Best Alliance Flags Nominations

Rocknraider

Personally, I disagree. The only "original" thing about the NoR-flag is the O-rune (Otherwise it's the exact copy of the war ensign of the German Empire) and it would be better without the photoshop-effects.

I have to agree with the photo-shop effects. Actually, with the vast majority of flags I've seen I've found myself wondering what it'd be like as an actual flag. I'll have to agree with Death, the IRAN flag is pretty damn cool, especially because he's foregone the noticeable shininess etc.

In the vein of liking simple flags, I nominate STA's.

200px-STAflagsmall.jpg

Methrage sucks and nominated his own flag so I'm making it official. FCC's.

Fcc_fcc_main_bar_flag_300x200.png

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A majority of CN flags look like vomit. I don't know of too many RL flags that have photoshopped glow effects and such (I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the effects that are supposed to replicate waving, fabric, etc., as those obviously aren't part of the actual design). It's a strain on the sewing machines.

I really like the PPF flag, and the Orders.

Best flag I would say either NPO or LUE. NPO's is a great design and really stands out, especially these days where you have incredibly busy flags everywhere. LUE's is just hilarious.

For dislike, I would go with TSO and Gremlins. Two awesome alliances, but photoshopping in a nuke does not a cool flag make. Especially TSO, that abomination they have doesn't look remotely like a flag.

Edited by essenia

If you can't make out the important features of your flag when its shrunk down in size, then your flag is way to complicated. There was a huge thread on how to design a good alliance flag somewhere. A few alliances should really look into reading that thread.

If you can't make out the important features of your flag when its shrunk down in size, then your flag is way to complicated. There was a huge thread on how to design a good alliance flag somewhere. A few alliances should really look into reading that thread.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...opic=14307&

For those who are thinking of designing a flag.

I like Umbrella's flag, MCXA's flag and the shiny Polar flag. However, my favourite flag of all time would have to be one of the flags Gatherum designed for Vox, that was unfortunately not selected:

FlagofVoxPopuliSpartasRevolutionKin.png

It seems that the image isn't coming through, so perhaps you could go to the following link instead:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa172/M...volutionKin.png

Edited by Francesca

I'll be opening the poll up in a day or two. Any suggestions on how I can do the poll? I'm thinking about just posting all of the flags under the poll so people will be able to look at them, but that would be a lot of work for me. I don't know of an easier way to do it though.