World Peace Conference

King Kevz

"My apologies. I couldn't hear it over some of the shouting that's taking place. And does insulting me really make you feel any better? Or, more to the pioiunt, what, exactly, does calling me or our host idiots accomplish? As a diplomat, you need to learn tact."

This last was addressed more to Liska Atka than Xaristan's representative, but it was still loud enough to be heard by her.

[Whisper] “I think I understand Instructor Jameson, let me put that in my notes of how not to make a proper diplomatic response.” Liska begins to diligently transcribe the exchange into her pink notebook. Edited by Generalissimo

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"And as a diplomat, you need to learn to listen, to know what was said before accusing our nation of being murderers. That, in my opinion, is far more important than what you perceive as tact. We are blunt, we are to the point, we call you out, and we pull no punches. We call that honesty and integrity. If you feel that is too harsh for your delicate ears, than maybe it is time to get a new profession."

"I did listen, but listening does not guarantee one will be able to hear every word spoken. Consider that for a moment, please. And being honest does not have to equate to being blunt. There are rarely situations where one cannot say something in a tactful manner. I am, frankly, surprised you don't know this piece of common sense."

OOC: How's that for a subtle jab? :P

[Whisper] "I think I understand Instructor Jameson, let me put that in my notes of how not to make a proper diplomatic response." Liska begins to diligently transcribe the exchange into her pink notebook.

Jameson offered a smile to his protege, but did not speak again.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

"I did listen, but listening does not guarantee one will be able to hear every word spoken. Consider that for a moment, please. And being honest does not have to equate to being blunt. There are rarely situations where one cannot say something in a tactful manner. I am, frankly, surprised you don't know this piece of common sense."

OOC: How's that for a subtle jab? :P

OOC: I've seen better. :rolleyes: Besides, Foster was Egon's chief negotiator in terms of business deals and hostile takeovers. She isn't a diplomat by trade. That is Bill Worthington, who is currently answering questions along with the Director concerning the America War. What she is doing is the only thing she knows, which is her style.

IC:

"Well one should be able to hear every word spoken before using those key words missed as the basis of their argument. And honesty does equate to bluntness in our books. We don't sugar coat things. You get straight shooting, every time. We call them like we see them, and this is what has allowed our country to survive."

OOC: I've seen better. :rolleyes: Besides, Foster was Egon's chief negotiator in terms of business deals and hostile takeovers. She isn't a diplomat by trade. That is Bill Worthington, who is currently answering questions along with the Director concerning the America War. What she is doing is the only thing she knows, which is her style.

IC:

"Well one should be able to hear every word spoken before using those key words missed as the basis of their argument. And honesty does equate to bluntness in our books. We don't sugar coat things. You get straight shooting, every time. We call them like we see them, and this is what has allowed our country to survive."

OOC: But how is he supposed to know that? :P

IC: "It's a little hard to hear everything when more than one person is speaking at the same time. That's another aspect of common sense. And Honesty still does not equate with bluntness. Honesty, if emplyed with tact, can still prevent conflicts. Honesty with bluntness tends to start them. Who knows, perhaps this blunt policy that lacts tact is what led to your own civil war in the first place."

"Gentlemen and ladies please let us all calm down here. We are here to discuss peace as equals not bicker and insult one another. I apologise for my earlier choice of words they were not correct for such a place as this and I ask for your forgivness" said Laura trying to get some measure of control back.

The Dragon Empire delegation walks in.. hears all the talk of different methods of wars.. breaks out laughing.. and walks right back out. Briefest conference attendence ever. It's rumored the delegation went to do something more productive.. like.. vacationing in... Greater Aotearoa if they can get their passports approved!

OOC: But how is he supposed to know that? :P

IC: "It's a little hard to hear everything when more than one person is speaking at the same time. That's another aspect of common sense. And Honesty still does not equate with bluntness. Honesty, if emplyed with tact, can still prevent conflicts. Honesty with bluntness tends to start them. Who knows, perhaps this blunt policy that lacts tact is what led to your own civil war in the first place."

OOC: He isn't. Just some OOC knowledge for you as to where she is coming from.

IC:

"Our last civil war was started because of a corrupt government that was merely a front for terrorists and a bunch of men who felt they were standing up for justice and only managed to completely botch the entire thing. Simon Wahler was a hero for making sure the people knew what was going on, and the Generals were corrupt cowards for allowing the Green Flag to control their actions. Bluntness had nothing to do with it."

