Conference for North African Peace

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Come on guys! I understand Pax, Promised Land and the DE are busy in their own war, but I don't wanna be in this one forever! LOL

IC:

th_Korvacs.jpg

Nyani rolled her eyes. "Ahh yes...semantics... again you retort my statements with empty accusations... civilians not involved with the ruling body politic or combat were ignored altogether in our invasion, I say this for the last time. Somalian bombers directly targetted our non-combat infrastructure, go ask them yourselves! They are your proxies in this war - their actions and your continued alliance have made this abundantly clear."

"I refuse to aknowledge any further insinuations from your delegation regarding the past Invasion of the ISoA!"

Nyani turned to the other delegates, their eyes jaded with fatigue - the conference had been ongoing for weeks and many were wary of the war. News reached the delegation about another war to the North-East between member states in the conference. The other delegates were eager to leave and address their own conflicts.

"I ask the delegations of the Dragon Empire and Promised Land to respond to my previous statement on the interventions of a totally neutral and uninvolved peacekeeping force. I understand your situations, but the force does not need to be large, the symbolic significance of such a force would suffice to bring this conflict to an end."

Edited by Executive Minister

Major Jack O'Niel stands and replies, "No sir, we did not deliberately target your civilian infrastructure. This is yet another example of the outrageous propaganda being spread by your respective countries. We did attempt to bomb legitimate military targets, but were forced to turn back. Such a claim on your part is an outright lie. Further, the Republic will take great issue to having the forces of Promised Land deploying any sort of peace keeping force. They have been implicated in a biological attack on our nation that claimed the life of 533 of our citizens. Having them deploy would inflame the population of the Republic of Free Somal."

OOC: You'll note that in accordance to Zarfef's request I changed my post from targeting civilians to being forced to turn back in my initial air attacks.

Edited by Firestorm

OOC: Yes, you changed the post of the bombers reaching and hitting the city, however, the post where you announced the bombers were going to bomb the city is still there...

Here

Its safe to say, even if the bombers never reached there, from their courses it could be easily figured and implied you were gunning for the city.

IC:

th_Korvacs.jpg

"General O'Neill," Nyani turned to the man, "The large wave of bombers that was repelled by a joint Aether-NoN air defense net was on an approach vector towards our city - far from any underlying military bases... however, since we annihilated the threat, the point is moot, however, your intentions were quite clear."

"Yet you so clearly point out that in order to get to that city they had to fly over large groups of Aether and NoD troops. Those were our designated targets as it was intended they would clear a path for our ground forces to advance upon your capital. Keep spinning as CNN isn't here to parrot your blatantly false crap all over the world for a change. And that's Major O'Niel, I work for a living," he concludes.

OOC: I have to agree with Somal here, final knowledge of the bombers final destination was OOC information practically, it was given for narrative and there would be no way we could divine out their final bombing locations. The pilots themselves may not of known, I think that any declarations here would only be based off speculation and why it it would be focussed on Somal more then the UMS or anyone else would seem strange.

Major Jack O'Niel stands and replies, "No sir, we did not deliberately target your civilian infrastructure. This is yet another example of the outrageous propaganda being spread by your respective countries. We did attempt to bomb legitimate military targets, but were forced to turn back. Such a claim on your part is an outright lie. Further, the Republic will take great issue to having the forces of Promised Land deploying any sort of peace keeping force. They have been implicated in a biological attack on our nation that claimed the life of 533 of our citizens. Having them deploy would inflame the population of the Republic of Free Somal."

OOC: You'll note that in accordance to Zarfef's request I changed my post from targeting civilians to being forced to turn back in my initial air attacks.

"We're not stupid, whatever you may think of us, major," the general said. "The last thing we want is to make this situation worse, knowing what your people think of us. But a party that was totally uninvolved up to this point...perhaps Rebel Army, (OOC: As their involvement was minimal), could provide the peacekeeping troops suggested by Nod."

"Perhaps we ought to let the big boys sort this out between us and that's final. The Republic of Free Somal strongly objects to any peace keeping force being deployed at this time," replies Major Jack O'Niel.

"We do however have intelligence over great importance," continues the Major as he walks over to the nearest wall and spreads out a large map. "Our intelligence operations have concluded that the majority of IoSA is divided on their willingness to be independent or join with the nation of NoD."

