Liga Mundo - Season 6

Botha

Promoting Liga as The World Stage of Professional futbol. It will be what the domestics feed into, and the quicker the managers get into teams-the better they are off in the long run. I am planning on bringing more media coverage of Liga Mundo to the domestic leagues which will include information regarding league tables, stats leaders of each domestic league as well-it will be an all-inclusive media guide much like an ESPN or a Sky Sports.

I am very impressed with how far Planet bob Footy has come, it has most definitely picked up momentum and is here to stay. It is funny, Liga expansion and overall CN footy has developed much like US soccer and the MLS and in the same time frame.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose.

Anyway, after more... recruiting, the Legion Championship is now at 28 teams. Now that is what we want for our domestic leagues - a large group of people, trimmed down to see who are the good ones, who are promoted to Liga.

I should say PA that the discussion has been going on the "Do we have enough bandwidth?" to "I like this idea" to "Good, a place where AE can chuck all 50 million of his soccer threads", to which I replied, "No, this is where we chuck summaries of our soccer threads - so you'll still see my threads around."

Could the 'Boks be the first team to go from top to drop in one season?

Too early to say as Die Bokke's remaining games are all against the bottom five teams. So how we do will also directly affect those same teams Die Bokke is battling against to avoid relegation. I won't be surprised if it goes down to the final week, although Transvaal does finish up with a bye.

I'm starting to think the game programmers did some tweeking with how 'bruise' plays out - because I cannot otherwise explain: 1) why I am doing so poorly this year with essentially the same starting line-up minus Ricardo, and 2) why I am suffering a ton of serious injuries. I think around half my starting line-up has been out with major injuries at some point this season.

Funnily enough, I have had a similar situation - did really well with bruise last year, but struggled this year. Things have picked up a little since turning bruise off.

Edit: when I say year, I mean season, but of course you knew that.

Edited by Kevinho

I think they did something to bruise - but I can't find it in any release that they have had... unless I'm not looking properly.

I now put my chance of winning the title at 85/15... if I win over the Duckies it'll be 90/10. I'm on 11 games, 25 points - Duckies are 2nd on 12 games so I have a game in hand plus 2 points ahead (5 points potentially), VolNation is on the same games as me so I'm 5 points ahead of him, ALDM is five points behind with a game lost so I'm 8 points ahead potentially.

I think it'll take a spectacular collapse for me to lose. However I will say if I lose against the Duckies, the mental note of being behind despite having a game in hand doesn't sit well with me. Duckies have their bye 2nd last week of the season and if I am forcing myself to win games... well, you never know.

Besides, I have all these players who haven't gotten full experience yet and I'm going to have to either:

a) Risk it all by playing them in the league games

B) Play a heck of a lot of friendlies

c) Screw them for not having enough form in the first place and just go all out to win the title.

I saw that in the 'players bought' and I'm like "HOLY F..." It's nearly the end of the season - I'd be really considering selling him, you'd get many millions... 20 million maybe? If you were confident in getting him 100% experience before the end of the season - maybe keep him.

I saw that in the 'players bought' and I'm like "HOLY F..." It's nearly the end of the season - I'd be really considering selling him, you'd get many millions... 20 million maybe? If you were confident in getting him 100% experience before the end of the season - maybe keep him.

I'm keeping him, for sure. There are still four matches left for me, so he can still get 100% experience. ^_^

He's good for his age but not worth 20 million (like Arcadian says). I've seen similar skilled players on the transfer market for peanuts, I know because I am cheap and shop around for bargains to develop.

I picked up two similar skilled players on my official team who were around 2 years older for under $200,000. One of them went for $98,000 and was underscouted, so he was actually a 5-bar cool freekicker. After two seasons he's now 22 and 7-bar. Best $98,000 I ever spent.

Edited by Botha

Well, yeah. They have more potential for growth and will last longer. But eighteen years old with the same skill usually does the trick - for that less.

Also if you are seriously looking at longterm potential, keep in mind players have different retirement dates so you never quite know how many seasons you will get out of a player. It's very possible that you may get more seasons out of that 18 or 20 year old than you would from the 16 year old.

For two years less (starting) and probably a quarter of the outlay value, I'd opt for buying bargain 18 year old players over expensive 16 year old players.

Id take a 16/4bar over a 18/4bar anyday, regardless of price. Reason: They have the potential to progress at 2 bars per season until they are 20. A 6-bar 18 yo with a decent SA will yield atleast 15mil and a real "pro" player. Take a look at any of the amazing teams at the top of the official leagues-most players were atleast 4bar-16yo, or atleast a 6bar at 18.