Conference for North African Peace

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matthew perked his head up from his light nap at the mention of ISoA lands.

"Excuse me for this but Raochin owns a small part of ISoA lands near the Red Sea up to the Rebel Army. There were some objections however it was resolved a long time ago. We'd like to keep those lands as they generate a large amount of trade income for us and we've already started investing in cities along the coast and slightly into the interior."

One of the other diplomats sent with Matthew produced a document with the details of our claim to those lands.

Said documents

Edited by Lord Zephyr

th_Korvacs.jpg

Nyani was absolutely fuming at the bespectacled man infront of her. In a highly restrained voice, each word punctuated with an obvious suppression of anger, she spoke:

"Again, the UMS representative proves to be the perfect avatar for his nation... his mannerisms and lack of respect for myself, my delegation, and my nation, mirrors his nation's brutish foreign policy and blatant disregard for our citizens...

It is not my statements that 'belong outside, not inside these halls', but his disrespect for foreign diplomats, and the diplomatic process in general..."

Nyani scanned the rooms faces, not wanting to chastize the neanderthal sitting infront of her any longer.

"Impress anyone? No i was not vying for your amazement, ladies and gentlemen."

"The pretentious representative before me again throws weightless words into the wind... while I do agree that there is a difference between propaganda and facts, the UMS' blatant blindness to their own hypocrisy on the subject of 'Terrorism' and their continued usage of uninformed and un-backable accusations aimed at my nation shows that they are exactly the haughty bunch I implied they were...

To see them continue to blather on about being the 'preservers of justice' is absolutely comical! If the situation was not so dire, I would be laughing at their idiocy!"

"We are not trying to play the victim here. In war there are only varying levels of guilt. However, the NoN finds it cowardly and unsportsmanlike to intentionally target, by proxy or by their own accord, our civilian centers.

We are not asking for aid or compassion, only that the international community sees this invasion of our sovereign lands to be exactly what it is - not a peacekeeping mission, not the destruction of a developing international terrorist pariah, and not even the 'righteous crusade against evil' that the UMS representative obviously continues to believe and imply his nations actions are..."

No, We want the world to know that the UMS expected a clear cut victory, either a surrender of our forces, or our total defeat in response to their threats.

Instead, they recieved a nation united in its defence of its own soverignity. Our forces did not back down, and will not in the future. Being as weak as they are, they tried to force our leaders' compassion for the collective safeties of our citizens to end the war...

THAT is why they targeted our residential and non-military centers... THEY believe that we are so weak as to backdown in the face of threatened extermination."

Nyani turned directly towards the UMS representative again.

"Tell me, oh great and righteous UMS" she said in a mock idolization of the man,

"If we were to lay down our arms, would we recieve fair peace terms?

Would your nation cease to impose our guilt for the East African War?

Would you ACTUALLY treat our agreement to cease fire as the terms two equals have agreed upon in order to restore peace, instead of 'a lowly group of self-fulfilling terrorists that stomped around and acted like they owned the place' surrendering to a large stick being waved in its face?"

"I think not... I do not believe in the slightest that the UMS are capable of such honour."

"If the UMS is serious in ending this war and restoring peace, we will have these deliberations and concessions made NOW in THIS conference... I will not allow the UMS another chance to invade, when we are unprepared..."

"Our terms still stand, and are still open for deliberation."

Simond simply shrugged, as if a pest were pestering away.

"You sure like to use pretentious a lot, now don't you? All I hear is a dog going 'yip yip'. For the last and final time, we stand by our cease fire offer. Accept the cease fire and make concessions in conference. Once peace is established, we will recognize the NoN as a nation of its own sovereign will.

And you do realize that if we really willed it, our forces would have steamrolled through your cities. Did you really expect that bunker busters and fuel air bombs are the most advanced weaponry in our arsenals? We have heavier bombs, stronger explosives... even our artillery are using light shells. It's expensive to wage war, sir, but if we had willed it, the expenses would have meant that we were willing to pay the price.

We do not want the destruction of the Nods, by any means. All we sought to show was that their acts were intolerable and would not be taken lightly. And here we are as a result. So yes, we will honor our cease fire pact. Hell, we will sign a freaking unbreakable treaty that prevents us, legally, to invade the NoN... under the protective guise of any African power, may it be NAPO or anyone else.

The fact is that until you set out and accept the cease fire that WAS OFFERED FOUR TIMES NOW, you are terrorists in our eyes... but the fact that we even have a representative here, and likewise to yourselves, means diplomacy still has a chance.

I am a man of humble origins... promoted to this position because of my diplomatic background. I am not vying to destroy you. If I did, you wouldn't be here right now, nor would your people be sitting in their homes and shelters.

Welcome to the real world. This isn't a sandbox where you can do whatever you want. No, there are consequences and repercussions to every action. Whatever PR hit we took, it was well worth it because we are fighting a war of morals."

Simond stumbled a bit, blood dripped onto his finger, but he quickly brushed it away. The room became dazed, a haze insurmountable. He shook it off as best he could...

"We never once targeted your population centers. We targeted your concentrated military centers. That is all. You should have known the price of war when you allowed citizens to roam freely throughout your military installations. How are we to discern civilian from military? Bullets and bombs do not discriminate, my dear female fellow.

We are here for peace. Think of this as tough love, and that's all you are going to get. We aren't here for your destruction... believe me, that could have been arranged if we had been a Nordic country.... however, we are not. You expect no honor out of us, and we feel the same to you, so we stand on even ground, bellowing at cursed remarks toward one another.

If we are to make any real progress, we need to put this !@#$%^&* aside and just talk in cool minds. I understand that the situation is tumultuous, but no matter what we are both going to accuse the other of wrong doing, thus proving absolutely nothing except our innate ability to holler at one another..."

