yelling in pain. Her arm appears to crystalize, but soon returns to normal. Her eyes glow even more aswell. She turns to sarah.

"Forget you ever saw this. Id suggest leaving." she says, lighting another fireball. A small spike of tiberium also pops out of her other arm....

This definitely wasn't covered in history class in University, but Sarah followed close by the strange woman as they walked through the tunnel, the girl's fireball hand leading the way. Now she was finally understand why she was always being the little girl, mainly because she was always behind and following someone else as they did something they thought was important.

"Tiberium?" Sarah shook her head. "No clue, never heard of it before." But before she could even relay the sentence properly the girl grabbed onto the wall and began to absorb the crystal into her body. She screamed in pain as the transfusion took place and Sarah immediately ran towards her to see if everything was okay or to stop the crystallization process. But by the time she neared her, the girl stopped screaming and looked at Sarah with glowing green eyes.

"Forget you ever saw this. Id suggest leaving."

The girl created another fireball and then a spike from the crystal extending from her arm in the threatening manner. Sarah's eyes narrowed as she held her ground. "I need to see what's down this tunnel. Why that robot was after it. I would suggest you let me past. I'm not some little girl you think you can just throw around."

Katrina throws the spike at Sarahs leg. She also slams her fireball into the ground, creating a nice flame wall, just incase she decides to rush at her. The guards outside notice this, and begin to move in, M4's at the ready.

It was an attack that Sarah definitely anticipated, the spike hurled at her legs was enough for her to jump back, or more float quickly back to more stable ground to assess the situation. This wasn't her fight, this girl was nothing more than a crystal collector with an extremely bad attitude. Whatever the crystals were being used for was no threat to Sarah, at least not yet, but the giant robot that was destroying the world above them was high priority. She just needed to get down the tunnel, but whoever she was, wasn't going to let Sarah budge.

The flame wall would be tricky, but if you played defense and wrapped yourself in a wall, the best way to go about doing something was to cause a bit of chaos and distract your enemy at the front. Sarah yelled as she made two fists and threw her whole body in pounding down onto the ground. The ground shook from the hit and the tunnel began to shake, the instability of the structure itself, plus the fact that N-17 had destroyed three quarters of it. Yes, the building was definitely unstable. Then, just to make sure that she could keep the crystal-girl on her toes or finish the job fast enough, Sarah peeled back the cracked rock and heaved a loose stone towards where Katrina was standing.

The dust from the quake quickly began to fill the room and Sarah just watched and waited for the dust to clear.

Katrina yells some expletives as she rolls away from the rock, clipping her arm, opening a nice gash. The gash starts to heal, however, and she jumps behind the Tiberium. Firing another fireball out, she breaks off another chunk of tiberium and absorbs it. Her gash begins to heal much faster, as the Pyramid begins to collapse.

Coating her hand in her own Tiberium, she grabs a rather large chunk and makes a beeline for Sarah and the exit. On her way out she flings a salvo of darts to keep her down.

"Damn it all!" Sarah screamed looking up as the roof began to cave in on itself. She had over done what she had set out to do, her pound had shaken the already crumbling pyramid to its core and now she would pay the full price for her mistake. Katrina was already planning her escape by this point. The rock Sarah had thrown at her, had done its job, but the girl was already healing herself. "!@#$!" Sarah stepped back again, trying to think of another counter to her charge. But all she could do was think about taking out the girl's legs to at least give Sarah the opportunity to make her own beeline deeper into the tunnel.

Katrina fired the fireball, Sarah ducked again as as Katrina charged, Sarah charged at her feet, hoping the girl would at least dodge that attack herself. She did, the two women never even struck each other, but for Sarah leaving the gash on Katrina by the rock, it seemed like karma that while Sarah began bee lining deeper into the tunnel, she stopped instantly from a horrible pain that began traveling down her body from her back. She stopped and turned to look at a few green crystals sticking through her cape, embedded into her back side. She screamed and felt all the energy sucked from her body. "AAAUUUGGGHHH!" She groaned. "It burns!" Sarah looked down at her hands, shaking, her hold body was shaking. "Can't...stay...up...can't...move." She felt her eyes close and she fell to her knees. All the sounds around her was the continual shaking of the pyramid as large chunks of stones began falling from the roof and collapsing the floor, further and further down into the Earth. "Have...to...have...to...get...out..." Sarah tried to stand back up, but it was no use. The wounds from Katrina and the fight with N-17 had demolished her energy. The green lights faded out and she could feel herself sinking...sinking into the ground.

Katrina flags down her fellow agents as they start the vehicle. The hops into the back as the Agents speed away, watching the pyramid crumble.

Katrina grabs her cell phone and calls Kane.

"Grandmaster: I have something. We will be back within the hour." is all she said to avoid suspicion.

Qin.

"Young lady, it is advisable to release yourself from this prison before it imprisons you with a dying man."