"Our last civil war was started because of a corrupt government that was merely a front for terrorists and a bunch of men who felt they were standing up for justice and only managed to completely botch the entire thing. Simon Wahler was a hero for making sure the people knew what was going on, and the Generals were corrupt cowards for allowing the Green Flag to control their actions. Bluntness had nothing to do with it."

Jameson raised an eyebrow. "If you say so, miss...I don't believe I caught your name. I am Theodore Jameson."

And with the introduction, the massive black man also offerred his hand...

OOC: How's that for changing the subject? :awesome:

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Jameson raised an eyebrow. "If you say so, miss...I don't believe I caught your name. I am Theodore Jameson."

And with the introduction, the massive black man also offerred his hand...

OOC: How's that for changing the subject? :awesome:

OOC: Awkwardly would be the word I'd use for it.

"Heidi Foster, Deputy Consul of State for Xaristan." She shook his hand, not phased at all.

"Heidi Foster, Deputy Consul of State for Xaristan." She shook his hand, not phased at all.

"I don't believe I've met you, Foster," King Sargun said as he appeared from behind Jameson. While an inch or two smaller, he was of similar build and coloration. "Good to see Xaristan sending you, though, to a World Peace Conference. I'm sure Egon would end up shooting someone," he added lightly, patting Jameson on the back. "Now, are we going to discuss ways to stop violence or what?"

"Ms. Kingswell, if you have so far failed to maintain a political peace at this conference, what makes you think that you can maintain worldwide peace?" Henry had already formulated an opinion of the young leader of Pax Pacis. Naive, young, inexperienced, and grasping for strings.

"I don't believe I've met you, Foster," King Sargun said as he appeared from behind Jameson. While an inch or two smaller, he was of similar build and coloration. "Good to see Xaristan sending you, though, to a World Peace Conference. I'm sure Egon would end up shooting someone," he added lightly, patting Jameson on the back. "Now, are we going to discuss ways to stop violence or what?"

"Director Egon wished to attend, but he is still being pestered with questions concerning the recent war, so he sent me instead. I really don't understand what all the fuss was about. No one even died and the only thing that was destroyed was a border crossing station that was half on our land and half on Andorian land... I mean really. People are talking like we lined up women and children and started shooting from behind them.

"Ms. Kingswell, if you have so far failed to maintain a political peace at this conference, what makes you think that you can maintain worldwide peace?" Henry had already formulated an opinion of the young leader of Pax Pacis. Naive, young, inexperienced, and grasping for strings.

Laura took a quick breath and looked away sharply as she regained her composure before turning back around. "Everyone is allowed to make their point of view here, whilst trying to avoid arguements at the same time. Now if you don't think I am suitable for this conference you may leave at any time" replied Laura cooly as two nearby security personal moved a step closer to her to back up her words.

The guards immediatly called for back up and a number of guards rushed inside armed with batons but no firearms and took up positions around the so called ninjas whilst two other guards placed themselves between the ninjas and Laura.

Edited by King Kevz

OOC; Let's disregard the ninjas, shall we?

OOC: Not awkwardly at all. :D He did actually realize there had been no introductions.

IC: "Pleased to meet you."

"Hey, Sargun. Long time no see." Jameson's smile grew wide upon seeing his friend. "Yes, I believe it is time to get down to the true discussion."

The Peace Activits begin to sing "We are the world.. we are the children.." Sit down on the floor as peace protesters almost always do, "They just want the oil man!!" One begins to ramble crazily.

OOC: Maelstrom, please. You know, technically Kevz could report you for spamming if you continue to do that.

ooc: Have you ever seen a world peace or globalization conference where there WEREN'T leftist if not just crazy hippy protesters? You show me one and THEN you can report that as spam :-P. Stop complaining, have a sense of humor, and do what they always do.. toss them in a paddy wagon and have them hauled off.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

What Ninjas? Generalissimo has fought real ninja, and these were not ninja.

genwalk.gif

Generalissimo walked forward not even bothering to upholster his sidearm.

Except there were never Ninja. . . If there had been ninja Generalissimo would have done something awesome.

Edited by Generalissimo