National resources in CNRP

Alright, I have a serious question that will effect the course of my RP...

My national resources are gold and oil. Obviously, Florida does not have any gold mines and very limited access to oil in the Gulf of Mexico. However, since we're RPing as our nation and not as the RL land (besides geography) I'm asking if it would be permissible for me to 1) Have gold mines in the northern part of my country and 2) RP the discovery of fairly substantial oil reserves off of my West Coast. I've already done this somewhat, but I wanted to do a large exploration thing and wanted to make sure this was okay before putting lots of time into it.

Alright, I have a serious question that will effect the course of my RP...

My national resources are gold and oil. Obviously, Florida does not have any gold mines and very limited access to oil in the Gulf of Mexico. However, since we're RPing as our nation and not as the RL land (besides geography) I'm asking if it would be permissible for me to 1) Have gold mines in the northern part of my country and 2) RP the discovery of fairly substantial oil reserves off of my West Coast. I've already done this somewhat, but I wanted to do a large exploration thing and wanted to make sure this was okay before putting lots of time into it.

Its fine. I have large Iron mines and extensive Wheat farming.

I don't even RP my IG resources. Marble and Furs may have been useful in the 1100's but not today.

Not true if you understand how high in demand fur and marble is today and how expansive it is on the market and for quarries and I guess trappers to produce for.

Not true if you understand how high in demand fur and marble is today and how expansive it is on the market and for quarries and I guess trappers to produce for.

You're right. I was looking and saw that marble has many important industrial uses. Do you think that resources can include for closely related stuff? Like could leather be included with fur, and could Marble include other important rocks like granite and quatrz?

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail I

Do you think that resources can be substituted for closely related stuff. Like could my furs be substituted with leather, and could Marble be substituted for more important rock like granite and quatrz?

Well you can Kaiser, however I really think you underestimate the value of marble and furs. Think of today's great fashion designers and the clothes designed in Paris, Milan, and New York. A coat of fine fur could cost $1000 or hundreds more. And think of a marble tombstone or something like that, costs near or more as much as furs do. Though you can substitute, or use the resources in Pakistan to begin with, which I'm sure there's bound to be something good.

Well you can Kaiser, however I really think you underestimate the value of marble and furs. Think of today's great fashion designers and the clothes designed in Paris, Milan, and New York. A coat of fine fur could cost $1000 or hundreds more. And think of a marble tombstone or something like that, costs near or more as much as furs do. Though you can substitute, or use the resources in Pakistan to begin with, which I'm sure there's bound to be something good.

The reason I asked was because I wanted to suit Pakistan more closely. Pakistan does have a lot of Marble, so I will be RPing that, but they don't really have many animals suited for furs. However, leather products are exported.

Marble and Furs may have been useful in the 1100's but not today.

Well they are apparently useful in CN... remember CN is not a 100% reflection of RL.

The only RP I've done related to resources is when I have lost bonus resources and I treat this as a labour strike. If my population drops due to lost resources, then I attribute this to deaths from labour unrest - or in the case of losing beer, the application of prohibtion.

Well they are apparently useful in CN... remember CN is not a 100% reflection of RL.

The only RP I've done related to resources is when I have lost bonus resources and I treat this as a labour strike. If my population drops due to lost resources, then I attribute this to deaths from labour unrest - or in the case of losing beer, the application of prohibtion.

Botha, I want to RP a war with you. I'm in range but to declare I'd actually have to fight, and so I'd get jumped by three IRON members.

halp?

The reason I asked was because I wanted to suit Pakistan more closely. Pakistan does have a lot of Marble, so I will be RPing that, but they don't really have many animals suited for furs. However, leather products are exported.

Well, I don;t think there's a rule against using a close substitute, so go ahead... :)

I myself actually got resources suited somewhat to Australia--Cattle, and lumber (yes, Australia, despite its reputation, does produce some lumber), and I've RP'd being careful with these resources, so I've never had to worry about that.

Well, I don;t think there's a rule against using a close substitute, so go ahead... :)

Sweet, I can now start producing "Member's Only" jackets. Yes, my country really is 30 years behind America in fashion.

My resources are Cattle and Lumber. Neither of which are in major supply. So instead I claim them as my major imports. Using the wood for construction and methanol, and the cattle for well cattle stuff.

Course Antarctica is like "lulz we got bling foo" in the resource department