Liga Mundo - Season 6

Botha

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile Keville grind out a draw with Athletico with a rematch next week. Keeps our hopes alive though if can just keep breathing down Transvaal's neck. And if we can stop giving silly penalties and set pieces away.

PremierApex, is there any way to change X11's scheduling so you don't get this double fixture mid-season? I don't know why the fixture list doesn't just start from the top again as it would in a real league.

Meanwhile Keville grind out a draw with Athletico with a rematch next week. Keeps our hopes alive though if can just keep breathing down Transvaal's neck. And if we can stop giving silly penalties and set pieces away.

PremierApex, is there any way to change X11's scheduling so you don't get this double fixture mid-season? I don't know why the fixture list doesn't just start from the top again as it would in a real league.

Every single league I've ever been in has the home and home mid-season... it may suck, but it's a good challenge as well.

aaww i missed preparations for the league game against keville, it even put 18yo Junior Cabanas as the Captain-hopefully next time it will be much better.

How bout them Azules of Porto Ordono in the Legion, Arcadian?-I might have turned the corner, and in season 1 :awesome:

Well Premier, at least you didn't lose the game to Keville - a draw was at least mildly believable (if one doesn't look at the actual game).

And for Porto Ordono... wow, simply wow. I'm reading the result 4-2, and I'm thinking "That can't be right". But it was! Shows that you can win a game even with a bunch of 18 year olds. Congratulations on that, that's a genuine surprise - and I'm predicting lots of double gains in the season update soon. Good luck in the Copa Arcadia!

Week 10 in La Liga

Lutherville Press (LP)-

Match of the Week

Arcadia FC @ Transvaal Springboks

In an attempt to not have the same preview as last week we have highlighted another match this week. This match has huge implications on the shape of the league as we head into the home stretch of the season. Arcadia hope to continue to hold their own fate in their hands, their lead on the field is 2 points and they would love to stretch that knowing that there are quality teams just waiting for them to slip up. Arcadia will be traveling this week without one of their starting defenders Malcolm Fitzpatrick who will stay at the team's rehab facility, hoping to be fit for their next game.

Transvaal is in the opposite situation of Arcadia. The defending champions of the league are attempting to scratch out any points they can get to keep their team clear of the relegation zone. They currently sit one point ahead of United who picked up a point last week against Atlético. If the results are the same this week, Transvaal will fall back into the danger zone and be faced with a possible embarrassing exit from the Primera.

Last week's match was close in Arcadia and surely some of the 'bok faithful will be at the stadium to give their squad a much needed boost. Even with the boost, Transvaal will be over-matched and concede the three points to AFC.

Transvaal Springboks 1 - 3 Arcadia FC

Other Matches

Atlético Luz Del Mar 3 - 0 Keville United FC

Last week, Atlético stunned the Primera when they dropped 2 points to United and conceded the 1-1 draw on the road. Their manager blamed the loss on poor preparation and has promised that his squad will be up to the task this week in the rematch. United hope to show that their play was not a fluke and that they didn't need to injure captain Júnior Cabañas in order for the match to be competitive.

Voobaha National 2 - 4 1984 Duckies FC

Last week the Duckies ran away with the victory tallying 6 goals against young VooNat keeper van der Vart. Voobaha media thought that the predicted 4 goals would be a stretch against their defense but they were unable to stop the offensive onslaught by youngster Furado and veteran Pitt. The good news this week is that VooNat will not have to bother game-planning to stop Pitt following his injury in the cup this past week. The bad news is the rest of the Duckies squad will still be on the field.

VolNation Volunteers 4 - 1 Swamplandia Sinners

Swamplandia is currently riding an unbelievable 4 game unbeaten streak which has propelled the team from relegation danger to the middle of the table. The Sinners were hoping to make it a 4 game winning streak last week but could only muster a draw thanks to a 92nd minute header by Barry Joseph. This week they head on the road and hope to continue their winning ways. However they will be without star forward Palin due to a yellow card accumulation suspension. The Volunteers have to be seen as the favorites.

Segunda:

SiPS 2 - 1 Spartak MK

Estrellapuerto FC 0 - 2 A.M. Adepts FC

FC Jekerger 6 - 0 FC Franzharia

Dendarii FC 2 - 3 PEI FC

Tercera:

RMI Armed Forces FC 1 - 2 Atlético Vinilandês

Jianada United 6 - 0 Atlético Melloria

El Entrego 3 - 1 Boltonia

Compostela Artois 2 - 2 Redemptio Reds

Now I have to face my demons... I have to face VolNation in the clash that will determine the new leader of La Primera... and probably who will win it in the end...

