You Thought We Were Kidding

Michael McBride

"Regradless of your decision our non combatant medical and engineer soldiers will be entering the United States of America to provide medical and engineering assistance to any wounded found, it doesn't matter which side they are fighting from we will treat them at our aid stations when we set them up. All our forces will have our flag either flying our printed on their uniform"

Louisiana cannot guarantee the safety of your non-combatants. If they are seen helping the enemy, there is a high change they will be killed unintentionally.

---

Twelve missiles armed with e-bombs were launched from Kansas City. They traveled over the Mississippi and into Ardoria and Tennessean territory, where they headed for headed for three major cities: Memphis, Nashville and Jackson. If they exploded correctly (as they were supposed to) there would be minor to nonexistent structural damage but most of the electronics in the cities would be fried.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**Private, Presidential Residence**

"Goddammit why didn't they tell me this before they start stuff like this?!?!?"

"Sir, Xaristan has also started invading us, they made a move at the I-95 Crossing."

"Fall back to the Gulf Canal. Close all of the border crossings still open. Close the airspace and start moving men to the Mississippi. If Louisiana decides to make a move, I don't want to be caught off guard. Send a message to the Jersey Republic and the Holy Imperium, they're still in BTP and we should be able to keep them from attacking us. Has the Alliance responded yet?"

"No, sir."

"Get the Air Force in the air and patrolling the border. Get the messages out and set up a press release."

"Yes, Mr. President."

*Private to the Holy Imperium and the Jersey Republic*

We have no knowledge of the plan to invade Xaristan and the Jersey Republic (our representatives in the US capitol were absent at the time, the Holy Imperium can attest to that (OOC: I didn't post at all during the period where they were discussing invasions)). In addition, we are still treatied to each other through Bermuda Triangle. While I am not asking that you side with me, I would like to know if a cease-fire/truce between our nations would be possible for the duration of the war.

*Another Private Message to the Alliance*

We have now been attacked by Xaristan. We would like any assistance you can offer if any is possible.

***Classified***

50,000 men are moved to the Ardoria/Louisiana border. The Gulf Canal is fortified with 100,000 men and border crossings with Xaristan are closed. The Ardorian Navy has been reorganized into a wartime structure with TF 11 and TF 13 being combined. All military leaves ahve been canceled and reserve forces are called up. The Ardorian Air Force has closed all air traffic into, out of, and within the country. Ports remain open but travel through Ardorian waters is at mariners' own risk.

*An Announcement from the Ardorian Foreign Ministry*

While it may seem strange to many of you, we in Ardoria were as surprised as you were when we learned of plans to invade and attack Xaristan and the Jersey Republic. Therefore, effective immediately, the United Republic of Ardoria is once again, an independent and sovereign nation. All ties to the United States of America are hereby dissolved and all territories of the former State of Ardoria are now territories of the United Republic of Ardoria.

Edited by Raritan

Once again you show yourselves to be ignorant. We have transcripts of the discussions that transpired between the United States diplomats (OOC: They are in the "Round Table" thread. I'm not going to post everything here). We have seen nations like Arkantos call for our destruction simply because we possess nuclear weapons for our own protection. We have seen the United States demand the destruction of every nation that does not agree with them in their territory. This is not a group of nations fighting for freedom and justice. We are the freedom fighters. We are fighting for freedom from tyranny and injustice and against those who would seek to destroy others simply because they do not agree with them.

As for our attacks, thus far we have attacked with barely 2,000 troops and 20 tanks. Ready at a moment's notice? If we were ready at a moment's notice we would have had over 100,000 troops barging into their country. Instead, we did not? Why? Because the news took us off guard but we decided to see if we could catch the United States off guard as well. It is called military strategy, something that I am sure you hippies don't understand.

As for your medics and engineers, we cannot guarantee their safety. Troops in a combat zone are all at risk, no matter what flag they are flying. We will not be held responsible for any casualties your men suffer since you are sending them into an active war zone.

OOC: I don't get the chance to read every thread unless I have lots of spare time. Also the round table thread is closed to United States members so I still wouldn't know. Therefore you do need to post what they are.

IC: "Freedom and justice have been used by many nations across the globe as reasons for going to war and until we see otherwise we must believe that this is the same for your nation. You say you have transcripts if you can provide copies of these to us then we shall be able to see if your are telling the truth."