Simond stumbled once more, air whipping through his airs...

For the first time since the conference began, Gogol displayed an expression that had no trace of glumness. Rather, it was a firm, warning look.

"I would like to note that if the UMS use any heavier weaponry, civilian casualties will escalate exponentially. In that case, Promised Land will intervene, and not on your side. As a fellow member of GPI, we cannot and will not condone escalation of this war in that manner."

Etain looked like she was going to be ill. "Is this a peace conference or a meeting of the arse snorkeling conglomerate? I believe that the terms of the return to pre-war status should be strongly considered, but that possibly a sizable buffer zone interposed between the two nations is in order."

"The Dragon Empire wouldn't mind sending peacekeeping forcing numbering up to a division to sustain a temporary demilitarized zone between the parties on the NoN/Mech border to let tensions de-escalate. All that is required is the parties return to their pre-war borders for us to set up the DMZ."

We suggest that RCDF forces not be used for peace keeping as allegations may arise that since we are allied with Somal we may not be unbiased. However base and support facilities could be provided to peace keepers by RCDF.

Al Asad was swallowed a sandwhich... he didn't want to say too much but couldn't help himself.

Al Asad: One day Mr. UMS man, I am going to laugh when a bigger power in the world speaks to your nation as speak to us now. I wonder how you will respond when they tell you they are being kind and if they felt the whim, they could wipe your cities to dust? I'd pay good money to see the look on your face! You are a VIOLENT man, I have some connections in the world of evil, I think you'd do good there, seems to fit you perfectly! It comes with good pay too! You'd be great, blood-thirsty and self-righteous! It's a rare combination. If I may from the sides remind the congregration to stop making veiled threats at the others when honestly none of us should be armed in this room, so no one should be in the position to harm anyone else.

Al Asad walks over to the table and drops a cellphone on it with some kind of application going.

Al Asad: To make sure we stop acting like children here, I am recording and planning on broadcasting these proceedings live on the internet. Maybe we'll all act a bit more mature, myself included if we realize that the entire world's watching. Why don't we produce a professional performance for once and show the world that all the nations here are working towards peace... is that enough of a motivation?

Al Asad: Once again. I reiterate. I want peace here, and I want the continued existence of the Nation of Nod as a non-environed nation with naval ports. The ways these are brought into being can be discussed within 6 moths of this talk for all I care, but the battle should end here and today. I demand peace. It will be given. Anything short by the end of the day is unnacceptable. As we speak here in this idiotic manner, the war still rages. Can we all agree on this one thing now... it's not that hard, just follow me.

Al Asad: I, Asad, agree to peace and forgive you, we hold no malice against you as war is nasty. We agree to stop killing you so we can talk this over in a civilized manner.

Al Asad: Come on, is that that hard?

"The offer has stood this entire time. It is up to them to accept."

"Your "offer" of peace has stood the entire time yet the receiver of that offer sees something they don't like in that offer, so they decline. If you were truly working towards peace instead of trying to force it on Nod, then you'd work with Nod to arrange an offer that both parties can agree on, and not just you. Thats what these talks are for, and if you don't see that then we should just leave now and let countless lives be lost until somebody important dies or the other gets tired of wasting resources."

Edited by Lord Zephyr

IC:

th_Korvacs.jpg

"With respect to the delgation of Deschaine (OOC: whats your nation again?), I will ignore the dog comment. Mr. Simond has already set his image in concrete for all of you to see. If you continue to blow my statements off as 'yipping', then you are interfering with the diplomatic process, it is that simple. If you really are 'a man of humble origins, promoted to this position because of a diplomatic background', act like it. Stop the empty rhetoric and threats, and bring actual compromise to this conference.

I am not here to convince the UMS or anyone else at this table to accept our nation's sovereignity... nor do I, or my fellow citizens care about all of your nations' opinions, for that matter.

We do not seek asylum from the vaunted NAPO or any other power as you've recommended. We are not afraid of the empty threats you continue to speak of. Continuing to threaten foreign diplomats with their national destruction is not part of the diplomatic process and will not yield any results for both parties in this conflict.

I also find it troubling that the UMS simply shrugs off 1,500 plus civilian deaths as a 'PR hit'. Those were our sons, daughters, fathers, and mothers that you so unremorsefully slayed in the name of your vaunted 'morals'.

To deny that the UMS/Somal/whomever else of your proxies involved in this war, was involved in targeting civilian centers is outrageous, and should be noted by the other delegations. Molakia and the Pax Pacis have condemned your bloc's strikes, do not tell me that those deaths were the results of civilians wandering around military installations, my dear male fellow... we do not need your 'tough love', I doubt you could satisfy us anyways! (OOC: tongue in cheek! :ehm: )

We will allow neutral, peacekeepers to man a DMZ cordon... we will even allow them to use the remains of our own DMZ cordon that we set up, previously, before this war.

Again, we will not stop our city's defence until these forces arrive (OOC: maybe someone else can RP a char from this 'UN' in the other thread) and still intend to get these peace concessions during THIS conference, not later."

"If you want peace, all you need to do is comply with the cease fire demands. It's that easy. It's fairly difficult for our soldiers on the front to discern a cease fire from a hail of a bullets, if you catch my drift.

I find it more troubling the number of ISoA sons, daughters, mothers, and fathers were needlessly slaughtered in your upkeep, but that is neither here nor there now is it? I am done arguing semantics because it will get both sides no where.

Our cease fire offer remains and will be honored with the utmost respect. We are not here to destroy you... this war is a war of principle, that is all."

OOC: Matthew goes around and shoots everyone in the legs, ties them to their chairs, and puts head phones on everyone that broadcast his voice at max volume into their ears so that he'll be heard when he speaks.

I may not have long flashy posts but I wish I'd get a response every once in a while. :/