Liga Mundo - Season 6

Botha

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But don't you like this idea Botha? I mean you could have the Transvaal Cup.

Meh... we already have something called the Transvaal Cup.

I like the old names because while they are rotated around, I like the continuity of a different name from the same group of names from season to season... if that makes any sense.[/i]

Edited by Botha

Surely the same name every season would be more prototypical? But the hosting idea is interesting. Though I tend to find it a bit silly when people claim their nation has ten 50,000 plus seater stadiums when their population would be lucky to fill one stadium.

D'oh, last week beat Traansvaal but this week shared the honours with Swamplandia Sinners. Pretty even match in terms of chances but think I was unlucky not to edge it looking at the stats. Still keeps me in the points and thats what I need.

Maybe go with 3 recurring Liga Mundo Cups (rotating for the seasons, which go about 15 weeks), and maybe one travelling or hosted cup each season?? just my two cents worth...

(EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: Gloria de Verano Cup one season, plus a travelling cup. next season, El Legado, plus the travelling cup... etc. It makes the de Verano and El Legado an event that happens every 3-4 seasons, with more of a World Cup type atmosphere, and much tougher to defend a cup title)

BTW, after getting rollled by Transvaal (6-3 in a game that was close for the 1st half), and allowing 17 freaking shots.. I'm channelling my inner Jim Mora... "We played like diddly poo."

Save us a spot back down in Segunda for next season.

Edited by Voobaha

I was honestly confused when I saw that scoreline, 6-3. I was like "Did they have a penalty shootout or something?" That was very weird, I think that's the record for most goals scored in a Primera Game.

If we have three Cups, we'll be repeating one format... unless we have like one seeded, one random and one two-legged seeded one or something.

Arc... any negativity on my part is all with a major dose of lolz. I don't care if I end up playing in Serie Quinta (5th division)..I'm just having too much fun with LM. :)

And it is a VERY shaky start... but I did expect to play a little better through the first four games (even though they were vs the Big Three and the defending champion). Yes, the light at the end of the tunnel is NOT an oncoming train.

And for the record, comments made in Press Releases are NEVER meant as OOC personal attacks. Botha, if what I said offended in anyway shape or form, you have my apologies. While IC and making statements, Manager Trent is a very paranoid loose cannon, prone to ranting. In RL, Manager Trent is just paranoid.

Though I tend to find it a bit silly when people claim their nation has ten 50,000 plus seater stadiums when their population would be lucky to fill one stadium.

I don't know what others do, but that's the only area where I have allowed myself some leeway in sticking to the stats, namely because other methods (i.e X11, FIFA-games, etc.) have been used to generate the matches and results.

As for stadiums, while I have stuck with having 5 international-level stadiums (as I have 5 stadiums in game), for their capacities and such I just go with what they mirror in real life. Any crowd or supporter RPing I do in X11 does not necessarally reflect RPing for CN. Likewise when I have hosted and played out the Transvaal Cups.

Maybe go with 3 recurring Liga Mundo Cups (rotating for the seasons, which go about 15 weeks), and maybe one travelling or hosted cup each season?? Gloria de Verano Cup one season, plus a travelling cup. next season, El Legado, plus the travelling cup... etc. It makes the de Verano and El Legado an event that happens every 3-4 seasons, with more of a World Cup type atmosphere, and much tougher to defend a cup title)

Actually, that's pretty much along the lines what I was thinking too. But I would have the travelling cup the one which is single-match per round, because I think the two-match cups are more prestigious.

Edited by Botha

I think that's the record for most goals scored in a Primera Game.

No it's not - I'm pretty sure, regardless how one looks at the result.

I'm almost sure someone a few seasons back played out a 5-4 match (9 goals total) - I have a gut feeling we've seen 10 or 11 goals by both teams in one match. These would have probably occured in the first three seasons when the league had unstable and managerless teams still in the Primera.

As for most goals by one team in a match, Transvaal bagged 7 goals last January (Season 4) in a 7-1 masscare against Gumbo Gods. Balthazar Botha scored four goals - including a natural hat-trick - in the span of 36 minutes, which I believe is a record based on discussion we had at the time. But even then when we discussed the result, it didn't seem from anyone that 7-1 was strangely unique or out of the ordinary. With Gumbo Gods now deleted it is impossible to verify, but I think there were some other 7 goal (maybe even 8 by one team) games against Gumbo that year as they were averaging 5.08 goals against per match.

