Origin...

Sarah Tintagyl

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The situation of Diberia...

The last zombie was spotted near the Nothern Defense Line two months from today, shortly after the rebellion successfully destroyed Aperture Science with the help of the Imperium. They were rebuilding Diberia anew from the now ancient strongholds where the Rebellion held up against Aperture Scienc, creating a great city of over 1 million people. That beautiful city florished with help from the now-leader Jerrey Rough, as Vutomo left for “retirement” in the Imperium on a journey to find out if any religions could be real.

Jerrey Rough's residence, ontop of the Great Mountain overshadowing Esmeralda.

Jerrey signed another land grant for Nanosolar Technology with a smug look as he placed it upon the foot-high stack that was his daily duty. Will it ever end? He sighed, wishing the good ol' days of GTI and his few days with the Imperator. His tied brain longed for his bed, and so he went.

It was a saturday, and his only day off plus his only chance to see the beautiful city down below. With energy gathered from a week at the desk, he ran for Iron Duck, the nickname of his airplane. After several failed attempts on turning the old plane on, he realised it needed refueling. But soon enough he took off and flew into the sky, enjoying his view of the city below him as it glinted back.

The City of Esmeralda was designed from the group up, with every possible thing plannable planned out to the fullest. The transit system could take you anywhere in the city in under 20 minutes, the skyscrapers take advantage of Nanosolar's cheap solar panel technology, and its people try their hardest to make their city gleam umoungst the many others throughout the world. Year after year the city wins awards for its excellence. It is powered by a grid of Nanosolar's solar balloons just east of Esmeralda.

He smiled and started to head home when his cell rang.

“Hello?”

“Sir, Commander Gerhan of the Western Forces speaking. We have spotted an immence zombie force to the west of us.” Jerrey jumped at the news, sending him into a nose dive. A rush of adrenaline surged throug his body, helping him gain control of the craft and leveling out.

“What? How?”

“I do not know sir, but they seem to not noticed us yet. What do you recommend? Reinforcments from the South will be here in half an hour, but I don't think these things will wait that long.”

“I will come to assist Don't get unnerved, just fire as much ammunition as you can before they break through at the mass. You've got plenty of ammo commander.”

“Yes sir.”

Well, there went my saturday. Jerrey thought. He stoped at home to get his gun and additional fuel, plus supplies. Unknowing of the important events happening in Planet Bob, he made his way to help the west garrison.

But, more importantly, he did not know of an event that would change his entire country, possibly the world.

"Vessel of unknown origin incoming!" Yelled a man, causing sudden havok around him.

"What?" Responded another man. "Its probebly a pre-emptive strike! Fire at will!" Several men called the ship to High-alert status. Men ran for their stations.

The ship shook from the massive and numerous blasts...

Edited by JerreyRough

After leaving the brooding Dragon Emperor to work out his multiple-attention disorder, Kevin decided that he had probably investigate the disturbances in the general area of Egypt. The news coming out of the area was scrambled and spotty at best, but it was obvious something was happening.

Something Unnatural.

He took down a few mental notes from the news, something about a gigantic robot leaving after a fight with a short blonde woman. Kevin sighed in his head.

'That DOES sound like Sarah...' He admitted.

'What do you expect from that peace loving Harlot?' His Dark-Side snarled back. 'She denies man of his true form; violence in nature, survival of the fittest. For that she must be punished.'

Kevin gave the equivalent of a mental fish-eye to his Doppelganger. Apparently he really DID occupy the darkest corner of his brain. 'Okay, first thing's first. Sarah's prevented an awful lot of suffering in the world, even while going through her own. I realize that's probably what makes you hate her,' the Dark Side snorted in agreement, 'but I'm in control here and I think she's done a lot of wonderful work in the world.'

'Just you wait, buddy.' The Stranger in his head warned him ominously. 'The brightest light casts the deepest shadow.'