"As for our non combatants they know the risks they are undertaking however, their aid stations will be placed away from combat areas and clearly marked by flags to avoid them being identified as a hostile target. The only way for these camps to be attacked is if attacked on purpose".

Louisiana cannot guarantee the safety of your non-combatants. If they are seen helping the enemy, there is a high change they will be killed unintentionally.

---

Twelve missiles armed with e-bombs were launched from Kansas City. They traveled over the Mississippi and into Ardoria and Tennessean territory, where they headed for headed for three major cities: Memphis, Nashville and Jackson. If they exploded correctly (as they were supposed to) there would be minor to nonexistent structural damage but most of the electronics in the cities would be fried.

"Our non combatants know the risks they are undertaking however, their aid stations will be placed away from combat areas and clearly marked by flags to avoid them being identified as a hostile target. The only way for these camps to be attacked is if attacked on purpose".

OOC: I don't get the chance to read every thread unless I have lots of spare time. Also the round table thread is closed to United States members so I still wouldn't know. Therefore you do need to post what they are.

IC: "Freedom and justice have been used by many nations across the globe as reasons for going to war and until we see otherwise we must believe that this is the same for your nation. You say you have transcripts if you can provide copies of these to us then we shall be able to see if your are telling the truth."

OOC: You can read the thread, you just cannot post there. The transcripts of what transpired are there, I am not going to post it all here. That is the evidence. If you still fail to recognize it, that is your own business.

Private to Ardoria

We presently have 140,000 soldiers and 1000 mechanized units stationed at the NNA Base. You will need to give us some time to mobilize before we can take any action.

OOC: I need to figure out what exactly is going on.

OOC: You can read the thread, you just cannot post there. The transcripts of what transpired are there, I am not going to post it all here. That is the evidence. If you still fail to recognize it, that is your own business.

OOC: Wait, did you RP any spying on their discussion? You can read it, but you can't respond it to it through IC unless if one of their members told you through IC or if you have spied.

Private to Ardoria

We presently have 140,000 soldiers and 1000 mechanized units stationed at the NNA Base. You will need to give us some time to mobilize before we can take any action.

OOC: I need to figure out what exactly is going on.

OOC: Apparently Louisiana is backstabbing the United States by pitting Xaristan to attack the United States. Trust me, it's confusing. :o

OOC: As others have mentioned before I cna reply IC to the transcriptions I need you to post IC your nation sending a copy to mine. Just a simple statement saying you have sent us a copy will be sufficent otherwise I would be meta-gaming.

OOC: Wait, did you RP any spying on their discussion? You can read it, but you can't respond it to it through IC unless if one of their members told you through IC or if you have spied.

OOC: You should keep up with the times more. See the thread "Silly Goose, Calling Strangers Starts Wars".

OOC: As others have mentioned before I cna reply IC to the transcriptions I need you to post IC your nation sending a copy to mine. Just a simple statement saying you have sent us a copy will be sufficent otherwise I would be meta-gaming.

IC:

The State Department of Xaristan sends a copy of the transcripts to your nation.

*Private to Xaristan*

As you should now know from the announcement we made earlier, we've dissolved our ties with the United States. While we know that that is not grounds for ending the war, we would like to know what surrender terms you had in mind. We do not wish to be in a war with anyone right now and would like to resolve the issue as quickly as possible to minimize the loss of life on both sides.

Atlantis and Tennessee are the remaining states of the United States. And I am not a fool. I know we stand no chance against all three enemies. We wish to know your terms of surrender.

In addition, as an emergency action, I declare the capital of the United States to be Cleveland, Ohio.

OOC: It's about to storm outside, so I may not be able to get on.

Edited by Arkantos

"We have read the transcripts and have also contacted some of the other members of the United States who have no left them and we have gained some intresting details as the below evidance shows it was the representative from Louisiana that first brought the idea of war against the nation forward and worked towards convincing the rest of the United States to attack you. It seems that both sides have been misled and betrayed by Louisiana"

Ladies and Gentlemen of the United States of America, I come to you with a proposal. A hard one that many of us may object, but one we must do to fulfill the destiny of the United States. Xaristan is in turmoil. No matter how much they claim to be self-sufficient, they are not. And American presence has stabilized a war-torn Mexico as best as can be hoped. Xaristan must become part of the United States. We must be firm. Tahoe has shown that unless we are firm in our goals, we will not last. And as we are today, Florida provides key strategic, nuclear and natural points into North America. They are weak, without diplomatic ties and stand in our way of a supreme, peaceful America.