Edited by Botha

Just would like to give everyone heads up about a player that I have for sale. He is a young, 18yo, midfielder with great speed. Here is the run down on him.

team is Atlético Luz Del Mar

Leonardo Perreira(MF)

-Skill: 4

SQs: "Player is Quicker than Most"

Asking Price: 924 800

-Ill take 600 000

He will be a great project MF for any team in the Segunda or Tercera, or even rebuilding Primera teams.

Go to my team, players, and click on Leonardo Perreira and make an offer. Or go to Transfers and click to direct transfers box if you have VIP.

If you send me a PM with an offer other than 600k, I will negotiate accordingly.

I'm really getting sick and tired of losing... this team blows, lol.

Just be patient. There looks to be some potential and you have what looks like decent goalkeeping at that level. Your midfield looks to be the weakest aspect - although your defense after your best 3 drops significantly. If I were you I'd just invest in form all season and see what happens at the change upset before contemplating any massive retooling. First season in an establish league is always tough.

After getting blasted 6-0, I am wondering if I can win a game in the tercera

Your team - unlike Pravus Ingruo's - could use some major retooling.

For example, your forward line looks pretty weak. Unless they have some awesome hidden abilities (like toughness or moody) that gives them a possible boost, I would ditch Joshua Simpson and Adan Sawyer. Those guys are reaching an age where you will get little increase in skill over the subsequent seasons. Anyone over 25 you pretty much want to be at 6-bar unless they have 2 or 3 extra abilities. Simpson especially at 3-bars, I can see no benefit in keeping him around.

The only 3-bars I would contemplate keeping is if they are under 20, acquired cheaply, and longterm project players with 2 or 3 decent extra abilities.

Just be patient. There looks to be some potential and you have what looks like decent goalkeeping at that level. Your midfield looks to be the weakest aspect - although your defense after your best 3 drops significantly. If I were you I'd just invest in form all season and see what happens at the change upset before contemplating any massive retooling. First season in an establish league is always tough.

It's almost as if you read my mind... I have 12 players on form training right now.

Just wondering, what is the optimal form point - that's it, when should I stop form training my boys? I try to not force older players much (don't like going higher than 12 with those), but I honestly have no idea when the risk of injury outweighs form gains.

Just wondering, what is the optimal form point - that's it, when should I stop form training my boys? I try to not force older players much (don't like going higher than 12 with those), but I honestly have no idea when the risk of injury outweighs form gains.

I have never seen any injuries from overtraining. The only result of overtraning I have seen is there is no form benefit and you're just out the $$$ spent.

I don't think its possible to stress the benefit of well timed form training enough. As soon as someone's form starts to go horizontal or worse, form train them. You have a budget of E1m a week, spend it. You can also get some extra funds by making press releases.

In terms of getting your team to play better think about what sort of players you have and in what department you are strongest, and play to your strengths. Minilla's team looks like it is much stronger in midfield than elsewhere. To me it screams 4-5-1 or maybe even 3-5-2. Either way you need to feed balls up to Geoff Galloway, who looks like a great striker - far better than any of your other forwards.

Thanks for the tips, folks. It's highly appreciated. :)

Either way...

Today, Atlético Vinilandês (3) acquired its third victory in a row after a decisive victory against Boltonia (0) at home.

All players displayed above-average performance in the game against the more seasoned rival and played a somewhat tranquil game, giving their opponent no room for realistic opportunities for the whole first half. On the meanwhile, two goals were score in Atlético's favor.

The second half was tougher as Boltonia put its act together and struck more, but could not make it past Orãseanu, Atlético's new goalie. Despite the increased pressure, Fernão Barcelos scored the third one for his team and nailed the coffin with a 3-0.

After three competitive matches, Atlético holds a 100% win rate at home - unfortunately, it has a 0% rate away as the team lost three matches when not playing at Estádio Fernando Veríssimo. The team is hoping to break the taboo against the Reds in the 28th for the cup.