Conference for North African Peace

"Theres something I noticed out of all this. The UMS is only attacking because Nod used violent military means to expand its territory. Now it may not have been the most humanitarian way to go about doing such, but lets be serious, the government in that region had been neglecting its people, Nod was going to rebuild those areas that were destroyed or otherwise affected by the conflict, and their targets were military not civilian. It seems that both sides rushed into a conflict that could have otherwise been resolved peacefully and without armed forces. The UMS, although justified in its claim that the Nation of Nod's ways are un-preferred by the majority, should not have resorted to those same ways to put them down. I'm sure that if instead of making rash ultimatums that the other side would never accept, the UMS had brought a Nod represenative into their country and worked out an agreement on territories that Nod should receive and sort out the rest for a protectorate this conflict would have never happened, and the nations would be getting along fine. Since we are having that talk now I suggest we work towards something like that."

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

th_Korvacs.jpg

"The NoN would like to disagree with the current direction the deliberations are going," Nyani said.

"First off...when word first spread about our invasion, there were almost no objections to military involvement."

"Nations from around the world congratualated our moves of bringing stability to the region - with one of those nations being present here..." she said, looking at the Promised Land representative.

"And as for the UMS' foolish claim that we are a terrorist nation, and that our existance threatens their citizens' safety - I only point to the representative's bumbling presentation a few moments ago... obviously his nervousness displaying the UMS' underlying goal, destruction of our city and our nation... As our great leader said before, if we must fight to survive, then we have no choice but to fight.

Edited by Executive Minister

Simond snickered a little bit, almost as if 'bumbling' at been a punchline. "Sir, I bumble only for your safety and continuation of existence..." A belligerent undertone began to set underway. "If it were not for the cool minds of myself and Lord Prefect Kilik Torqameda, your so-called Nation of Nod would be a dust bowl right now, rife with the stinging corpses of your own dismay and bellicose policies."

His fingers twirled on the table set before him, clasping the edges every so often as he spoke... a manner of speaking he hadn't experienced in years. It was a rush--a head rush in fact. It was a high that he didn't want to shake.

"The fact is that you, Nodic terrorists, invaded a sovereign nation to instill some sort of high-seated power. You claim the ability to bring order back, yet how do you ever think that any self-thinking African nation would accept this? You cannot just up and grab land without due notice. You brought no stability... no, you brought unjustified chaos and a casus belli that would only be laughed upon by any intellectual.

I beg to differ to your claim, sir. Not only did we offer your people two ultimatums, of which were ignored both times, we offered you a cease fire. How was our generosity returned? A line of bullets that killed dozens of men. If you truly wanted stability in the region, you would have listened to reason and backed down immediately. You did not, and we sit here now because of your arrogance.

If you, or anyone else, believes that the United Mechodamian States could sit back idly as a border nation teemed in chaos... I have no words suitable for this room here. In short, they'd be called an idiot by any Good Samaritan. The fact is that nations outside of Africa may have accepted it, but African nations, such as Somal and the Rebel Army, did not. And as the major hyper powers in the region, it is our responsibility to keep our powers in check and to provide aid-fall to those who need it... in this case being the people of the ISoA..."

He then snidely added, "If you would get off your damn high horse for one moment, you'd see this logically instead of the fantasy world you and your ally seem to be drowning in."

Edited by SpacingOutMan

"If I may interject here? The UMS didn't intervene when the invasion took place. They didn't even say a word until the public execution of the President of the territory in question. you claim to be liberating the nation Nod invaded, but if this were true, why did you not say a word until they executed the president? Which came long after the initial invasion, I should note."

"Gentlemen, it seems that everyone here has a similar goal, developing undeveloped areas. They just tried it in ways that conflicted. I suggest you all work on that groundwork, keep your pre-war borders.. and focus on rebuilding.. not just yourselves but each other. Africa need not devolve into a cesspool of chaos, destruction, and war. Where you take it in your hands. I cannot stop you all from fighting. I can only give you a direction to take and the means to take it. Will you settle and work this out like men or take to the fronts and destroy each other which is the cowards way out? It is many fold the challenge to build up than to tear down." Anthony challenged them.

