Spying

Sumeragi

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard, but not impossible. That's merely ten times the number of guards to bribe. If someone has a 90 percent rate I'm going to let them pull it off if they use common sense.

If they are retards about it I'll have them shot.

Firestorm, I think you're my new best friend... :D

Hard, but not impossible. That's merely ten times the number of guards to bribe. If someone has a 90 percent rate I'm going to let them pull it off if they use common sense.

If they are retards about it I'll have them shot.

People put too much stock in their CNRP nation rather than viewing it as a tool to have fun with others. Luckily, you don't, so you'd have fun with the spy operations. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that you can have fun with things even when people are all up in your !@#$.

I do have to say, if anyone attempts to try and infiltrate Fort Dawson, they had better not pose as a native. The population is 1,327. However, posing as a stranger would be easier. I think that's the kind of thing we're talking about here. Use your odds, but play an angle at the same time.

People put too much stock in their CNRP nation rather than viewing it as a tool to have fun with others. Luckily, you don't, so you'd have fun with the spy operations. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that you can have fun with things even when people are all up in your !@#$.

I didn't like it when I was RP attacked, but I rolled with it, and actually managed to enjoy the little combat I saw before it was called off.

Well here is one, what do we do to people who refuse to acknowledge the roll and the RP behind, especially in a simple mission? They then change their RP so that what you did was impossible?

The rule's already established for something like that. Ret-cons are only allowed if, A, no one has yet responded to your post, or B, the people who have agree to the ret-con.

And Pravus has pretty much answered the question.

I have a question about when to spy. For example:

Person A RPs something classified.

Person B notices it OOC and decides to spy on Person A to find out the classified IC due to OOC reasons.

Is that allowed?

That's called metagaming. And no, it isn't. However, spying occurs worldwide in a variety of places in real life. To bring this into CNRP, lets say you were doing something with building projects. Someone with satellites can take pictures of said building projects (whenever my citizen count gets high enough I'll have satellites, and they will be actively monitoring as much of the world as possible) and then spy to find out what it actually is.

Say, if this was Tahoe doing the classified. I'd want to know what's going on in his country no matter what. If he does something classified and there's a slight possibility that I would be able to find out what might be happening without using spies, I'm going to try to find out what it is. However, if it was Singapore I wouldn't give a !@#$. :P

That's called metagaming. And no, it isn't. However, spying occurs worldwide in a variety of places in real life. To bring this into CNRP, lets say you were doing something with building projects. Someone with satellites can take pictures of said building projects (whenever my citizen count gets high enough I'll have satellites, and they will be actively monitoring as much of the world as possible) and then spy to find out what it actually is.

Say, if this was Tahoe doing the classified. I'd want to know what's going on in his country no matter what. If he does something classified and there's a slight possibility that I would be able to find out what might be happening without using spies, I'm going to try to find out what it is. However, if it was Singapore I wouldn't give a !@#$. :P

What I meant was different, another example:

Person A is RPing the building of a biological weapon (or anti-aircraft gel), but keeping it classified by hiding the development.

Person B notices it through OOC, and decides to carry it into IC by asking if he/she can spy on Person A over an OOC reason.

Edited by HHAYD

Too easy to see through these days.

Is it?

Infrared vision and is your friend.

Unless if you placed loads of insulation underneath the sheet.

Which he might actually do, and possibly disguise that fact by making it simply look like slightly elevated ground and putting soil and ground cover (i.e. grass or whatever's appropriate for the region) over it.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

you know several countries have taken to landing their aircraft on long strips of highway. Just make certain points of the roads reinforced for aircraft handling, and deploy the fighters and such out of barns.

But then if your enemy finds out, then they will start bombing the highway system to pieces and any buildings that look like it could shelter an airplane.

Edited by HHAYD