World Peace Conference

King Kevz

Henry finished his beer and tossed it in the trash. He walked over to a group of other representatives. He paused to glance at one representative's face before smiling at the group and introducing himself. "Hi, I'm Henry Fredericks, Vice President of Drakoria."

OOC: I can delete the glance at Ragnar's face if he's not really burned.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With what had been deemed enough time to allow diplomats from those nations that wished to attend the conference over Laura made her way into the conference hall and took to the podium that was placed at the front of the hall where everyone could see her. Stepping up to the podium she placed both hands on the sides before speaking. "Greetings ladies and gentlemen thank you for attending this conference for world peace. As many nation's have stated across the globe, world peace is a difficult almost impossible goal to obtain but I feel this is wrong. If we truly wish for peace it requires effort and determination from those that strive for it and that is why I have invited you all here so we can discuss how best to work towards world peace" said Laura to everyone in the hall.

"When you have cut the Devil himself out of the very heart of man and removed his head and placed it on a silver platter and put it before me.. then I will find this meeting worth attending."

"Sadly, you are not the Christ."

"Unfortunately, treachery lies in the heart of every man and the attempt to circumvent it only draws more attention to it and worsens the plight of the world. Actively and aggressively going after peace.. has historically been the most direct path towards war because it brings all issues to the table.. and humanity.. is chock loaded with issues." Stated the Triumvirate Adviser somberly.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

"Excuse me, Ms...Kingswell, right? Forgive me, I'm still getting used to the names of everyone." Henry cleared his throat. "First of all, I highly doubt real world peace will ever be achieved, no matter how we try. Already, we failed to bring every nation together. But I have one concern. There is world peace and their is world union. We will be willing to keep peace, but is there going to be an actual union of nations occurring? A global merger of sorts? Because some view that as a way for world peace, but we will walk out of any world union talks."

"Excuse me, Ms...Kingswell, right? Forgive me, I'm still getting used to the names of everyone." Henry cleared his throat. "First of all, I highly doubt real world peace will ever be achieved, no matter how we try. Already, we failed to bring every nation together. But I have one concern. There is world peace and their is world union. We will be willing to keep peace, but is there going to be an actual union of nations occurring? A global merger of sorts? Because some view that as a way for world peace, but we will walk out of any world union talks."

"Thank you for bringing that point forward, I am sure a number of you turned up expecting me to ask for your signature for some treaty or for you all to join in a merger. I can happily tell you that is not the case. I will not be asking for you to sign or join anything. We are all here to discuss what can be done to achieve peace as that is our goal. I hope that answers your question"

"Well good. Now I can argue about how this effort is futile in the long run. There will always be war. So long as there are cassus bellis. CBs will be there until there are no more disagreements. Disagreements will be there until everyone is exactly the same. And then some childish leader will get mad at someone for copying him. Repeat. Your efforts are admirable, but in the end, it's up to each nation to do this separately."

"Well good. Now I can argue about how this effort is futile in the long run. There will always be war. So long as there are cassus bellis. CBs will be there until there are no more disagreements. Disagreements will be there until everyone is exactly the same. And then some childish leader will get mad at someone for copying him. Repeat. Your efforts are admirable, but in the end, it's up to each nation to do this separately."

"If there are disagreements then they can be dicussed at the table politly and correctly without the need for violence and death. There are no need for Cassus Bellis just talks. It is the inability of those eladers that deem violence necessary that makes world peace so hard to reach".

"If there are disagreements then they can be dicussed at the table politly and correctly without the need for violence and death. There are no need for Cassus Bellis just talks. It is the inability of those eladers that deem violence necessary that makes world peace so hard to reach".

"Talks can fail. And power is always a CB for the powerful. So many examples from history to go by."

"Talks can fail. And power is always a CB for the powerful. So many examples from history to go by."

"Talks only fail because people refuse to see reason and it is at times like that when those of us with more sensibilities must convince others not to take violent action. However, I do not have the experience the rest of you all have and that is why I ask for your opinions and thoughts on this matter".