He points to the map and says, "The area to the north and west of Nod's terroritory has shown the desire to remain independent. However, the area to the east and south of Nod seems to be asking for the opprotunity to realize their own desitiny. Our questioning of refugees has determined that these areas seem more inclined to put the matterr of joining with Nod to a vote. As the Republic of Free Somal will be holding its own free elections soon we find it only fitting that the same opprotunity be extended to those areas to the East and to the South of Nod's traditional holdings."

"Any attempt to hold them by force will be most unwelcome and the Republic of Free Somal will resist any attempts by other powers to exert their influence. The offices of NAPO will be deployed, under a force native to Africa and uninvolved with the fighting to secure the areas to the West and North of Nod as a protectorate until such a time they are ready to realize their own self-rule. Simply, the forces of Promised Land and the Dragon Empire are not needed at this time."

He turns to the representative from Nod and says, "At this time we welcome your presence on our Western borders. To ensure a prosperous future the Republic of Free Somal offers a Mutual Defense pact with NoD."

He then turns to the representative from Aether Empire,"We offer the same arrangement to the Aether Empire providing that a prompt exchange of prisoners is handled. Despite the utterly absurd reports aired on CNN the Republic of Somal did not kill all of your intruders. We are in possesion of several thousand survivors of the fighting and a great many of them are currently based in our hospitals undergoing extensive medical care."

"We want out pilots back and we want your soldiers to return to their homes, as their part in this mess is done and they've served their country well," he concludes.

"Perhaps we ought to let the big boys sort this out between us and that's final. The Republic of Free Somal strongly objects to any peace keeping force being deployed at this time," replies Major Jack O'Niel.

"We do however have intelligence over great importance," continues the Major as he walks over to the nearest wall and spreads out a large map. "Our intelligence operations have concluded that the majority of IoSA is divided on their willingness to be independent or join with the nation of NoD."

He points to the map and says, "The area to the north and west of Nod's terroritory has shown the desire to remain independent. However, the area to the east and south of Nod seems to be asking for the opprotunity to realize their own desitiny. Our questioning of refugees has determined that these areas seem more inclined to put the matterr of joining with Nod to a vote. As the Republic of Free Somal will be holding its own free elections soon we find it only fitting that the same opprotunity be extended to those areas to the East and to the South of Nod's traditional holdings."

"Any attempt to hold them by force will be most unwelcome and the Republic of Free Somal will resist any attempts by other powers to exert their influence. The offices of NAPO will be deployed, under a force native to Africa and uninvolved with the fighting to secure the areas to the West and North of Nod as a protectorate until such a time they are ready to realize their own self-rule. Simply, the forces of Promised Land and the Dragon Empire are not needed at this time."

He turns to the representative from Nod and says, "At this time we welcome your presence on our Western borders. To ensure a prosperous future the Republic of Free Somal offers a Mutual Defense pact with NoD."

He then turns to the representative from Aether Empire,"We offer the same arrangement to the Aether Empire providing that a prompt exchange of prisoners is handled. Despite the utterly absurd reports aired on CNN the Republic of Somal did not kill all of your intruders. We are in possesion of several thousand survivors of the fighting and a great many of them are currently based in our hospitals undergoing extensive medical care."

"We want out pilots back and we want your soldiers to return to their homes, as their part in this mess is done and they've served their country well," he concludes.

"This sounds like a relatively fair compromise, do the other parties have any input on this matter?"

OOC: Finally some compromise!

IC:

th_Korvacs.jpg

"Yes Major your proposal is a welcomed move in this conference. It has become abundantly clear that your new Somalian government sees reason and is much more pleasant to deal with than the previous one.

I have relayed information to the EM in his war room - he is inclined to accept your proposal, with regards to the East and South (OOC: Map plz?)...

On a Mutual Defense pact however...the NoN is quite understandably wary of Somal's intentions. While we recognize that the former flip-flopping government has stepped down, with your seemingly stable transitional military regime in power, we are unsure on how to proceed.

We would like to know when the MDP would be in effect before we accept your honourable proposal. We do not expect, nor believe there would be any chance of Somal's aid in the West, where the proposed peacekeepers would be deployed. Therefore we decline your position on the peacekeeping force, and still welcome any neutral parties to fill that position in the West."

Nyani sighed, a sense of relief overcoming her, maybe there was still a chance to save Janus.

"We thank Somal for breaking the political and ideological deadlock in regards to the South and East, and await action on the ongoing conflict in the West."

"Once the NAPO protectorate goes into effect your forces will be seperated from Mechodemia's forces by an uninvolved party. We suggest the good offices of Rebel Army in this matter. Neither you or Mechodemia would be insane enough to trifle with them to get at one another. They won't be peacekeeprs but in essence they'll be between the two of you," replies Major O'Niel.