We must act now.

New Jersey is a credible threat. They and Xaristan both have announced intentions to use nuclear weapons and not necessarily to "defend" themselves. What happens when there's a diplomatic scandal? What if we're on different sides of a war somewhere else? This is too large of a threat.
No reason? There is reason enough: pre-emptive strike to save ourselves. We know they're going to use it on us. Xaristan won't stay in Florida. Look at the massive military rebuilding, the incredible amount of power they can soon wield: nobody can control themselves with power. Xaristan is as much of a threat to us as Nordland was to Lubeck. A massive military waiting to strike. If we don't strike first, we will be caught unawares. We will be the ones who are losing the entire East to a joint Xaristan-New Jersey attack. They don't like us. We don't like them. Xaristan has already said no aid. Closer relations are impossible. We need to act now.

These are the points we would like to bring forwards to your attention.

Edited by King Kevz

The Elective Dictatorship of Palintine has ceased all trade and transit to the North American continent except with Tahoe, our allies. We cannot say we are ever pleased to see nations at war; however, Tahoe has our support in their endeavors. We would join them through the Ferrous Pacific Brotherhood if it were not for our inability to provide support.

The Elective Dictatorship of Palintine has ceased all trade and transit to the North American continent except with Tahoe, our allies. We cannot say we are ever pleased to see nations at war; however, Tahoe has our support in their endeavors. We would join them through the Ferrous Pacific Brotherhood if it were not for our inability to provide support.

Private, from Great Lakes State:

Do you mean you are also cutting trades off from us? We are not involved in the war at all.

In additional treasonous actions today, Louisiana has arrested the Atlantian government that was taking shelter there from the rebels after the Capital was destroyed.

I implore Xaristan and Tahoe to see that we have been decieved. You have been decieved. The way this is shaping up, it was all a plot by Louisiana to grab land in North America, and to get us all at war.

Private, from Great Lakes State:

Do you mean you are also cutting trades off from us? We are not involved in the war at all.

A route through Canada to avoid warfare would be too costly for us right now, and all other routes lead through a warzone. We're sorry, but our hand is forced.

OOC: before replying, keep in mind my nation is in economic depression.

Private to Tahoe Republic

As an ally and sharing an MDP bloc with you we request that you do not attack our MDoAP partner Ardoria who was neither part of any plot to invade you nor do they posses the aspirations to do so. They have succeeded from the United States and are only wishing for a cease fire.

A route through Canada to avoid warfare would be too costly for us right now, and all other routes lead through a warzone. We're sorry, but our hand is forced.

OOC: before replying, keep in mind my nation is in economic depression.

OOC: Right, like cutting off trades will improve your economy.

------

IC: Second public announcement from GLS:

We have decided to place an embargo on Louisiana. Why? Louisiana backstabed the U.S., yet ironically, Louisiana was original founder of the U.S. We do not like to trade with betrayers.

IC: Second public announcement from GLS:

We have decided to place an embargo on Louisiana. Why? Louisiana backstabed the U.S., yet ironically, Louisiana was original founder of the U.S. We do not like to trade with betrayers.

An embargo is an act of war. You should do well to study current events more carefully before you make rash and potentially devastating decisions.

An embargo is an act of war. You should do well to study current events more carefully before you make rash and potentially devastating decisions.

Please check the dictionary again. All we did is cut off trade from your nation, and that is not damaging your infra or your land. How is an embargo is an act of war when the only thing that is being effected is the trade between us? You can not force us to trade or not to trade with certain people, including you. We have the right to trade with who we want.

Link to a dictionary if you don't have one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embargo OR http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/embargo

Edited by HHAYD

Please check the dictionary again. All we did is cut off trade from your nation, and that is not damaging your infra or your land. How is an embargo is an act of war when the only thing that is being effected is the trade between us? You can not force us to trade or not to trade with certain people, including you. We have the right to trade with who we want.

Link to a dictionary if you don't have one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embargo OR http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/embargo

OOC: Embargos were traditionally considered acts of war[2].

derp

*Private to Louisiana*

We are willing to negotiate a cease-fire between our nations for the duration of the war. We'd like to end this conflict as soon as possible to minimize loss of life.