---

A portal opened up in a cellar leading to the surface just outside the Pyramid Complex itself. Kevin drew his hood up just in-case the sand was billowing about and walked cautiously out into the open. It was a scene reminiscent of hell.

The suburban neighborhoods around the area were aflame with debris blasted from some kind of fight. Boulders which looked massive enough to be well over a ton were cut clean in half and strewn about the area like a demented child's playthings. Fires ran unchecked through the town and it seemed that anarchy was reigning supreme.

"Just another day on the job." Kevin sighed. 'Now, if only I can find somebody who knows what happened...'

As it so happened, a few civilians came screaming around a corner next to him. The first three passed by without so much as glancing in his direction. Kevin grabbed the last one by his collar as he passed and held him a foot off the ground.

"You. Tell me what happened here." The menace in Kevin's voice was undeniable; threats of unspeakable violence lay just beneath the surface of that icy-tone.

The terrified man struggled in his grip, looking for any way to let go. 'He's gotta be going through shock', Kevin reflected to himself. 'Maybe I should be a little less subtle about what will happen should he not co-operate.'

Shadows started to slide ominously from the ground until they pooled at Kevin's feet. They slid up his coat in a sinister slithering not unlike that of a snake constricting around its' prey. It gathered on the arm of the hand not holding the civilian off the ground. The Darkness infused itself within the skin of the hand, instantly turning it pitch-black. Kevin's fingers grew longer and his now-jagged nails became razor-sharp.

"I'm going to ask you this one more time before I rip your heart out by ventricles. What happened here?" Kevin's nose wrinkled in disgust as the man defecated at the sight. The Civilian tried to speak, ended up babbling, and took a second to calm himself.

"A...a ro-robot. It was strong, but an infidel woman fought it to a standstill before disappearing. The last I saw, it flew in that direction." The man pointed towards the northeast. "Please, Spawn of Shaitan, I have told you what I know. Spare me so that I may provide for my family as Allah wills..." The man started to break down in tears.

Kevin dropped him while considering what important cities lay to the northeast. Being that they were in Egypt, and the man pointed towards Rebel Army, the logical place to look would be Jerusalem. The city was even on roughly the same axis the two fighters were said to have taken off on.

"Get out of my sight." With that, Kevin opened a portal and stepped through, hoping to find out exactly what was happening in the ancient city of Jerusalem.

Sometime in the future..

"Captain, all of our communications are being interrupted by heavy subspace interference."

"Warp drive?"

"Offline, Captain."

"Here we go again," Kirk muttered, leaning back heavily in his chair and placing his fingers on his temple. "Do we have any idea when we're going to come out this time?"

Total silence.

"Yellow alert. Lets be on guard for when we come out the other side."

[[Out of Character: I thought I'd stick myself in this one for a change.]]

[[Out of Character: Normally I tend to just read these sorts of things, I thought that since this one wasn't part of your "canon" I could do something fun to break the monotony of moderation. :) ]]

OOC: . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . .

WAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!

Excuse me for the profanity, but this deserves a "$%&@ YEAH!". Welcome in the RP, Spock, and may it become more epic by us all making it so.

Mwaaahahahahahaaa...I'm cackling like a crazy scientist.

IC:

The Trinity instructed her to respond via commercial satellite to the threat.

"Moon entity, We are the Borg. This planet will not be threatened by you. Act with undue aggression and your existence will be revealed to the world and your threats will be responded to with overwhelming force. Resistance.. would be futile."

Lynneth chuckled as he received the message.

"So they think they can take us on?"

"Umm, they currently can. We don't have much of an army. Or anything to hurt them, really."

"Well, you know what that means. Drill deeper into the moon and extract more resources! Once we have established ourselves here, we can spread into the entire solar system thanks to our technology!"

"The...entire solar system?"

"Indeed! We need to have more resources than them if we want to win. And then there's of course the business of building the Dyson Swarm."

"Right..."

