Official Cyber Nations World Football (Soccer) League

Cobes

Hello folks! I'm looking to form a World Football (Soccer) League, similar to the FIFA World Cup. Example of this would be the Puerto Pobre National Team going up against the Faizanian National Team. All football matches will be covered by a global news service (meaning I will write up small articles on all the match results), and of course, we will have a WFL World Cup at the end to determine which country has the best team.

Standings will be determined by which team has the most points, just like normal football matches. A team will be given 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, and 0 points for a loss.

Everyone in the WFL will compete in one match per week. Matches will be determined by dice roll (you just have to trust me to be honest with the rolls). The dice roll will be similar to Risk, for anyone who's ever played that, which I assume most of you have at some point. All teams start out fairly even (two dice rolled each), but the home team will always roll with an extra die (so 3 dice instead of 2 dice per roll).

Goals scored will be determined by three sets of dice rolls in this fashion:

Team A is home team

Team A rolls three dice: 5, 4 and 5

Team B rolls two dice: 5 and 2

each team gets 1 goal, so the score is 1-1 now

Team A rolls three dice: 6, 3 and 1

Team B rolls two dice: 4 and 5

Team A gets 1 goal, so the score is 2-1 now

Team A rolls three dice: 4, 2 and 2

Team B rolls two dice: 5 and 1

Team B gets 1 goal, so the score is 2-2 now.

The match is a Draw, each team gets 1 Point.

I know this is a lot of information up front, but I feel like I need to explain how the game will work so I can get some decent feedback on it. If you are interested in signing up your country, please post the following:

Ruler name:

Nation Link:

Do you have a stadium? (this is required in order to participate in the league):

Feel free to go crazy with this and design your country's own jerseys and whatnot too. Anyway, let me know what you think, thanks!

www.xperteleven.com also hosts Liga Mundo, which is the Official Professional League for Club Teams on Planet Bob.

That being said, there is currently no competition for national sides currently. Also, it's not the early 90's, 3 points for a win, not 2 :P

Also, I don't get how the game is played...?

www.xperteleven.com also hosts Liga Mundo, which is the Official Professional League for Club Teams on Planet Bob.

That being said, there is currently no competition for national sides currently. Also, it's not the early 90's, 3 points for a win, not 2 :P

Also, I don't get how the game is played...?

In this league, due to the continuous home team advantage of an extra dice roll, it will be 2 points for a win, 1 for a draw =P

The way this is going to work is, once we have enough countries that sign up for the league, I will begin matching up countries and create the weekly league schedule. I will make a post with the schedule in the beginning of the week, and a few days later (once I have had the time to determine all the matches by dice roll) I will post up match results complete with a synopsis of each game.

This is meant to be very basic from the start. It's something that people who participate can look at about twice a week to see where they stand, and just have fun with it. Country leaders can name their players and hold their own press conferences, etc. within the weekly thread if they want too.

Basically, I am going to create the league and manage the schedule, and you guys can decide how into it you want to be. Other than that, it's just something fun for me to do and you to participate in on the side, that requires absolutely no effort on your part, unless you want to really get immersed in your team of course (create jerseys, logos, etc).

At the end, the top certain % of teams will participate in the World Cup, and it will be a tournament knock-out style deal.

I may join after my Government talks to the owners of the Arcadian Stadium about the use of the stadium... it's booked every Tuesday and Friday for Liga Mundo (and if not, youth side practice), and every Wednesday and Sunday for the Legion Championship (and when we are away, youth side practice)... then there's the issue of training days, and of course the large fee involved...

Isn't 60% vs. 40% odds of winning a little too much of an advantage for the home team?

well, the dice aren't added up together. It's like Risk, where the home team rolls 3 dice. For example, they roll a 5, 4 and 5.

Now, the away team rolls two dice. They roll a 6 and 1.

The away team gets a goal, because they have the highest single number. So the home team does get a slight advantage of one extra die, which enables them to get a better chance of getting a higher single number than the away team, but it isn't necessarily a 60/40 ratio.

I'm going ahead and taking notes of those who signed up. I'll give this a couple of weeks and then start the league. Let everyone know who you think would be interested in doing this and send them over to this thread please :)

Ruler name: Napoleon I

Nation Link: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=339875

Do you have a stadium? (this is required in order to participate in the league): Kait's Stadium (formerly known as Wembley Stadium), MonArch Stadium (formerly known as Old Trafford), Bonaparte Stadium (formerly known as Stade de France), Dragon Stadium (formerly known as Anfield), Liberty Stadium (formerly known as Stade Chaban-Delmas)

Hi to all,

I read your post and its really good idea you are exploring so i like football very much and as per your requirement i am planning to go through with your idea and also telling my friends to join this link so its really fun in this.... coming from united states..... thanks for sharing the link....

Ruler name: potato

Nation Link: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=116484

Do you have a stadium? (this is required in order to participate in the league): Archon Arena, Pingu Stadium, Celtic Park, MacLand Stadium, Potato Bowl.

:v:

Looks like it's the 4 of us. B)

Ruler name: Kevinho

Nation Link: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=171439

Do you have a stadium? 5 of them, but Wooley Drive is the National Stadium

I think its good that you are organising such a league as the old international competition appears to have fallen apart, but it does sound as though home teams may just end up winning all the time. Anyway Kevodia is onboard.