I still think this is Arcadia's season to win it. Even Detlef Botha thinks so, which is saying a lot.

I'd be really surprised if you don't take the title - no one else has looked really that solid throughout.

Im not too worried, we did score 2 away from home. I knew it was wrong to give so much trust and the reigns of the team to the two youngsters of Zé Cocôa and Gamrí Di María Florés, they are both sooo young and obviously lack the experience to play consistently in any and every situation-To score goals, the only way teams win and teams lose.

All i got to say is, It is the Legada and ALDM will field the best players it has as we try and salvage. This will be test of professionalism to be honest with you, ALDM has the players to win the leg and advance to the finals they must be consistent and play in form like they are expected to.

Edit: Arcadia you should promo Liga Mundo, since you are the Promotions coordinator and everything.... :D;)

Edited by PremierApex

I am, I am... I'm taking a tally of those who apply for the World Cup thing in the Open World RP - and giving them a friendly PM after it starts.

And for the Legion... tough market to crack. VERY tough market. If something works there, it'll work anywhere. So far, nothing has worked...

Week 11 in La Liga

Lutherville Press (LP)-

Match of the Week

Transvaal Springboks @ VolNation Volunteers

Are the 'boks back? Last week they put a kink in Arcadia's armor by holding them to a draw at home. At the beginning of the season this wouldn't have been a big deal, but based on the season that is transpiring for Transvaal, a point against the league leader is quite a surprise. The goal that tied the match in injury time was scored by Detlef Botha who last year was second in points with 12. This year he has not been the same dangerous player at all having 5 at this point in the season. But perhaps the 'boks are trying to turn the corner and make an honest effort this last half of the season.

VolNat is, as always, the same team we have grown to know. They are always feared, and their devoted fans never cease to impress when they spot visiting stadiums with orange. At home their enthusiasm jumps to a new level and they push their stars to perform to new heights. Perhaps this is the atmosphere that slumping star forward Ian Robertson needs to be in to recover his once divine aura. With is absence up front has come a loss of forward firepower for the Volunteers who do not have even one forward on the list of top goal scorers.

Look for the Vol's to get the three points, but not as easily as one would expect as their forwards continue to struggle.

VolNation Volunteers 3 - 1 Transvaal Springboks

Other Matches

1984 Duckies FC 3 - 0 Keville United FC

The Duckies have had two opportunities this season to jump their way to the top of the table and have failed to capitalize. The first chance came on matchday 7 against the Sinners. A victory would have put them alone atop the standings the next week when Arcadia had their bye, but the Duckies couldn't close the deal, falling to the Sinners in front of their own crowd. Last week the opportunity presented itself again thanks to an Arcadia draw. Once again the Duckies squandered the chance letting Voobaha extract revenge for the previous week's 6-1 drubbing. This week they host the unpredictable but struggling United, who are without the services of prized midfielder MacKean. Look for the Duckies to get the result this week, but remain in 4th position.

Swamplandia Sinners 2 - 2 Atlético Luz Del Mar

Which teams will show up for this match? Both of these teams have displayed their potency this season with decisive wins over very talented opponents. But both teams have also also struggled mightily. The Sinners had a horrible start but followed it up with surprising form these past few weeks, until finally falling to VolNation last week.

Atlético has shown their talent and has stayed at the top of the table, but have failed reach their full potential by dropping games that they have no business loosing. This match may come down to the team that wants to loose less.

Estrella Roja 2 - 3 Voobaha National

Roja has had the picture perfect example of a disappointing season. Currently they sit at the bottom of the table with a grand total of 5 points and very little confidence that they can turn their luck around. Even drastic measures such as firing their manager earlier this season hasn't seemed to have any effect on the form of the team. Voobaha has performed well enough in their first season in the top league to turn a few heads and put themselves in a comfortable position in the middle of the table. Another 3 points or so and they should feel safely out of danger of relegation. It will be interesting to see if the manager decides to play the banged up star forward Heggem or if he gives him one more week to fully recover.

Segunda

Dun Carrig Bohs 4 - 2 FC Jekerger

Estrellapuerto FC 1 - 2 SiPS

FC Franzharia 1 - 4 PEI FC

A.M. Adepts FC 5 - 2 Dendarii FC

Tercera

S Team 3 - 2 RMI Armed Forces FC

Redemptio Reds 3 - 1 Jianada United

Compostela Artois 4 - 3 El Entrego

Atlético Vinilandês 4 - 0 Atlético Melloria