World Peace Conference

King Kevz

We consider those actions to be a form of diplomatic pressure. Something that helps convince other countries to come back to the table to talk peace.

"He's right. And those are also acts of war. Blockading their ports will only encourage a war. It'd be like saying 'Hey, I'll use lighter fluid to put out this fire.' It doesn't work that way."

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats why I enjoy mixing the ideas. Peace cant be achieved without war. Its impossible, because some guy with a gun is going to shoot someone else. To make sure he stops, and to send a message to everyone else, you have to have everyione shoot back.

You want to stop wars? Get rid of your treaties, make friends, and if anyone attacks someone you attack the attackers. Thats it. Thats how it works. If they have a Just CB, and they have the right to attack then noone should interfere.

Of course only few have listened to this logic but if you want world peace, you'll participate in the GPI. Stopped wars from happening already, we can do it again.

As do we however, it does seem that some nations can totally self sustain themselves so we may encounter problems there. Now for the more delicate part of this talk. Let us say the diplomatic approach fails as does the blockade what do we do then?

To be blunt, if you've exhausted all attempts at diplomacy and neither party is willing to make any movement in a mutually beneficial direction then war tends to be the only option. I don’t think the human mind has the ability to conceive anything else.

Of course only few have listened to this logic but if you want world peace, you'll participate in the GPI. Stopped wars from happening already, we can do it again.

ooc: wut?

edit: double post made of win.

Edited by Justinian the Mighty

"So its decided then that when diplomacy is over, war must be carried out. Now that leads to my next question. What do you think is the correct way to carry out a war for peace?"

"Depends on your foe. Have they repeatedly threatened the world with genocide? In that case, a total war is needed. Crush everything they have. Destroy them. Is it a personal war of one offense? End it quickly with as little damage to the people as possible."

"So its decided then that when diplomacy is over, war must be carried out. Now that leads to my next question. What do you think is the correct way to carry out a war for peace?"

The ideal war is a powerful and precise strike on the enemy’s military assets. Destroy their will to fight before they even have a chance, that way you minimize casualties. Of course that is the ideal scenario.

The ideal war is a powerful and precise strike on the enemy’s military assets. Destroy their will to fight before they even have a chance, that way you minimize casualties. Of course that is the ideal scenario.

"This works too."

I agree with Slavorussia's words as total war should never never be used. The needless death of civilians should be avoided at all costs when fighting in a war. So quick destruction of military targets is the key to peace in a war would you all agree?

I agree with Slavorussia's words as total war should never never be used. The needless death of civilians should be avoided at all costs when fighting in a war. So quick destruction of military targets is the key to peace in a war would you all agree?

"Total war does not necessarily mean the death of citizens. The destruction of the nation's supplies and transport, yes. Intentional collateral, no. But why are you speaking war tactics at a peace conference?"

"Total war does not necessarily mean the death of citizens. The destruction of the nation's supplies and transport, yes. Intentional collateral, no. But why are you speaking war tactics at a peace conference?"

"Total war is the complete and utter destruction of your enemy that includes its people that is why it must be avoided. As for why we are discussing it is because you have already shown me that peace can not always be achieved through talks so we should discuss the best methods of achieving peace through war if we must".

"Total war is the complete and utter destruction of your enemy that includes its people that is why it must be avoided. As for why we are discussing it is because you have already shown me that peace can not always be achieved through talks so we should discuss the best methods of achieving peace through war if we must".

"Again, you don't know about Drakoria's track record. If we engage in total war, civilian deaths will be avoided unless they pose a direct threat to our soldiers. We do not endorse the needless deaths of civilians."

Heidi Foster spoke for the first time. "The correct way to carry out a war is the one that will win in the shortest amount of time. Whether that means invading a nation, bombing them in a "shock and awe" campaign, or using nuclear weapons. The "correct" war is the one that will achieve your objectives in the shortest amount of time to minimize the chances your soldiers or civilians are killed."

"No, we disagree. Take a look at the past war in the Americas. Xaristan won that war with 2,000 troops, 20 tanks, and 12 fighter/bombers... and the threat of nuclear weapons. Sometimes, that may be all you need to watch an empire crumble and fall. Other times, you need million man armies and scorched earth polices. While taking out military targets quickly is obviously beneficial to that aim, sometimes the bombing of civilian airports and television and radio stations are just as effective."

Heidi Foster spoke for the first time. "The correct way to carry out a war is the one that will win in the shortest amount of time. Whether that means invading a nation, bombing them in a "shock and awe" campaign, or using nuclear weapons. The "correct" war is the one that will achieve your objectives in the shortest amount of time to minimize the chances your soldiers or civilians are killed."

"No, we disagree. Take a look at the past war in the Americas. Xaristan won that war with 2,000 troops, 20 tanks, and 12 fighter/bombers... and the threat of nuclear weapons. Sometimes, that may be all you need to watch an empire crumble and fall. Other times, you need million man armies and scorched earth polices. While taking out military targets quickly is obviously beneficial to that aim, sometimes the bombing of civilian airports and television and radio stations are just as effective."