Simond snickered a little bit, almost as if 'bumbling' at been a punchline. "Sir, I bumble only for your safety and continuation of existence..." A belligerent undertone began to set underway. "If it were not for the cool minds of myself and Lord Prefect Kilik Torqameda, your so-called Nation of Nod would be a dust bowl right now, rife with the stinging corpses of your own dismay and bellicose policies."

His fingers twirled on the table set before him, clasping the edges every so often as he spoke... a manner of speaking he hadn't experienced in years. It was a rush--a head rush in fact. It was a high that he didn't want to shake.

"The fact is that you, Nodic terrorists, invaded a sovereign nation to instill some sort of high-seated power. You claim the ability to bring order back, yet how do you ever think that any self-thinking African nation would accept this? You cannot just up and grab land without due notice. You brought no stability... no, you brought unjustified chaos and a casus belli that would only be laughed upon by any intellectual.

I beg to differ to your claim, sir. Not only did we offer your people two ultimatums, of which were ignored both times, we offered you a cease fire. How was our generosity returned? A line of bullets that killed dozens of men. If you truly wanted stability in the region, you would have listened to reason and backed down immediately. You did not, and we sit here now because of your arrogance.

If you, or anyone else, believes that the United Mechodamian States could sit back idly as a border nation teemed in chaos... I have no words suitable for this room here. In short, they'd be called an idiot by any Good Samaritan. The fact is that nations outside of Africa may have accepted it, but African nations, such as Somal and the Rebel Army, did not. And as the major hyper powers in the region, it is our responsibility to keep our powers in check and to provide aid-fall to those who need it... in this case being the people of the ISoA..."

He then snidely added, "If you would get off your damn high horse for one moment, you'd see this logically instead of the fantasy world you and your ally seem to be drowning in."

Al Asad: You should be more mindful of the direction of your tongue with respect to your body Simond. At this rate they're going to split in two. In other words, you speak of peace but snidely imply violence at the same time. There are already more then enough men in this world willing to kill each other over this conflict. Et tu? Have you brought anything different Simond. Think. THINK HARD. Has there been one instance in this entire conflict that you have brought anything short of chaos yourself to the region? If it weren't for you, the battle would have been over and this thing would be done, but you just had to be the hero and come in with guns blazing. Now the deaths from this entire event have likely gone up by an entire order of magnitude!

Al Asad stands and begin to smack his palm into the table as he speaks, his passion over-flowing from his own past, his own memories of war.

Al Asad: There is no soul who took up arms in this conflict that is free from blood here. There are no "good guys" in this war, you are the one on the high horse Simond! The only GOOD people in this war were those who came with offers of aid without recompensation to the people in the form of medical supplies and food. All we've brought are bombs and guns. Yet history has been so kind to us as to allow the people in this room to decide the fate of this region! As it always does. That stated. Why don't we just get down to business here, figure out where the lines on the new map should be drawn and agree not to kill each other and bring our soldiers home.

Al Asad: After all, we're all bad guys here... For any side that thinks they waged a just war here, I'll drag a dead kid in from the streets and drop them on this table with your name on them, it was your bombs that killed them. Let's face it people, you're not here to find out who was right or wrong in this war, we'll let history decide that one. We're simply here to bring an END to this war.

Al Asad: Now. Is that too much to ask?

Etain rolled her eyes at Al Asad's speech.

"Oh sit down you pretentious windbag. If it hadn't been for the intervention of the other parties here, this matter may have been settled by now. You people have a history of sticking your noses in places where they don't belong and this is just one more example.

Now, we've stated that we would like to see the stability in the region, but that the methods being used were unacceptable. USM was close by and decided to do something about it. This wasn't a war of conquest, it was a war of principle. The casualties of this conflict seem to be in direct proportion to the number of nations involved. Had you left well enough alone, I'm sure the body count would be much lower."

She sat back and crossed her arms, glaring.

"Instead, you jump into it, woefully unprepared, and drag yet more into the battles. Not only that, but a sliver of your government seems to have gone even more rouge than you already are, and they may have to be squashed before this all ends."

