haunted by the past ezi or not my past follows

shaiker

Here and here. You said you were a noob but acted like you knew everyone. We called you out, you lied to us. That really doesn't give anyone a good first impression. When Archon asked you to tell him your previous identity and promised to keep it private, you wouldn't do it. If you can't trust the leader of the alliance you want in, why would you apply? Edited by potato

Of all alliances in this game, I think MK would be one of the most understanding in accepting players who have rerolled (next to FAN lol).

Can you really blame them for denying your application when you act shady? Even if they did sign a no-EZI pact, that doesn't mean they'll let any tom, dick and banned member join their ranks. That would just be stupid.

Edited by hizzy

so now you accuse me of trying to harm you before?

if i wanted to harm an alliance i would have pretended to be a newb. Instead i get the shaft by being honest

This post seems kinda revealing. I think he stated that you may have tried to harm the alliance you want to join. He did not accuse you of anything, but your wording and defensiveness seems to indicate that it was MK that you were trying to join. He was making a hypothetical statement simply stating a possible reason why AN alliance MIGHT not want to take you in. By saying that he is accusing you of trying to harm him, or his alliance, you seem to be saying that it was MK that you were trying to join. Interesting.

I really dont think you are getting the shaft. If you have not tried to harm them in the past, then why not tell them who you were. Maybe they will take you in regardless and give you a chance to prove yourself regardless of previous actions or affiliations. You dont know this until you try. If you want to keep your previous identity a secret, then maybe just tell the IA guy in a PM and ask him to keep it secret. If he doesnt and tells everyone and does not allow you into the alliance, just re-roll again and you are back to square one and no one knows who you are again. At that point you might want to reconsider the alliance you want to join.

Maybe OP just doesn't want to be viewed in the same light as his previous alias. Maybe he wants to RP a different role this time around. You can't truly start with a clean slate if you're viewed in a prior light. If its a new character, carrying no former grudges or bias I don't think people should poke and prod.

If he wants to reveal his former identity let him, if he doesn't I don't think you should press the topic.

Meh just my two cents.

I know that when accepting people to alliances I have led before, I have often wanted to get the complete picture of the person I am accepting into the fold. I have, on occasion, requested information about previous characters and have always kept the information confidential.

Then your alliance is more of an OOC organization. You're not accepting a nation ruler or a nation. You're digging into the player personally in order to see if they can join an IC organization?

Edited by BikeCat

Maybe OP just doesn't want to be viewed in the same light as his previous alias. Maybe he wants to RP a different role this time around. You can't truly start with a clean slate if you're viewed in a prior light. If its a new character, carrying no former grudges or bias I don't think people should poke and prod.

If he were really playing a new character it would be unlikely to have come up in the first place.

Then your alliance is more of an OOC organization. You're not accepting a nation ruler or a nation. You're digging into the player personally in order to see if they can join an IC organization?

To be fair, it's an IC organisation which requires both as a practical and normally legal necessity access to an OOC private computer system, with OOC forums, etc.

Also whenever these things come up it seems the person involved isnt really RPing squat, it's just a dodge. Potato says "you said you were a noob but acted like you knew everyone" - that doesnt sound like RPing a new character to me...

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

Ok, here's the thing.."Tell us who you really are" is actually, "we know who you are, now admit it publically". Unless you got a new internet service, the forum mods to your "alliance" have already matched IP addresses. Gotcha. Just come clean, take the licking, move on.

Ok, here's the thing.."Tell us who you really are" is actually, "we know who you are, now admit it publically". Unless you got a new internet service, the forum mods to your "alliance" have already matched IP addresses. Gotcha. Just come clean, take the licking, move on.

No, we were actually guessing in our private channels as to why this guy was acting shady and who he could've been.

ok all i accept your critisisms and i apologise to mk for bringing this out . The reason for my rerolls is i wished to potray myself in a different light. I was previosly a member there sometime back but only a short time that time i was a reroll as well but i made the mistake of going on irc and was tracked down by a hunter through ip addy. I was then handed over to them for my new reroll to be ezid. My persona had changed then as well. Admittedlly i did joke around on my application and i imagine that gave me away as someone familiar with the alliance. The reason i liked MK was that they made me laugh often on there forums. I have never spied nor betrayed an alliance i was in, I just crossed the wrong paths of people in power in my past. This goes all the way back to 2007 that ive been hunted. I wanted to restart and i didnt want the slightest evidence of my past to surface because i made that mistake before.

Edited by shaiker

ok all i accept your critisisms and i apologise to mk for bringing this out . The reason for my rerolls is i wished to potray myself in a different light. I was previosly a member there sometime back but only a short time that time i was a reroll as well but i made the mistake of going on irc and was tracked down by a hunter through ip addy. I was then handed over to them for my new reroll to be ezid. My persona had changed then as well. Admittedlly i did joke around on my application and i imagine that gave me away as someone familiar with the alliance. The reason i liked MK was that they made me laugh often on there forums. I have never spied nor betrayed an alliance i was in, I just crossed the wrong paths of people in power in my past. This goes all the way back to 2007 that ive been hunted. I wanted to restart and i didnt want the slightest evidence of my past to surface because i made that mistake before.

Trust me when I say either whoever reads your post will forgive you, or not care. Shame on the latter.

You can trust Archon to not put the info you give him regarding your previous incarnation [if you feel comfortable divulging that] to any nefarious use. Unless you are a significant threat to the wellbeing of his members. Even then he might just let you walk.

Oh and if you wanted to keep the fact that you were a re-roll, a secret, you should not have let it surface in your posts, that, from what i hear, implied that you were a re-roll.

I wanted to restart and i didnt want the slightest evidence of my past to surface because i made that mistake before.

Just a word of advice: If you want to restart and have a bad past then you probably shouldn't act in ways that will make others suspicious of you.