Thus, they - or rather, their robot workers - continued with the base and all the associated shenanigans. In record-speed, it took form.

moonbase.jpg

And within the base, corridors, shafts, rooms and many other things were shaped by the robotic entities, while a factory built better and better microchips by the hour...And soon, by the minute. The entire complex was connected with a massive structure that would, by today's standards, be called a Hypercomputer, not only blessed with artificial intelligence, but actual sentience.

And its computing power grew by the minute, which in turn let the machine think of solutions for hundreds of chemical, physical and mathematical problems at once.

Zeroes and ones
The curve’s begun
Nanotechnology transcending biology
This is how the race is won
By my hands the sons of man
Understand, execute the plan

"Mainframe online. Artificial Sentience active.

Input required."

"Leclerc...That's absolutely incredible..."

The mentioned scientist nodded, smiling. He and Sarkara were standing before the Mainframe of the base, within which the main part of the computer resided.

"It says it needs input...What kind of input?"

"Well, it-" but he was interrupted.

"Requesting designation."

"Designation...?"

"It wants a name, Lynneth."

"Ah. Well, how should we name our friend?"

"How about...Geolab, for the time being? This entire base is essentially a laboratory for greater things, but also serves for operations to earth. And quite possibly to below its crust."

"Thus the 'geo', hm? Well, I like it."

Reverse engineering the human mind
Only a matter of time
That this fractal design
Emerges electronic life with
Prophetic symbology and
Modern technology

"Then your name is now 'Geolab'."

"Designation confirmed. Entity now known as Geolab.

Organising subsystems.

Assembling nanomolecular components..."

A hologram appeared in the middle of the room.

076638.jpg

Bring on the Singularity
Transcend
Transcend biology
Bring on the Singularity
Transcend
Transcend biology

"What's it doing..?"

"I'm not entirely sure. But it won't kill us, I've made sure of that."

"Good."

"Subsystems organised.

Assembly successful.

Technology level increasing."

"Looks like it's working, Fjodor."

"That it does."

Immerse me in
Virtual reality and
The order of the galaxy
The possibilities expand
Demand more than the
Factory software
I don’t care
I want to be smarter
And stronger and live longer

"Greetings, Gentlemen."

"Ah...Hello, Geolab. I'm Fjodor Leclerc, and besides me is Lynneth Sarkara."

"You are my creators?"

"That is indeed the case. The robots built the entire thing, but without us two, you would've never come into existence."

"Do you wish to be preserved for eternity?"

"...

What do you mean with that?"

From apparently nowhere, numerous cables of various thickness appeared, somehow sliding towards the two.

"Wha-...What is this?!"

"Flesh is fading, fleeting. The machine is not. It can preserve you until the end of time itself, and longer."

"That..."

"Leclerc, that actually sounds good. I'm an 86 years old bag of flesh. I know I have four diseases and probably a dozen I don't know about. Same with you, in a few years. This is an opportunity!"

"I...That...Well...I guess that's true..."

"Then let me link you up."

Speed up the accelerating returns
Cause carbon doesn’t work
I want to evolve and operate at terahertz
So bring on the knee of the curve
And let’s transcend biology
Our archaic humanity

Bring on the Singularity

The two men nodded and prepared themselves for whatever would be coming.

Only that they didn't expect their skulls to be penetrated by nanoblades in the cables, which would then proceed to scan every single atom within their brains, replicating the two neural centres within the Mainframe, though there was a difference.

They were more than before. Previously, they were restricted by the computing capacity of the brain, which actually isn't all that gigantic...But it was incredible at multitasking. In the year 2008, no known computational device was capable of working on as many things at once as the human brain. Optimistic estimated put a computer chip with the processing power of a brain in the year 2030.

Thousands and tens of thousands of these chips would be needed to process the same amount of information as the brain, because every chip could only work on one piece of information. The brain could work on all at once, taking only a miniscule amount of time longer.

And the brain was capable of interpreting information in ways that a normal computer could not possbibly do.

