Liga Mundo - Season 6

Botha

My team is struggling with discipline problems.

Considering I face you next in Liga play, this is exactly what I want to hear. We could see a lot of cards in our match, since my team is known for not pulling its punches.

FC Franzharia has been struggling a lot lately

They made it out of their round, which really surprised me. I think you have a pretty decent shot.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my season is now officially a write-off.

Forget defending our title, we now face a dire battle to stay out of relegation as we begin a 6-game series against the Big 3 teams. I had been expecting I would be sitting at 5-0 at this point so that I could then weather out the Big 3 and at very worst still be around 5-6 once done with them - however things could get real ugly for us real fast.

Picked up yet another injury on our fullback line, although not as critical as losing Hooiber a few matches ago. But with Bert van der Meer playing mediocre at best and struggling to maintain form, the once vaunted Springboks defense looks like a house of cards. This is our fourth longterm injury in our defensive zone since the last quarter of last season.

Not sure why the sudden collapse. We lost one major player on our attack due to retirement and now we are a mess on the field? Don't get that.

Edited by Botha

Botha, I solved that by going to internet cafes during my holiday. Sure you can't get on a PC that way?

Other than that - I believe your team the Springboks have had a case of Arcadia Syndrome. One little thing, for us the loss to you, and for you the loss of a player through retirement, and then you have a huge long period drop in form.

Botha, I solved that by going to internet cafes during my holiday. Sure you can't get on a PC that way?

No, won't have time. But I re-checked the schedule and I think I should be okay for setting the rosters expect for a drop in form going into the second game.

Well, an attempt is better than none.

I'm not sure what happened with ALDM there Premier, would you say it was unlucky or wrong tactics?

Well....my tactics were decent, but with the way ALDM plays-if someone gets hurt or especially red carded and we go down to 10men the 3-4-3 and the personnel on the field turn into the Hyde of the two faces...

Week 7 in La liga

Lutherville Press(LP)-

Match of the Week

Arcadia FC @ VolNation Volunteers

Arcadia are coming off a huge victory against ALDM. Last week they put in five goals in the net against arguably the toughest defense in Primera. The five to one result was the most surprise drubbing of a top of the table club. Arcadia are finally starting to open a gap at the top of the table. This week is a true litmus test of their ability and deservedness as they are tested against the most decorated team in Liga history, VolNation.

The Volunteers hope to climb up in the rankings this week and put themselves in control of their title run. VolNation is coming off a bye week that they desperately needed in order to recover following their close victory against ALDM.

Look for the Volunteers to come out tying to prove that they are still relevant in the league. The home field advantage will propel the Volunteers to an early lead which they should be able to maintain through the end of the math.

VolNation Volunteers 2 - 1 Arcadia FC

Other Predictions:

Atlético Luz Del Mar 2 - 0 Transvaal Springboks

This is a matchup of two disappointing sides. Atlético are coming off two tough losses as they fall from grace. The 'Boks can't seem to stop their freefall after last year's dream season when they won the league. But now is a time of soul searching for both coaches and the players as they try to regain their footing. Look for Atlético to take advantage of Transvaal's poor form and take a first step back to competence.

1984 Duckies FC 3 - 1 Swamplandia Sinners

The Sinners are coming off a surprising upset at home against Estrella which has helped them move out of the relegation zone, if only temporarily. The Duckies are having another dandy of a season as they move into a tie for the second spot (third on goal differential). Look for the Duckies to have a relatively easy time with the Sinners.

Estrella Roja 2 - 1 Keville United FC

This is the battle to get out of relegation. You never know quite what to expect from Roja. Some weeks they can come out with a squad that can compete with the best. Others (like last week) they barely look to be a Primera quality side. United has had one week of quality this season and hope to put together a second this week, however it will be a tough order on the road against Roja.

Segunda

Dun Carrig Bohs 4 - 1 PEI FC

Dendarii FC 2 - 3 SiPS

Estrellapuerto FC 2 - 0 Spartak MK

FC Franzharia 1 - 5 A.M. Adepts FC

Tercera

S Team 3 - 1 Atlético Melloria

Atlético Vinilandês 2 - 1 Redemptio Reds

Compostela Artois 1 - 1 Boltonia

Jianada United 2 - 4 El Entrego