Simond felt a bit of consolation in Etain's words. It was true... it was entirely a war of principle.

"It is you who should watch their tongue, sir. The fact is, as it was just stated by someone in this room... and I apologize for not recognizing who... we did not, and still do not, feel that the essential invasion itself was illegal. We intervened when a public figure was publicly humiliated and pointlessly killed. How does that serve to instill any sort of stability in a region? It proves nothing. Actually, it provides cowardice and immoral practices. If this were handled diplomatically, the body count would remain what it did pre-UMS intervention, but now it dauntlessly rises on both sides over a matter of principle, and why other parties became involved is beyond me.

We do not want to dismantle the Nodic people. We understand their plight because we've been in a similar situation at one point in our long history within the former glory of The Republic. We want resolve, not blood here people. We offered peace and until the Nods realize they must surrender, we will pursue the sacking of Addis Abba. As we speak a war in itself wages in a raging fashion, seeking the lives of so many countless soldiers. Want this to end? Fine. We will do what is deemed necessary to finish this peacefully... that is within our window of agreement.

If the Nods would come to their senses and agree to surrendering, which was never taken away as an option, we would gladly discuss land grants and leases. However, the moment they turned a seemingly harmless expansion into a propagated horror show... that is where we drew the line and realized we could not stand idle as our neighbors took to arms in such atrocious ways.

And that is our case, plain and simple. Don't like it? Shove off because I will not sit here and be bashed because people who were practically irrelevant in this situation demanded and insisted they become involved. And now here we stand... conquest brewing under our boots."

You people have a history of sticking your noses in places where they don't belong and this is just one more example.

Al Asad: It is strange, no matter where I seem to stick my nose, despite my arab skin, I never seem to be able to get it as brown as yours... tell me? What dis your secret?

Al Asad: I kid! I kid! Ah, fine. You don't think the invasion was illegal? Neither do I! What nation honestly declares their own military invasions to be illegitamate. Otherwise you'd have seen us in court and not the battlefield! Nod's actions prove cowardice and immoral practices? Enough for you to wage war?

Al Asad: Then what of your friend Somal? Are there not pictures Somal from THEIR early begginings of them publicly executing the leaders of their land after they painted them as "war-lords". Would the USM like to wage war on Somal for these practices, or do they feel that that would be taking off a bit more then they can chew? Admit it, this proves to me at least that you only took on this conflict because you felt it made you look good and you felt you could win.

Al Asad: The Nation of Nod should not have to "surrender" to anyone at the knife-point of threats to their nation. Instead, we request that all sides agree to a cessation of hostilities and efforts be taken to provide stabalization of the region. The nation of Nod also should not be environed on all sides as it is not befitting of any nation and should be granted rights to expansion to the North or South East for the growth of their nation and acess of a port. If the USM feels themselves to high and mighty, prove it in the hearts and minds of the people by aiding the region and adding to the stabiliity. Not by demanding surrender by threats of massive missile bombardment.

OOC: UMS******** for the tenth time. haha :P

IC:

"Not once, nor ever, did we threaten missile attacks, so please straighten your accusations before you spew them with your callused lips. The fact is that the ISoA government were unable to perform their duties, which is under mutual agreement. However, to wage careless war and without notification to the international community... it's just not how it works in this world, bud. The ISoA people have rights to, and who is going to defend them? Their defunct government? No. That would be us... the arbiters of a neighboring nation only striving to strengthen our security.

The fact of the matter is that Somal was established many years before we even began the revolutionary movement to break off from The Republic, let alone reacquire all of its lands. Anything done in Somal's past is irrelevant because we were not present.

Your words fall on deaf ears, proving a mild idiocy, and I do mean offense. We offered cessation of hostilities. We have said multiple times about granting land access to the sea to the Nods. We have continuously aired these statements, yet the Nods refuse and continue the fight they started in principle."

We offered cessation of hostilities. We have said multiple times about granting land access to the sea to the Nods.

