End of Terms: NPO and Beyond

Jipps

I agree, imposing harsh terms will only cause another war later on that will attract harsher terms than before to compensate for the harsh terms of the previous war.

Harsh terms will only lead to harsher terms in the future, but reasonable terms might actually break the cycle and lead to a new paradigm where reasonable terms are the new norm.

And this will lead to a better world for everyone.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anybody agree that reparations and terms were the only way to actually "kill" an alliance? Sure, they can be brought down through sheer loss of total strength but it's reps that make the final blow, if you see what I mean.

Would anybody agree that reparations and terms were the only way to actually "kill" an alliance? Sure, they can be brought down through sheer loss of total strength but it's reps that make the final blow, if you see what I mean.

Yup, it sure was the reps that killed off GOONS, huh?

I agree, imposing harsh terms will only cause another war later on that will attract harsher terms than before to compensate for the harsh terms of the previous war.

Harsh terms will only lead to harsher terms in the future, but reasonable terms might actually break the cycle and lead to a new paradigm where reasonable terms are the new norm.

And this will lead to a better world for everyone.

While this is wonderful in theory, now apply it to CN where you know all too well that people can be greedy

• 2 weeks later...
While this is wonderful in theory, now apply it to CN where you know all too well that people can be greedy

Worked well for Gremlins over the past (almost) 3 years.

Take for example NpO. We really used to hate each other, but after we gave them lenient terms, our relationship is better than ever. I dont think we need to fear any aggression from them in the future.

But well, you DO have a point. People tend to be overly irrational in CN. These alliances tend to die though. Where are GOONS? Wheres NPO?

Yep.