Generalissimo stands to address the assembled leaders, “As long as there are men who prefer dominance to reason in this world, men like Kaiser Martens, there will always be conflict.”

"That may be true Generalissimo however, we will need to prove to men such as Kaiser Martens that they don't need to dominate the world if that is their true intention".

Messege from the Seventh Reich to Conference Attendees

We send our support to this conference and wish it the best of luck. While, sadly, cannot send a representative at this time, we fully support this conference and a peaceful cooperative agreement to come out of it will be backed by the Seventh Reich. That is all.

"Talks only fail because people refuse to see reason and it is at times like that when those of us with more sensibilities must convince others not to take violent action. However, I do not have the experience the rest of you all have and that is why I ask for your opinions and thoughts on this matter".

Henry considered mentioning the Helzan incident, but held his tongue. "War is human nature. We have had weapons for thousands of years. We have perfected how to kill each other. We went from wood clubs and slingshots to the sword and bow and arrow. We then manufactured the first musket, and then proceeded to perfect firearms. Now, we have weapons capable of leveling cities. There is no possibility of peace."

Generalissimo stands to address the assembled leaders, “As long as there are men who prefer dominance to reason in this world, men like Kaiser Martens, there will always be conflict.”

"And this good generalissimo has given a good, albeit biased, reasoning."

I think you put far too much faith in the human race. It sounds like you think that we can end all wars just by sitting at a table and discussing our differences. I wish it were so, and in some regions of the world that does sometimes happen, but in most cases it doesn’t. The majority of word leaders are too stubborn and fool headed to even try to have a successful discussion. Instead they make outlandish demands from their neighbors while constantly threatening war. In reality most world leaders don't really want to see peace, they just want to see their neighbors tremble or be destroyed. Until world leaders like that are removed from their positions of power I think it's very unlikely certain regions of the world will see a comfortable and lasting peace.

I think you put far too much faith in the human race. It sounds like you think that we can end all wars just by sitting at a table and discussing our differences. I wish it were so, and in some regions of the world that does sometimes happen, but in most cases it doesn’t. The majority of word leaders are too stubborn and fool headed to even try to have a successful discussion. Instead they make outlandish demands from their neighbors while constantly threatening war. In reality most world leaders don't really want to see peace, they just want to see their neighbors tremble or be destroyed. Until world leaders like that are removed from their positions of power I think it's very unlikely certain regions of the world will see a comfortable and lasting peace.

"And we're back to square one: power."

Henry considered mentioning the Helzan incident, but held his tongue. "War is human nature. We have had weapons for thousands of years. We have perfected how to kill each other. We went from wood clubs and slingshots to the sword and bow and arrow. We then manufactured the first musket, and then proceeded to perfect firearms. Now, we have weapons capable of leveling cities. There is no possibility of peace."

"And this good generalissimo has given a good, albeit biased, reasoning."

"War is not human nature, survival is. First man survived by looking for food and then when arguements broke out due to our uncivilised minds at those times we went to war with each other and killed each other. I say its about time we stopped being barbarians and started working together as civilised people".

"And maybe you place too little in the human race but that is beside the point. It is possible to end conflicts by sitting at tables and talking but as you said there are those that refuse to and so I ask you this how do we remove those people in the proper manner gentlemen?"

Peace should always be our ultimate goal. If not in our lifetimes, then in our children's. Even if it may seem unobtainable, or foolhardy, the pursuit of peace should always be on the agenda. We shall send Colonel Gareth Raglan, of the New Cymru CMIS to partake in discussions.

"War is not human nature, survival is. First man survived by looking for food and then when arguements broke out due to our uncivilised minds at those times we went to war with each other and killed each other. I say its about time we stopped being barbarians and started working together as civilised people".