Al Asad: No offense taken, no matter how hard you try! Then, what else can I do. If you have sea access and a cessation of hostilities here Nod, I suggest you take it, I'd rather spend time raiding the food this place is offering then having this war raid us of any more. We will still be there when this is done, they will not destroy your nation and this war will be finished. Let's dissapoint the generals on both sides and grab this offer, I think it sounds fair.

Al Asad: As far as I'm concerned. That is sufficient. I'm going to go eat now. I find a declaration of ceasation of hostilities and the growth of the Nation of Nod so they can have some growth room and sea access through their own country to be acceptable. I'm not going to stick around and shoot my mouth off for anything else. A war with an end you can walk away from is a good war for men is it not? If peace can't be met with that statement, I don't know how we can! Excuse me please.

Al Asad walks off to grab some food and what how the rest of the conversation goes.

th_Korvacs.jpg

Minister Nyani was angry. She could 'hear' her pulse quickening in her ears.... as she glared at the representative from the UMS, her eyes started to wander towards the pen that lay infront of her...

If I strike this fool in his jugular, surely that would be enough to let the hot air from his lungs escape for good?

Nyani shook her head... she was no longer a member of a special forces 'Fate Team', highly trained assassins... she was a diplomat, and bringing an end to this war was first and foremost the ultimate goal now... many lives rested on the people gathered in the hotel, especially that of her beloved Janus...

"You say you bumble for my safety and continuation of existance - if not for you or your vaunted Lord's cool tempers Addis Ababa would be a dust bowl filled with corpses. These are the words of a true terrorist, ladies and gentlemen of this deliberation." Nyani said as she scanned the room, before resting her eyes squarely on the man's face.

"I find it horribly ironic that you also accused the Nation of Nod of terrorism, of invading a sovereign nation to instill some sort of high-seated power when you, yourself are guilty of these same crimes! You continue to boast about how if our nation does not bend to your nation's will that our grand city of Addis Ababa will continue to be SACKED by your forces... How can YOU expect to bring order back and expect other African nations to accept your supreme idiocy? To blatantly accuse another of crimes you yourselves have committed?"

"A true terrorist, ladies and gentlemen, gets his way by threatening violence and destruction upon his victims if they do not comply with his demands."

"The UMS have continued to act like the terrorists they accuse us of being... whether it is a knife to the throat...or a FUEL AIR BOMB TO AN APARTMENT COMPLEX, it is TERRORISM."

"It is because of YOUR arrogance -" Nyani got up out of her seat, her voice rising, "-of YOUR desire to impose your will upon others, that have caused these deaths! Do you really expect any self-repecting citizen of the NoN to simply lie down to a foreign threat of war, of the destruction of our City? To simply watch our nation be humiliated, and subject to a nation who believes that it has a divine right or reason to impose itself on others?"

"IF ANYONE needs to get off of a high horse, it is YOU and YOUR delegation!" Nyani was fuming, and did not care for the ramifications of her outburst... she did not want the point to be lost in useless drivel.

Sitting down, Nyani continued in a restrained voice.

"If the delegations would not believe the UMS are haughty at all, I would like to point to the actions of their representative...I do not know about all of your individual customs and societies, but in the NoN, ones words are held just as accountable as their actions... To say to another diplomat 'Take it or shove off' is disrespectful at best, and beautifully sums up the UMS' reasons for the invasion in my eyes."

"You continue to claim that the people of the ISoA were subject to cruelties and horror...these claims are categorically false. You have continued to toss around this rhetoric, with no proof at all. If we were as cruel or as horrible as you say we are, then how come the OVERWHELMING majority of ISoA citizens have chosen to apply for NoN citizenship? These former citizens were not coerced in any way, those who did not wish to join our family were allowed to stay in their homes, and recieved rudimentary NoN rations, as well as untampered foreign aid. These stubborn individuals were the MINORITY ruling body of Muslims, whos Shar'ia Laws have imposed cruel and unusual punishment on its non-muslim peoples..."