Sarah, after sinking through a pit, found herself laying in a peaceful chamber with a glowing red light in the middle. A large, rusted machine gun barrel protruded from the ground, the red light emanating from the barrel and filling the chamber. Hieroglyphics lined the wall of large machines and worshipping - slowly the machines transformed into different things.

"However, I have a feeling you did not come here on accident, my dear. I will delay the inevitable for a few spare moments. My name is Qin. You are?"

July X 200X, X:00 XM Monitoring Facility, Location Classified

ProcinctiaMilitaryCommand-1.jpg

Procinctia Armed Forces Military Command

Generalissimo-1.jpg

The committee believes Sarah’s been treating this like some sort of game, and they’re right. She requires additional motivation in order to reach her full potential, what she needs is an object lesson in choice and consequence.

The committee determined this advancement could only be achieved through someone close, originally it was to be the girl she unofficially took in or Nadine – perhaps both.

We’re still in charge of this portion of the operation, and that’s not I line I’m willing cross. I’ve talked to ‘them’ and secured an alternative, the plan’s detailed in the file in front of you.

YukoOgura.jpg

Why are you going out there? It’s suicide and you know it.

Generalissimo-1.jpg

You know we can’t stand against them, but I’m not willing to compromise this.

YukoOgura.jpg

You can’t, you’ll die.

Generalissimo-1.jpg

That’s the plan.

Edited by Generalissimo

This had been the second red light she had seen in only about two hours, so immediately she wanted to escape from the second monster's grasp. But the voice that had awoken her from her slumber was much calmer, much more serene, yet somewhat saddening as well. She sat up on the machine gun and looked at the green light. "Dying man? You're not human? I've seen something just like you before, a gigantic robot, N-17, its the thing that entrapped me in her in the first place." She sighed. "That and some creepy girl harvesting these green crystals. But nothing really makes sense anymore."

She looked at the hieroglyphics, curiously, the machines almost resembled the one that she was staring at right now, Qin and N-17 from before. "My name is Sarah, Sarah Tintagyl." She smiled, stood up, and curtsied a slight bit, as Sarah had always been accustom to back in Brisbane. "Its a pleasure to meet you."

Katrina was on her cell phone talking to Kane, driving away out in the open in a major disaster area. . . not only was it incredibly conspicuous, but it was an excellent vantage for an ambush.

Several teams of Procinctian soldiers began to cautiously take concealed position around Katrina trying to hide in the rubble, without warning they all simultaneously open fire.

police.gifsoldier.gifpolice.gifsoldier.gif

A torrent of gunfire erupts and Katrina's vehicle is engulfed in a wall of lead.

Generalissimo knew she would ultimately survive, but it didn't matter, it only served to keep her from escaping before the next confrontation.

Edited by Generalissimo

"Dear Sarah, it is a pleasure to meet you too - though under different circumstances it would be a much more pleasant meeting." A metallic rumble lightly shook the serene chamber. There was no sound from the outside penetrating the walls.

"You are not the first human being to see me, my dear. I guess I should explain. You are safe in this chamber, this might take some time. A dying man has a last wish, I suppose." A wheeze blew dust off of the wall - exposing more hieroglyphics. "My name is Qin, as you know - but that was not my first name. Nor am I from your time. Ask me any question you want and any amount of questions. While my energy is low, I can support this chamber for several thousand more years."

"Perhaps I am simply unwilling to live."

His voice sounded wise beyond millennia, wise, noble, but so sad as well. She smiled and sat back down on the machine gun looking up at the red light with sparkling eyes. Qin explained his plight quickly and at first Sarah didn't even want to believe that he hadn't been from their time. But it was hard to take anything seriously now, only last week she wouldn't have in her wildest dreams thought of being where she was now, looking up at some strange alien robot. Things changed so quickly nowadays.

"Questions?" She chuckled, to an almost unbelievable question. "I could probably sit her for thousands of years and ask you question about the future, about me, about this planet, and about space. But to trouble someone like you with such trivial desires would be a sin. Though I must ask, how did you get here and why did you come? Because there must be a reason, giant robots just don't show up on planets without a real reason." She laughed. Trying to lighten the mood, but his last quote, even for only have met him, nearly broke her heart. Sarah stood up and floated up to the light and laid her hand on it.

"No one should be unwilling to seek life my friend. No one."

Katrina's truck takes evasive manuvers, but ultimately spins out and flips over. Katrina crawls out and takes cover. Noticing her comrades dead, Rage fills her. She steps out from behind the truck, a few bullets hitting her but healing from the Tiberium infused in her. She lifts a few soldiers from the ground and flings tiberium spikes around. She then creates a large firebomb and throws it at the other soldiers.

Grabbing one soldier close to her, she brings him over and pins him.

"Who. Are you." she says, her rage barely controlled.