"Yes, and we still advanced. Soon, it became less about survival and more about power and possibilities. Alexander took a Greek army from Macedonia to the far Indus, defeating the Persians and solidifying the Macedonian Empire until his death. The Roman Republic, and later Empire, warred with Carthage, Germania, Gaul, Greece, and many others to establish an empire. Napoleon Bonaparte led a revolution and founded an empire across Europe. These are cases of land and power being the want, not survival, although to Alexander's credit the Persians were at his doorstep.

You also have less savory war reasons. But the thoughts of some of these turns my stomach, so let's not discuss those.

In short, we will never run out of reasons for war. Survival, land, power, profit. All are motives."

"And maybe you place too little in the human race but that is beside the point. It is possible to end conflicts by sitting at tables and talking but as you said there are those that refuse to and so I ask you this how do we remove those people in the proper manner gentlemen?"

"Proper manner? Ms. Kingswell, our world knows two basic options for foreign policies: war and diplomacy. Diplomacy is employed. Sometimes it works. The rest of the time, the other !@#$%^& is too stubborn to hear reason and war will start somehow."

I've read my history books. Nothing about human history, especially recent history causes me to have much faith in certain country's reasoning skills or their desire for peace. I'm a realist, its my belief that war will always be part of our society, and nothing short of a single global empire, or the annihilation of the human race will change that.

What I do have hope for is the dramatic reduction of the number of wars, and the weapons used in wars. The fact is we can't remove a country leader without using force or threatening to use force, and that seems to contradict the spirit of this discussion.

"Yes, and we still advanced. Soon, it became less about survival and more about power and possibilities. Alexander took a Greek army from Macedonia to the far Indus, defeating the Persians and solidifying the Macedonian Empire until his death. The Roman Republic, and later Empire, warred with Carthage, Germania, Gaul, Greece, and many others to establish an empire. Napoleon Bonaparte led a revolution and founded an empire across Europe. These are cases of land and power being the want, not survival, although to Alexander's credit the Persians were at his doorstep.

You also have less savory war reasons. But the thoughts of some of these turns my stomach, so let's not discuss those.

In short, we will never run out of reasons for war. Survival, land, power, profit. All are motives."

"So what you are saying is that we should just continue to wage war utnil the day where we end up wiping out our own existance and possibly every othe rliving creature on this planet?"

"Proper manner? Ms. Kingswell, our world knows two basic options for foreign policies: war and diplomacy. Diplomacy is employed. Sometimes it works. The rest of the time, the other !@#$%^& is too stubborn to hear reason and war will start somehow."

"So you say we should go to war to stop war then?"

"So what you are saying is that we should just continue to wage war utnil the day where we end up wiping out our own existance and possibly every othe rliving creature on this planet?"

"So you say we should go to war to stop war then?"

"Should we? No. Will we? Yes. Now, I'd like to point out that I represent a libertarian-conservative nation, one that will not engage in an aggressive war until all diplomatic options have been exhausted and their is a legitimate and immediate threat to our security. And I have never said that we should do any of those things. I'm saying we will. We created our civilizations, we'll kill them."

"Should we? No. Will we? Yes. Now, I'd like to point out that I represent a libertarian-conservative nation, one that will not engage in an aggressive war until all diplomatic options have been exhausted and their is a legitimate and immediate threat to our security. And I have never said that we should do any of those things. I'm saying we will. We created our civilizations, we'll kill them."

"So violence is the only answer then once all diplomatic options are gone? What about blockading said nations and cutting off their resources and supplies of weapons and materials?"

"So violence is the only answer then once all diplomatic options are gone? What about blockading said nations and cutting off their resources and supplies of weapons and materials?"

We consider those actions to be a form of diplomatic pressure. Something that helps convince other countries to come back to the table to talk peace.

We consider those actions to be a form of diplomatic pressure. Something that helps convince other countries to come back to the table to talk peace.

As do we however, it does seem that some nations can totally self sustain themselves so we may encounter problems there. Now for the more delicate part of this talk. Let us say the diplomatic approach fails as does the blockade what do we do then?