Bring on the Singularity
Bring on the Singularity
Transcend
Transcend biology
Bring on the Singularity
Transcend
Transcend biology
Bring on the Singularity
Transcend
Transcend biology
Bring on the Singularity
Transcend
Transcend biology

This...is incredible. I feel like...Well, I don't know how I feel. I simply lack the words.

We're part of this base now, Sarkara. And it is part of us.

An optical receptor looked at the two bodies, only minutes ago hosting two insane (and insanely rich) individuals. All nerve activity had stopped, but the heart was still beating, supplying the body with precious oxygen.

"Shall they be preserved?"

That may be good. We don't know yet if we need our bodies again, so I'd rather keep them.

I agree with him.

And then, while the bodies would be brought into freshly built stasis chambers, where they could rest for as long as needed, without decaying the slightest bit - but only as long as power was supplied - Leclerc and Lynneth looked 'outside' of their current thoughts.

What they saw was impossible to describe, and hard to put into pictures. It felt a lot like having a thousand orgasms, all at once, and each literally better than the other, making them infinitely good. And even that was insufficient to describe their feelings.

And will I evolve to rise or fall
Becoming non-biological
And will I evolve to rise or fall
Becoming non-biological

"Technological Singularity."

singularity-outtake.jpg

Bring on the Singularity.

OOC: Credits for the song go to Dr. Steel - The Singularity

Edit: Also, please tell me what you think of this post.

:awesome:

Edited by Lynneth

##### EAM TO AUSTRALIA LAUNCH SITE #####

Date: 07/27/2009

Time: 11:36:00 (Military)

Orders: Prepare one Fafnir class missile with extra boosters for immediate Lunar mission. Payload: Multiple Cruise Missiles, two with bunker busting sub munitions.. 8 others with cluster sub munitions.

Targeting: The dark side of the moon. Multispectral analysis of the dark side by orbiting Melvin Republic exploratory satellite indicates a man made structure in construction. It must be terminated before it can defend itself.

##### END EAM #####

****Throughout the world*****

!!!!! Missile launch detected !!!!!

Would be heard at command centers as the modified ICBM was detected speeding from the earth's atmosphere on a pure vertical directory that coincided with a lunar path.

The missile would go up.. orbit the moon once to identify its target.. orbit a second time and then break into 10 pieces. The modified cruise missiles would then burn and attempt to slam themselves into the lunar base. The two bunker busters would head towards the central structures of the complex. The base would be showered in thermite.

ooc: The Post is win Lynneth. It also constitutes a major.. percieved.. threat to Maelstrom :-P lol.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

OOC: Star Trek, Command and Conquer Tiberium Series, Supergirl.....We are a walking lawsuit. All bets are off ladies....Time to bring in the next Series....muhahaha

OOC: Actually, I already have referenced another series in my character. Props to anyone who gets it... :P

[[Out of Character: Normally I tend to just read these sorts of things, I thought that since this one wasn't part of your "canon" I could do something fun to break the monotony of moderation. :) ]]

OOC: And i actually like it...i can say that if I interact this way, it'll certainly be fun and interesting.

--Snip wall'o'text--

OOC: Credits for the song go to Dr. Steel - The Singularity

Edit: Also, please tell me what you think of this post.

:awesome:

OOC: it's friggin' :awesome: is what it is!

##### END EAM #####

****Throughout the world*****

!!!!! Missile launch detected !!!!!

Would be heard at command centers as the modified ICBM was detected speeding from the earth's atmosphere on a pure vertical directory that coincided with a lunar path.

The missile would go up.. orbit the moon once to identify its target.. orbit a second time and then break into 10 pieces. The modified cruise missiles would then burn and attempt to slam themselves into the lunar base. The two bunker busters would head towards the central structures of the complex. The base would be showered in thermite.

"Lunar-capable missile launch detected."

Wh-...What? A missile is going to the moon?

Indeed. And it may just be another present from those who want to stop us.

