Liga Mundo - Season 6

Botha

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well im in quiet a predicament with the cup game. I have two players out, one with injury(Rosario Padin) and another out with a Red card(Des Cavani). So ridiculous, but Ima field the best line up possible, and straight gamble. I mean, what else could I do?

Alba Farriá-Forreiró is the Achilles heal in this situation...I leave it at that.

*groan*

Couldn't even injure one of them couldn't you steodonn...

Well, September 11 for us will be significant - in more ways than one. Even better that I have quite a dilemma on my hands for talent picking - do I build my team and experience? Or do I go for the all-star team and attempt a win?

I'll be tossing it up in my mind...

Wow - that's looking good.

Just wondering for all of you guys in Segunda and Tercera - do you guys care about what happens in the Primera?

Not really. I focus on the tier I'm in and don't bother with the others until the end of the season when you see who's being promoted/relegated. Then I take interest to see how they fared during their time in the previous league so I know what to watch for.

*groan*

Couldn't even injure one of them couldn't you steodonn...

Well, September 11 for us will be significant - in more ways than one. Even better that I have quite a dilemma on my hands for talent picking - do I build my team and experience? Or do I go for the all-star team and attempt a win?

I'll be tossing it up in my mind...

I played bruise <_<

It's okay steodonn, in the end - it looks like you did enough.

3-1 over VolNation!

Yay! Maybe this season is our season... although six consecutive weeks of league matches still... 2 points up, a game in hand, I could possibly screw up - but I think we're a 50/50 shot of getting the title.

Well I got a 1-1 draw away at ALDM, so considering past results agianst them and the fact my team hasn't been doing too well due to a ton of injuries, I'm more than pleased to walk away with the single point.

Finally the gruelling six-game Big Three series is done and past, all my remaining games are now against teams which I need to make ground against to stay up. At the start of the season I was expecting no points out of the Big Three matches and I got 5, so now I need to figure out why I stumbled at the start so much against the rest of the Primera.

Yeah it seems you and i will be battling to stay out of the relegation zone Botha, the way things look its either the Bok's or Roja who will join Keville United FC in the drop.

Hard to say. Every game that Transvaal plays now is a 6 pointer for both clubs, as the teams above us also need wins to stay above the 'Boks. Duckies will probably give us some trouble but baring any more critical injuries I'm expecting to finish in 5th.

It only takes a second to score - I have that in my mind when setting tactics. I saw a match with goals I think on 80, 81, 82, 84, 86 and 87 minutes... so quite keen on ensuring that doesn't happen.

I suppose now that I think of it, if I can win against ALDM and then the Duckies - I put my chances at 80/20 at winning the title... but the Primera is so competitive I can't really say that the other teams will be easy to win against.

I suppose now that I think of it, if I can win against ALDM and then the Duckies - I put my chances at 80/20 at winning the title... but the Primera is so competitive I can't really say that the other teams will be easy to win against.

I think it'll come down to you and VolNation. ALDM has been flat in some matches they should have won. My suspicions are ALDM are gunning more towards the cup now while you're aiming more for the league title. Duckies I see playing the role of spoilers: they won't win it but will make life miserable for the rest of Primera in teh final weeks.

For relegation end of things I see Keville and Estrella Roja making the drop to Segunda. Springboks will get a scare but should avoid relegation - they may even finish as high as 5th.

Edited by Botha

Also, to give folks some heads up regarding the annual Transvaal Cup tournament (2010 or TC IV), the tournament will be held in two stages: the main 32-team tournament starting March 1st, 2010 prceded by a qualification round starting in January or February. Sign-up will begin in December 2009.

Nations which have previously participated in 2 or more Transvaal Cup tournaments will get byes into the main tournament (along with Deutschland, the defending champions, and Transvaal, the hosts).

Umm, I'm pretty sure you've been in 2 tournaments so you shouldn't have to go through the qualification rounds.

Anyways, back to the League, the Legion's domestic league is now full - 24 teams - so I'll send any extras over here...?

Sure, why not... might as well get them signed up so they can start re-tooling their teams and playing friendlies, etc. Also means we can get Season 7 underway faster if we aren't waiting around for people. Just give PremierApex the heads up so he knows, as he has to approve all new managers.