"Well we here in Pax Pacis are not murderers such as yourself who would be willing to kill civilians. Civilians are never a target unless they take up arms against you. Scorched earth polices should also be avoided at any time as they only cause harmful effects that will continue to harm after the war is over"

"Well we here in Pax Pacis are not murderers such as yourself who would be willing to kill civilians. Civilians are never a target unless they take up arms against you. Scorched earth polices should also be avoided at any time as they only cause harmful effects that will continue to harm after the war is over"

"Murderers such as ourselves? This only shows why this little circus you are calling a conference will fail. We said that we would hit civilian targets, yes, but we never said we would kill civilians. Why? Because those targets can be used by the military for their own purposes. Where would be the next logical spot for the military to relocate surviving planes after the bombing on their military airfields? Civilian airports. Where is the most logical place for a government to send out propaganda to keep having their people rise up against us? Civilian radio and television stations. Ignore these basic tactics in war, and you will very soon find your enemies spreading all their military material out through civilian targets, knowing they won't hit it."

"Murderers such as ourselves? This only shows why this little circus you are calling a conference will fail. We said that we would hit civilian targets, yes, but we never said we would kill civilians. Why? Because those targets can be used by the military for their own purposes. Where would be the next logical spot for the military to relocate surviving planes after the bombing on their military airfields? Civilian airports. Where is the most logical place for a government to send out propaganda to keep having their people rise up against us? Civilian radio and television stations. Ignore these basic tactics in war, and you will very soon find your enemies spreading all their military material out through civilian targets, knowing they won't hit it."

Next time please clarify your statement when you said civilian targets that sounded like you also included hospitals, churches, schools and homes in that list of targets. Engaging places such as airports and radio stations may be classed as a usable tactic.

Generalissimo (Generalissimo of Procinctia) and Liska Atka (Procinctia's Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs, Foreign Office) will represent the nation of Procinctia at Laura Kingswell's World Peace Conference.

Liska Atka may or may not be accompanied by Promised Land's Theodore Jameson.

OOC: Let's just assume she is... :D

Jameson spoke up for the first time. "Then next time, please be more clear with your statements. You did not clarify anything beyond saying 'civilian targets.' We do not want any more misunderstandings. Misunderstandings can often lead to unnecessary wars."

OOC: Ahem. Note the bolded portion.

Next time please clarify your statement when you said civilian targets that sounded like you also included hospitals, churches, schools and homes in that list of targets. Engaging places such as airports and radio stations may be classed as a usable tactic.
OOC: Let's just assume she is... :D

Jameson spoke up for the first time. "Then next time, please be more clear with your statements. You did not clarify anything beyond saying 'civilian targets.' We do not want any more misunderstandings. Misunderstandings can often lead to unnecessary wars."

"Maybe you both should learn to listen better and stop bringing in personal biases against my nation. I never even used the words 'bombing civilian targets'. I said, specifically, the first time, bombing civilian television and radio stations and civilian airports. I was perfectly clear, you both only heard what you wanted to hear to make Xaristan look bad, and by doing so, have made yourselves look like idiots."

A Peace conference would be a good thing and step in the right direction ,

This war has scared many nations so I believe we must pursue peace at this time Iam only speaking from my own point of view and I do not speak on behalf of the TPF leadership.

But it is clear that there has to be a start somewhere for peace

Edited by RICB

A Peace conference would be a good thing and step in the right direction ,

This war has scared many nations so I believe we must pursue peace at this time Iam only speaking from my own point of view and I do not speak on behalf of the TPF leadership.

But it is clear that there has to be a start somewhere for peace

OOC: I think you are getting mixed up this is the Cyber Nations roleplay area alliance politics and stuff isnt included here.

Pretty much exactly what I just said... because you used an effective blitz campaign you broke you opponent's will to fight and won the war.

Pretty much exactly what I just said... because you used an effective blitz campaign you broke you opponent's will to fight and won the war.

The way she is saying it, the threat of nuclear war made them back down.

OOC: missed an s

Edited by freakwars

"Maybe you both should learn to listen better and stop bringing in personal biases against my nation. I never even used the words 'bombing civilian targets'. I said, specifically, the first time, bombing civilian television and radio stations and civilian airports. I was perfectly clear, you both only heard what you wanted to hear to make Xaristan look bad, and by doing so, have made yourselves look like idiots."

"My apologies. I couldn't hear it over some of the shouting that's taking place. And does insulting me really make you feel any better? Or, more to the pioiunt, what, exactly, does calling me or our host idiots accomplish? As a diplomat, you need to learn tact."

This last was addressed more to Liska Atka than Xaristan's representative, but it was still loud enough to be heard by her.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

The way he is saying it, the threat of nuclear war made them back down.

OOC: She, lol

IC:

"We believe that the effective use of a military blitz proving that we would fight with the backing of nuclear weapons, hand in hand, contributed equally to our victory. Words either way would not have mattered, they both needed to be backed up by action.

"My apologies. I couldn't hear it over some of the shouting that's taking place. And does insulting me really make you feel any better? Or, more to the pioiunt, what, exactly, does calling me or our host idiots accomplish? As a diplomat, you need to learn tact."

This last was addressed more to Liska Atka than Xaristan's representative, but it was still loud enough to be heard by her.

"And as a diplomat, you need to learn to listen, to know what was said before accusing our nation of being murderers. That, in my opinion, is far more important than what you perceive as tact. We are blunt, we are to the point, we call you out, and we pull no punches. We call that honesty and integrity. If you feel that is too harsh for your delicate ears, than maybe it is time to get a new profession."