Liga Mundo - Season 6

Botha

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like KUFC and Estrella are going down - although Estrella are a slim chance to win over the Duckies. If so, looks like Voobaha will go down with KUFC.

I still think Estrella and KUFC are going down, with the Segunda promotion races very interesting. SiPS is finished, while FC Jekerger has an easy game by the looks of it, while the winner of Adepts v Spartak gets promoted, a draw means neither gets through... it's :awesome:

im sweating bullets over the change report, With such a small squad a good cr is essential for continued success. I got a decent warchest, but nothing to go get a star player with....Happy with Tiago Andre though, if he continues he will be the next Abreu and will take the reigns of the midfield - id even say by next season pending upon the CR, of course.

If Vol wins it would be the first ever Treble of all time. And one of the most significant deterioration of a Primera lead in history by Arcadia FC. To be honest, It doesnt look good for AFC, The vols go to Keville FC away from home and the opportunity to gain major points. But if AFC has a grand showing they might just maintain the lead and capture their first ever World Title. Personally, I would love to see AFC win the Primera. A stat that I am not too proud of is that my ALDM is 0-4 against AFC in the last four meetings. I am a fan of Arcadian futbol, and the high skill of play they possess. And as the Liga Commissioner, AFC deserves to win the title, if anything a cup! they have played well-enough to gain recognition via a credential of a World Trophy in any form.

Looks like KUFC and Estrella are going down - although Estrella are a slim chance to win over the Duckies. If so, looks like Voobaha will go down with KUFC.

I still think Estrella and KUFC are going down, with the Segunda promotion races very interesting. SiPS is finished, while FC Jekerger has an easy game by the looks of it, while the winner of Adepts v Spartak gets promoted, a draw means neither gets through... it's :awesome:

Nice to have the final game actually mean something. Seems almost everyone has a reason to be on edge this coming week. So time for a little "What if?"

Swamplandia avoids relegation if: win or draw @ Arcadia FC.

loss @ Arcadia FC, AND loss or draw by any two of: Voobaha, Keville, Estrella

Voobaha avoids if: win vs ALDM.

draw vs ALDM, AND loss or draw by Keville AND loss or draw by Estrella

loss vs ALDM, AND loss by keville AND loss or draw by Estrella

Keville promoted if: win vs VolNation, AND loss or draw by Voobaha

draw vs VolNation, AND loss or draw by Voobaha and Estrella

Estrella promoted if: win @ 1984 Duckies, AND loss or draw by Keville and Voobaha

Edited by Voobaha

Of course until we know how many teams will be participating in Season 7, promotion/relegation is all conjecture. Both myself and and more so Swamplandia have beaten the drop in the past due to league restructuring and/or folded teams.

I think Arcadia should take Swamplandia; granted the Sinners gave us a good run last week but frankly their team underperformed. Also, they don't have great depth on defense. Another weakness is their goalkeeping. Not that it is weak for talent per se, but the two keepers are identical for special skills so it's easier to work out a game plan to beat both of them rather than when you are left guessing which keeper gets the start.

I think Estrella Roja will be going down, they have way too much stacked up against them with tiebreakers (-20 DIF right now, ugh!).

As for the other team, I think Keville will also go down because they are up against VolNation who will be throwing everything at them for the championship. That said but between Voobaha and Keville, Keville are by far the better team on the pitch - so from a strategic point of view, I'd rather see them drop because they are a much tougher team than Voobaha for wins.

Edited by Botha

Of course until we know how many teams will be participating in Season 7, promotion/relegation is all conjecture. Both myself and and more so Swamplandia have beaten the drop in the past due to league restructuring and/or folded teams.

Point taken... my post is based on all teams returning, and Liga retaining current structure. :)

I DO feel that Estrella has a good chance at saving themselves. Facing a Duckies that havent been the hottest as of last, a win puts ER on 16 pts. Add in draws or losses from Voobaha (very possible vs ALDM), and Keville (facing the full on attack of VolNation), and Roja could be clear of the relegation zone (if all remains as normal).

That said but between Voobaha and Keville, Keville are by far the better team on the pitch - so from a strategic point of view, I'd rather see them drop because they are a much tougher team than Voobaha for wins.

Thanks for the bulletin board stuff. :P

Edited by Voobaha

I DO feel that Estrella has a good chance at saving themselves. Facing a Duckies that havent been the hottest as of last, a win puts ER on 16 pts.

Estrella needs to overcome its awful form if it is to have any chance against Duckies. As much as I'd like to see them stay up (as they are oldest team in the Primera not of the Original 4, I think they dug themselves into a hole too early by spending only 3 weeks outside relegation. Their form has been problematic all season.

I'm a bit on edge coming into the final match of the season. I know that I'm up against a solid squad at Spartak and with it being an away match for me he'll have that advantage going for him. I'm hoping that my guys will show a favourable performance on the pitch and that we will see promotion in our first season of play. If not, while I will be slightly heartbroken, I will know going into the break that I have a solid squad to work with to make another push for promotion in the next season. A good season by all means for the Adepts and for Segunda.

Estrella needs to overcome its awful form if it is to have any chance against Duckies. As much as I'd like to see them stay up (as they are oldest team in the Primera not of the Original 4, I think they dug themselves into a hole too early by spending only 3 weeks outside relegation. Their form has been problematic all season.

Yeah i have to agree, i have tried to mix up my tactics here and there but to no avail :(, and as you mentioned before my goal difference is appalling. Alas i am now preparing for next season in Segunda.

Edited by Cataduanes

Yeah i have to agree, i have tried to mix up my tactics here and there but to no avail

Sometimes you're just better to stick it out with the same formation. Even though folks will eventually figure it out and be prepared against you, at least you stil get some advantage for formation experience. I think that's what really help me last year, I constantly played 5-3-2 so my team gain bonus from that as the season wore on. This year I've been mixing it up between 5-3-2, 4-4-2, and 3-4-3 and I just seem to be a mess even though more often than not my team is prepared against my opponent.

Great points, Botha. Formation experience is important aspect of winning, especially if you have skilled players it acts almost as insurance to weaker teams. But at the same time, having a good mix of formations that tailor to specific special qualities of players and their positioning.

The most informative suggestion i can make to teams in the bottom half of the Segunda and Tercera, Formation experience can help you get promotions. The margin in skill between teams in minimal, so take full advantage of the opportunities to help your team get promoted and prize money.

Ahhh so close yet so far for Roja...at least we managed to score a consolation goal!!. Congratz to Keville United on surviving and to Spartak on getting promoted (I will be rooting for you next season potato). Segunda here i come :D

Edited by Cataduanes