OOC: Also I still can't find Aether Empire on the map. I'll speak to Sargun myself about this. I suggest the lands that DeSouza used to hold be turned over to him. If that doesn't work we'll figure something else out.

Edited by Firestorm

OOC: AE used to be on there. The southwest tip of the Arabian lands... I think where Yemen is IRL, but not all of Yemen. And he owned Djibouti as well. But if I remember the war thread right, didnt he bug out of his nation? If so, then its considered occupied territory and under the admin of whoever chased him out.

"Once the NAPO protectorate goes into effect your forces will be seperated from Mechodemia's forces by an uninvolved party. We suggest the good offices of Rebel Army in this matter. Neither you or Mechodemia would be insane enough to trifle with them to get at one another. They won't be peacekeeprs but in essence they'll be between the two of you," replies Major O'Niel.

OOC: Also I still can't find Aether Empire on the map. I'll speak to Sargun myself about this. I suggest the lands that DeSouza used to hold be turned over to him. If that doesn't work we'll figure something else out.

Gogol shook his head, as that had been pretty much what he suggested in the first place, though worded a bit differently. But he kept silent, knowing someone like this needed to believe it was their own idea before they wold accept it.

OOC: Ya dude, get well soon and relax, its ok not much has happened since my last post... Pax/DE and Khmer were goin at it for a while :S

IC:

th_Korvacs.jpg

"Then its settled...have the cartographers convene in oh two-hundred with a draft proposal."

Nyani was bursting with pride, through her and other's actions at the conference, many lives would be saved, including that of her beloved.

"Congratulations ladies and gentlemen....we all did a good thing today. I want to personally thank the Promised Land for the original proposal, and apologize for my actions with regards to the spat me and the UMS representative subsequently had that overshadowed the PL's fair proposal."

Nyani looked towards the PL delegation.

"You show promise befitting your name. We feel there is much our two nations can learn from one another... we would be honoured if you'd agree to warm diplomatic relations with us in the future. You've earned our unerring trust."

Nyani turned to the Somalian delegation.

"Although your nation engaged in an aggressive invasion attempt during this war under a previous governing body, we see that you too are trust worthy. The Nation of Nod would like to also ask for continued diplomatic negotiations with your nation. We will accept your MDP and will give you our word that not a single bullet will fly at beautiful Somal from the NoN while this treaty is active and well."

"We are more than happy to honor such a request," replies Major O'Niel who says,"It is now up to Mechodemia to withdrawal."

ooc: EM go with a basic rp about the new territory voting to join with you and so forth. Doesn't have to be much but the entire point of self-rule and determination is actually having a vote.

I'll come up with an MDP later (meaning I'll swipe someone elses and put our names on it.)

OOC: AE used to be on there. The southwest tip of the Arabian lands... I think where Yemen is IRL, but not all of Yemen. And he owned Djibouti as well. But if I remember the war thread right, didnt he bug out of his nation? If so, then its considered occupied territory and under the admin of whoever chased him out.

OOC:Nobody kicked me out before the war, I believe the map-makers accidently replaced it with the ISoA and Raochin using an older map, but no one ever invaded my land. I was willing to accept defeat during the war as an evil little ploy. The way it was figured, if the DE accepted the total surrender they'd be picking a fight with NAPO themselves by creating essentially an African Colony under Asian leaders. If they wouldn't accept the terms of complete surrender and kept attacking it would appear to the international community as though they were just war-mongers. (The nations of the world tend to look badly on you if you slaughter off a civilian/police force when that nation has completely surrendered)

My nation is visible in my factbook and I've RP'd there regularly.

Also as an OOC comment... Von Zak was ordered to continue his plans and attacks as normal acting out the rogue while Zarfef worked out the diplomatic info. Of course this would only be known between Zarfef and the Vons... with the latter already being considered crazed and rogues with no interests of Aether in mind. So it was likely that there would be minimal backlash towards them.

Just thought I'd note that somewhere.

IC:

Al Asad: I am honored to see such an agreement in terms and mutual work effort towards concordance! Let us return to peace, we agree.

Edited by Zarfef

Nyani looked towards the PL delegation.

"You show promise befitting your name. We feel there is much our two nations can learn from one another... we would be honoured if you'd agree to warm diplomatic relations with us in the future. You've earned our unerring trust."

"Thank you. We can only hope that once certain truths in our nation come to light (OOC: my recent confession on war crimes), you'll still feel the same way about us."