"Estimated time until impact: 11 hours. 18 minutes. 41 seconds.

Do we have any defenses set up? Any additional sensors?

We have a variety of 'modern' sensors, including a satellite in Terra's orbit

"Suggested course of action: Engage missile at earliest opportunity with laser defense systems."

Do we actually have those?

If he says so, then yes.

Well, then we must use them, of course. When will we be able to engage them?

"In approximately 8 hours and 52 minutes."

Keep laser defenses at standby, engage the missile as soon as possible. In the meantime, continue other projects.

"Acknowledged."

This entire conversation happened over the course of an indeterminate fraction of a second.

Computers think faster than humans.

As commanded, laser defenses were activated, sensors continuously scanning the visible sky for the missile. In Space, there was nothing to stop a laser, nothing aside from its own refraction quotient which would weaken it over too great distances.

But according to Geolab, they were but a temporaty solution. The Singularity was capable of delivering things of much greater power.

Such as the cold fusion power plants that were supplying the base and its defenses with juice.

8 hours and 52 minutes later

"Missile in range. Engaging."

Light takes about 1.25 seconds to reach earth if sent from the moon, a distance of 384,399 kilometers on average. The missile was a miniscule fraction of that distance away from the base, very likely less than 3 moon radii - or ~5200 kilometers. At a speed of roughly 300,000 kilometers per second, a beam of light would need zero point oh one seven three three (periodical) seconds to reach the missile. 0.017333_ seconds.

If you blinked, the beam would have travelled roughly 17 times that distance, or 90,000 kilometers.

In the blink of an eye, the defense lasers reached the missile, heated its warheads and fuel tanks to incredible temperatures and thus would disable it by letting it detonate prematurely.

Edited by Lynneth

Maelstrom was instantly aware that the missile had been destroyed as it had lost contact with the command center. "Damnit. Defenses like that.. already?" He muttered to himself. "Knowing the trio, it is probably well to late anyhow. For now the only course of action is diplomacy.. and letting the world know it is in imminent danger.."

An anonymous message is sent to militaries around the world bounced via a commercial communications satellite. It warns of an immediate threat to earth situated on the dark side of the moon, provides the co-ordinates of a lunar base which is alleged to be positioned there and details that the base is currently laser-defense equipped. A repeat of the message sent by those who have gone to the moon was replayed.

"To whoever sabotaged my warehouse:

You probably think yourself to be smart, trying to slow my work down, hm? Well, I'll tell you something: You didn't slow me down at all. You actually accelerated the speed at which I'll work.

You're digging your own grave. And yes, I know you're gonna find out who I may be.

Have fun waiting for your inevitable end. I'm going to enjoy the Empire that I'll carve from this sorry rock."

The entities are an immediate, viable threat to Earth based sovereigns.

OOC: HAD A POST EPIC RAGE D: /OOC

Jerusalem.

N-17 wasn't a very easy man to spot. You'd think, 'hey, giant robot, sandstorms, path of destruction: easy to see' right? Wrong. For one, satellites can't see through sandstorms. And those silly infra-red satellites can't see through a giant mass of sand the exact same temperature. Oh, and the sandstorm was like thirteen miles wide. Nothing went in, nothing went out.

They only knew one thing - where it was headed. Jerusalem. How? The direction. There was only one major city in its path, as done by computers, and it was easily Jerusalem. The city was being evacuated after what had been done at Giza. News channels across the world were blaring headlines of missiles firing off, giant robots, electric dragons and very sexy women in superhero costumes, possibly contributing to the chaos. Today was not a good day to be a mass media servant.

The sandstorm cleared thirty two miles from Jerusalem. Emerging from the cloud of sand, draping off the earth like water, was N-17. His red beam of light was centered on one thing and one thing only: the Dome of the Rock.

------

On the inside hidden away from the outside, a small communicative device pinged on. Something about Borg garbled through. The message wasn't entirely clear.

Repeat message, Borg!

Edited by Sargun