"The only citizens of the ISoA that have been deliberately targetted in any way were the idle body politic, and Al-Warhiri himself. This is the result of crimes he commited against the NoN and her people during the Great Divide - I will not give you a history lecture on the NoN, there are plenty of national archives still intact from your shameless bombardment of our city and civilian zones."

"This is what we have to deal with at present time, the NoN will NOT back down to foreign intrusion on our soverign nation, no matter how lowly the UMS believes we are... we ARE open to diplomatic solutions, I will remain here at the request of the Executive Minister to continue peace talks and terms, but again we WILL NOT cease the defence of our nation..."

Turning again to the UMS rep, "...you are on our soil now...you would be loath to continue your movements in our city, we are fully prepared to weather your cowardly air and artillery strikes, and are well rehearsed on how to conduct warfare on our own terms."

Nyani turned towards the main mediator of the Conference.

"I now turn towards you, sir, with my nation's current stance... In the spirit of peace, my nation will forgo the Northern Regions of ISoA territory. We will settle for the area formerly known as Ethiopia, and the sea access route that was previously offered."

''All forces will be ordered to cease fire upon UMS forces, however they will respond to any acts of aggression in kind."

"Any territory bordering the UMS that has been deferred to us will be demilitarized, to avoid tensions from their pretentious government."

"This is our offer - unlike the UMS, we will not declare "take it or shove off" and are open to talks. Until then, the war continues..."

Edited by Executive Minister

"I appreciate that the people of Nod are still willing to work with this body. We urge the UMS to accept the offer and conclude this conflict. Is Mechadamia in approval of halting offensives against Nod if they hold to their land and their land only and stop all terrorist and expansion activities?"

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

"I don't believe the Islamic States of Africa are interested in fighting against Nod in the first place. In fact, I don't believe I see a representative of theirs here."

OOC: Non-player-controlled territory, is what it was when Nod invaded.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

ooc: Sure, that works if you guys want to war for a bit. The Empire would likely keep these negotiations going as the war was fought until the peace terms were made and the time between these posts could be days or weeks so you have a good chunk of time you could still be fighting as war threads are considered to be in micro-scale.

OOC: I didnt see any where in this conference that the war had ended... SOM was PMing me about a 1v1 between me and him only...maybe thats the reason?

OOC: That may be true... but the proponents for peace present would almost make it seem like any further conflict was coming from his end. Strategically, I don't think his character wants to look Bellicose.

OOC: Well if it's not, I'm going to be somewhat inactive over the next few days. I have to get home to see my family a bit. I might not have an internet connection during that time. By the way, I will save up and pay 1 million dollars IG to anyone that gets me Mykeps sword from that battle with Sarah :P. That takes me 10 days to save up for! But I'll save it up just for that sword!

Simond tipped his glasses in a faint trance, a smile maniacal in scheme appeared.

"Oh shut up. Do you really think you are impressing anyone with your wildly antics and emotional spiel? Interesting you say that you aren't terrorists... yet you instill terror on an unsuspecting populace. Do you really believe they'd resist with no leadership? They were catered to your door steps. They didn't choose to live in the Nation of Nod, or your citizenship. No... it's called coercion and you know it. There is a difference between facts and propaganda... you seem to prefer the latter.

I won't even give you the garnered respect of responding to any of your spewed garbage because it belongs outside and not within these halls.

We offered YOU peace, but you declined. We offered YOU a cease fire, but you declined. And now you sit here acting like a victim, but we have finally declined. Your vigilance is not wanted and we will make sure it doesn't set precedence.

These terms are unacceptable at the current time. We want all lands formerly possessed by the ISoA to return to NAPO protectorate, previously agreed upon by the Rebel Army, Somal, and the UMS. At that time, once chaos has been reigned by temperament and cool-heads, we can then discuss any future annexations requested.

It is no longer our prerogative to let a lowly group of self-fulfilling terrorists stomp around acting like they own the place.

However, Chairman, we would cease our advance into the Nodic regions if the NoN border were restored to pre-invasion and as said before, the remaining ISoA becomes a NAPO protectorate until we can decide what the Nods have legitimate claim for. Accept or deny at your own expense, we ensure perseverance for justice."