After the war

Tellos

So after this war i wodner what will happen as in another thread I beleive if it is not tied up properly it'll lead to worse later. Also with the smaller alliances on the rise I think we may be accidently caught in the middle i nthe next one. Not by any of the larger allaiances I think I think more likely by the fact power grabs may arise while the larger powers are fighting. leaving the smaller alliances to worry some power hungery ones may try to consolidate and eat up other small alliances.

so thoughts? agree disagree i'd liek to hear from others.

Each war begets more war, if historical precedent serves as an accurate indicator.

This I suspect.

Not by any of the larger allaiances I think I think more likely by the fact power grabs may arise while the larger powers are fighting. leaving the smaller alliances to worry some power hungery ones may try to consolidate and eat up other small alliances.

This has been said before and, although I've not watching for it, I don't think there was that much oppotunism by smaller alliances taking on each other. Some did attempt to increase their exposure by trying to join one side or another of the main war.

I'd be interested to know if I'm wrong.

Edited by Desius

This has been said before and, although I've not watching for it, I don't think there was that much oppotunism by smaller alliances taking on each other. Some did attempt to increase their exposure by trying to join one side or another of the main war.

We're taking over Umbrella by force in a few months.

err

lolpsec!

Well from the recent trend, it appears that post war will look like a discussion as to whether or not to go to the latest concert, for example:

"Hey guys, want to go to the latest Journey concert?"

"Uh, isn't that the Journey without Steve Perry? That's not the real Journey!"

"Hey guys, want to reform X alliance?"

"Uh, isn't that the X alliance without [insert 'necessary' member here]? That's not the real Alliance X!

Yes, so I foresee wars over who has the right to reform Alliance X coming up in the near future.

Either several of the Karma alliances will consolidate into a new Continuum-like hegemony, or (more likely) there will be a power vacuum and the cyberverse will enter a new, less predictable era.

Unless of course NPO gets off with enough strength left to rebuild, in which case they will establish a new hegemony in about 6 months.

The cyberverse will more than likely be multi-polar with three main power groups in Superfriends, CItadel, and CnG.

Since Frostbite has been announced, do you see Frostbite as part of the CnG side, or its own? If part of CnG, shouldn't it be named CnG+Frostbite or Frostbite? Since Frostbite has more NS. :P

Shark week ftw :D

prolly gonna be alot of "Afterschock" wars between alliances that ethier want revenge or didn't get there fill on a certain alliance. in which case would cause some problems i wouldnt be suprised if a sanctioned alliance warred IRON or NPO even after karma peaces them out and wants them dead..doubt anyone would intervene.

The next war will be a war on bad grammar.

Wow, this would be a war where I'd actually root for the Nazis.

EDIT: Unless they start putting dyslexics in concentration camps.

Edited by Taishaku

Well this is why I am guessing what i am i noticed like my own alot of smaller alliances kept out of thsi war and likely for good reason [who wants to get crushed or steam rolled by those guys?] but several alliances have dropped dramaticly over the past month and smaller alliances have not had such drops in fact some shot up like rockets. Again you may be right and it'll amount to nothing but I do think things are gonna be very decentralized power wise.

PS: yes my keyboard hates me I try to fix some typo's but some days after work I just don type very well.

Edited by Tellos

I bet 50 tech that a new continuum bloc is formed, and nothing is changed except Pacifica is no longer pulling the strings.

+1

I think that the future lies not in rebands, but smaller alliances in general. With the amount of damage even larger alliances are taking, and the end of both the one hyper-block cyberverse and the continuous DoWing of 5 man minors, CN is ripe to become a pasture for smaller alliances. Especially now since the need for protectorates is waining as tech is more easily gained through peaceful dealings than in roguing. I think that in the next few months, CN will be more like it was in 2006 and early 2007, which is a step in the right direction.

So after this war i wodner what will happen as in another thread I beleive if it is not tied up properly it'll lead to worse later. Also with the smaller alliances on the rise I think we may be accidently caught in the middle i nthe next one. Not by any of the larger allaiances I think I think more likely by the fact power grabs may arise while the larger powers are fighting. leaving the smaller alliances to worry some power hungery ones may try to consolidate and eat up other small alliances.

so thoughts? agree disagree i'd liek to hear from others.

My advice? Look to your alliance, make sure your folks understand how to fight, honor any treaties you sign...and concentrate on growing and staying in mutual support range (ns wise).

After the smoke clears there will be some re-shuffling within a variety of alliances. Where that will end up? Is currently in the wind.

I bet 50 tech that a new continuum bloc is formed, and nothing is changed except Pacifica is no longer pulling the strings.

I doubt there will be a Continuum-like bloc formed again until after a couple major wars. There mill most likely be a void in power, that might separate Karma blocs such as C&G, SuperFriends, The Citadel, and NOIR. Not to mention other powerful blocs such as, Frostbite, Poseidon, and LEO. The summer should be interesting.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

Kittens? You monster.

Puppies are much tastier.

You do realise now that someone is going to try combining them. Possibly on pizza.

As far as fighting goes..well, some folks think it's better with little brushfire wars all over the place. Others don't. We'll see how it goes.

Shark week ftw :D

prolly gonna be alot of "Afterschock" wars between alliances that ethier want revenge or didn't get there fill on a certain alliance. in which case would cause some problems i wouldnt be suprised if a sanctioned alliance warred IRON or NPO even after karma peaces them out and wants them dead..doubt anyone would intervene.

You must not be paying attention if you think IRON will be wantonly attacked any time soon.

You do realise now that someone is going to try combining them. Possibly on pizza.

As far as fighting goes..well, some folks think it's better with little brushfire wars all over the place. Others don't. We'll see how it goes.

Puppy and Kitten Pizza with some hot sauce on it? Sounds delicious.

Also, I see a few months of nothing, one bloc or another will break up, and then the former members of that will form a larger one out of one that didn't break up.